http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 07:34:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saddam walks out on trial...  (Read 717 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:36:03 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/28/saddam.trial/index.html

Seriously, what other trial do you know of where it is ok for the accused to just un-ass his seat and walk out?!  If his trial wasn't considered a sham before, these sorts of shenanagins will certainly help solidify that notion.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:15:25 PM »

Actually, it's more like Saddamn is trying to upstage the court.  It's perfectly legal and with precident to remove the suspect and try him without his presence if he acts in such a way.

They should have done the same thing with Milosevich, it prevents these guys from prolonging the trials, and thus extending their lives.

After all, these men know that, in all honesty, their crimes would give them the death sentence.
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 04:25:26 PM »

They should've just dropped that grenade in the hole.

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 08:26:58 PM »

This court is a joke, and a really bad one at that.

IF this were a serious warcrimes court, why isn't it being held in the Hague court?

Once again, GWB is skirting any form of legality.  But obviously they are concerned that their hand in empowering Saddam, as well as selling him WMD, would come up if this were to be in a real court.
snorky
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 02:04:07 AM »

From what I understand, he didn't so much just walk out, but was told by the judge to leave or he would be removed from the court.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 02:42:17 AM »

I think it's fair that the Iraqi people get to put him on trial first.  If there's anything left afterwards, the international community can have their shot at him.

As far as implicating any US involved, Saddam could have more easily done that when he was still in power, and obviously being targeted by the  US he had no reason to hold back.  I don't believe he has much to impart in that area, otherwise why wait till you are in the clutches of your enemy, when you know you won't be allowed to speak freely?
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 04:50:15 AM »

<snore>  walks out AGAIN.  he did it like 3-4 times with the last Judge.  

I mean I understand we have to give these people some time. They are attempting to try a man, who was a dictator and killed thier own people for years.  So its tough.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 05:09:58 AM »

Very simple solution. Bring in a family member of someone Saddam murdered and give that person a gun. Saddam dead with time and money saved.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 06:43:22 AM »

Very simple solution. Bring in a family member of someone Saddam murdered and give that person a gun. Saddam dead with time and money saved.
So much for do process and laws then right? We mine as well start cutting people's hands off here in the states if they steal something, and bambooing those who steal cars and executing cheating wives even if we can't prove their guilty.
It'll no doubt bring crime rates to an all-time low but at the cost of sacrificing one thing this country has always upheld (until Dubya came in, anyway): trial by jury.

IMO, let Saddam have his trial. We're so damn focused on the guy who had nothing to do with 9/11 that we're forgetting all about the real terrorsit, bin laden. I've even heard Dubya loyalists say "We caught him!" mixing up saddam and osama.
Now that Bush has finally admitted the pre-war intelligence for Iraq was wrong, more people should be waking up to see this war was nothing more than a lie.

Now if you made that comment about Osama bin Laden, I'd have to agree with you.
Hussein may have been a bad guy, but how that had anything to do with us is beyond me. Bush is a bad guy too, responsible for civlian casualties, nation building, and a war based off of lies. Yet we don't see another foreign power coming over here, toppling the Bush regime for the sake of world peace, planting their troops all over our streets and telling us how to run our lives and installing their own puppet government.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 07:04:15 AM »

Quote from: "Zekester"
They should've just dropped that grenade in the hole.

I know if I'd found him in a hole somewhere in the desert I wouldn't have been able to keep myself from just shooting him. Lots.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: