http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 02:14:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL 2013 -- Superbowl  (Read 10794 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »

Quote from: Markstrink on September 08, 2013, 09:44:25 PM

Lions looked average today and with all the penalties and dumb plays managed a win. They still need some work.

While they did make mistakes, especially in the penalty area as usual, there was a lot to like as well.  Reggie Bush was great today and Stafford had a very good game as well.  Im amazed that after giving up a 78 yd td run to Peterson on the Vikings first offensive play,  Detroit shut him down after that only allowing him 15 yds on 17 carries the rest of the way and holding him to under 100.  The d also had 3 ints.  I still have the Lions at 8-8 and out of the playoffs but if the D continues to improve and what we saw today from Bush is normal, they just might surprise me.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 12:52:42 AM »

Hard fought game in SF. Clay Matthews is a great LB, but he's an ass. That's all I gotta say about that.

GB wouldn't let Colin or anyone else run, but they let them pass. Colin's first 400 yard game for his career. I bet they didn't see that coming. They were too busy planning on the run since the last time they met, they couldn't stop the 49ers 383 yards in rushing.

And I'm sure we'll be talking about the bad officiating which led to the 49ers TD. Matthews shouldn't have tackled CK after going out of bounds, and Staley while protecting his QB, shouldn't have retaliated.

Oh, and welcome to SF Anquan Boldin!  WOW  Impressive game!
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 03:42:07 AM »

Kaepernick is the whole package. The one thing that he does which is underrated now is his ability to throw on the run. The few times he rolled out, by design or not, the passes he made were incredible. Right on target with velocity. Boldin must think he's gone to football heaven.

No way the Niners win that game with Alex Smith.

And on an unrelated note, LOL at the Buccaneers giving the game away to the Jets and saving Ryan's neck.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:45:31 AM by Jimmy the Fish » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:55 AM »

What a mess of a Sunday night game. Cowboys win, but I don't exactly have the warm fuzzies.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2013, 04:04:54 AM »

Quote from: naednek on September 09, 2013, 12:52:42 AM

Hard fought game in SF. Clay Matthews is a great LB, but he's Harbaugh's an ass. That's all I gotta say about that.

FTFY

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Markstrink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2013, 12:51:28 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on September 08, 2013, 10:06:39 PM

Quote from: Markstrink on September 08, 2013, 09:44:25 PM

Lions looked average today and with all the penalties and dumb plays managed a win. They still need some work.

While they did make mistakes, especially in the penalty area as usual, there was a lot to like as well.  Reggie Bush was great today and Stafford had a very good game as well.  Im amazed that after giving up a 78 yd td run to Peterson on the Vikings first offensive play,  Detroit shut him down after that only allowing him 15 yds on 17 carries the rest of the way and holding him to under 100.  The d also had 3 ints.  I still have the Lions at 8-8 and out of the playoffs but if the D continues to improve and what we saw today from Bush is normal, they just might surprise me.

Oh I agree. I mean a 70 yard run and be finished with like barely 100 yards. Bush was great I think he had something like 170 combined yards. Bell looked like he might prove great as well. But it was sloppy. Granted it was week one. I would say 7-9. But who knows. They might surprise everyone.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »

Quote from: Graham on September 09, 2013, 04:04:54 AM

Hard fought game in SF. Clay Matthews is a great LB, but he's Harbaugh's an ass. That's all I gotta say about that.

FTFY

At least Harbaugh doesn't intentionally try to injure the QB of the other team with a dirty, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaate hit.  If Rodgers got hit as late as Kaepernick did, the league office would have exploded.  
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 09, 2013, 03:47:55 AM

What a mess of a Sunday night game. Cowboys win, but I don't exactly have the warm fuzzies.

6 NYG turnovers and the Cowboys still barely won!  Any updates on what really happened to Romo?
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 02:01:09 PM »

Interesting stat I saw yesterday while watching the niner game...

The last time a 49ers QB through a 400+ yard game was Tim Rattay in 2004...  For some QB's in the league, throwing 400 yards is just routine.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »

FTFY

what's the phrase...

Don't fix something that's not broken?  Ya that's it.  Nice try though.  How bout those Raiders of yours?  Oh wait.  They keep to their form and gave it up again. 
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:49 PM »

This thread just goes to show that 49ers fans don't know anything about football.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »

Quote from: stessier on September 08, 2013, 09:18:19 PM

Quote from: ATB on September 06, 2013, 02:50:41 PM

Are the Bills out of the playoff hunt yet?  

HAHAHAHA. I make me laugh.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Of course they are.

They gave an impressive performance today.  Technically, they are in dead last in the division, but I don't think they are going to be a punchline this year.

It doesn't matter. We choked again and lost again. Just like we've always done.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2013, 03:15:08 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 09, 2013, 02:50:06 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Of course they are.

They gave an impressive performance today.  Technically, they are in dead last in the division, but I don't think they are going to be a punchline this year.

From what I heard Bills looked pretty good, but their penalties cost them.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »

Quote from: Graham on September 09, 2013, 02:43:49 PM

This thread just goes to show that 49ers fans don't know anything about football.

I don't know why, but I have you mixed up with Gratch.  Needless to say, my point still stands regarding Matthews.  Great player, a bit of an ass.  He should have been thrown the flag for punching.  He made the first hit on Staley.  Oh well,  not a big deal now that they won.  Fun game to watch,  Lot of back and forth.  Didn't really know who was going to win until last minute.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:29:26 PM by naednek » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:41 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 09, 2013, 03:15:08 PM

Quote from: ATB on September 09, 2013, 02:50:06 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Of course they are.

They gave an impressive performance today.  Technically, they are in dead last in the division, but I don't think they are going to be a punchline this year.

From what I heard Bills looked pretty good, but their penalties cost them.

Something ALWAYS costs them.  crybaby
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 09, 2013, 01:11:10 PM

FTFY

At least Harbaugh doesn't intentionally try to injure the QB of the other team with a dirty, laaaaaaaaaaaaaaate hit.  If Rodgers got hit as late as Kaepernick did, the league office would have exploded.  

Please tell me you don't honestly think that is true. It's a late hit, which Matthews even owned up to after the game, but intentionally trying to injure? Come on now.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2013, 06:42:44 PM »

1) I didn't see it live, but post game I saw the replay. The hit was incredibly dirty, but it's not suspendible. If Matthews were some jobber maybe, but the league is not going to suspend Clay Matthews on a personal foul that didn't injure someone. Staley's penalty was laughable, and the league stated as such post-game.
2) Jim Harbaugh would drive me insane if he was not the coach of my favorite team. How other 49er fans can't agree that he is a complete and total asshat is beyond me. But he's OUR asshat. Let's embrace it.
3) Yes, most 49er fans know nothing about football. But that's true of all football fans. Collectively, it's the biggest group of passionate, non-sensical fans in all of sports. Maybe basketball rivals them in cluelessness, but not passion.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »

Also I hate the 'intent to injure' comment. It's *football*. Every play is intended to injure.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on September 09, 2013, 06:02:52 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on September 09, 2013, 01:11:10 PM

FTFY

Please tell me you don't honestly think that is true. It's a late hit, which Matthews even owned up to after the game, but intentionally trying to injure? Come on now.

I am abig 49'er fan and I didn't think the late hit was that big a deal.  Worthy of a 15 yard penalty for sure but not seeing any intent to harm Kap who had one foot out of bounds when hit.  I think in past seasons before the quarterback became untouchable that no flag would have been thrown, or if say that was a running back Matthews hit, again maybe no flag. 

Adding to that, I wonder if the Packers had gotten psyched up to lay a beating on Kap after what happened in last years playoff game and all day long the 49'ers did not allow them to get shots at him but finally Matthews had his chance and took it.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2013, 07:06:53 PM »

Gellar says:

1) I didn't see it live, but post game I saw the replay. The hit was incredibly dirty, but it's not suspendible. If Matthews were some jobber maybe, but the league is not going to suspend Clay Matthews on a personal foul that didn't injure someone. Staley's penalty was laughable, and the league stated as such post-game.

Yep, that hit was pretty ordinary by dirty hits standards in the NFL. The only concern I had was Staley or someone else doing some thing stupid in retaliation and getting kicked out of the game and possibly suspended. Thank god that didn't happen.

2) Jim Harbaugh would drive me insane if he was not the coach of my favorite team. How other 49er fans can't agree that he is a complete and total asshat is beyond me. But he's OUR asshat. Let's embrace it.

Totally agree. As a Niner fan, I find him hilarious at best and an obnoxious douchebag at worst, but the guy is an awesome head coach. He's our Bill Belichick, and as long as the team keeps winning, the personality is not an issue.

3) Yes, most 49er fans know nothing about football. But that's true of all football fans. Collectively, it's the biggest group of passionate, non-sensical fans in all of sports. Maybe basketball rivals them in cluelessness, but not passion.

The post game call in shows are totally unlistenable to me just based on the sheer idiocy half drunk people spew on the way home from the game.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on September 09, 2013, 07:06:53 PM

The post game call in shows are totally unlistenable to me just based on the sheer idiocy half drunk people spew on the way home from the game.

I love them. I love laughing at them.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2013, 07:31:11 PM »

Harbaugh is an ass and I agree he's our ass.

As for the Mathews hit being ordinary, I don't get that one bit.  He's 4 feet off the ground in a superman pose, hitting Kaepernick around the neck and then slams his head down.  Kaepernick was almost halfway through the sideline white.  After the whole lead up about hitting the running QB, I think it was pretty clear that Mathews wanted to hit and hurt him and didn't care if it was legal or not.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 11, 2013, 08:03:35 PM

Either way, this will sort out the power rankings for us and Denver come next week.  go hawks!

TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2013, 12:47:24 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 09, 2013, 07:31:11 PM

Harbaugh is an ass and I agree he's our ass.

As for the Mathews hit being ordinary, I don't get that one bit.  He's 4 feet off the ground in a superman pose, hitting Kaepernick around the neck and then slams his head down.  Kaepernick was almost halfway through the sideline white.  After the whole lead up about hitting the running QB, I think it was pretty clear that Mathews wanted to hit and hurt him and didn't care if it was legal or not.

I agree, it seemed intentional to me.  Here is a local article/opinion about it from a city paper that isn't in San Fran or Wisconsin.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130911/SPORTS01/309110063/
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2013, 02:19:18 AM »

So this is what it is like to have rookie wide receivers.  I can see why the Pats have tried not to use them the last few years.  Hopefully they grow into their roles quickly.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2013, 02:41:49 PM »

Quote from: stessier on September 13, 2013, 02:19:18 AM

So this is what it is like to have rookie wide receivers.  I can see why the Pats have tried not to use them the last few years.  Hopefully they grow into their roles quickly.

Yeah, that was an ugly game that didn't look any better once the rain really started to come down.  But what do you expect from two teams who thought Tebow might be a good idea? Tongue

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
stessier

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »

At least the Pats were wise enough not to waste a season roster spot on him. biggrin
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2013, 08:21:24 PM »

What a great drive to win the game for the Bills. So uncharacteristic. Unless this is one of their characteristic false hope moments slywink
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2013, 12:42:03 AM »

Wow, the Saints did not deserve to win that game and yet they did.  Colston with a great catch to set up the field goal.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2013, 04:03:16 AM »

Meh.  It's gonna be a split series anyways.  One of the few games I expected the niners to lose.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2013, 04:08:40 AM »

Dumb loss by Dallas, but if you're going to lose, make it a non-conference game, right? Still in first place smile

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2013, 04:09:17 AM »

Quote from: naednek on September 16, 2013, 04:03:16 AM

Meh.  It's gonna be a split series anyways.  One of the few games I expected the niners to lose.

This badly?  They look like a JV team tonight.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2013, 04:22:16 AM »

Niners making a lot of stupid penalties.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2013, 04:27:19 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 16, 2013, 04:22:16 AM

the Ints aren't helping either.  ouch.  right on the 32

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2013, 04:28:06 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 16, 2013, 04:27:19 AM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on September 16, 2013, 04:22:16 AM

the Ints aren't helping either.  ouch.  right on the 32

and it ended how it was expected to end.  TD Lynch! 

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2013, 05:00:32 AM »

Quote from: naednek on September 16, 2013, 04:03:16 AM

Meh.  It's gonna be a split series anyways.

Probably. I'm pleased with the pressure the d-line provided tonight. Good nights for Avril and Bennett. Schofield continues to look like a great pickup. Hopefully, we are able to get more pressure once we get Clem and Irvin back. Also hoping the Okung injury isn't serious.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2013, 01:46:57 PM »

Oh and I read the stat lines: Mario Williams 4.5 sacks?

Unearthly.

He's on pace for a 36 sack season! slywink
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »

Ok niners, forget about Seattle, and play like you mean it.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »

yeah, this is mean.  still laughed though. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: