http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:01:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: "Moves" you have used in your "seduction"
Have interesting conversations - 6 (50%)
Massage a workplace appropriate body part - 0 (0%)
Massage a workplace INappropriate body part - 1 (8.3%)
Send photos of body parts (farvrerere) - 1 (8.3%)
Show off your ATM balance - 1 (8.3%)
other - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Romance/Seduction in the workplace  (Read 645 times)
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-29/hurd-pursued-sex-with-contractor-jodie-fisher-while-ceo-of-hp-letter-says.html

During dinners, hotel-room visits and other meetings in cities such as Los Angeles, Atlanta, St. Louis and Madrid between 2007 and 2009, Hurd kissed and embraced Fisher, brushed his hand against her breast and attempted to initiate an affair, according to the letter sent to Hurd on June 24, 2010, by Fisher’s lawyer, Gloria Allred. Hurd, who is now a president at Oracle Corp. (ORCL), wasn’t found to have committed sexual harassment by Hewlett-Packard, and Fisher herself later said the document contained inaccuracies.

Hurd also told Fisher of plans to buy technology services company Electronic Data Systems Corp., a deal that was ultimately completed in 2008 for $13.9 billion, according to the letter. During a meeting in Madrid in March 2008, Hurd walked Fisher to an ATM and showed her his checking account balance of more than $1 million to impress her, the document said.

While there is some dispute of the accuracy of the letter... I thought some of the alleged acts were funny.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:08:06 PM by notrich » Logged
Blackadar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »

None of the above.  You don't shit where you eat.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »

When it's just me and the hot Russian accountant in the office, I'll put on some Barry White and don a smoking jacket and an ascot.  I have a small sofa in my cubicle and when she walks by I'll just sit up so my head is poking over the wall and, while lifting my drink glass up, say, "Oh, I didn't see you there.  Would you like some champagne?" ...although I'll pronounce it "sham pag nee".

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »

I've had two workplace romances.. the first one turned out to be a pyscho  icon_eek  She was fired before anything could come out.  I found out she was a pyscho afterwards...   Second  was a fwb situation and we are still friends till this day without the benefits

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:27:21 PM »

If I were to use that seduction technique--walking someone to an ATM so they can see my account balance--I wouldn't get laid.  nod icon_lol
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:48:36 PM »

That poll is frigging creepy man.

Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on December 30, 2011, 05:22:35 PM

None of the above.  You don't shit where you eat.

Very confusing/revealing.
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 06:21:49 PM »

Just married mine actually. Had to change jobs, but on the 18th I married a girl I met at the office. It began with work talk, then other random topics, then we ended up going on a date that wasn't a date. Almost 2 1/2 years later, we're married.

Generally speaking, it isn't a great idea, but it worked out for me.

Now to get a pic of her beating up a bear.....
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

Here's what I say people when I train them on sexual harassment prevention:  it's extremely risky.  

1.  Are you sure it's welcome?  Unwelcome sexual advances can, if sufficiently severe or pervasive, be actionable sexual harassment.
2.  Are you sure the person isn't a psycho and/or won't later lie about you?  Sure it was welcome at the time -- but how will you prove it later when they say it wasn't?
3.  You realize, if you get accused by someone else of workplace harassment, that it will be established that you shit where you eat?

And so on.

So what I tell my employees is this:  we don't prohibit it, but conduct yourself like a grown-up, and if it goes sour, don't come crying to me.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »

Don't do it.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on December 30, 2011, 06:46:35 PM

Don't do it.

Exactly.   

It is flirting with disaster.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on December 30, 2011, 05:27:21 PM

If I were to use that seduction technique--walking someone to an ATM so they can see my account balance--I wouldn't get laid.  nod icon_lol

Hah hah

Sadly, showing her your uber skyrim toon or the hours logged into the latest mmo doesn't work either.     slywink

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »

Fishing off the company pier doesn't have to end badly. Just choose wisely and show discretion, especially about pda.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »

I am a straight male working in tekomology, thus rendering this question invalid.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »

My wife and I met at work.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 30, 2011, 08:30:50 PM

My wife and I met at work.

Oh, Nooooos!

(Cut to: A divorce court proceeding many years from now.)

Judge: It says here you're also suing him for sexual harrasment.

leo887's soon-to-be-ex-wife: Yes, your honor. We had... sexual relations at that job place. I did start it.. and he went along with it. And, yes, I did marry him for 15 years and had 6 children with him. But.. but.. retroactively.. I feel I was taking advantage of!!..... at the coffee room.. in the supply room.. in the conference room after hours.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 11:42:13 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on December 30, 2011, 05:27:21 PM

yeah that was what i thought was funny... and to the guy that thought the poll was creepy... i didn't take alot of time to figure out funny ways to add options from the story that was linked

the story had some ludicrous allegations... so i was trying to make a poll focusing on those - wasn't expecting serious responses to be honest.  the dude was allegedly groping her, bragging about how desperately sheryl crow wants him, showing of his atm balance and bragging about multibillion dollar deals... nothing you would see in "normal" harrassment stuff (just like the farve thing was fairly unusual).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:36:02 AM by notrich » Logged
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 03:23:31 AM »

Romance in the work place is always a risky proposition.  Yes, it may work out but if it doesnt, it almost always cause issues.  It may be a simple as discomfort working with the person or a bad as costing you your job.  Ive seen several workplace relationships and probably about 80% end badly.   Add in the fact that even when they work out they can stiil cause problems at work, and its just not worth it, IMHO.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: