http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 04:31:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 90   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO off line for a short time  (Read 225928 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 10, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 10, 2008, 12:58:02 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 10, 2008, 11:34:14 AM

btw - I wonder how its going with OO? and the whole restortion project?

We refrazzled the underdrives yesterday and it seems like the majority of the bellwhistles are up to spin.  The plan today is to reconstitute the yellow shufflers, so as long as we get 85-90% in pre-state we'll be able to dive right into repairing the flax bridge tomorrow.

Let me know if you need assistance with the flax bridge. They are something I have to deal with regularly at my job. I would offer the same for the shufflers, but we use the orange.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 10, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 10, 2008, 11:34:14 AM

and the whole restortion project?

is that the opposite of distortion?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 10, 2008, 03:56:22 PM »

My understanding is that OO is on the way but has been detained by Homeland Security by request of the TSA.  Apparently the tentacle readers aren't in place at the airports and one of the Overlords refused to take off all eight shoes to pass through security.  Also a refusal to place all liquids in a 1 quart plastic bag has complicated matters.  The last straw was when the laptop wouldn't boot up at first and then when it did it would only show a collage of PeteRock and Hepcat images plus unidentified manboobs.  I think that "Guantanamo Bay" was heard being mentioned.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
St_Dysan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 11, 2008, 05:02:22 PM »

I'M GAY!!!
St_Dysan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 11, 2008, 05:02:45 PM »

shit, wrong website  paranoid
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 11, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »

Quote from: St_Dysan on June 11, 2008, 05:02:45 PM

shit, wrong website  paranoid

It's okay to be happy.  Don't worry.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 11, 2008, 05:30:22 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 10, 2008, 06:53:11 AM

try Snøfler instead! Its a wondercure that works against anything from a cold, to depression to lack of money...anything!

Ubik now comes in a spray can.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 11, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »

Quote from: St_Dysan on June 11, 2008, 05:02:22 PM

I'M GAY!!!

Then maybe you can research an answer for me.

Why won't they let me into lesbian bars?  They welcome single straight women into gay bars.  Why don't they welcome single straight men into lesbian bars?

Edit:

BTW Lesbian bars must be a license to print money.  If you ever drive by one on weekend night people park blocks away to wait in line to hang out in one.  I don't normally even think about waiting in line to pay a cover to pay too much for drinks to get into a dance club.  But the allure of the lesbian bar totally has me under it's spell.

Edit:

Quote from: TK-421 on June 11, 2008, 05:30:22 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 10, 2008, 06:53:11 AM

try Snøfler instead! Its a wondercure that works against anything from a cold, to depression to lack of money...anything!

Ubik now comes in a spray can.

So does concrete
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 05:48:51 PM by LordMortis » Logged
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 11, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 11, 2008, 05:39:23 PM

Quote from: St_Dysan on June 11, 2008, 05:02:22 PM

I'M GAY!!!

Then maybe you can research an answer for me.

Why won't they let me into lesbian bars?  They welcome single straight women into gay bars.  Why don't they welcome single straight men into lesbian bars?

Edit:

BTW Lesbian bars must be a license to print money.  If you ever drive by one on weekend night people park blocks away to wait in line to hang out in one.  I don't normally even think about waiting in line to pay a cover to pay too much for drinks to get into a dance club.  But the allure of the lesbian bar totally has me under it's spell.
Dress in drag and they will let you in. ninja

It's how I say Hello - Richard
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 11, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 11, 2008, 05:45:47 PM

I can't pull off dressing in drag any more.  frown  ... Which sucks doubly because ChaosRaven said he'd buy my beers at the bar if I wore fishnets and a collar.   crybaby
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:00:47 PM by LordMortis » Logged
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: June 11, 2008, 06:01:58 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 11, 2008, 05:58:34 PM

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 11, 2008, 05:45:47 PM

I can't pull off dressing in drag any more.  frown  ... Which sucks doubly because ChaosRaven said he'd buy my beers at the bar if I wore fishnets and a collar.   crybaby
Hot cross-dresser or hideously hairy and ugly cross-dresser they will let you in.  You are not trying to look good going in since you are not going to be getting any action anyway.  In that it will be like any other night out for you (yes, and for me. sigh.)

LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 11, 2008, 06:09:45 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 11, 2008, 06:01:58 PM

Hot cross-dresser or hideously hairy and ugly cross-dresser they will let you in.  You are not trying to look good going in since you are not going to be getting any action anyway.  In that it will be like any other night out for you (yes, and for me. sigh.)

While there may not be much of it and it's mostly in hiding, I do still have my pride.  I will not wear a blouse, skirt, and heels any more and unless I could be proud to don them.  If I ever get back down to my bikini weight, I'll consider it.

Oh, to recapture some of the glory years when I could show off my natural hour glass figure.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 11, 2008, 06:31:55 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 11, 2008, 06:09:45 PM

While there may not be much of it and it's mostly in hiding, I do still have my pride.  I will not wear a blouse, skirt, and heels any more and unless I could be proud to don them.  If I ever get back down to my bikini weight, I'll consider it.

Oh, to recapture some of the glory years when I could show off my natural hour glass figure.

You guys have been on the border for years, but have now officially crossed into Creepmeoutville.  slywink

Orgull

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 11, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 11, 2008, 06:31:55 PM

You guys have been on the border for years, but have now officially crossed into Creepmeoutville.  slywink
If there was ever proof that we need OO back more than ever, there it is.

Please hurry.  icon_cry

Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 11, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »

Quote from: Orgull on June 11, 2008, 06:47:55 PM

Please hurry.  icon_cry
Hey!  Don't lump me in with that behavior.  I do not cross-dress.  Only Chaosraven and LordMortis do.  The fact that they are my two best friends means nothing.  Nothing, I tell you.

LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 11, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 11, 2008, 06:58:16 PM

Hey!  Don't lump me in with that behavior.  I do not cross-dress.  Only Chaosraven and LordMortis do.  The fact that they are my two best friends means nothing.  Nothing, I tell you.

You only say that because you were in the basement for so long.

All we ever heard was "OK, Precious. Time for a little treat.  Precious!  Come on, girl!  Come on, Precious.  Come on, Precious!  I got a yummy snack for ya!"  And then it was with the crying.  Always the crying.  Talk about disturbing.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 11, 2008, 07:57:44 PM »

This thread reminds me of MTV. Started off fine but after awhile it turned to crap. Now I don't watch except when I'm flipping channels.

Ye Olde Farte
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1777 on: June 11, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 11, 2008, 07:08:52 PM

You only say that because you were in the basement for so long.

All we ever heard was "OK, Precious. Time for a little treat.  Precious!  Come on, girl!  Come on, Precious.  Come on, Precious!  I got a yummy snack for ya!"  And then it was with the crying.  Always the crying.  Talk about disturbing.

I had two best friends in a circle of 7 friends (just out of high school). D&D, the bar, whatever.. the three of us were inseperable. Then, one day, this little minx named Disa came into the picture (cute, short, a little too boyish/nymph-like for my taste) started dating 4 of the guys (behind each other's backs).

Yeah, that destroyed the friendships for a long time; the group scattered. My two compadres? One is married and is now looking to get a sex-change (which is very confusing to me), the other is gay.

Moral of the story: avoid things named "Disa".

PS. DBT, shouldn't you be out yelling at kids to get offa yer effen lawn?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »

Quote from: dbt1949 on June 11, 2008, 07:57:44 PM

This thread reminds me of MTV. Started off fine but after awhile it turned to crap. Now I don't watch except when I'm flipping channels.

It has jumped the shark so many times that they are now building a bridge.  However, despite all the comments earlier from Rip, et al that they realize that communication is really important, the communications have dried up again.  Besides the rare "it will be back soon" comment that never turns out to be true.  I'm really starting to get bitter about this, and I don't know why!

LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 11, 2008, 08:40:01 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on June 11, 2008, 08:18:33 PM

It has jumped the shark so many times that they are now building a bridge.  However, despite all the comments earlier from Rip, et al that they realize that communication is really important, the communications have dried up again.  Besides the rare "it will be back soon" comment that never turns out to be true.  I'm really starting to get bitter about this, and I don't know why!

I would suggest that it is because if OO dies and no one can provide verification then we will never know who lost the ThreadKillah contest.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 11, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 11, 2008, 08:40:01 PM

I would suggest that it is because if OO dies and no one can provide verification then we will never know who lost the ThreadKillah contest.
Well, if OO dies, I would imagine Rip wins.

Just a little hiccup.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 11, 2008, 09:28:13 PM »

Quote from: Orgull on June 11, 2008, 06:47:55 PM

Please hurry.  icon_cry

Dont believe a word this one says - he may not be who you think he is, or even who HE thinks we think he is!

A new one
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 11, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »

Awesome.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 11, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »

This page has caused a few disturbing images to leap to my mind.  Help me, OO, you're my only hope!   
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1784 on: June 11, 2008, 10:26:09 PM »

if you are expecting salvation from the glee club, you'll be waiting a long fricken time.  best bet is to just combine these two items.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: June 12, 2008, 12:14:50 AM »

What happened to going ahead with a new and improved forum and linking in the old stuff later?
Hrnac
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: June 12, 2008, 12:17:38 AM »

Well if the old OO is indeed not returning, then I would think that the OO community investigate launching "OO, the next generation". Start over and get up and running. Then perhaps a solution could be founf to possibly roll back and readd the prior database. If not, then lets just move forward with a new OO.

-Hrnac

Never do today what can be done tomorrow.
Zaxxon

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: June 12, 2008, 12:31:10 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on June 12, 2008, 12:14:50 AM

What happened to going ahead with a new and improved forum and linking in the old stuff later?

The old stuff threatened to appear... 

Real soon now, we think.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: June 12, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on June 12, 2008, 12:14:50 AM

I mentioned it over at Popehat, but there was a problem with the new host (heh). At least we found that out pretty quickly.

Also, what Zaxxon said.
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1789 on: June 12, 2008, 02:05:57 AM »

Quote from: Hiccup on June 11, 2008, 08:55:45 PM

Hmmmm?
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: June 12, 2008, 02:15:58 AM »

Just to add the is a person known by many who has been seated as the Director of Octopusland Security. Once confirmations are complete we shall never be threatened by disaster/terror strikes again.

We have a VM up and old content already expanded to folders there. I am hopefull we may have some major progress this weekend. Pray to the overlords!
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: June 12, 2008, 02:23:31 AM »

Excellent news,  the Overlords are pleased!

ps: thanks for the update Rip!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1792 on: June 12, 2008, 03:49:40 AM »

In other OO related news, could it be that Crowley is finally facing justice and/or has been identified?

Trial jurors were scheduled to travel Wednesday afternoon to the 9th Circuit's Southern California building in suburban Pasadena to view the movies, which depict bestiality and fetishes involving feces and urine. The panel includes eight men and six women. Two will be designated alternates later in the trial.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,365701,00.html
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: June 12, 2008, 01:00:34 PM »

On a related note,

Why is it that we sometimes design devices that require power and that we design that power to have a level control and we design that level control to exceed the maximum reasonable potential for the device?

Why would you make a radio (or amp or whatever) and have the power level go to ten on them where ten is designed to exceed what the amp or speakers can handle?  Why is the accelerator in your car explicitly designed to give enough vroom to red line and blow your engine?  And yet on a lawn mower where you don't control the throttle as you driving, they put a governor on the engine.   icon_confused  And at the same time, they're smart enough make High on my oven not kick out so much flame that I burn down my house.  They know enough to make high my electric mixer not burn out the mixer motor.  (They don't however sell a "cheap" mixer with enough strong enough motor to mix gingerbread.  Kiss that thirty bucks as well as an expensive batch o' gingerbread goodbye.  I hate you, molasses.)  Yet sure enough if I go to charge a battery on high, I'll melt the transformer on the charger every time I walk away.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: June 12, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 12, 2008, 01:00:34 PM

On a related note,

Why is it that we sometimes design devices that require power and that we design that power to have a level control and we design that level control to exceed the maximum reasonable potential for the device?

Why would you make a radio (or amp or whatever) and have the power level go to ten on them where ten is designed to exceed what the amp or speakers can handle?  Why is the accelerator in your car explicitly designed to give enough vroom to red line and blow your engine?  And yet on a lawn mower where you don't control the throttle as you driving, they put a governor on the engine.   icon_confused  And at the same time, they're smart enough make High on my oven not kick out so much flame that I burn down my house.  They know enough to make high my electric mixer not burn out the mixer motor.  (They don't however sell a "cheap" mixer with enough strong enough motor to mix gingerbread.  Kiss that thirty bucks as well as an expensive batch o' gingerbread goodbye.  I hate you, molasses.)  Yet sure enough if I go to charge a battery on high, I'll melt the transformer on the charger every time I walk away.

Human beings must be given the choice to be self-destructive.  Tongue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: June 12, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 12, 2008, 01:00:34 PM

Why would you make a radio (or amp or whatever) and have the power level go to ten on them where ten is designed to exceed what the amp or speakers can handle?
If the speakers are separate from the radio/amp then the radio/amp doesn't know how far it can drive the speakers.  Also, if your audio source happens to be very quiet you might have to turn the amp past its expected maximum to make it audible.  Lastly, some of these electronics seem to lose strength over time, so you might have to turn the volume higher than you previously had to do reach the same loudness.

Why is the accelerator in your car explicitly designed to give enough vroom to red line and blow your engine?
If your car can't hit the redline in 1st gear then your top speed is going to be limited to 15-20 mph.  Since we want car engines to be strong enough to move us at 65-80 mph, they're naturally going to be overpowered for speeds lower than that.

And yet on a lawn mower where you don't control the throttle as you driving, they put a governor on the engine.
Lawn mower designers know exactly how fast they want the blades to spin, so they can design the mower to spin at exactly that speed.  If our world's driving infrastructure was designed to have every car moving at a set speed all the time then you'd see a similar limitation--kind of like the gas-powered "race cars" that follow a metal rail in amusement parks.

Similar limitations exist by design for your oven and electric mixer.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: June 12, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »

Quote from: Rip on June 12, 2008, 02:05:57 AM

Quote from: Hiccup on June 11, 2008, 08:55:45 PM

Hmmmm?

Wasn't a shot at you, just a poorly phrased joke.

Just a little hiccup.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1797 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »

We are so far off topic that I can't even SEE the topic from here, but...

If our world's driving infrastructure was designed to have every car moving at a set speed all the time then you'd see a similar limitation--kind of like the gas-powered "race cars" that follow a metal rail in amusement parks.
I wonder, with the fuel craziness escalation going on the way it is will we see eventual regulation that lock down a car to >85 or something similar?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: June 12, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 12, 2008, 01:44:32 PM

I wonder, with the fuel craziness escalation going on the way it is will we see eventual regulation that lock down a car to >85 or something similar?

I like your thinking.  The expressway would be much easier to deal with if we required all cars to drive >85.

Edit:

frown

We are so far off topic that I can't even SEE the topic from here, but...

The point may be hard to see but it is there.  The topic is that OO has no gogo juice.  It went beyond two steps beyond and then fall down and go boom.  I never let a topic I participate in digress.  I'm a total stickler for topicalnessitude.  I am the ointment for that mysterious rash you picked up when you went south of the border.  I am that tray full of yellow goo that smells like rotting corn that they put out in public schools for rats and mice step onto and never be able to step off of.

I think stickle needs to be my word for the day.  I'd think that to stick and to stickle and therefore being sticky and being stickler would all come from the same root.  Dictionary.com would tell me I'm wrong though.  Being Sticky aparently comes from

"[Origin: bef. 900; ME stiken, OE stician to pierce, thrust; akin to G stechen to sting, L -stīg- in instīgāre (see instigate), Gk stízein (see stigma)] "

Whereas stickler comes from

"[Origin: 1520–30; var. of obs. stightle to set in order, freq. of stight to set in order, ME stighten, OE stihtan to arrange; c. G stiften, ON stétta to set up]"

Who'da thunk it?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 02:13:44 PM by LordMortis » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: June 12, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 12, 2008, 01:53:15 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 12, 2008, 01:44:32 PM

I like your thinking.  The expressway would be much easier to deal with if we required all cars to drive >85.

This gives me an idea for a movie!  We could call it....Velocity.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 90   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: