http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 05:17:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Sox - Woohoo!!!  (Read 1765 times)
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2004, 12:22:00 AM »

Go Red Sox!  Can they finally break the curse this year???   biggrin

Koz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 12:33:15 AM »

&@(*$#@(*$#@$#@!!!!

Why do they torment us like that?!

The typical Sox would have lost that game and then blow the series... I've got a good feeling!

Well, for now.....
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 12:37:02 AM »

Still kinda sad. I drifted to the Angels this year when they picked up Vlad and the Sox still had Whiney Bitch at short.

Glad they won, but just not against the Angels...

Bring on the Yankees!!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
jimbo
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 12:44:04 AM »

was anyone else watching the yankee game at the same time?  I was flipping between the two and saw Ortiz's HR, then switched back to to the Yanks to see Jones hit a HR.  I think there is a conspiracy.  I'm glad the Sox won though so the Yanks can beat them again.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 12:56:24 AM »

What losers the Sox are.  They won the first round of the baseball playoffs.  Big deal.  With their payroll, it should be a foregone conclusion.  The Sox looked like morons celebrating like they won a championship.  Please.  It just shows how different the Sox and Patriots are.  The Patriots win a playoff game and they start preparing for the next one.  No running until the field hugging, jumping, etc.  The Sox won't get anywhere because they are to soft and satisfied by any win.

Do you think the Yankees will be jumping up and down on each other after they beat the Twins?  Nope, they will be getting ready to beat the Red Sox.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 01:19:44 AM »

Get ready for heartbreak.
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 03:25:19 AM »

Heartbreak for your mamma!

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 05:26:14 AM »

Quote from: "Scott"
What losers the Sox are.  They won the first round of the baseball playoffs.  Big deal.  With their payroll, it should be a foregone conclusion.  The Sox looked like morons celebrating like they won a championship.  Please.  It just shows how different the Sox and Patriots are.  The Patriots win a playoff game and they start preparing for the next one.  No running until the field hugging, jumping, etc.  The Sox won't get anywhere because they are to soft and satisfied by any win.

They'll celebrate again after they beat the Yankees too. Just a heads up.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 06:45:11 PM »

Must be nice to leave reality every now and then  biggrin .  When was the last time the Red Sox beat the Yankees in a series that mattered?

---
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 11:43:21 PM »

When was the last time the Red Sox swept an opponent in the playoffs? About 30 years ago, and only once before.

Point being, who cares what happened in the past. I'll admit there's always that psychological aspect playing the Yankees in New York, but Boston is the better team (on paper) this year, so I'm at least a bit more hopeful.

And no, I don't think it's guaranteed they will win, I was just posting a smart ass response to a smart ass comment. I find it strange how you can call the Red Sox losers, when, you know, they haven't lost a game yet.
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 12:43:12 AM »

Must be nice to leave reality every now and then  biggrin .  When was the last time the Red Sox beat the Yankees in a series that mattered?

A week from now.

mori
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 12:48:57 AM »

Damn Yankees! :x
The Sox might as well be the next opponent to fall.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 01:33:49 PM »

I find it strange how you can call the Red Sox losers, when, you know, they haven't lost a game yet.

I just found the way they celebrated silly.  Honestly, it was expected they beat the Angels and challenge for the World Series with the roster they have.  To celebrate this win, big deal.  The only victory that matters for this team will be a World Series Title.  Otherwise, the season is a failure.  After watching the Patriots be so professional and focused, it reminds me of how far the Red Sox have to go to be considered true winners.

Can the Sox beat the Yankees?  Definitely?  Will they?  The only thing that makes me believe is that Schilling is a good leader and a professional winner.  But with clowns on the team like Pedro, the Sox have a long way to go.  The Yankees just win, roster or not.  The Sox don't.

---
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004, 07:28:34 PM »

Do you think the Yankees will be jumping up and down on each other after they beat the Twins?  Nope, they will be getting ready to beat the Red Sox.

Not the Yankees, naaaaaaaaaaaaah.

That must be "preparatory" champagne.

See you tomorrow.  smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: