http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:03:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar Awards-Updated with each award by me.  (Read 1636 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2005, 01:45:56 AM »

First award:
Art Decoration: The Aviator

Second Award:
Wow-best supporting actor this early??
Best Supporting Actor: MORGAN FUCKING FREEMAN!! About goddamned time!

Third Award:
Animated Feature Film: YAY!!!! THE INCREDIBLES!!! WOOOOTTTT.

Fourth:
Best Make-Up: Lemony Snicket. No opinion cause I dont really care smile

God I hate Beyonce Knowles. So incredibly fucking overrated. butchered that french song.

Fifth:
Best Costumes: The Aviator. Ok, I am a little suprised by this. All these supporting Oscars makes me wonder if the aviator is going to get shafted later.

Sixth:
Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchette, The Aviator. She was gaining some serious momentum from what I read the last several weeks, probably as a result of the whole Aviator momentum gaining steam. I think Madsen and Sideways just faded out a tiny bit as we got closer to the awards. This might not bode well for Sideways.

Seventh:
Best Documentary Feature: Born Into Brothels I knew NOTHING about this pic, but I think its a huge upset over Super Size Me, which I read in quite a few places had most of the buzz.

Eigth:
Best Editing: Lady from the Aviator Hmm. The aviator is gaining serious steam now. I think its an absolute lock for either Best Picture or Best Picture right now. I didn't realize it had this much momentum. Too bad my sentimental pick, collateral didnt win smile

Ninth:
Best Adapted Screenplay: Sideways Not terribly suprised here. Seems awfully like a make-up Oscar to me, it really does. I have a feeling the film will be shut out other than this.

Honorary Oscar: Sidney Lamet

I still hate Beyonce.

Tenth:
Live Action Short Film: Wasp, Andrea Arnold. Another movie I know nothing aboutl.

Eleventh:
Animated Short Film: Ryan, Chris Landreth. Ditto above commentary.

Twelfth:
Best Cinematography: Robert Richardson, The Aviator. A little suprised by this, the Aviator is really sweeping these awards, which often points directly towards a best picture nod.

Thirteenth:
Sound Mixing: Ray. This makes sense.

Fourteenth:
Sound Editing: The Incredibles. Great! I thought this might get it, glad the Incredibles won again!

Fifteenth:
Documentary Short: Mighty Times: The Children's March. Um, ok?

Sixteenth:
Best Original Score: Finding Neverland. Ok, cool.

Sad, moving tribute to Hollywood's recently deceased. Lots of big names on that list. Yo Yo Ma continues to absolutely rule, on a lighter note.

I still hate Beyonce, and she has some fat, fat thighs to go along with that jelly. Yuck.

Seventeenth:
Best Original Song: Song from Motorcycle Diaries.

Eighteenth: Ooh finally a biggie!
Best Actress: Hillary Swank, Million Dollar Baby! From all accounts, she is very deserving of it. Two best actress oscars. This girl is going to be a serious power over the course of her career if shes careful with her roles and avoids the next The Core.

Nineteenth:
Foreign Language Film: The Sea Inside. Absolutely no suprise here. This was a lock.

Twentieth:
Original Screenply: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Charlie Kaufman wins again. Wow. I really didnt like this movie, so I will pass on the commentary.

Twenty-first: Ok, finally, another biggie!
Best Actor: Jamie Foxx, Ray! No suprise whatsoever. I think we all saw this coming.

Twenty-second:
Best Director: CLINT EASTWOOD!! Who the hell doesn't think Clint rocks the house? What a super man, and it took him long enough to finally become a Hollywood legend for his skill as well as his action movie fame. Poor Scorcese. He will win it one day, just ran up against a brick wall tonight.

Twenty-third, and final:
Best Picture: MILLION DOLLAR BABY!!! Wow, this IS an upset. The momentum was clearly with the Aviator, but the Clint love won out!

A few concluding thoughts. I enjoyed Chris Rock, a lot. He is well spoken, very clever, funny, and more than willing to poke fun at absolutely EVERYONE. I feel like now that he has proved he wont burn down the theather or end every sentence with "RIGHT NIGGAS?" they might let him off the hook a bit if they invite him back. All in all, what I would call a successful, if uneventful debut. Far better than whoopi goldberg, dave letterman, and just about every other recent host.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 02:22:02 AM »

IIRC, there is always a best supporting actor or actress award at the beginning.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 04:00:47 AM »

I still hate Beyonce.

wtf is she doing singing everything?  What the hell does she have to do with any of the nominated songs?

I hate BN as well.  I'm actually more fond of BM's.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 04:06:02 AM »

Chris Rock is awful in this.  He's SO neutered.

More Yo-Yo Ma, please.

Less songs.  More orchestral performances.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Semaj

View Profile
Heh
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 04:15:38 AM »

Ive determiend its a lot easier to NOT watch it, and just see who wins later on.  Saves hours of torture and pain.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 04:16:28 AM »

Thats why I am doing this thread Semmy!! Just read the updates! im updating within seconds of the award.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 04:34:04 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Thats why I am doing this thread Semmy!! Just read the updates! im updating within seconds of the award.

It's almost better then watching tv!  Thanks Rage.  Just heard from the g/f watching upstairs that clinty won best director.  I guess.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 04:35:38 AM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"

It's almost better then watching tv!  Thanks Rage.  Just heard from the g/f watching upstairs that clinty won best director.  I guess.

Yep, just got it up smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 04:39:09 AM »

Quote from: "RightBastard"

Yep, just got it up smile

Anddd...we are done!!! Grats Clint baby!
Semaj

View Profile
lol
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 04:44:00 AM »

Guess I should go see it, eh?

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 04:50:51 AM »

Clint Eastwood rules!

Aaayyyeee ayyeee ayyy  waahh waahh waahhhhnnn!
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 05:20:46 AM »

This is very, very offensive, but it kinda made me laugh, only because I was expecting it. Harry Knowles' running Oscar commentary ended as such:

BEST DIRECTOR

Julia Roberts hits the stage to present BEST DIRECTOR... the nominees... Scorsese, Eastwood, Hackford, Payne and Leigh. And the winner is: FUCKING EASTWOOD. GOD DAMN THIS FUCKING ACADEMY! FUCK THEM, THIS and THAT! So... apparently Scorsese just is gonna have to get one of those honorary Oscars. HOLY SHIT - Clint's MOM is in the audience. Dammit. Damn Damn Damn Damn it. Crack Geriatrics team. God I love Eastwood, but not this movie. FUCK.

BEST PICTURE

Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand present the nominees: THE AVIATOR, FINDING NEVERLAND, MILLION DOLLAR BABY, RAY and SIDEWAYS. And the Oscar goes to: FUCK the Goddamn MILLION DOLLAR BABY with a coathanger in a back alley. FUCK THIS! I'm out of here!

Needless to say that Harry didn't think much of Million Dollar Baby. I wondered how he'd react if Aviator lost to Baby.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 06:16:12 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
This is very, very offensive, but it kinda made me laugh, only because I was expecting it. Harry Knowles' running Oscar commentary ended as such:

BEST DIRECTOR

Julia Roberts hits the stage to present BEST DIRECTOR... the nominees... Scorsese, Eastwood, Hackford, Payne and Leigh. And the winner is: FUCKING EASTWOOD. GOD DAMN THIS FUCKING ACADEMY! FUCK THEM, THIS and THAT! So... apparently Scorsese just is gonna have to get one of those honorary Oscars. HOLY SHIT - Clint's MOM is in the audience. Dammit. Damn Damn Damn Damn it. Crack Geriatrics team. God I love Eastwood, but not this movie. FUCK.

BEST PICTURE

Dustin Hoffman and Barbara Streisand present the nominees: THE AVIATOR, FINDING NEVERLAND, MILLION DOLLAR BABY, RAY and SIDEWAYS. And the Oscar goes to: FUCK the Goddamn MILLION DOLLAR BABY with a coathanger in a back alley. FUCK THIS! I'm out of here!

Needless to say that Harry didn't think much of Million Dollar Baby. I wondered how he'd react if Aviator lost to Baby.

I really, honestly, despise this harry knowles clown.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 10:18:58 PM »

Rage, tell me what you think about him after reading what he thinks were the five biggest flaws with this year's Oscars production.

The previous quote from Harry Knowles may be obnoxious, but that's only because he has felt that MDB has unfairly overshadowed better films, and that the glowing reviews all came from reviewers who walked into the theatre all ready praising the flick because of who was involved in its creation.

(I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby, The Aviator, Ray, Finding Neverland, or Sideways, so I can't comment at all.)

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 11:56:02 PM »

I had it on but was gaming and not watching because i hate Chris Rock so much. I looked up to see Beyonce start singing and quickly muted it.. I left it that way till I glanced up and saw Clint Eastwood on. Damn the guy is old..poor Clint..Ill always remember him as the stranger in the westerns and Dirty Harry.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 12:03:29 AM »

I enjoyed Chris Rock, a lot. He is well spoken, very clever, funny, and more than willing to poke fun at absolutely EVERYONE. I feel like now that he has proved he wont burn down the theather or end every sentence with "RIGHT NIGGAS?" they might let him off the hook a bit if they invite him back. All in all, what I would call a successful, if uneventful debut. Far better than whoopi goldberg, dave letterman, and just about every other recent host.

I really like Chris Rock, but I just can't imagine him being so bland and, as proner said, neutered.  That said, he has been getting slammed all over the place and the ratings were down 5% over last year.  I think he is a great comedian but the Oscars are just too uptight for his style.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: