http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 06:08:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Help for Anyone Currently on for Seasickness  (Read 573 times)
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2005, 06:57:14 PM »

For anyone who has time in 30 minutes - how do you get rid of seasickness hours after you are back on land?  A friend and I went to the other side of the island Spetses that I am staying on in Greece to go to a wonderful cove beach.  Well, at the end of the day, we got back on the boat to return and a big storm came up.  By the time we got back to the harbor, the Agean was really churning.  It has been five hours now and as I sit here, it feels like the world is afloat and rocking.  Any home remedy recomendations?  I am not digging this.

Thanks in advance!!   frown

I Love The Law!  smile
Sparhawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:06:45 PM »

For anyone who has time in 30 minutes - how do you get rid of seasickness hours after you are back on land? A friend and I went to the other side of the island Spetses that I am staying on in Greece to go to a wonderful cove beach.

Cry me a river.  :roll:

biggrin   :lol:

I am kidding. Wow, such great history you're around right now. I am completely enthralled by the visuals I am imagining.  As for your seasickness? I am no help there, but I do recommend you take pictures and don't puke on anyone.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 07:08:52 PM »

Ginger! Yes, the spice -  it's been tested against Dramamine for motion sickness, and performed better.  If you have any ginger of any sort right now, try it - ginger tea, or add the spice itself to tea or coffee (it's actually pretty good in coffee, you can also add some cinnamon and it'll taste like gingerbread).

Ginger capsules are probably the easiest and strongest way to get it in fast, though, so you might try to find them in a drug store "supplement" section, or a natural foods mkt.  You could also stuff your own empty capsules with the spice, but while traveling overseas, I'd avoid that .... too much like drug paraphernalia.

Good Luck! Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 04:36:58 AM »

I'll second ginger.  It does wonders for airsickness also.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 04:40:37 AM »

Ginger isn't bad, but I'm thinkin' Mary-Anne would be my first pick. slywink

As to motion sickness, I only know how to prevent it. Sensory deprevation through meditation, and also don't read books while riding on busses. biggrin

edit: note, it says Mary-Anne, not Mary Jane. I don't know if that would help, or just numb you out of caring.  :twisted:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: