http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:16:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiohead - The King of Limbs  (Read 467 times)
Larraque
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:46:56 PM »

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/

Announced this morning, comes out on Saturday!!!!

I'm very excited. nod In Rainbows was my favorite album (yes, even above Kid A) and I love the few singles they've previewed so far -These are my twisted words & Harry Patch (in memory of).  (Not that these are necessarily on the album)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 01:56:57 PM by Larraque » Logged
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »

I feel so ashamed.  I've just never "got" Radiohead.  It's not that I don't like off beat music (hell, i'm a nut for jon spencer blues explosion and Nick Cave), but I just can't seem to get into Radiohead.  I think I have failed at being a human being.   icon_redface

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »

Yes, I just heard about it this morning! Digital download this Saturday. News came from out of nowhere. I'm all sorts of excited!!  icon_biggrin
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 04:02:12 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 14, 2011, 03:27:52 PM

I feel so ashamed.  I've just never "got" Radiohead.  It's not that I don't like off beat music (hell, i'm a nut for jon spencer blues explosion and Nick Cave), but I just can't seem to get into Radiohead.  I think I have failed at being a human being.   icon_redface

'Tis ok. You've not failed at being several lower lifeforms. You could start your Radiohead introduction with 'The Bends'.. then take a gander at 'OK Computer'. You could work your way up and be a great.. wildebeast? Maybe an ostrich? Or a Caribou!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »

I've tried to appreciate every one of their albums, so it's too late to be introduced to them.  My dislike is an informed one, at least.   

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »

Awesome!

Hepcat, if you ever want to "get" Radiohead, just go see them in concert one time. I was only a casual Radiohead fan when I went to see them and I was utterly blown away. In terms of pure raw musicianship/talent it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Thom Yorke is a freaking amazing singer, and to see them pull off live on stage the kinds of sounds you hear on their albums was just mind-boggling.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:26:37 PM »

Can't wait!

Radiohead isn't for everyone, but I love them.
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:24:13 AM »

What? No name your own price option this time?

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 12:52:58 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 14, 2011, 04:02:12 PM

Quote from: hepcat on February 14, 2011, 03:27:52 PM

'Tis ok. You've not failed at being several lower lifeforms. You could start your Radiohead introduction with 'The Bends'.. then take a gander at 'OK Computer'. You could work your way up and be a great.. wildebeast? Maybe an ostrich? Or a Caribou!

You tried. At least you went in with an open mind.

I didn't get Radiohead at first either. The first time I heard The Bends I hated it. I listened to it again after about six months and liked it. YMMV. At least you didn't walk in and just say "HURR HURR RADIOHEAD SUX" because then I would have to punch you in the left testicle.

Yay new Radiohead!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 02:35:56 AM »

I'm looking forward to this release.  I can't say I enjoy their electronic music as much as the more...instrument-oriented stuff, but I'll give it a try.  Personally I felt like they peaked with OK Computer and since then it has been a slow descent into Thom Yorke accompanied by some beeps and boops.  Still some good songs in there, but not as compelling for me.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »

Available this morning (a day early). My wife downloaded our copy but I have to wait til I'm home to hear it.

In the meantime, here's Lotus Flower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdFy8oLmnEo

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 02:24:58 PM »

Quote from: Larraque on February 18, 2011, 01:31:44 PM

In the meantime, here's Lotus Flower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdFy8oLmnEo

I think I saw that guy on a street corner downtown Seattle the other day. Had a sign and everything.  eek

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »

A user posted the full album on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g6R89fCUBE

It's really different and very distinctly Radiohead. Considering that my favorite RH song is like spinning plates, I'm immediately drawn to that. It's much darker sounding than 'in Rainbows'. (Oh, and twisted words and Harry Patch were not on the album)

Give up the Ghost is beautiful.

Going to need to give it a few listens to get a full opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: