http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 12:08:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEAL shows why he deserves that title.  (Read 484 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:47 PM »

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2006/10/13/399226-seal-falls-on-grenade-to-save-comrades

Petty Officer 2nd Class Michael A. Monsoor had been near the only door to the rooftop structure Sept. 29 when the grenade hit him in the chest and bounced to the floor, said four SEALs who spoke to The Associated Press this week on condition of anonymity because their work requires their identities to remain secret.

"He never took his eye off the grenade, his only movement was down toward it," said a 28-year-old lieutenant who sustained shrapnel wounds to both legs that day. "He undoubtedly saved mine and the other SEALs' lives, and we owe him."

That exemplifies the sort of bond that you simply cannot get anywhere but in the military. (or at least that I've found) 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:26:49 PM »

My cousin's a SEAL in that same unit. I can't imagine doing what he does over there. I hope that this SEAL's story is publicized far and wide so that people will see that there are still heroes in our military. Regardless of what anybody thinks of the war (and I have definite feelings about it and our current leadership), this type of sacrifice needs to be known.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:27:25 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on October 15, 2006, 11:26:49 PM

My cousin's a SEAL in that same unit. I can't imagine doing what he does over there. I hope that this SEAL's story is publicized far and wide so that people will see that there are still heroes in our military. Regardless of what anybody thinks of the war (and I have definite feelings about it and our current leadership), this type of sacrifice needs to be known.

Hence my post.  We'll keep the light on for your cousin. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 03:57:58 AM »

I have a co-worker that told me he wants to beat up a seal because he would get "mad bitches."  He was talking about the animal though.

dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 12:56:49 PM »

I knew of a guy when I was in the army in SE Asia who jumped on a grenade to save his buddies. The grenade turned out to be a dud. All he got was constant kidding.

Ye Olde Farte
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: