http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 12:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 7009 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2008, 05:30:47 AM »

Tech should leapfrog on strength of wins today.  It took OT for Bama to beat a recently ranked team.  We dismantled a Top 10 team.  Tech ... never ... punted.

If it comes down to it, Alabama is currently giving up 186 yards per game passing.  Tech could easily double that.  They're a lot better against the run, but then, heh, Tech doesn't do that much. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2008, 05:56:49 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 09, 2008, 05:30:47 AM

It took OT for Bama to beat a recently ranked team. 

Hey, we were 15.  I imagine we are out of the Top 25 now, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2008, 06:23:38 AM »

Tech should leapfrog on strength of wins today.  It took OT for Bama to beat a recently ranked team.  We dismantled a Top 10 team.  Tech ... never ... punted.

If it comes down to it, Alabama is currently giving up 186 yards per game passing.  Tech could easily double that.  They're a lot better against the run, but then, heh, Tech doesn't do that much. 

I don't believe in this style point bullshit.   Please reference 1992 to see how much it matters.

Alabama will still be #1 tomorrow.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2008, 06:28:47 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2008, 06:23:38 AM

I don't believe in this style point bullshit.   Please reference 1992 to see how much it matters.

Well, now I hope they aren't, just to piss you off.  It is certainly possible Tech could jump them.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2008, 01:34:24 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 09, 2008, 06:28:47 AM

It is certainly possible Tech could jump them.

I'll go so far as to say it isn't possible, or at best, highly unlikely. You don't go win a game on the road in the SEC against the defending national champs and lose your spot. I just don't see that happening. If style, offensive output and blowout scores were to determine who's #1, Bama wouldn't be ranked there already, IMO.

As far as you guys losing because of no semblance of a QB, don't forget we had no semblance of a kicker either. If we did, we win easily. Tiffin missed 3 relatively easy FG's.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on November 09, 2008, 01:34:24 PM

Quote from: The Grue on November 09, 2008, 06:28:47 AM

It is certainly possible Tech could jump them.

I'll go so far as to say it isn't possible, or at best, highly unlikely. You don't go win a game on the road in the SEC against the defending national champs and lose your spot. I just don't see that happening. If style, offensive output and blowout scores were to determine who's #1, Bama wouldn't be ranked there already, IMO.

As far as you guys losing because of no semblance of a QB, don't forget we had no semblance of a kicker either. If we did, we win easily. Tiffin missed 3 relatively easy FG's.

And also don't forget this:

Bama is starting only 9 scholarship seniors on this team, and 16 true freshmen.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 09, 2008, 05:56:49 AM

It took OT for Bama to beat a recently ranked team. 

Hey, we were 15.  I imagine we are out of the Top 25 now, though.

Sorry, I got the rankings confused with Tulsa.   retard

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2008, 04:34:09 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2008, 06:23:38 AM

Two of the three BCS elements are human polls.  Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »

And we are only 3 weeks removed from Texas Tech having to go into overtime against a terrible Nebraska team.    How quickly we forget.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

Yes, the pollsters do.  It's very much a "What have you done for me lately" kinda thing.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2008, 10:30:40 PM »

Alabama still #1 in all polls and the BCS.   Relief to me because I have a ticket for my wife to come with me to the Miss St game next weekend, and it's not often you get to see the #1 team in the nation play on national TV.    Should be fun!

I'm also thinking the $290 I paid for a SINGLE ALabama Auburn ticket before the season was a total bargain now.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2008, 10:30:40 PM

Alabama still #1 in all polls and the BCS.   Relief to me because I have a ticket for my wife to come with me to the Miss St game next weekend, and it's not often you get to see the #1 team in the nation play on national TV.    Should be fun!

I'm also thinking the $290 I paid for a SINGLE ALabama Auburn ticket before the season was a total bargain now.

Yeah, the wife and I are contemplating ponying up for tickets (god knows they will be ridiculous) to the SEC Championship game. Would be awesome early Christmas gifts.

As for Texas Tech, I'll take notice when they beat someone on the road, AND win in the Big 12 championship game. Every year we see some "awesome" team(s) coming up in the Big 12 to only see them fall apart in the final weeks and ultimately fail to deliver in the Big 12 championship. Year after year. Last year's teams were Mizzou and Kansas, neither ended up playing for the national title. Hell Mizzou's "can't stop" offense ended up run off the field by Georgia. There's a difference between the SEC and the other conferences, and that's one of the reasons why Bama is still number 1.  I submit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-A_national_football_championship as evidence. Specifically see where the SEC is 4-0 in the title game since the BCS was adopted.

Lastly, I am more worried about the upcoming Miss. St. game than I am about Auburn. State has trap written all over it, and Croom knows how important this game is being a Bama Alum.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:57:05 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 06:03:27 PM »

11-0.

Who would have thought it before the season began?    I believe in 'The Process'.    I <3 Nick Saban.

Btw -- it was cold as a witch's titty there last night.    We were freezing to death, but were emotionally up and loud for the game.   Next on the schedule:   Auburn who has beaten us 6 years in a row.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 16, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

11-0.

Who would have thought it before the season began?    I believe in 'The Process'.    I <3 Nick Saban.

Btw -- it was cold as a witch's titty there last night.    We were freezing to death, but were emotionally up and loud for the game.   Next on the schedule:   Auburn who has beaten us 6 years in a row.

I have a good feeling about Alabama, but the next two (Auburn and the SEC championship probably against Florida) are going to be interesting. 

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2008, 11:13:47 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on November 16, 2008, 07:19:41 PM

I have a good feeling about Alabama, but the next two (Auburn and the SEC championship probably against Florida) are going to be interesting. 

Yes, they will. Anything can happen in the Alabama-Auburn game. It's one of the biggest rivalries in college football. Alabama is strong though, very strong. Very few injuries to speak of, arguably the best offensive line in the country (including a probable #1 pick in the NFL draft), and great backs and receivers. Their defense is solid too -- but the coaching is where it's at with Bama. I feel they can beat anyone, but there are certainly no guarantees, and Florida will be a huge test, to say the least.

No matter what, we've had an incredible season, far exceeding almost everyone's expectations. I'm very proud of them!
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2008, 11:40:49 PM »

you keep rooting for your "Good" teams... While I will continue to root for Buffalo...

This weeks update:

Buffalo beat Akron 43-40 in the fourth overtime.

The Win:
- Improved Buffalo to 6-4 on the season and made them bowl eligible for the first time since moving up to Division I-A football in 1999. A win at Bowling Green next Friday would clinch Buffalo's first outright MAC East title. The win was UB's fourth straight victory, the first time it has won four in a row since the 1996 season.
- Was the longest game (four overtimes) in school history.
- Moved Buffalo to 4-2 in the MAC and in sole possession of the Mid-American Conference East Division.
- Was the most points the Bulls have ever scored in a MAC road game.
- Moved Buffalo from 72 to 67 in the cbs sportsline top 120.

The 4 losses:
Pitt, Missouri, Central and Western Michigan.
Combined Record of teams lost to: 33-4
None are ranked lower than 37

Games Left:
At Bowling Green
Kent State

They should win both games and end up 8-4 before the Mac Championship game against... my guess is Ball State...

I assume if they win that they'll get a nice shiney bowl game and a much better recruiting class.

So my prediction of them early this season:

Quote from: Semaj on August 30, 2008, 05:02:57 PM

Lets go Buffalo(bulls, not bills)!

Start of season - 92 on the CBS 120....
End of season prediction: 40's to 50's smile

Might be right,... but they might make an even bigger jump up if they beat Ball state...But i doubt it, no respect in that conference smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: