http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 02:09:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sex and the City  (Read 4013 times)
Eduardo X
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:42:44 PM »

The movie is coming out today, and in watching an interview with Sarah Jessica Parker I remembered how much I hate the show.

It's about 4 women who love spending money, and love the most superficial things imaginable. They're all, for the most part, totally unlikable. I hate that they have somehow become role models.

Thank god Jennifer found somebody else to see this with, because I refused to go. However, YESTERDAY all showings for today and tomorrow were already sold out around here. Did any of you sorry saps get suckered in to seeing this?

PSN ID: EduardoX
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »

If you did please turn in ALL of your man points at the door.

Ye Olde Farte
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 05:52:46 PM »

Nope. My wife loved the show, and the MINUTE I found out they were making a movie (back when it was first announced), I told my wife, "Find someone else to see that with."

Now the day has finally arrived, and she is going with a friend of hers while I throw a Rock Band party.

I do think the brunette (Charlotte?) is mega-hawt, but the rest of them look like a bunch of horse-faced mutts by comparison. Plus, I can't freaking stand Sarah Jessica Parker. She makes me want to just hit her upside the head with a blunt instrument.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »

Charlotte is really hot. That's one good thing about the show.

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 30, 2008, 05:52:46 PM

Nope. My wife loved the show, and the MINUTE I found out they were making a movie (back when it was first announced), I told my wife, "Find someone else to see that with."

Now the day has finally arrived, and she is going with a friend of hers while I throw a Rock Band party.

I do think the brunette (Charlotte?) is mega-hawt, but the rest of them look like a bunch of horse-faced mutts by comparison. Plus, I can't freaking stand Sarah Jessica Parker. She makes me want to just hit her upside the head with a blunt instrument.

I told my wife the same thing. She had a bunch of girlfriends going but was going to stay home since she didn't want to leave me with the kids all night. I said "GO!", but she decided not too.

BTW, I think there are some nekkid Charlotte pics floating around teh interwebs.

And yes, I hate this show with a man fueled passion.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 06:12:21 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on May 30, 2008, 05:42:44 PM

Thank god Jennifer found somebody else to see this with, because I refused to go.

You still lose for starting a thread about it. Lose real bad.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:20:20 PM »

So it's about three hookers and their mom?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »

Never saw the appeal; the fact that this movie has been likened to some sort of cultural milestone is particularly disturbing.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 06:23:15 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 30, 2008, 06:12:21 PM

Quote from: Eduardo X on May 30, 2008, 05:42:44 PM

Thank god Jennifer found somebody else to see this with, because I refused to go.

You still lose for starting a thread about it. Lose real bad.
Maybe listening to some Avril Lavigne will make it better?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:27:31 PM »

I'm very excited about this movie's release.  My wife's got plans to see it with her friends and so I've got a blissfully uneventful evening lined up to catch up on my neglected gaming backlog.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 06:29:03 PM »

ugh..this is one thread I never hoped to be seeing here...although, I bought the entire boxed set for my GF..

sweet Age of Conan time ;-)

A new one
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »

Wife is going with friends so tonight has been declared Poker night! And then afterwards maybe "Poke her" night, if you get what I mean! *wink wink, nudge nudge*
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 06:41:52 PM »

Never saw the appeal; the fact that this movie has been likened to some sort of cultural milestone is particularly disturbing.

I get Entertainment Weekly every week, and last week it was an all Sex & The City extravaganza. I read the letters page then threw the whole thing in the trash.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 07:00:28 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2008, 06:29:03 PM

ugh..this is one thread I never hoped to be seeing here...although, I bought the entire boxed set for my GF..

Yep, I got the set for the wife.  She's going out with a friend to see it.  She knew better than to even ask...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 07:04:05 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 30, 2008, 07:00:28 PM

Yep, I got the set for the wife.  She's going out with a friend to see it.  She knew better than to even ask...

Funny how they know not even to ask us to see this movie, but we have no qualms about dragging them to something like Iron Man  icon_biggrin
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »

I saw a sneak preview.  It was pretty awesome.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:12 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on May 30, 2008, 07:14:30 PM

I saw a sneak preview.  It was pretty awesome.

*burns IkeVandergraaf's mancard*

there...you'r all ready and emasculated now.

A new one
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:45 PM »

I'm showering on some Old Spice, slicking back my hair (and my back hair), breaking out my best gold chains, unbuttoning my silk shirt down to my navel, and hanging out by the popcorn machine. The sweet smell of processed butter, in conjunction with the irresistible pungency of the Old Spice, will form an aroma so powerful that no single, desperate,
wanna-be Carrie Bradshaws will be able to resist me. I envision zombie-like hordes of starry eyed, love crossed hotties leaving the theatre finally ready to accept my affection.
The sound of hundreds of biological clocks ticking all at once shall be deafening. But it will be music to my hairy ears (which I shall also slick back).

Like shoot fish in a barrel. With JuJubees.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 07:24:35 PM »

My kinda/sorta gf (we've just started dating a few weeks ago, though we er, "hooked up" several times in high school) wants me to go with her. Of course I said no. She said, "I'll make it worth your time." It's looking like I'm gonna have to go frown. Today there's hardly been a thought in my mind except how to bypass the movie and still get the worth my time bit.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »

Quote from: Jag on May 30, 2008, 07:04:05 PM

Funny how they know not even to ask us to see this movie, but we have no qualms about dragging them to something like Iron Man  icon_biggrin

What makes my wife special is she wanted to go to Iron Man.  When I started to tell her not to even think about asking me to accompany her to see Sex and the City she cut me off and casually said, "I know better than that.  But we will be seeing The Dark Knight at midnight, no excuses."

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Sex and the City is even a bit much for meFabulous

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on May 30, 2008, 07:27:32 PM

What makes my wife special is she wanted to go to Iron Man.  When I started to tell her not to even think about asking me to accompany her to see Sex and the City she cut me off and casually said, "I know better than that.  But we will be seeing The Dark Knight at midnight, no excuses."

See?  This is why Laura and Jaime get along so well.  Smart women folk, you don't even hardly have to beat em none!  My wife wanted to see Iron Man and can't wait for Dark Knight.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 07:40:43 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on May 30, 2008, 07:27:32 PM

Yeah my wife complained for a week when I told her a bunch of the guys were going to see Ironman without wives.  I had to tell her it's not my fault her friends don't like pure awesome in their movies.  I think she's seeing this with friends also... mostly to get out with those friends though to her credit.  (Gaming Saturday night!)
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »

I know that PR_GMR was all hyped for this one.  He'd even put together his "Carrie outfit" for the midnight showing.  Weeks after the movie was announced he was continually starting threads on the official fan board for SaTC with titles like "Why I'm the Anti-Samantha" and "Shoes, Jews and Shrews: The Sex and The City FAQ".

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 08:19:38 PM »

Remember, it's all about the fashion. So that women have new things to want, such as more shoes and handbags, and more shoes.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 30, 2008, 08:19:38 PM

Remember, it's all about the fashion. So that women have new things to want, such as more shoes and handbags, and more shoes.

Don't get me wrong.  It certainly is all about the fashion, but the women featured in the Sex and the City series are a bit too obnoxious, shallow, and pretentious about it.  One can be fashionable and reasonable, as these should never be mutually exclusive.  Being fashion-conscious doesn't have to be irritating.  And yet the characters in Sex and the City are as likable as fingernails scratching across a chalkboard.  These women give real-life fashionistas a bad name.

Fabulous 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »

My wife loves a good sci-fi. She watches Stargate or Star Trek every.single.night. But she also likes her girly girl shows.

I suspect her love of this show has more to do with the years we spent living in NYC dealing with people exactly like this. It's also the reason I despise it   icon_evil
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 08:38:47 PM »

I have to admit I love the show, you can't take the characters seriously because its a comedy. Nearly every girl I've dated in the past 2-3 years has been a fan of the show and I swear its an aphrodisiac, if having a few cocktails and watching an episode or two of Sex in the City gets her hot then I'm all for it. If she wants me to see it with her I'm all for it.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 08:13:05 PM

I know that PR_GMR was all hyped for this one.  He'd even put together his "Carrie outfit" for the midnight showing.  Weeks after the movie was announced he was continually starting threads on the official fan board for SaTC with titles like "Why I'm the Anti-Samantha" and "Shoes, Jews and Shrews: The Sex and The City FAQ".

Yes, hepcat, you've uncovered my secret plans. I am going to cross-dress and sneak into a screening. I hear that men won't be allowed at screenings of 'Sex And The City' even if they wanted to go. It's a secret estrogen society movie. The result of my sneaking will be a front page review at Horror-101.com.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2008, 08:44:18 PM

Yes, hepcat, you've uncovered my secret plans. I am going to cross-dress and sneak into a screening. I hear that men won't be allowed at screenings of 'Sex And The City' even if they wanted to go. It's a secret estrogen society movie. The result of my sneaking will be a front page review at Horror-101.com.

PR_GMR catches an afternoon movie with friends...May, 2006

Tongue

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 09:01:38 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 08:56:07 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2008, 08:44:18 PM

PR_GMR catches an afternoon movie with friends...May, 2006

Tongue

eek eek eek

My eyes!!!

I tell you... Cosplay should be made illegal... unless you're a hot chick.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 30, 2008, 05:52:46 PM

I do think the brunette (Charlotte?) is mega-hawt, but the rest of them look like a bunch of horse-faced mutts by comparison.

yes

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 30, 2008, 09:01:38 PM

I tell you... Cosplay should be made illegal... unless you're a hot chick.

...and yes

Quote from: Jag on May 30, 2008, 06:02:54 PM

BTW, I think there are some nekkid Charlotte pics floating around teh interwebs.

...and makes a note about a certain search to be done after the wife goes to bed.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 09:10:01 PM »

Spamusement on Sex and the City.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »

If I may turn sexist, shallow and ridiculously misogynistic for a few minutes; what the hell happened to Sarah Jessica Parker???  i swear i can remember a time when she was actually the stuff of teenage fantasies.  now she looks like Charles Nelson Reilly in his Lidsville outfit...

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 09:20:11 PM »

IRC has delivered the goods. SarahJessicaParkerLooksLikeAHorse.com

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 09:12:37 PM

i swear i can remember a time when she was actually the stuff of teenage fantasies.

I do not recall such a time, please provide some proof.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »

She was totally hawt in D.A.R.Y.L.

OK, not really.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 09:32:43 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 30, 2008, 09:12:37 PM

If I may turn sexist, shallow and ridiculously misogynistic for a few minutes; what the hell happened to Sarah Jessica Parker???  i swear i can remember a time when she was actually the stuff of teenage fantasies.  now she looks like Charles Nelson Reilly in his Lidsville outfit...

She's a prime example of plastic surgery gone wrong. That's what happened.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 10:51:31 PM »

Tonight will be a sad one for bachelors  crybaby

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 03:51:11 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 30, 2008, 10:51:31 PM

Tonight will be a sad one for bachelors  crybaby

You mean the happy people who didn't need to sit through two hours of slutty tripe?
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 05:31:47 AM »

This thing boggles my mind. My wife went tonight and was not able to get in until a 10:00 show because every show was sold out. They had even sold out all the earlier shows through *tomorrow*. 

Man Brain...does...not...compute!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: