http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 10:13:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6840 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 04:42:41 AM »

Domination!!!   Roll Tide baby!

I can't wait for next Saturday -- I'll be there with the wife in Tuscaloosa watching our home opener.     RTR!!!!!!!!!!!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:02:09 AM »

Yeah!  Doin' laundry!  Spin cycle!  Domination!  Wooo!!!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:48:11 AM »

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:10:07 AM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 03:44:12 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 31, 2008, 04:42:41 AM

I can't wait for next Saturday -- I'll be there with the wife in Tuscaloosa watching our home opener.     RTR!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the part where I need to pull the rest of Bama Nation aside and remind them that the ACC blows this year. Yeah, the Tide rolled Clemson right outta Atlanta, and as a card carrying Bama fan I was excited as hell, but I am also cautiously optimistic too, we've gotten off to great starts before only to fall apart, hell last year some retards were thinking we'd go undefeated and look how that ended up.

So, great win, good to see the young team come out swinging, and I hope they can keep it up.

If Bama ends up back in the Kickoff special again next year against Va Tech like they're talking about, I will buy tickets for sure. Too many of my friends are Tech fans and I would love to be there when Bama rolls em.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on August 31, 2008, 03:44:12 PM

Quote from: msduncan on August 31, 2008, 04:42:41 AM

This is the part where I need to pull the rest of Bama Nation aside and remind them that the ACC blows this year. Yeah, the Tide rolled Clemson right outta Atlanta, and as a card carrying Bama fan I was excited as hell, but I am also cautiously optimistic too, we've gotten off to great starts before only to fall apart, hell last year some retards were thinking we'd go undefeated and look how that ended up.

So, great win, good to see the young team come out swinging, and I hope they can keep it up.

If Bama ends up back in the Kickoff special again next year against Va Tech like they're talking about, I will buy tickets for sure. Too many of my friends are Tech fans and I would love to be there when Bama rolls em.

Think like a champion Tebunker!    And here is something to fire you up:

Tradition
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 02:41:10 AM »

Bama makes cover of Sports Illustrated again.

Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 06:04:11 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 03, 2008, 02:41:10 AM

So what you're saying is that SI just jinxed Bama?

I'll keep that in mind as a good excuse if they lose to Tulane.   icon_lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 06:06:02 AM by Sarkus » Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 10:58:42 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on September 03, 2008, 06:04:11 AM

Quote from: msduncan on September 03, 2008, 02:41:10 AM

So what you're saying is that SI just jinxed Bama?

I'll keep that in mind as a good excuse if they lose to Tulane.   icon_lol

Tulane will be a true test for what this team is made of.    Coming off a big win, it might be easy for them to dial it down a notch.   If instead they come in and play just as aggressive and physical with Tulane, we might have something special.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 12:46:17 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on September 03, 2008, 10:58:42 AM

Tulane will be a true test for what this team is made of.    Coming off a big win, it might be easy for them to dial it down a notch.   If instead they come in and play just as aggressive and physical with Tulane, we might have something special.

No sentence should ever start off, "Tulane will be a true test for what this team is made of..."  And now, as an LSU fan, I must do the following:

Roll Tide Roll!  Around the bowl and down the hole!  Roll Tide Roll!

Sorry...it's in my genes.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 03, 2008, 12:46:17 PM

No sentence should ever start off, "Tulane will be a true test for what this team is made of..."  And now, as an LSU fan, I must do the following:

Roll Tide Roll!  Around the bowl and down the hole!  Roll Tide Roll!

Sorry...it's in my genes.

It's okay, we can't even post what we say about LSU. Heck, I think Tide fans are down right polite to the "Geaux Tigers" when compared to how we treat Tennessee. Man I love making up my own lyrics to Rocky Top, god I really don't like Tennessee...

I maintain my cautious optimism regarding Bama. We have the makings of a great team, and I really need them to be sharp these next couple of weeks and I will feel better. Last couple of years have shown the Tide to stumble against opponents of a lesser stature, so they need to be tight, efficient and ruthless.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »

Buffalo could take em...   right after we crush pitt this week  ninja

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »

While Toledo doesn't have the same horses, he has come into Alabama and won on the road before.  They also gave LSU a pretty tough game last year, especially in the first half.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:37 AM »

ROLL DIET!!!!

Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

Where the heck is msduncan??

Bama just jumped to #2 in the nation!

Roll Tide Roll!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 10:10:48 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on September 28, 2008, 09:48:35 PM

he probably drove to Atlanta and got stuck because they have no gas  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »

Roll Tide Roll!

With the way the top 10 teams fared this week, I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

I'll take my team's #15 ranking (with a game against giant-killers Oregon State this Thursday night), thank you very much.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »

That was an amazing win.  I honestly would have them #1 over Oklahoma at this point.

gellar
mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 11:32:22 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 28, 2008, 10:12:36 PM

Roll Tide Roll!

With the way the top 10 teams fared this week, I'm not so sure that's a good thing.

I'll take my team's #15 ranking (with a game against giant-killers Oregon State this Thursday night), thank you very much.  smile

Penn St. beat them by 31 points. But then again the Big 10 is overrated.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 01:15:51 AM »

What a weekend!    1993 is the last time Bama was ranked higher than #3.    One of my favorite headlines of the day: No Funeral, Just a Rebirth.

As the Alabama strength coach famously predicted during practice last week, the blackout was a bleepin' funeral for Georgia, which lost 41-30. In fact, the blackout was a blowout until two late embalming-fluid touchdowns by the overwhelmed home team. Rest in pieces, Bulldogs.

But in classic circle-of-life form, this upset romp wasn't just an interment. It also was a rebirth for the Crimson Tide as a full-on title contender. In near-record time.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:11 PM »

Curious - I did not know that Alabama has never had a Heisman winner.  Saw that in an article the other day, and I never would have expected it.  Regardless, I currently have Alabama and LSU as the top two teams in the land.

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 11:33:07 PM »

Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you,
Hit your stride.
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave.
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame!
For Bama's pluck and grit have
Writ her name in Crimson flame.
Fight on, fight on, fight on men!
Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then.
So roll on to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride,
Crimson Tide, Roll Tide, Roll Tide!

My Little brother is a UGA fan, I took him out to eat at a sports bar Saturday, and my voice got hoarse from singing this so much. I even stood up in my seat several times to sing it. I got a lot of stares, but it was worth every minute of embarrassment on my brother's face. Best thing was that my wife jumped in on the ragging too.

When I was a pledge I had to sing that whole song in perfect rhythm with an upside down match in my fingers. Man even though I wished my financial aid hadn't run out at Bama; I am glad I met my wife at my Alma Mater VCU.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:38:13 PM by Tebunker » Logged

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 02:48:03 AM »

And here I was hoping this would be about laundry....

Pshah, the tide suck... Buffalo for the win... At least my team isnt chocked full of bandwagoners smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on October 02, 2008, 02:48:03 AM

Pshah, the tide suck... Buffalo for the win... At least my team isnt chocked full of bandwagoners smile

Whoa there!!!   I'm no bandwagoner.    I became a fan in 2nd grade when I first became aware of football.     I have suffered through the last decade of woes with Alabama and proudly have almost no non-Bama casual wear.   Even in the off season. 

Finally I may be able to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 02:03:07 PM »

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Saban will be gone in 2 years.

He is a damn good college coach though.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 02, 2008, 01:55:10 PM

Whoa there!!!   I'm no bandwagoner.    I became a fan in 2nd grade when I first became aware of football.     I have suffered through the last decade of woes with Alabama and proudly have almost no non-Bama casual wear.   Even in the off season. 

I was going to respond to semaj myself, but I figured it was a waste of time. He apparently has no idea how Alabama football and it's fans work. There are no 'bandwagoners' in Alabama. In Alabama, you are born either a Bama fan, or an Auburn fan, and you bleed either crimson & white, or orange & blue from birth till death, regardless of the suckitude of your team.

Auburn fans haven't won a national championship since 1957, but they are still rabid, they still fill their stadium, and they don't suddenly jump sides when Bama is doing better. Same for Tide fans, we don't root for Auburn (sacrilege!) when they are undefeated and we're going 4-6.

semaj, I know you were probably kidding, but who were the bandwagoners you were referring to?
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 02, 2008, 02:41:05 PM

Quote from: msduncan on October 02, 2008, 01:55:10 PM

I was going to respond to semaj myself, but I figured it was a waste of time. He apparently has no idea how Alabama football and it's fans work. There are no 'bandwagoners' in Alabama. In Alabama, you are born either a Bama fan, or an Auburn fan, and you bleed either crimson & white, or orange & blue from birth till death, regardless of the suckitude of your team.

Auburn fans haven't won a national championship since 1957, but they are still rabid, they still fill their stadium, and they don't suddenly jump sides when Bama is doing better. Same for Tide fans, we don't root for Auburn (sacrilege!) when they are undefeated and we're going 4-6.

semaj, I know you were probably kidding, but who were the bandwagoners you were referring to?

I've had a bamma shirt for like 20 years... At the minimum... I still own... and wear on occasion.  Used to use to for football and whatnot.  But thats not what I mean... 

Alabama actually wins games every year, unlike Buffalo who was one of the worst teams in division 1 for years.  If you are going to root for a football team, you have to root for the one you went to college at or one could argue you bandwagon from time to time smile

Unless of course you went to college at a place because their football team was good...LOL

I don't really think he is a bandwagon fan, but in comparison, rooting for any team inside the top 50 might be considered band wagoning in some way... You get bowl games and are probably in a tough conference where more than 1 team makes a bowl game every year.  And you might have other sports that dont suck at that college...

That being said, every year any team in the top ten of 20 gets a "couple" new fans.  Like when Rutgers had that huge season a few years back...  But yeah, I was just busting his cajones.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »

Quote from: mori on September 28, 2008, 11:32:22 PM

Quote from: Gratch on September 28, 2008, 10:12:36 PM

Roll Tide Roll!

Penn St. beat them by 31 points. But then again the Big 10 is overrated.

From what I can tell, OSU plays great at home and shitty on the road.  Which is why I'm glad they're at our place, 'cause it's gonna be a mad house tonight.  I also think they got way up against a USC team that was probably overlooking them.   I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen this time.  Besides, we owe these bastards some payback after they nearly destroyed our season last year (took our our RB for the year and our QB for 6 weeks, both in the first game).

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 11:41:56 PM »

I've been a Bama fan since 1992, I was sold by that National Title team, and it was locked in when I found out my favorite football player, Derrick Thomas starred there. When I hit my junior year in high school we had to write off to 3 schools for info to apply and Bama was first on my list, I actually was accepted prior to my Senior Year in high school, and I was sold. I love the Tide, and now my wife does, and my kids will too(i hope  nod)

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on October 02, 2008, 11:41:56 PM

I've been a Bama fan since 1992, I was sold by that National Title team, and it was locked in when I found out my favorite football player, Derrick Thomas starred there. When I hit my junior year in high school we had to write off to 3 schools for info to apply and Bama was first on my list, I actually was accepted prior to my Senior Year in high school, and I was sold. I love the Tide, and now my wife does, and my kids will too(i hope  nod)

Ahh, Derrick Thomas - what memories! Dude had 27 sacks his senior season. Yeah, not for his 4 year career there, his senior season. He of course went on to set the NFL single-game sack record too, with 7 in one game.

My Bama history goes back to childhood. I was born in Birmingham, and my dad was taking me to Bama games starting in '72. As I got into Jr High, i started selling programs at the Bama games at Legion Field. If you sold a box, you got $5, and you got to get into the game free. You could either keep selling more boxes, or you could go straight in and watch them warmup. I would sell my box and run into the stadium. I once met Bear Bryant and got his autobiography signed by him.

I attended UA in '84-'85 (sadly didn't finish) and was there for every single home game of our first losing season since the 1950's. The infamous Ray Perkins had taken the helm. (I remember a moving van being parked at his house by some disgruntled fans).

1992 was by far my most memorable season. My dad & I went to every single game, home & road. And he got us two tickets to the Sugar Bowl, where we faced a heavily favored, trash-talking Miami Hurricanes team which had won 29 straight games. I was there, and it was one of the highlights of my life watching Bama beat the living shit out of Miami that night. Not just for the sweet victory, but it capped off an incredible season that I was able to share with my dad just before he passed away of a brain aneurysm a little over a year later.

One of the biggest trash talkers the week before the game was Miami's WR Lamar Thomas. In the game, Thomas became victim of one of the most amazing defensive plays you will ever witness. Amongst Alabama fans, this instance became known as simply 'The Play'.

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx1AZSeCkkM

Watch the gap that Thomas has on George Teague after the catch, then watch what Teague does. Astounding. Gives me chills to watch it again. And it puts tears in my eyes, because it reminds me of never being closer with my dad. We were bloody hoarse from yelling at that point!

Of those 11 defensive starters, 4 of them went in the first round of the 1993 NFL Draft.
Lassr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 03:59:52 AM »

Quote from: Pyperkub on October 01, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Curious - I did not know that Alabama has never had a Heisman winner.  Saw that in an article the other day, and I never would have expected it.  Regardless, I currently have Alabama and LSU as the top two teams in the land.

Bear Bryant did not believe in the Heisman trophy. It was a team sport so all the great players at Bama were never pushed for a Heisman.

Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 06:28:17 AM »

Holy shit, that may be the best football game I've ever attended.  Down 8 with 2:13 to go, we pull out a 3 point victory on a FG with no time remaining.  My voice is shot, my palms are still tingling from so much clapping, my back is killing me from standing for 3 hours...and I could not be happier.  Fucking unbelievable game.

Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »

Quote from: Lassr on October 03, 2008, 03:59:52 AM

Quote from: Pyperkub on October 01, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Bear Bryant did not believe in the Heisman trophy. It was a team sport so all the great players at Bama were never pushed for a Heisman.

Roll Tide!

I did not know that.   Hmmmm - you learn something new every day...

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 03:33:49 AM »

Well tomorrow is another home game, and my wife and I will leave tomorrow a.m. at 9 to drive over to attend.    Here is hoping we avoid the letdown after the UGA beating.    Roll Tide!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 03:06:19 AM »

Whew!   That was a CLOSE one.     The team looks flat out tired.   Thank goodness we now have a bye week to rest.    Half way through the season, and we're 6-0.   I'll take it.

Oh.. and Auburn lost!   WOOT!
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 10:39:37 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 03, 2008, 06:28:17 AM

Holy shit, that may be the best football game I've ever attended.  Down 8 with 2:13 to go, we pull out a 3 point victory on a FG with no time remaining.  My voice is shot, my palms are still tingling from so much clapping, my back is killing me from standing for 3 hours...and I could not be happier.  Fucking unbelievable game.

500 bucks says the game would have sucked if you had lost right at the end.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 02:10:42 AM »

Quote from: Semaj on October 05, 2008, 10:39:37 PM

Quote from: Gratch on October 03, 2008, 06:28:17 AM

500 bucks says the game would have sucked if you had lost right at the end.

Well, duh.  slywink

Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 11:28:19 PM »

The first thing I thought of when someone said '92 Bama is that freaking play by George Teague.  Could be one of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen in a college football game.  Of course, he's also involved prominently with the greatest play ever involving Terrell Owens.  icon_lol

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »

#1 ?   icon_eek
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 11, 2008, 09:21:25 PM

#1 ?   icon_eek

One would assume so, at least until they lose to Ole Miss at home next week.   Tongue

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2008, 12:17:04 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on October 11, 2008, 09:30:43 PM

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 11, 2008, 09:21:25 PM

#1 ?   icon_eek

One would assume so, at least until they lose to Ole Miss at home next week.   Tongue

I'm not so sure Alabama will take the top spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Texas or Missouri vault ahead to #1.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: