http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 03:36:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with IRS e-filing system could delay tax returns  (Read 273 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »

You could be waiting quite a while to get your federal tax refund.

A new system, called Modernized e-File, was supposed to make everything faster but isn't working right.  Friday, the IRS asked preparers not to use it at all.   And that means it could take extra time for your refund to find its way to you.

Tax season is tough enough, and now, there's another hurdle.  The IRS e-filing system isn't working as well as they hoped, and it's causing delays in your refund.  In some cases, by weeks.

"They have experienced about 40 percent of the returns, they had a delay," said Brenda Spencer of Liberty Tax Service.

The IRS system has been trying Modernized e-File for years, but this year was the full blown launch.  It still accepts your return, but can't process it as fast as promised.  Another problem: checking your return status.

"It's literally called 'where's my refund', it supposedly has no information about where your return is at or when your refund is expected," said CPA Norman Wahn.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/139335828.html

Count me as one of them. Filed on Feb 2nd, IRS accepted it on the 3rd and had a direct deposit date of the 15th. Still nothing yet.  I was kind of counting on it (I'm getting over $1000 back) as I was going to put a down payment on a new apartment this weekend.

Anyone else experience a delay with their refund? 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »

Yeah, they gave me a date of 2/1 for the refund, but we didn't get it until the 7th, and when I called to check the status, it said it had no record of us.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:56:06 PM »

I already got my state return deposited.  I have to pay fed this year.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:00:27 PM »

filed both on January 17th and got all of mine back by January 27th.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »

Same for me. State refund and owe the feds.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »

I efiled on a Tuesday earlier in Feb and had the money direct deposited the next Tuesday.  Guess I was one of the lucky ones.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:13:41 AM »

e-filed both my state and fed around the first of the month using TurboTax, got state refund deposited first which was unusual, but got fed refund deposited a couple days ago so...
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:25:08 AM »

Filed, refunded, and spent.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: