http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 12:34:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO off line for a short time  (Read 221366 times)
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: June 01, 2008, 04:02:47 AM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on June 01, 2008, 03:58:19 AM

Here's a radical idea.  Instead of running off and trying to create a new front page from scratch, why don't you stay here.  I'm talking about creating a true sister site relationship like Gone Gold and Console Gold back in the day.

KD could lock the PC forum and link to OO for PC discussion.  You could lock you Console forum and link to GT.  You could even work out a unified User list/log on if you wanted.  Both sites would keep their other forums and mods.  (Though unified trade and deal areas might be considered as well)

The GT front page could highlight hot topics on both boards with direct links.  I'm sure something like that is in the redesign anyway. icon_razz  OOer's could chip in with PC news, interviews and maybe even reviews. I believe KD has mentioned time when he's had more games than reviewers. 

There are a lot of details that would have to be worked out, but if you're considering building something from scratch, perhaps it's an idea to consider.

I think things have been more interesting here lately.  I'd hate to see that end.

I don't think that would be very fair to KD (seems like he'd inevitably end up with even more to do) plus it ignores the distinctions between the two communities and sites.  Besides, OO is more than just a PC gaming site, with activity in other areas as well.   

Maybe as a last ditch effort to save OO, but that doesn't seem to be the situation at the moment.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: June 01, 2008, 04:04:31 AM »

but Zaxxon loves the power OO gave him.  he craves it, it calls out to him in the middle of the night, promising him wealth, fame, bologna sandwiches.....

it's his.... precious.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1642 on: June 01, 2008, 04:20:00 AM »

I think we should celebrate and embrace GT's separateness and distinctiveness.  KD and his band of merry folks have built a kick-ass site --- and under some lousy circumstances, considering how they got shafted a couple of years ago.  GT is its own thing.  It's not GG or OO.  That's a good thing.

Plus, it's like the twenty people in the sinking lifeboat rowing up to the folks in the secure lifeboat and saying "say, can we lash our boat to yours?"

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: June 01, 2008, 04:51:18 AM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on June 01, 2008, 04:20:00 AM

I think we should celebrate and embrace GT's separateness and distinctiveness.

Yeah.  There's certainly some of that here.

icon_razz
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: June 01, 2008, 09:51:25 AM »

Here's a radical idea.  Instead of running off and trying to create a new front page from scratch, why don't you stay here.  I'm talking about creating a true sister site relationship like Gone Gold and Console Gold back in the day.

Personally I don't really like that idea.  I'm one of those who have now given up on OO and settled here.  I like it here.  I'd hate to have to use this board for almost everything but then flit over to OO for PC discussion.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 01, 2008, 01:37:16 PM »

Personally I don't really like that idea.  I'm one of those who have now given up on OO and settled here.  I like it here.  I'd hate to have to use this board for almost everything but then flit over to OO for PC discussion.

+1. I'm still a little uncertain why we can't have good PC game discussions over here. Just go over there and start doing it.
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: June 01, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »

I think of it more akin to moving in with my sister after a tornado wipes out my trailer.
She's got a really nice house, great husband and kids to hang around with, and more friends that drop by than I do.
I'd be happy there for a while after a disaster. And I'd greatly appreciate their hospitality.
But it's not my home.
After my lowly trailer got replaced/rebuilt, I'd want to go home.
Nothing against anyone here, or my sister, and I'd still drop by for friendly visits, but I still want my home back.

...edit: but only if all my old stuff is still there...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 01:47:10 PM by Giles Habibula » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 01, 2008, 01:52:26 PM »

Quote from: warning on June 01, 2008, 04:51:18 AM

icon_razz

Hahah that's friggen awesome! How did I miss out on that one?
Tareeq
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1648 on: June 01, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »

That seems awfully unfair to ATB, who's just waiting for the OO people to leave.  Where would ATB go if they stay here?

He can't very well go to the Popehat forum, because I've banned him there.  Sometimes I unban him, just so that I can experience the pleasure of banning him all over again.

Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1649 on: June 01, 2008, 02:32:08 PM »

Quote from: Tareeq on June 01, 2008, 02:16:04 PM

That seems awfully unfair to ATB, who's just waiting for the OO people to leave.  Where would ATB go if they stay here?

He can't very well go to the Popehat forum, because I've banned him there.  Sometimes I unban him, just so that I can experience the pleasure of banning him all over again.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

stirthepot
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: June 01, 2008, 02:40:22 PM »

Huh. I didn't realize you were so sensitive and that I had so offended your take up for the little guy sensibilities.

I assume you've seen that since the initial shock of the influx of old names, posting styles and the like, that anti-OO rhetoric from yours truly has been toned down (admittedly with help from Kevin Grey) and I've mingled quite nicely with OOers- in fact the bump in traffic has been a boon to the site (again to my admitted surprise). 

You're certainly welcome to hold a grudge (which is fair as I assume I went after some people you hold dear) Oddly though, I have seen that you were at times lambasting me and defending me on popehat...so I'll assume that you're in the lambasting cycle at present.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 01, 2008, 02:43:57 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 01, 2008, 01:37:16 PM

+1. I'm still a little uncertain why we can't have good PC game discussions over here. Just go over there and start doing it.

+1

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 01, 2008, 02:47:31 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 01, 2008, 02:40:22 PM

Huh. I didn't realize you were so sensitive and that I had so offended your take up for the little guy sensibilities.

I assume you've seen that since the initial shock of the influx of old names, posting styles and the like, that anti-OO rhetoric from yours truly has been toned down (admittedly with help from Kevin Grey) and I've mingled quite nicely with OOers- in fact the bump in traffic has been a boon to the site (again to my admitted surprise). 

You're certainly welcome to hold a grudge (which is fair as I assume I went after some people you hold dear) Oddly though, I have seen that you were at times lambasting me and defending me on popehat...so I'll assume that you're in the lambasting cycle at present.

ATB has never made me sit in the back of the bus, and I'm from OO.    In fact we game nicely together (and even sing sometimes).   slywink
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 01, 2008, 02:52:43 PM »

OO is different from GT, as others have said. That difference is not just between a Console forum and a PC forum. Frankly, OO was more active in its general forum, and it was much more active in the religion and politics forum. Now there are people asking why we couldn't have the same thing here. It's because GT is not the same as OO. We have people from OO that went to QT3, that went to GT, that went to Popehat, and that didn't go anywhere at all. They all have their reasons for doing so. We certainly won't get them all back at OO when it comes back up, but we can at least try to get back to that great mix we had going before this whole fiasco began.

So if you're not going to post on OO or whatever, that's cool. Just don't begrudge those of us who find GT a great place to visit but miss our homes.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:43 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 01, 2008, 01:52:26 PM

icon_razz

Hahah that's friggen awesome! How did I miss out on that one?

you were probably drunk

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 02, 2008, 02:38:36 PM »

So if you're not going to post on OO or whatever, that's cool. Just don't begrudge those of us who find GT a great place to visit but miss our homes.

I don't begrudge it, I just think it's highly unrealistic to expect that we're going to "get the band back together" overnight. If nothing else it will be an interesting social experiment.
Hemlock Bones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 02, 2008, 03:11:23 PM »

I find that I can lurk equally well on several sites.  I'll be back at OO but GT stays bookmarked as part of my daily reading.  nod
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 02, 2008, 03:41:20 PM »

Quote from: Rip on June 01, 2008, 03:40:19 AM

Saturday dude. The only one that went in there today was me. You can't tell the stuff I moved around? I guess we will need to have a contest to see who can spot stuff as it moves.

It looks like the black and brown chairs have been moved. Still no people in the picture...

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 02, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »

I saw a couple of guys 20 minutes ago. They were drinking beer I think.

Ye Olde Farte
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 02, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »

The chairs have moved.
A few seconds ago, I saw a dark figure enter the far back of the room and duck down behind the desk, and never reappear.

I feel like I'm studying video for the Ghost Hunters.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 02, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on June 02, 2008, 04:13:42 PM

The chairs have moved.
A few seconds ago, I saw a dark figure enter the far back of the room and duck down behind the desk, and never reappear.

I feel like I'm studying video for the Ghost Hunters.

maybe you saw....

THE GRUDGE!

icon_eek

Because I can,
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 02, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 02, 2008, 02:38:36 PM

If nothing else it will be an interesting social experiment.

Code Purple! Code Purple! We've been found out!
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 02, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »

Quote from: Gedd on June 02, 2008, 06:53:02 PM

Turns out OO was all really an experiment by Squire_SCA!  icon_eek
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 02, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »

Quote from: Austin on June 02, 2008, 07:06:13 PM

Quote from: Gedd on June 02, 2008, 06:53:02 PM

Turns out OO was all really an experiment by Squire_SCA!  icon_eek

oh god, i remember that whole incident.  hiiiiilarious.   icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1664 on: June 02, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »

icon_razz

I see your high-pitched voice and raise you a desecration of humanity.

icon_twisted

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: June 03, 2008, 12:29:25 AM »

how childish.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 03, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »

Quote from: naednek on June 03, 2008, 12:29:25 AM

how childish.

you're just jealous  icon_wink

Because I can,
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1667 on: June 03, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »

Quote from: naednek on June 03, 2008, 12:29:25 AM

how childish.

Or satirical.

Depending on your Perception stat.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 03, 2008, 01:46:18 AM »

What did he roll?

Ye Olde Farte
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: June 03, 2008, 09:46:18 AM »

Quote from: dbt1949 on June 03, 2008, 01:46:18 AM

What did he roll?

a critical miss, I'm sure ;-)

In other totally unrelated news, I'm rather hungry right now...

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 03, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 09:46:18 AM

What did he roll?

have a danish.

Because I can,
Kyosho
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: June 03, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »

As per my usual...

I MISS OO!

crybaby crybaby crybaby
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: June 03, 2008, 02:46:47 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 03, 2008, 02:28:49 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 09:46:18 AM

What did he roll?

have a danish.

Or just have a bite of Ceekay. We ate him on the raft.. and he was good.
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 03, 2008, 02:50:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 03, 2008, 02:28:49 PM

have a danish.

CeeKay, our own little Falco.

I'm a danish I'm a danish eat me I'm a danish
I'm a danish
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 03, 2008, 03:19:36 PM »

I just saw a snake slithering thru Rip's office. Uh oh!

Ye Olde Farte
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: June 03, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »

Someone sent assasins? thats overdoing it a bit, isnt it?

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 03, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »

Quote from: dbt1949 on June 03, 2008, 03:19:36 PM

that wasn't a snake  unibrow

Because I can,
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 03, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 03, 2008, 03:33:46 PM

That wasn't Rips Office.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: June 03, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 03, 2008, 03:38:57 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 03, 2008, 03:33:46 PM

That wasn't Rips Orifice.

ninja

Because I can,
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: June 03, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »

Are we there yet?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: