http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 02:31:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rashomon - I don't get it.  (Read 762 times)
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 05:53:46 PM »

Woo, my first new topic after "the incident"!

Anyway, I watched this movie the other day (which I had vaguely heard about here and there) and I think I missed the point.

I "get" the whole thing of people seeing things completely differently even though the same events transpired, but I REALLY didn't understand the end with the monk and that guy.  I liked it and all, but it's not an "it" sort of movie for me I guess.

Now Ikiru, that's a great movie! slywink

PS - I just had a thought that it's odd that this movie comes to mind after all the ponderings, etc. about what actually happened with GG.  Sort of the same situation, eh?
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 10:12:45 PM »

I've not seen the movie for a year or so. The fragility of human memory is oft overlooked, says Kurosawa.  ninja  What confused you?

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
ChaoZ
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 11:09:22 PM »

Slightly on a tangent here, but I just finished watching Ikiru for the first time.  This is a film that has impact!  The acting is superb for the most part and it's beautifully shot.

My only prior exposure to Kurosawa was Seven Samurai.  That was a good film, and probably very deep philosophically, but Ikiru's emotional impact by far makes it the superior movie (at least to me) in my mind.

I will definitely continue to explore Kurosawa's works from now.   Rashomon seems to be a good choice.  I'll try to track a copy down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: