http://gamingtrend.com
November 21, 2014, 04:48:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scott Peterson Guilty!  (Read 1626 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2004, 09:17:21 PM »

Just broke.

Wake up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004, 09:17:51 PM »

1st Degree Murder for Lacy, 2nd degree for his unborn child.

Wake up.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 09:27:12 PM »

About time!!  Was worried there for a moment with the jurors deliberating for soo long.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 10:40:42 PM »

Cool....plug the chair in.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 11:06:41 PM »

Couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy. The slimeball deserves to rot in hell.

It looked a little dicey at the end. It's very surprising a guilty verdict was reached so soon after two jurors were dismissed.  Rumor has it that the jury foreman who was dismissed supposedly told friends a while ago that he thought the evidence was "garbage" and that he would never vote for a guilty sentence and would do everything in his power to create a hung jury.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 03:53:22 AM »

If he got 1st degree for Laci....why did he get only 2nd degree for the baby?  I would've thought both of them would be pre-meditated.  I think he was also quoted as saying he "never wanted to be a father" or something.

Just seems kinda strange.
Kev199
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 05:52:07 AM »

As much as I don't want to see any more of this trial in the news, expect an appeal based on the allowances given to the Jury and other issues of that concern.

I am morally against the death penalty in any case, although this guy should be thrown in with the other prisoners in a max prison and I bet he wouldn't last too long.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 02:15:08 PM »

I'd personally expect an appeal on the basis that they couldn't prove a lot of things.  Like how it was done, for example.  

I'm not saying he's innocent.  I honestly don't care.  But there's that whole 'beyond a reasonable doubt' thing that I keep hearing about.  smile
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 11:52:45 PM »

Does anyone know what convicted him? All the news showed was stuff about the prosecution proving that peterson was a liar and that he cheated on his wife and just because someone is a liar and a cheater, does not mean they are a murderer.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 06:33:52 AM »

From what I can tell watching the coverage, the evidence that most likely convicted him was the hours and hours of taped phone conversations between him and his mistress, Amber Frey. Also, probably the fact that the bodies washed up a mile or two away from the site where he said he went fishing on the day Laci went missing.

As for the 1st degree vs. 2nd degree thing, he was convicted of 1st degree murder in Laci's case because the jury felt he purposely conspired and actively carried out her murder. He got 2nd degree murder in the baby's case because the baby died as a result of the mother dying. He didn't actually put his hands on the baby to kill him.

We won't know the exact reasons why he was found guilty until the penalty phase is carried out, the trial is completely over, and the jury can finally speak to the media. Plus, we'll find out why two of the jurors were dismissed.
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2004, 07:58:28 AM »

Anyone else completely sick of hearing about this?

I mean, it sucks she and her son were killed.  But I'm sure many, many pregnant women are killed.  For some reason, this made national news and stuck there.

Damn.  I don't care what happens to him.  I want my wasted time back.

If I added a sig, would you read it?
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2004, 08:58:44 AM »

Quote from: "Jimmy the Fish"
From what I can tell watching the coverage, the evidence that most likely convicted him was the hours and hours of taped phone conversations between him and his mistress, Amber Frey. Also, probably the fact that the bodies washed up a mile or two away from the site where he said he went fishing on the day Laci went missing.

As for the 1st degree vs. 2nd degree thing, he was convicted of 1st degree murder in Laci's case because the jury felt he purposely conspired and actively carried out her murder. He got 2nd degree murder in the baby's case because the baby died as a result of the mother dying. He didn't actually put his hands on the baby to kill him.

We won't know the exact reasons why he was found guilty until the penalty phase is carried out, the trial is completely over, and the jury can finally speak to the media. Plus, we'll find out why two of the jurors were dismissed.

Amber fry only proved that he was a cheater and a liar though. The fishing thing is damning, but i don't think someone should be convicted sololy based on that.
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2004, 03:14:35 PM »

Frankly, I was suprised.  They convicted on circumstancial evidence that was slimmer than what they had on OJ.  They had no substancial evidence to directly tie him to the murder(s).  Not that I feel that he was innocent, the problem is theres a big difference between thinking he's guilty and knowing he's guilty.  I wouldnt be suprised if this gets overturned in appeal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: