http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:45:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Station to Drown Dog  (Read 1157 times)
ravenvii
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2005, 04:00:08 AM »

LINK

This radio station is planning to drown a dog tomorrow morning. WTF? What the fuck is wrong with those people?  thumbsdown  :x
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 04:15:27 AM »

Well, its illegal so if they do it they can plan on getting arrested.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 04:28:44 AM »

jesus fucking christ there is something wrong with that!  That dog is so damn cute too.

Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 06:02:55 AM »

I think the world would be better off if the two of them decided to drown each other.  It would also be more useful as a demonstation of how quickly humans can drown.  And don't even start with the "a dog's life isn't more valuable that a human's!" crap.

I haven't yet heard of a dog drowning people as a ratings stunt.

This just once again confirms and reinforces my belief that humans are shit. :evil:

EDIT Also, if I were a regular listener to their show, I would no longer be listening to them after this crap, no matter what they do tomorrow.  If they drown the dog, they are lower than scum and I don't listen to scum.  If they don't drown the dog, they were just doing this as a ratings ploy, and they are asshats for that.  I don't particularly like listening to asshats either.

I hope most of their regular listeners feel the same way, and they go down the toilet after this.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 06:05:29 AM »

Uh ... wait ... they ... they're serious?

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 08:06:29 AM »

People tend to ignore tragic events like we have had this week, and hopefully we can bring more awareness to child safety and show just how quickly a life can drown.

Yeah, obviously we're dealing with two humanitarians here.  No way they do it.  They'll fake it and then use it to try and act like they're enlightening the audience on serious issues when they're really doing it to try and generate ratings.  I hate these idiotic morning shock jocks.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 06:37:51 PM »

Well thankfully they faked it and have a notice on the linked page attesting to that now.  What a weird stunt, and I agree it was more about ratings than child safety.

The General
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 07:24:16 PM »

Animals are being put down everday?

I was aware of this years ago, but i didnt think it was still on. Well i guess when someone start putting down children, i guess the laws will change.

:roll:

Again, i laugh at the laws in this land.
*Not understanding that animals have feelings too and humans and animals are both important*

Why are you trying to make fun of me?
You think it's funny?
What the ____ you think you're doing to me?
You take your turn lashing out at me.
I want you crying with your dirty ass in front of me - K.O.R.N.

* The World Aint Knowing "
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »

I should've guessed it'd be a pair of idiot DJs here in Grand Rapids.  Grand Rapids: Welcome to the 1990s.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 10:29:38 PM »

just to be fair to these guys, i live in Grand Rapids and listen to their show on the way in to work every morning.  after the drowning of that child earlier in the week, they have spent a significant portion of each morning discussing the story and water safety issues on-air.  they've invited members from community organizations, the police department, and the parks department to speak during their morning airtime about water safety and the importance of always keeping an eye on your children when they're near water.  they've  also been taking a lot of calls from listeners offering advice, voicing their opinions, or relating similar stories.  sure, they pulled a little stunt to grab some attention, but it's only a big deal because everyone tends to take everything they hear too seriously and overreact.  i think anyone who listens to these guys every morning would understand that it wasn't real from the start...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 12:23:02 AM »

pwned!  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: