http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 05:18:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paquiao - Mayweather - NEVER to happen!  (Read 416 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2010, 02:37:06 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/boxing/06/30/mayweather.pacquiao/index.html?eref=sihp

I'd pay to see Pac-Man shut this fool up!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:50:15 PM by leo8877 » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

about time.

go manny!

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:01:41 PM »

Should be an awesome fight.  Juggling!
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 12:29:59 AM »

They had a handshake agreement on terms before and the fight fell apart.  This has no agreement from Mayweather yet, and he's the person who killed the first fight.  If he cannot get some form of massive tactical advantaqe in this fight, he will do so again.  Notice the drug testing (the issue that killed the first fight) is still not decided.  Frankly, this announcement is as solid as the Lebron news of the last two weeks - ie it means nothing.

At this point, I hope this fight never happens.  Let Mayweather keep picking under-sized fighters (jmm at 147? really?) and the elderly.  Actual boxing fans will always no him for what he really is - the most talented coward that may have ever fought.  He might even beat Manny if he ever fights him (he has the ability), but if he does, it's one of only two or three 'dangerous' fights he ever took (other being Zab Judah and Jose Luis Castillo).

Comparison?
Sugar Ray Leonard, in twenty months:
Beat an undefeated prime Wilfred Benitez (HOFer) at his natural weight to win the title
beats a mandatory challenger
fights and loses a decision by a single point to a prime Roberto Duran(HOFer) at his natural weight
Rematched and beat Duran, becoming the first man to stop him
beats a mandatory challenger
moves up a weight class and beats undefeated champion Ayub Kalule
Drops down a weight class and beats an undefeated prime Thomas Hearns(HOFer) at his natural weight

In less than two years (before his retina detached) he fought more Hall of Famers in their prime than Mayweather has his whole career.  At this point, screw Mayweather.  I want to see him keep avoiding the likes of Paul Williams (who realistically should be no where near the welterweight class), Margarito (an easy but potentially looooong night for PBF), Berto (a complete question mark at this stage of his career), hell everyone.

Im more excited to see Jean Pascal versus Chad Dawson.  Hopefully, this will FINALLY be the fight to make Dawson drop the couple of pounds and go Super middle.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 04:41:35 PM »

Mayweather won't fight Pacquiao because it's a health risk he says.  LOL.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7880510/floyd-mayweather-basic-common-sense-manny-pacquiao-uses-performance-enhancing-drugs
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:50:40 PM by leo8877 » Logged
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 05:45:02 PM »

Floyd Merryweather is a douchebag. One of the worst boxing champs ever.
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 05:52:12 PM »

He'll go down in history as a punk.  He could have been one of the greatest ever, but the greatest seek out good fights, not hide from them.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 06:12:27 PM »

Quote from: McNutt on May 02, 2012, 05:52:12 PM

He'll go down in history as a punk.  He could have been one of the greatest ever, but the greatest seek out good fights, not hide from them.

Paquiao needs to channel Clubber Lang.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:31 PM »

The sad part is that Mayweather would probably destroy Paquiao, he is the more accurate puncher and people have a harder time landing punches on Mayweather. Too bad both have been such pussies over this fight.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: