http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 08:35:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pixar-Finding Dory  (Read 1262 times)
Jimmy the Fish
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 10:41:41 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on April 04, 2013, 07:35:49 PM

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on April 04, 2013, 05:11:55 PM

Noticed that Andrew Stanton is the director of this, which is fascinating to me since he was the director of the mega-flop that was John Carter. A buddy of mine who knows people within Pixar says Stanton will never direct another live action film again as long as he is still within the Disney movie collective.

Stanton also directed a little film called "Finding Nemo". And that's...the rest of the story!

Well yeah, I knew he directed Nemo. My point is that unless it's Pixar animated movies, he's not getting any more shots at live action non-Pixar stuff as long as he is associated with Disney. After a colossal flop on the scale of John Carter, I would have expected him to be the fall guy and end up leaving Pixar/Disney, but apparently he is still respected by the leadership at Pixar, thus a second chance to restore his name with Finding Dory.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 06:17:22 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 04, 2013, 08:13:39 PM

Dinsey was notoriously spiraling at the time, in fact, until The Little Mermaid (which they thought would underperform Oliver & Co, by the way) pointed the way.

I loved Oliver and Co.(Just DVR'd it off the new Sky Movies Disney Channel),and although i liked the Little mermaid,i liked the films that came before it more...one reason,the animation,Little mermaid was the turning point in animation for Disney films,where you could usually see the draw lines so to speak on earlier films like 101 Dalmatians or Robin Hood or Basil the Great Mouse Detective,TLM was all smooth for want of a better word,maybe not Computer Animated Smooth(or maybe it was i dunno)like later animated features like The Lion King or Hunchback of Notre Dame..and Disney have pretty much never gone back,and i miss those type of films,i loved virtually seeing the pencil strokes in the animation

I only hope you understand what i mean,LOL

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:34 PM »

Quote from: ATB on April 04, 2013, 09:17:15 PM

Ok, B dubs. I don't want to 

Spoiler for Hiden:
Beat that horse! .

Note: i put the end of that sentence into spoilz because it's so violent.

icon_lol

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: