http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 10:05:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP Damageinc =(  (Read 5427 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 11:54:16 PM »

i am sorry to hear about this

R.I.P Damage  icon_frown

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 12:21:55 AM »

Played with him on xbox live - always polite and good humor.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »

icon_cry
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 01:21:08 AM »

Man, so sorry to hear about this too.  I played with him on Live also.

I will keep his family/friends in my prayers during this tough time.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2010, 05:59:25 AM »

so sad, my deepest sympathies for the family and those left behind.

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 07:24:55 AM »

frown I remember playing some XBL games with him a long time ago.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 09:24:52 AM »

What a kick in the balls... I enjoyed your contributions here and playing Bad Company 2 with you. 

You'll be missed around here buddy.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2010, 11:29:00 AM »

Sad news.  icon_cry  RIP DamageInc

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »

RIP

"Goonies never say die"
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »

What the hell... way too young.  We'll miss you.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »

I found out about this this morning.  I'm absolutely in shock.  I've been trying to reach him for a few days now, but this is beyond anything I could have imagined.  I worked with Dave for several years and he was a close friend.  Some of you got to meet him at Rock Band parties at my place and know what a great person he was.  I will miss him very much - he was a good friend.   icon_cry

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2010, 04:09:37 PM »

icon_eek

Just a day or two ago Hark sent me a message on Live to see if I had heard from Damage.  To be honest, outside of parties at Ron's or our own Rock Band party back when Kato first returned from the Middle East I only got to spend time with Dave in person a handful of times, but we also gamed together online as well, and he was always wonderfully social and openly friendly to anyone he met, and on more than one occasion my wife commented that "I really like that guy"  She'll be as shocked as I was to learn this morning that we lost someone from the GT family and from the local GT population here in AZ.   

icon_cry

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »

Do we have any word on what happened?
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »

Sad to hear. RIP Damage.

Ale
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2010, 11:11:17 PM »

Quote from: Crux on July 05, 2010, 06:48:20 PM

The ending of the obit makes me think ominous things (and I hope it's just personal baggage coloring my interpretation).  I'm very sorry for all you who knew him personally.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:39 PM »

So sorry to hear about this.  He will be missed.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 01:53:37 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on July 05, 2010, 11:24:39 PM

So sorry to hear about this.  He will be missed.

Sentiment echoed... 

I read this earlier today and have not been able to shake the haunting sadness of losing someone I didn't know well, but always felt a kind of distant camaraderie with.  He joined the Wanderers a couple of years ago in Warhammer and I got to game with him then.  Always seemed like the nicest of guys and a terrific guildmate... 
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2010, 02:14:16 AM »

I feel that the best way to pay tribute to someone is to tell stories that represent their character.

Dave was a technician that I (and Knightshade) used to evaluate. He moved up quickly to management, as I went the technical route. So he became my supervisor. We had an overbearing, practically soulless manager that had been dangling a carrot in front of me for several years (technical training, Cisco CCNA). I knew she would never keep her word, and yet I had no choice but to try. When I moved to Dave's team, she was still trying to get me fired (I had listed her as the reason for making a move that was less than lateral). Dave fought for me, made a deal that he felt was fair, and got me the training.

The odd part was, the deal involved meeting certain metrics for dealing with customer calls. I had just rewritten the criteria myself before moving onto his team. I thought I was getting off too easy, but it was something that he knew he could push through management. That jump started my career (I am now essentially the primary Cisco Engineer for my company).  Without his help, I might have left the company and gone on aimlessly to another random job. I don't think I can ever truly convey how much that changed my life: I know that this caused endless political grief for him, but it was something that I can never repay to him. I can only hope that my actions since that day have helped me earn such a kindness that he did simply because he felt it was the right thing to do.

I smoked my first cigar with Dave, as we went to a party for a mutual friend. The cigar was kinda disgusting, but it was a good memory. I gamed with him on and off, but we had different preferences, and thus we didn't play that often. When we did, it was usually Battlefield, and I was usually the dead one.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 03:11:33 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on July 05, 2010, 11:11:17 PM

The ending of the obit makes me think ominous things (and I hope it's just personal baggage coloring my interpretation).  I'm very sorry for all you who knew him personally.

I read that part too, and I hope it was just that the obit was focusing on the loss rather than the event of his death. I didn't know him well enough to feel I'm entitled to an explanation - I'm just sad that a giving and friendly part of our GT family isn't here to continue on with us.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 03:41:28 AM »

Wow, that's crappy news.  RIP Damage.

pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 04:06:05 AM »

Wow really sad news RIP Dave. crybaby

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 06, 2010, 03:11:33 AM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on July 05, 2010, 11:11:17 PM

I read that part too, and I hope it was just that the obit was focusing on the loss rather than the event of his death. I didn't know him well enough to feel I'm entitled to an explanation - I'm just sad that a giving and friendly part of our GT family isn't here to continue on with us.

his father's obit had the same wording at the end, I think it's not related to the how in any way.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »

RIP Dave. Thanks for your contributions here. You will be missed. frown

Jason
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on July 06, 2010, 02:14:16 AM

I feel that the best way to pay tribute to someone is to tell stories that represent their character.

Dave was a technician that I (and Knightshade) used to evaluate. He moved up quickly to management, as I went the technical route. So he became my supervisor. We had an overbearing, practically soulless manager that had been dangling a carrot in front of me for several years (technical training, Cisco CCNA). I knew she would never keep her word, and yet I had no choice but to try. When I moved to Dave's team, she was still trying to get me fired (I had listed her as the reason for making a move that was less than lateral). Dave fought for me, made a deal that he felt was fair, and got me the training.

The odd part was, the deal involved meeting certain metrics for dealing with customer calls. I had just rewritten the criteria myself before moving onto his team. I thought I was getting off too easy, but it was something that he knew he could push through management. That jump started my career (I am now essentially the primary Cisco Engineer for my company).  Without his help, I might have left the company and gone on aimlessly to another random job. I don't think I can ever truly convey how much that changed my life: I know that this caused endless political grief for him, but it was something that I can never repay to him. I can only hope that my actions since that day have helped me earn such a kindness that he did simply because he felt it was the right thing to do.

I smoked my first cigar with Dave, as we went to a party for a mutual friend. The cigar was kinda disgusting, but it was a good memory. I gamed with him on and off, but we had different preferences, and thus we didn't play that often. When we did, it was usually Battlefield, and I was usually the dead one.

What a wonderful tribute!! I admittedly don't know the guy beyond recognizing the name but that was really touching-thank you.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

Really sad news.

No more referring people over to Damageincs' in-depth and informative posts on some core games frown
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »

I have nothing but fond memories of Damage.  He still rests on my friend\'s list.  I doubt I will ever remove him from that list myself.  He deserves to continue holding that spot.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 05:09:14 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2010, 05:17:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 06, 2010, 05:04:01 PM

I have nothing but fond memories of Damage.  He still rests on my friend\'s list.  I doubt I will ever remove him from that list myself.  He deserves to continue holding that spot.

I'm at 98 people on mine, and I feel the same way. (I sent him a PM in case, somehow, he still gets notifications frown)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on July 06, 2010, 02:17:17 PM

What a wonderful tribute!! I admittedly don't know the guy beyond recognizing the name but that was really touching-thank you.

Same.  RIP.  Oh  I did love his avatar.  One of my favorite of all time.... frown

morlac00 on PSN
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »

I am the mutual friend, and I believe that event was at my birthday party; I still buy Cohiba cigars on occasion, and every time I do, I think of him.  Dave was also my supervisor for a while during the storm that ultimately ended in me getting the boot from the aforementioned company that employs Einsteinium here.  Long story short, he fought for me during a proverbial witch hunt to get me sacked.  When he walked me to my car to get my parking pass, he practically cried because he knew the entire thing was bull.  He apologized, over and over again, reminding me that it was only one person (female listed above) who wanted me gone.  Everyone else thought I got a raw deal.  I played NWN2 and Battlefield 1942 (Desert Combat!!) with Dave, and I have seen him laugh so hard tears ran down his face and he literally could not stand up straight.

Oh, and his Cliff Claven (from Cheers) impression was the absolute best.  Thanks for being there for me Dave; you will definitely be missed.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »

Quote from: Purge on July 06, 2010, 05:17:28 PM

I have nothing but fond memories of Damage.  He still rests on my friend\'s list.  I doubt I will ever remove him from that list myself.  He deserves to continue holding that spot.

I'm at 98 people on mine, and I feel the same way. (I sent him a PM in case, somehow, he still gets notifications frown)

when i read this the other day, i actually viewed his avatar for a while as it played with the little warthog.  i won't be removing him from my list either.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »

Oiy, I was bumming through my friends list last night and asked Kato what had happened since he hadn't been on in so many days.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I played quite a bit online with Damage and echo Romans sentiments. Very polite, good natured kinda guy.

I'll keep his family and friends in my prayers. RIP.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2010, 01:18:24 AM »

So so sad frown Rip

Scott
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2010, 02:16:40 AM »

Quote from: Caine on July 07, 2010, 04:29:23 PM

Quote from: Purge on July 06, 2010, 05:17:28 PM

when i read this the other day, i actually viewed his avatar for a while as it played with the little warthog.  i won't be removing him from my list either.

Same here.  He was one of the first people I played online with when I got my 360 and I also remember a few trades from a long while back.  Awesome guy.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »

I only knew him as DamageInc from his posts here, but I'm sad to hear of the loss of a GT member.  From words written by those who worked with him, knew him personally, or gamed with him online, it sounds like David was a great person. It's always sad when you hear of someone passing on well before their senior years. RIP DamageInc and may you game on in the afterlife.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2010, 11:46:05 PM »

RIP frown

Though I didn't know him in person you would always be happy when you got to interact with him. Whenever he came on xbox live you'd have an internal little smile knowing that he'd be a blast to play with and from now on I don't think playing with the GT crew will be nearly as good without him, he'll be missed deeply. We had some fun together and I hope someday we can all do it again.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »

I'm floored...  Still mulling this over.  Will have more to say in a bit.

Just...wow.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2010, 12:30:11 AM »

SOB; I haven't really been in this subforum much the last week or so and didn't see this thread until now.

icon_frown

My best wishes to all those who knew him personally and will miss him far more than I can understand. I only knew him from the boards here and some rare online multiplayer, but it still saddens me that he is gone. Way, way too young.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2010, 01:36:20 AM »

Just checked his profile on my xbox live friends list and his little avata quote says: Visit GamingTrend.com.

Kinda nice to see that - made me think back to this thread again.   

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »

Thought about Dave this morning while working on-call. He's on my friends list and I was perusing it while I waited for server restarts.

Warpig and Einsteiniums posts are a beautiful tribute.

DamageInc - you're not forgotten.

WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 02:27:16 PM »

I was going through my gmail box and found a bunch of correspondence regarding setting up our regular Neverwinter Nights 2  cco-op game. I'm not deleting them.

Tapatalk! How does it work??

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: