http://gamingtrend.com
August 20, 2014, 05:08:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paul-New Simon Pegg/Nick Frost film  (Read 811 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »

'Paul' is due out next year,it tells the story of 2 Comic Book geeks,who travel across America and meet an Alien called Paul(voiced by Seth Rogen),all the while agents chasing them(see below for more detailed)

Pegg and Frost have written the movie,while Greg Mottola(Superbad)directs it

Jason Bateman and Sigourney Weaver are also in the movie
IMDB

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) reunite for the comedy adventure Paul  as two sci-fi geeks whose pilgrimage takes them to America’s UFO heartland.  While there, they accidentally meet an alien who brings them on an insane road trip that alters their universe forever.

For the past 60 years, an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) has been hanging out at a top-secret military base.  For reasons unknown, the space-traveling smart ass decides to escape the compound and hop on the first vehicle out of town—a rented RV containing Earthlings Graeme Willy (Pegg) and Clive Collings (Frost).

Chased by federal agents and the fanatical father of a young woman that they accidentally kidnap, Graeme and Clive hatch a fumbling escape plan to return Paul to his mother ship.  And as two nerds struggle to help, one little green man might just take his fellow outcasts from misfits to intergalactic heroes.

Paul is directed by Superbad’s Greg Mottola, from a story by Pegg & Frost.  Joining the comedy’s cast are Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, Blythe Danner, Joe Lo Truglio, John Carroll Lynch, David Koechner and Sigourney Weaver.

i am looking forward to this,i just hope the fact that this time Egdar Wright not directing doesn't lose some of the Shaun of the dead/Hot Fuzz feel(i guess he was busy doing Scott Pilgrim) ...although all 3 will be back together for 'The Worlds End' that is due in 2012

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost on set interview

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »

Awesome. Nick and Simon have a great comedic duo and it's always good to see them together. At first I was a bit off that Edgar wasn't involved or the third in the "blood and ice cream" trilogy was going to be directed by someone else but this sounds good. That the third will be next year is even better.

The extra cast should be interesting too.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:01:41 PM »

Trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv07HOLv2eo&feature=fvst

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZvsP3_t2Sk
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 03:27:06 PM »

They managed to get Sigourney Weaver in it, among other cameos.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 03:54:22 PM »

If you described this movie to me without mentioning the principals, I would think it sounded terrible... but it looks really good...
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »

Can't wait!

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 12:17:58 AM »

Quote from: kratz on December 21, 2010, 03:54:22 PM

If you described this movie to me without mentioning the principals, I would think it sounded terrible... but it looks really good...
+1

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 03:58:00 AM »

I agree, although I don't think it looks very good. That being said, I didn't like the trailers for Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead either and absolutely love both films. Ergo, I'm definitely willing to give this one a chance based on their record.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
envy24

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 03:44:54 PM »

INcredible.... and i know what the wife and i are doing for valentines day!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:48:11 PM by envy24 » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 03:54:07 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on December 23, 2010, 03:58:00 AM

I agree, although I don't think it looks very good. That being said, I didn't like the trailers for Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead either and absolutely love both films. Ergo, I'm definitely willing to give this one a chance based on their record.
concordantly you will probably hate it, vis a vie you will rant about it eventually.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »

I finally got the chance to see this yesterday.  I really enjoyed it.  It started a little slow but it was very funny and touching movie.  Kristin Wiig was hilarious.  And the homage paid to many previous sci-fi movies was very well done and very funny too. 

I reccomend this.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:40:39 AM »

Man, I want to see this so bad, but knowing Seth Rogan does voice work for the alien duder is such a turn-off. God that guy is horrible.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 02:14:10 AM »

Quote from: McBa1n on April 05, 2011, 01:40:39 AM

Man, I want to see this so bad, but knowing Seth Rogan does voice work for the alien duder is such a turn-off. God that guy is horrible.

Yeah, that part of the trailer really put me off as well.  And I'm not necessarily a Rogen hater, it just seemed so out of place with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost and then Seth Rogen's voice as the alien.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: