http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 08:19:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Resident Evil: Apocalypse?!?  (Read 1400 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2004, 05:29:13 AM »

I just happened to be channel-flipping (a total rarity nowadays, as I never watch TV), and I happened upon a movie commercial for Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

Now, if I remember correctly, wasn't the original Resident Evil basically one of the crappiest movies of 2002? While I never saw the movie in theaters, I did happen to come across about 15 minutes worth on the Sci-Fi channel.

Talk about a bad film.

It wasn't Manos: The Hands of Fate bad, but...wow. Talk about a campy B movie. Actually, that's putting it nicely - it was a horrid film.

I want my 15 minutes of my life back. smile

Now, to get back to my topic - WHO greenlighted the sequel to this horrid film? The original didn't do well in theaters, did it?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 11:52:57 AM »

Whaaaaaa? For the record, I actually liked the original Resident Evil movie. True, it wasn't a certified masterpiece, but I enjoyed watching it.

Now, er, I'm not sure just how big a reason Milla Jovovich was for that like, but um... nevertheless!

So yeah, I'll be seeing Resident Evil 2, no doubt about that. At least its trailer looks miles better than Alone in the Dark's, which I'm still trying to recover from.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 02:24:02 PM »

It's good dumb fun.

I enjoyed the first movie too despite it's obvious and glaring flaws.

The second looks to be more disappointing though. In the full preview we saw in the theatre before AvP they showed her running down the side of a building. R U N N I N G.

And not like a small building.. like wall of glass windows skyscraper type building, and it's exploding from the top down of course.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 03:30:52 PM »

For the record, nothing can beat the MST3King of Manos: Hands of Fate for sheer entertainment hilarity.

"Hey, is someone making a bad movie out here?"

"Do something!"

The Torgo theme

"You know he's a villain because he's got really big knees."

biggrin

This one looks like a lot of fun. The first one did have its moments, despite a whole lot of stupid, but the sequel looks like it knows it's a crap movie and just runs with that. I can respect that.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 09:19:16 PM »

I thought RE was a decent enough movie.  Much better than I expected anyways.  The jelly covered dogs were a little weak though.

For the record, nothing can beat the MST3King of Manos: Hands of Fate for sheer entertainment hilarity.

My favorite MST3K movie.  I think what makes it the best is that it is so unbelievably bad.  

-Any scene with Torgo is golden.
-The Torgo pizza deliver skit is one of the funniest things in existence.[/i]

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: