http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:44:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember punks - 24 starts tonight!  (Read 1260 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »

Two hours tonight and two hours tomorrow night.

Wooooo!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 10:38:47 PM »

I can't wait!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »

Anyone DVRing/recording to watch later- check your recordings.  Football ran late so 24 will go past 10pm.

Just watched the first 10 minutes (will have to wait until tomorrow for the rest)- wow thumbsup
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 02:06:43 AM »

GRAVITAS!!!!!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 03:23:21 AM »

Holy smokes that was great!

I want to talk about it but I'll wait till tomorrow after the next two episodes and then we'll go full-on spoilers.

I will say this - they weren't kidding about the first several minutes!  Wowza!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »

Damn can't believe I missed it! I thought Jack was supposed to be "dead"? As in he can't ever show up again because of his attack on the Chinese embassy.. but of course, we all knew he'd be back anyway. Curious how they re-introduced him to the show again if they are still staying true with the last season.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 08:05:21 PM »

His being "dead" is a major plot point in the first two (and presumably several to come) hours.  They'll recap it prior to tonight's episodes but I can also tell you what happened if you want.
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 02:29:28 AM »

Fook! Missed it. When is the premier going to aired again?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:50:26 AM »

Wow, the best four hours(in two nights!) of tv since I don't know when.  Thanks Fox!

I'm really liking this season, possibly best of all 24 seasons including the first.  I've been thinking about it and it think it's the lineup of characters.  This is a perfect mix, imo.

Logan- selfabsorbed but showing growth from last year.  Last year he was the buffoon, then he had his trial by fire.   Now he has all the weaselly traits of last year, but I can see he has learned something(in his own way) about being a leader.  I don't like him but I like the character being on the show, if that makes sense.

I don't want to get into each one but I feel they all have something to contribute, now and in the future.  Even the punkass kid served a purpose and got out of the way, thank you very much.

Now for some Chloe hotness:
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 07:28:42 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
Logan- selfabsorbed but showing growth from last year.  Last year he was the buffoon, then he had his trial by fire.   Now he has all the weaselly traits of last year, but I can see he has learned something(in his own way) about being a leader.  I don't like him but I like the character being on the show, if that makes sense.

I like Logan a lot (well, not really like, but you get the drift).  He's a guy who has been to too many leadership seminars preaching "its better to make a bad decision than no decision at all".  His idea of strong leadership is to constantly take the hardline "don't tell me the facts, just get it done!"  I've met more than my fairshare of poor leaders who take this tactic and think they are are projecting strength and competance when the answer is anything but.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 07:42:48 AM »

Manny Coto (who vastly improved Star Trek : Enterprise in its last season) is one of the new exec. producers and wrote the first hour of tonight's show, which is a good thing.  It usually takes the season a little while to get going, but everything seems to be clicking into place already this season.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 07:52:09 AM »

I think this is some of the smartest, tightest writing for this show to date.  One of the things I really like about it so far is theat they seem to be taking some of the more tiresome tropes of the last few lackluster seasons and setting them up so you think it'll be more of the same, and then they turn it on it's ear and do something much cooler and unexpected. (examples:  crazy schizo woman as filler plot-line in past seasons becomes seemingly crazy  yet possibly even cunning woman who actually has a part in the plot this season, setting up Sean Astin as the sterotypical ass from the head office who comes in to muck everything up yet actually saves the day and makes logical decisions for one of his office, putting the mole in the president's camp instead of CTU, etc.)

I was damn impressed with the show so far, and I really wasn't expecting much.  I'm hooked worse than I was 1st season now.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 12:22:40 PM »

It's going to be hard waiting until next Monday.  I was getting used to the 2 hours a night format!

I agree Coto's hand is all over this.  I remembered seeing his name in the credits and immediately feeling excited because I'd heard of him for quite some time.  After the opening moments when they started killing off the characters it was clear they were going to mess with us this season and that was fine with me.

Some highlights:

No Palmer.  I liked the character but it's good to see him go.
Jack is as bad as ever.
Edgar seems to be in the background more.  He's such an annoying little shit.  If he can't get killed then I'm glad to see less of him.
I actually like Chloe this season.
I thought they handled Jack's being "dead" really well.
The hobbit saves the day.  Nicely done.
No Kim.  While she's lovely - she adds nothing to the show.

I'm more excited about this season than any since the first two.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2006, 12:58:58 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

I agree Coto's hand is all over this. I remembered seeing his name in the credits and immediately feeling excited because I'd heard of him for quite some time. After the opening moments when they started killing off the characters it was clear they were going to mess with us this season and that was fine with me.

Coto's name in the credits was a welcome surprise to me but I'm equally happy about David Fury being onboard.  He did some great stuff for Buffy, Angel, and Lost.  

24 has the best creative team in television this season IMO so I'm expecting big things.  Based on the first four hours it looks they might just deliver.
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2006, 06:17:15 PM »

I thought the show rocked, and I have always liked 24.

I hate Jack's daughter, I was always hoping that she would die.  So far she is not in this season which is nice.

I can't stand the blatant incompetence of the new president in the show.

One thing nobody would ever expect -- if Jack got killed off.

The true wizadry would be if they could kill off Jack, and still make the show work.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 06:54:51 PM »

Fantastic four hours of TV!  It lived up to my high expectations, but I wasn't too worried with the new people on board this season.  20 more hours to go!
Quote from: "DamageInc"

I hate Jack's daughter, I was always hoping that she would die.  So far she is not in this season which is nice.

I heard that she is coming back in some capacity this season.  Hopefully the creative team can weave a halfway interesting story thread for her this time around.  No cougars!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 07:42:57 PM »

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »

Quote from: "DamageInc"
The true wizadry would be if they could kill off Jack, and still make the show work.

At one point last season just after Tony was reintroduced I thought they might kill off Jack and have Tony carry the rest of the season.

The recent EW cover story alluded to the idea that at some point they will probably have to consider doing the series with a new cast but they also seemed to hint that Jack might make the transition to the big screen (120 maybe?) so who knows it Jack will ever bite it?
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2006, 01:36:12 AM »

I am soooo late to this show.  I remember when season one aired and I didn't pickup on the show because I missed the first 2 eposides and I  felt I wouldn't like having missed the begining.  Repeat this for the next seasons, since I missed Season 1 not going to be ready for 2 etc.  But I caught the 2 hours on Monday (again missing the opening eposide!) and liked what I saw so now I'll have the tivo catch the rest of the season and Amazon is sending me the first 4 seasons DVD's  :oops:    I really did like the pace a writing on Mondays show that much.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2006, 07:10:02 AM »

I just recently got the DVD box sets as well (used at gamestop for $29.99) and have watched through season 1, and am now on season 3. (They didn't have season 2 unfortunatley)

I remember watching a few episodes a long time ago, where there were two sisters, one of them joined the terrorists to help them out and Jack was of course hunting them down.
It definitely wasn't season 1, and I'm on season 3 now and it doesn't look like that's it either. (The only season I watched from start to finish was season 4)
So that means it has to be season 2 right? Seems like when you jump back and forth (especially going backwards) in the season you get real lost. But having seen season 4 and enjoying it so much I had to try the other seasons.
Anyone know what season I'm talking about? I remember one scene they were at the airport. Damn it's been a long time since I can't remember much, just that one sister joined the terrorists maybe her boyfriend was the leader or something..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2006, 08:32:18 AM »

Yeah, the older sister was Kate, I liked Kate.  Her sis was Marie, she was the turncoat, a hot one to be sure.   Michelle Forbes(late of Battlestar Galactica) was on the show at the time too.  Season 2, highly recommended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: