http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 08:33:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Damageinc =(  (Read 5466 times)
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

I don't think I ever heard, but does anyone know why he passed away?  (If I'm bringing up some taboo, just say so and I'll let it be.)  I really enjoyed playing games online with Dave and thought of him when I thought of a good friend (since middle school) who passed in November due to ALS complications.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 06:20:33 PM »

two days ago I found some correspondence from him in a drawer.  still can't bring myself to play Peggle without him.
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:33 PM »

I can't say for certain how he passed, but I know his dad also passed away early in life as well.  The prevailing theory is that it is something hereditary.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2012, 07:06:35 AM »

At the risk of bringing up a sad topic and so late... I just discovered Kato's "board game" thread and the mention of the loss of DamageInc.  Though I don't play multi-player much, I have felt all the good qualities the rest of you mentioned just by having read his posts here... he was one of my favorite members.

I feel bad that I suffer from mmo addiction and thus had drifted away from GT for too long and missed the original announcement.  I'm still addicted, but in tribute to him, I will try extremely hard to not drift away again.  The people in this family are much too important for that, and I know the fault is mine for having been drawn away for so long.

I hope you get this message, D-Inc and will forgive me.  Rest well, as I'm sure you are in a well-deserved Good Place now - tears and regret belong only to the "left behind" - and I'm shedding them now for our loss of you...

tear

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2012, 10:32:07 AM »

I can pretty much guarantee he'd understand anything to do with gaming and addiction slywink

I can honestly say I miss him every day.  I'm always amazed how strong a bond you can have with someone even if most of your interaction is online.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »

I got a stinging reminder the other day - I received a game for review called "Damage, Inc."    tear

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2012, 12:36:46 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on August 10, 2012, 11:55:01 PM

I got a stinging reminder the other day - I received a game for review called "Damage, Inc."    tear

yeah, I saw that one available. (on a side note I was tempted to spend money I didn't have on it just for the box and that joystick/throttle)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: