http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 10:43:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redbox Question  (Read 3496 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2011, 03:23:02 AM »

I've decided to try renting some games from Redbox, but I can't find the answer to some questions.  What are the machine's hours of operation?  Do they close at night, or can you rent games at any time?  If they do stay open, if you rent something after midnight, is that considered the next day?  For instance, if I rent a game at 12:30 am on Tuesday (if that's possible) is it due back at 9 pm Tuesday or 9 pm Wednesday?  Anyone know?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:50:16 AM »

Redbox kiosks are open if the store is open if it's inside the store.  If it's outside the store, it's 24 hours.

If you rent a game at 12:30 AM on Tuesday, it is due back 9:00 PM on Wednesday.  It is always the next day AFAIK.

I haven't rented games from them, but that's how the movies have worked.  It's pretty seamless and easy.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »

That sounds exactly like how it works. I rented Brink around 1am and it wasn't due until the next day by 9pm. (Same with movies.)

Most walmarts these days are open 24 hours, so you can rent anytime you want. Our walmart has 2 redbox kiosks. They all seem to be carrying blu-rays now as well.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

Thanks.  I'm usually up late, so getting a game a little after midnight would be perfect for me.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 05:57:26 PM »

Can you return a Redbox rental to any kiosk, or does it have to be the same one you got it from?
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 07:06:26 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 23, 2011, 05:57:26 PM

Can you return a Redbox rental to any kiosk, or does it have to be the same one you got it from?

You can return it to any Redbox.  We've even done it across state lines.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 03:04:03 AM »

I"m kind of confused how you can burn through a whole game in a day?

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 03:49:47 AM »

Quote from: SkyLander on September 24, 2011, 03:04:03 AM

If all you do is play the SP campaign and then return it I can see it. Man that would be a boring waste of time for me though.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 02:49:54 PM »

Do you just insert the movie back into the machine for the return process or do you need to re-swipe your credit card?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »

Quote from: Toe on September 24, 2011, 02:49:54 PM

Do you just insert the movie back into the machine for the return process or do you need to re-swipe your credit card?

just tell the machine you're making a return and insert the disc...no need for your credit card.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:15:14 PM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »

Quote from: disarm on September 24, 2011, 06:13:07 PM

just tell the machine you're making a return and insert the disc...no need for your credit card.

It really is a wonderously easy experience from start to finish.  Only tough thing is waiting in line at the ones around here.  They get busy except wee hours of the morn.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 24, 2011, 06:23:23 PM

It really is a wonderously easy experience from start to finish.  Only tough thing is waiting in line at the ones around here.  They get busy except wee hours of the morn.

Is that because people are standing there dithering about what to rent? Or do people generally reserve something specific beforehand and then just simply pick it up?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »

Quote from: SkyLander on September 24, 2011, 03:04:03 AM

You can keep the game for as long as you want for $2/day.  If you keep it for 30 days, they charge you the full price of the game and you can keep it.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 12:12:35 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on September 24, 2011, 10:39:13 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on September 24, 2011, 06:23:23 PM

Is that because people are standing there dithering about what to rent? Or do people generally reserve something specific beforehand and then just simply pick it up?

usually there are people using the machine with their families browsing while a line builds up of other families waiting to pick something up.  It would almost be a benefit to have a separate screen/kiosk nearby that would allow browsing while waiting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: