http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin's sleight of hand could be a precursor to World War 3  (Read 1022 times)
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2005, 06:31:46 PM »

Damn!

This could mean war!

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/8606564
gameoverman
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:52:09 PM »

Didn't the Vikings quarterback have something like this happen to him?  He let someone try on something of his and they decided to keep it?

Let this be a lesson: keep your bling to yourself, lest ye be de-blinged.
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:37 PM »

Yeah, but with that guy seemed like a publicity stunt than a bona fide offer, and he ended up getting bit in the ass by the publicity backlash.

Anyway, the Putin thing seems really... weird.  More like he took the ring because he wanted it, and acted like it was a misunderstanding.
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:58:09 PM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
Didn't the Vikings quarterback have something like this happen to him?  He let someone try on something of his and they decided to keep it?

Let this be a lesson: keep your bling to yourself, lest ye be de-blinged.

As a rabid Viking fan, I'd like to elaborate on that overblown story. Dante let a handicap kid wear his "bling" when the child asked if he could.

What was he suppose to do? Say no and look like a pompous ass, or do as he did and and let the dumb asss media latch on to a non-story.

Here's a blurb I found on the "incident"

Here’s what happened: While participating in a news conference Wednesday, Culpepper fielded an awkward question from a paralyzed 17-year-old boy. “Hey Daunte,” said J.T. Townsend. “Can I get some ice?” – a reference to the $100,000, diamond-encrusted necklace around Culpepper’s neck.

With cameras rolling, Culpepper walked over to Townsend and thrilled him by hanging the necklace around his neck. Later, Culpepper sought out Townsend and put the chain back on. At Culpepper’s request, Townsend’s parents wrote down his address and contact information. Culpepper promised to send him gifts and memorabilia.

We were standing at Culpepper’s side when the transaction took place. There was no animosity, no hurt feelings and no accusations of impropriety – only thank-yous from Townsend, his parents and a doctor nearby.

The AP version of the story, however, in essence painted Culpepper as a spoiled athlete who “sheepishly” took away a gift from a paralyzed teenager once the cameras stopped shooting. Newspapers and Internet sites picked up the story nationally. One problem: Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Culpepper is a class act. Why reporters feel the need to try and tear down athletes is beyond me.

Culpepper is one of the very few real good guys in the NFL or sports in general.....I guess that bites you in the ass sometimes.
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 10:37:02 PM »

Wow, guess I got the mischaracterized version.  Glad to hear there was nothing bad done in that case.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 12:27:33 AM »

Now even Putin has a more Super Bowl rings than Peyton Manning!

Tongue

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:38:46 AM »

Now even Putin has a more Super Bowl rings than Peyton Manning!

Oh, good one, Devil!

Tongue  :twisted:  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 10:48:42 PM »

As an Indy native, I resemble that statement.. I resent it too. frown
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 07:02:04 PM »

Well, Harkonis, since Devil didn't answer you I will, lol.  I searched for just the right "I'm sorry" smiley, gif, or whatever - one that would convey that I feel bad that you feel that way... but it's also not our fault - it was a way funny statement, especially for Pats fans.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the perfect one, so I gave up.

I don't dislike Peyton, or the team, he just seems to have a particular blindspot for New England... one of those psychological things, I guess.  It's almost as if he chokes when facing the Pats.  And believe me, I can totally relate to that with the autumn performances (usually!) of the Red Sox...

So... sorry... kinda... a little bit...  And Good Luck next year, for every game except vs. the Patriots (that's the best I can do!)  Tongue

Ummm, went way off topic there, so: "Putin!" :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: