http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:46:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prostate Pain driving me insane  (Read 1398 times)
Rowdy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »

Alright, since this is a forum of mostly guys... here goes.  My apologies if this is TMI for a gaming forum, but I'm getting kind of desperate.

For the last 2 months, I've had complete and utter discomfort in my prostate region any time I sit down or lie on my side (fetal position, which naturally is how I liked to sleep).  I've done all the reading about Prostatitis and Enlarged Prostates, but the problem is my symptoms don't match anything that anyone describes.  I get an immediate fluttering, twitching or trembling sensation all through my nether regions as soon as there's any pressure on my prostate - not pain, really, but just constant twitching and jumping to the point that I can't even sit still.  I have no problem with urination or anything like that, which seems to be the primary symptom for both those issues.  Since I have a desk job, being unable to sit is a problem for me.  It's also seriously affecting my sleep.

The first time I can remember this happening was about a year ago, immediately after I had a vasectomy.  I recall complaining about it, but when it went away about a week or two later I assumed it was part of the healing process.

Anyone have any experience with this or anything like it?  I know I need to have an exam (argh), and I have made a doctors appointment, but I'm 36, dammit.  I shouldn't have to start dealing with this crap yet...
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »

You are just now seeing a doctor....I would have been there the minute this started.
I hope all goes well at the doctors office.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »

Take scuzz's avatar, and put a horrified face on stewie instead. That is how I feel about prostate pain.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »

Trust me, that's how I feel about it too.  It started out as a 'hmm, that's odd' sensation and is now to the point where I'm sitting on pillows and dancing in my chair all fracking day.  The bizarre thing is that as soon as I stand up - poof, perfectly normal again.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:06 PM »

Is it possible that it's stones?

* Purge cue's CeeKay to comment the vasectomy had removed any functional "stones" from the equation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:56:04 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 07:12:33 PM »

My father had prostate pain. Claimed ceasing his caffeine-intake eliminated it. I don't know if this is any way relevant to your situation, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 07:43:55 PM »

Quote from: Captain Caveman on January 10, 2011, 07:12:33 PM

My father had prostate pain. Claimed ceasing his caffeine-intake eliminated it. I don't know if this is any way relevant to your situation, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Interesting... I've actually read that before in regards to not drinking coffee.  I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do consume a lot of diet pepsi.  I've gone without for a few days and I'm not quite as functional without my caffeine.  Might have to ask about that.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:25:31 PM »

I've had an enlarged prostate for a number of years, but what you are describing is not typical of that condition.  Hopefully it's nothing super serious, but there are things that can go wrong with your prostrate beyond it getting big enough to impact your bladder.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on January 10, 2011, 04:58:29 PM

Anyone have any experience with this or anything like it?  I know I need to have an exam (argh), and I have made a doctors appointment, but I'm 36, dammit.  I shouldn't have to start dealing with this crap yet...

from experience i can say that 36 shouldn't be time to start dealing with this stuff yet,however I am 34 years old,next week i am having my Bladder,Prostate and Lymth(?)removed,because of Bladder Cancer,and being fitted with a Colostomy Bag

although thankfully it doesn't sound like you have the same thing as me(for me it was tumour over my Kidney exit and Urethra entrance,that made it difficult to pee that caused me to go to the Docs),i am glad that you are seeing the Doctor about it and hope you get good results,and maybe this can be a warning for other people no matter how dreary this following sentence sounds :-

you can never be too young

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 11, 2011, 08:29:20 PM

from experience i can say that 36 shouldn't be time to start dealing with this stuff yet,however I am 34 years old,next week i am having my Bladder,Prostate and Lymth(?)removed,because of Bladder Cancer,and being fitted with a Colostomy Bag

eek

Holy shit, dude!  Really sorry to hear that. frown

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »

Actually, what he had (and occasionally still has) are rectal spasms.

Rectal spasms (proctalgia fugax) can cause pain in the rectum. The cause of the spasms is unknown. Most people who have rectal spasms have episodes of sharp pain or severe cramps that last from several seconds to several minutes. The episodes may occur several times a year.

Doesn't quite sound like what Rowdy is experiencing.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 11, 2011, 09:00:19 PM

eek

This.  I hope everything turns out ok
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 09:29:01 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on January 11, 2011, 09:13:12 PM

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 11, 2011, 09:00:19 PM

eek

This.  I hope everything turns out ok

+1

Based on reading your posts, you have managed to keep an amazingly positive attitude. Best of luck.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:02 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on January 11, 2011, 09:12:28 PM

Actually, what he had (and occasionally still has) are rectal spasms.

Rectal spasms (proctalgia fugax) can cause pain in the rectum. The cause of the spasms is unknown. Most people who have rectal spasms have episodes of sharp pain or severe cramps that last from several seconds to several minutes. The episodes may occur several times a year.

Doesn't quite sound like what Rowdy is experiencing.

No... mine seems to be directly related to pressure on the prostate itself, and the twitching and jumpy-ness is throughout my prostate, scrotum and penis.  Sounds much more fun than it is.
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on January 10, 2011, 04:58:29 PM

although thankfully it doesn't sound like you have the same thing as me(for me it was tumour over my Kidney exit and Urethra entrance,that made it difficult to pee that caused me to go to the Docs),i am glad that you are seeing the Doctor about it and hope you get good results,and maybe this can be a warning for other people no matter how dreary this following sentence sounds :-

you can never be too young

Wow, I'm sorry to hear this.  All the best, I hope things go well for you.
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 12:06:43 AM »

My old boss had prostatitis which certainly affected his lifestyle.  He avoided flying like the plague and it affected his car choices on what he could stand to drive.  Unrelated, he developed prostate cancer and had it removed.  Unfortunately, the associated pains did not end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostatitis
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 11, 2011, 09:29:01 PM

+1

Based on reading your posts, you have managed to keep an amazingly positive attitude. Best of luck.

Myto said pretty much the same thing when i filled her in with all the details in an email Novemberish,as i explained everything to her,and then went on about our plan of attack for Co-Op in Borderlands,and told her that i was enjoying Fable III icon_biggrin

thanks for all the kind words though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 05:47:58 PM »

metallicorphan - Good luck with everything.  I hope it all goes as smoothly as it can.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 12, 2011, 04:56:04 PM

Quote from: Teggy on January 11, 2011, 09:29:01 PM

+1

Myto said pretty much the same thing when i filled her in with all the details in an email Novemberish,as i explained everything to her,and then went on about our plan of attack for Co-Op in Borderlands,and told her that i was enjoying Fable III icon_biggrin

thanks for all the kind words though

OMFG man, that's some serious shit to deal with at such a young age. You're only one year older than me. frown Best of luck, and I hope that this is the worst you ever have to deal with!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: