http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 05:56:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL 2013 -- Superbowl  (Read 9539 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 04, 2013, 04:34:56 AM »

Just can't hold it in any longer, Chiefs 9-0, man it feels good, despite all of the teams flaws, they seem to pull it together and win. I am being realistic, however, and know it won't last, but I have been letting myself enjoy each win for 24 hours before nitpicking on them. Looking forward to the next 3 games because it will give a better idea of where the team will finally end up.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2013, 04:26:31 AM »

I just want to know what the hell is wrong with the Texans, other than Matt Schaub and our kicker.   :p
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2013, 04:48:19 AM »

Andre Johnson is a ball hog.

Oh wait that is basketball isn't it?    unibrow
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2013, 05:38:34 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on November 04, 2013, 04:34:56 AM

Just can't hold it in any longer, Chiefs 9-0, man it feels good, despite all of the teams flaws, they seem to pull it together and win. I am being realistic, however, and know it won't last, but I have been letting myself enjoy each win for 24 hours before nitpicking on them. Looking forward to the next 3 games because it will give a better idea of where the team will finally end up.

They have a good defense, a fairly safe offense and a veteran coach to keep things running smooth.  Its not flashy but it does win games. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 11, 2013, 12:22:04 AM »

wow that was horrible.  Kap couldn't do anything with his feet or arm.  WR's were non-existent.  Sloppy sloppy sloppy.  Can't afford that loss.  Now we're pretty much out of first place in the NFC west considering how easy Seattle's schedule is.   
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 11, 2013, 12:58:28 AM »

It's not that easy. Still gotta play you guys again and New Orleans. And you know as well as I do that the Rams and Cardinals will put up a fight no matter what the records are. I do like having a bit of a cushion though. Now if we could get Dallas to beat New Orleans tonight...

Ruining language with my terrible words.
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: November 11, 2013, 01:14:54 AM »

So Niners are likely to not finish 1st in the West because of the Seahawks easy schedule?

Ok.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #207 on: November 11, 2013, 01:40:55 AM »

9 and freaking 1 baby!

Can I get a hell yeah?!

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #208 on: November 11, 2013, 01:49:20 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 11, 2013, 01:40:55 AM

9 and freaking 1 baby!

Can I get a hell yeah?!

I honestly expected to lose this week. We haven't been playing well, Unger out (in addition to Giacomini and Okung), East Coast trip, etc. What do they do? Come out and play their best all-around game of the year, by far. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold Okung and Giaco out until after the bye, but if we get those guys back and they are full strength (plus Bryant, Harvin, etc) then hopefully we can really get on a roll playing more consistently. This team has not even come close to playing at their peak.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 11, 2013, 02:07:57 AM »

WELP.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #210 on: November 11, 2013, 06:37:36 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on November 11, 2013, 01:49:20 AM

Quote from: Caine on November 11, 2013, 01:40:55 AM

9 and freaking 1 baby!

Can I get a hell yeah?!

I honestly expected to lose this week. We haven't been playing well, Unger out (in addition to Giacomini and Okung), East Coast trip, etc. What do they do? Come out and play their best all-around game of the year, by far. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold Okung and Giaco out until after the bye, but if we get those guys back and they are full strength (plus Bryant, Harvin, etc) then hopefully we can really get on a roll playing more consistently. This team has not even come close to playing at their peak.

yeah, too true.  and that is why I'm excited.  we keep winning these games "we should have lost" and the only game we did lose, we should have won.  this is a year we can be proud of for a long time and I love seeing this city get hyped up.  it's about time. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:32 PM »

Woohoo, nice win by the Seahawks again. I'd say that was a crusher, but a loss like that seems to reasonably common for the Vikings.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:07:46 PM by kronovan » Logged
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 05, 2013, 05:38:34 AM

Quote from: Tebunker on November 04, 2013, 04:34:56 AM

They have a good defense, a fairly safe offense and a veteran coach to keep things running smooth.  Its not flashy but it does win games. 

Unless they play Denver.  icon_wink

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 18, 2013, 05:54:46 PM »

yeah.  a great weekend for football.  KC gets a much needed loss, SF falls again, 'Hawks dominated the hell out of the Vikings and look to be in great shape for the Saints. 

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 18, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

Had a great NFL day yesterday watching the Saints and Broncos win.  Saints kept trying to let the 49ers win with turnovers, but squeaked it out in the end.  Hated Falcons are next!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

Teggy will like this:

Four weeks ago this morning, the Giants were 0-6 and Dallas was 4-3. Next Sunday, Dallas and the Giants meet in New Jersey. If the Giants win, theyíll both be 5-6.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2013, 11:03:45 PM »

icon_evil

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2013, 11:03:57 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 18, 2013, 06:05:03 PM

Had a great NFL day yesterday watching the Saints and Broncos win.  Saints kept trying to let the 49ers win with turnovers, but squeaked it out in the end.  Hated Falcons are next!

I think the call on the Brees sack was BS.  The Niners didn't really do anything to win the game, but that call was bad.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2013, 11:24:42 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 18, 2013, 11:03:57 PM

I think the call on the Brees sack was BS.  The Niners didn't really do anything to win the game, but that call was bad.

Ya that and the costly Gore drop.  Gore had nothing but daylight if he would have caught that
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2013, 12:27:22 AM »

What part about not tackling the head do you not understand?  He bends his neck backwards.  That is exactly what the rule was put in place for. 

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2013, 12:29:18 AM »

Oh and the only thing more disappointing than the Lions being the Lions again on Sunday was those hideous uniforms worn by the Steelers.  Damn those things were beyond fugly.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2013, 12:51:36 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 19, 2013, 12:27:22 AM

What part about not tackling the head do you not understand?  He bends his neck backwards.  That is exactly what the rule was put in place for. 

That picture is almost all the way through the tackle as he's falling backwards and misrepresents the actual play.  He hits him in the sternum, doesn't attack the head and doesn't strike his head. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:29 AM »

It was a good call per the rule. Nothing Brooks could do about it, but you can't make contact with the QBs neck.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2013, 04:41:15 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2013, 12:51:36 AM

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 19, 2013, 12:27:22 AM

That picture is almost all the way through the tackle as he's falling backwards and misrepresents the actual play.  He hits him in the sternum, doesn't attack the head and doesn't strike his head. 

No it doesnt misrepresent the play.  It illustrates why the play was flagged.  I dont care if the hit started at his ankles.  Im not saying there was intent to go to the head but thats where he ended up.  BY THE RULES, it is a penalty.  Im sure you dont like it but if you cant see why the play was flagged youre wearing blinders.   Theres no blame to Brooks for the play, it was a hustle play and sometimes those end up as a penalty, but the call was not BS it was correct by the rules.   If you want to place blame for the loss, instead of looking at one play, how about you look at the whopping 196 yds of total offense that the Niners put up.  You have to play pretty bad to lose a game where your opponent turns the ball over 3 times to your 1.  The Niners didnt lose because of one penalty, they lost because they sucked on offense.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2013, 06:05:02 AM »

And I said that in my original post, that the Niners did nothing to win the game. The call was BS.
Kraegor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2013, 06:14:24 AM »

So a gif appears which shows that first contact was with the neck not the sternum.  Brees is 1ms from getting choked out.  And you still think it was a legal hit to the chest.  Yeah... you know where the sternum is right?  Bicep to jugular is that an arm tackle in your book?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 19, 2013, 04:24:29 AM

It was a good call per the rule. Nothing Brooks could do about it, but you can't make contact with the QBs neck.

Man, that looks pretty painful in slo-mo like that.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 19, 2013, 06:00:25 PM »

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 19, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »

In pocket as a QB vs out of pocket as a runner. Different rules.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10001244/nfl-reviewing-hit-ahmad-brooks-san-francisco-49ers-drew-brees-new-orleans-saints

The NFL is reviewing San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks for possible discipline for his illegal hit on New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, a blow that seemed a textbook example of the league rule prohibiting defensive players from hitting the quarterback in the head and neck, a league source said Tuesday.

So maybe not so much a clean hit, 49er fans.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 19, 2013, 08:20:47 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10001244/nfl-reviewing-hit-ahmad-brooks-san-francisco-49ers-drew-brees-new-orleans-saints

The NFL is reviewing San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks for possible discipline for his illegal hit on New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, a blow that seemed a textbook example of the league rule prohibiting defensive players from hitting the quarterback in the head and neck, a league source said Tuesday.

So maybe not so much a clean hit, 49er fans.

Why don't we call it even.  They had bounty gate, and this makes up for it Tongue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2013, 08:46:48 PM »

From Peter King a la MMQB:

Iím working on a story now that will be out in a couple of weeks that I believe will explain things a little bit better. But in this case, what I saw was a defensive player who contacted a quarterback in the upper sternum/shoulder area, but in the process of finishing the play, Ahmad Brooksí forearm made contact with Drew Breesí neck. That play is going to be called as a personal foul by the officials. If they donít call it, no matter who the quarterback is, the officials will get marked down by league officiating supervisors.

He sees the same contact zone and just like I said it's as he falls backward that the neck contact comes into play.  I still think it's a bad call.

Any guy who gives a hard tackle gets fined this season.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2013, 08:47:47 PM »

Speaking of calls, how about that game ending play last night!?!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2013, 08:46:48 PM

Iím working on a story now that will be out in a couple of weeks that I believe will explain things a little bit better. But in this case, what I saw was a defensive player who contacted a quarterback in the upper sternum/shoulder area, but in the process of finishing the play, Ahmad Brooksí forearm made contact with Drew Breesí neck. That play is going to be called as a personal foul by the officials. If they donít call it, no matter who the quarterback is, the officials will get marked down by league officiating supervisors.

He sees the same contact zone and just like I said it's as he falls backward that the neck contact comes into play.  I still think it's a bad call.

Did you not read the line after that?

That play is going to be called as a personal foul by the officials. If they donít call it, no matter who the quarterback is, the officials will get marked down by league officiating supervisors.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2013, 10:35:20 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 19, 2013, 10:14:56 PM

That play is going to be called as a personal foul by the officials. If they donít call it, no matter who the quarterback is, the officials will get marked down by league officiating supervisors.

Yep.  It's a judgement call by the officials that he's saying they have to make because otherwise they'll get marked down.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 19, 2013, 10:35:20 PM

Quote from: gellar on November 19, 2013, 10:14:56 PM

Yep.  It's a judgement call by the officials that he's saying they have to make because otherwise they'll get marked down.

I give up.
Kraegor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 20, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »

So you are both blind.  Contact zone?  You mean how the neck was hit before the sternum? Maybe king was watching the play in reverse.  forearm on left shoulder pad.  bicep to jugular. after which elbow slides down and indeed contact with the sternum which is a precursor to ripping off the QBs head and shitting down his neck.

It seemed appropriate to match your hyperbole.  Any hard tackle indeed.

Kraegor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2013, 07:39:32 AM »

To be clear, I do not think it was a tackle intended to injure.  No malicious intent.  But it's the defenders job to adjust to the person they are tackling in order to perform a legal hit.  That was a modified clothesline tackle.  Those are not legal.  If it's borderline, the edge goes to the QB.  Period.  This isn't new.  It's been this way for a good long while.

The outrage over this is comical .  I played football 15 years ago in H.S. and even then I knew that I wasn't allowed to try and rip a guys head off. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »

Brooks fined $16K for the hit. Ray Lewis offers to pay half.

If Ray Lewis is on your side, you are on the wrong side.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:19:15 PM by naednek » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: