http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 07:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems connecting to quartertothree? ... Anybody  (Read 1274 times)
PhreezePeach
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2004, 10:49:53 AM »

If I connect to the forums I get a 404 error.  If I connect to the front page I get a good ol' long certificate expired run around (using Firefox)

Enjoy!

http://www.quartertothree.com/

------------------------

My mind is like a steel whatchamacallit.  Tongue

Dump a bag of Skittles in the toilet. Flush. Watch a three second NASCAR race.
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 10:59:05 AM »

I haven't had problems getting there (IE or Firefox), but maybe the fact that QT3 got linked in a Gamespot Rumor Central piece yesterday has clogged some internet lines.  They are linked as being the first to say you'd need an internet connection to play Half-Life 2 in single player mode.  The truth is you have to connect to Steam once in order to authorize and then you can play HL2 as much as you want in single player mode.

Not that this would make many people any happier about it...

Xbox Live: AgtFox
PhreezePeach
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 11:21:54 AM »

hmmph! ... I get all the way to this page even though I say "accept certificate as is and show me the damn page"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome Site/User Administrator

Please select the language:  

Site Administrator    Login

To log into the Site Administrator control panel, click on the Site Administrator link to launch the login screen. Your login is the Site username, your domain is the site's domainname.com and the password is case sensitive. Once you are logged into the Site Administrator, you can change your password.

User Administrator    Login

To log into the User Administrator, click on the User Administrator link to launch the login screen. Your login is your username, your domain is the site's domainname.com and the password is case sensitive. Once you are logged into the User Administrator, you can change your password.

Documentation

Site Administrator Online Help

User Administrator Online Help
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 11:32:47 AM »

My guess is their hosting service crashed and they haven't restored from backup yet.

slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 03:04:40 PM »

Works for me now.

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 03:05:16 PM »

They were doing a server move around Midnight friday night.  The administrator over there posted that it could take upwards of 24 hours for everyone's ISPs to update.
PhreezePeach
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2004, 12:40:22 AM »

Hah,  I had it hardwired in my HOST file from an old troubleshooting session.  The "server move around" comment made me think to look there since I still couldn't connect.  I also rechecked GG in case it was all a big misunderstanding.    :lol:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: