http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 01:57:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO off line for a short time  (Read 220316 times)
Mr Bubbles
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 23, 2008, 05:27:40 PM »

Quote from: Muad Dib on May 23, 2008, 05:21:48 PM

Quote from: Gratch on May 23, 2008, 05:01:50 PM

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 23, 2008, 04:52:31 PM

I think those who are getting annoyed with OO being down are more likely annoyed with the lack of updates regarding progress.  From the outside it looks as though TPTB from OO have been sitting on their asses since the 9th.  That is the part that is bothering me.  It has been expressed time and again that folks would like to know how things are going and if they can help but we still get nothing.  OO, to me, was a place of friendship.  This lack of communication is not an act of friendship.  I fully intend to return but how long I remain after that is anyone's guess.  This silence is creating more of a rift than the downtime could ever make.

Well said.  How much effort would it take to put up a two sentence progress update once a week so we at least know something is happening?
Unfortunately, there is very little to say.  We're awaiting the database so that we can upgrade it to a new forum software.  Gedd asked the question he did earlier because there is a fundamental belief amongst TPTB that OO is not a particularly attractive alternative to PH/GT/GWJ/QT3/etc without its history.
I think that might be true, but only to an extent.  The community is looking to piece itself back together.  I think the longer it goes without a common playground the smaller the community will be when it does come back together.
Arnir
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 23, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »

If the question asked is needed for genuine input, might I consider that a separate thread with a poll option be used.  Preferably created by Gedd or Rip so that people know (well might understand) that it is a serious question and not just time killing.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 23, 2008, 05:44:09 PM »

I really am greatful for the 3 1/2 years I spent at OO. A lot of good times there. I'm greatful to Rip for hosting and the "volunteers" for doing what they do to keep things running smoothly.
However................... icon_confused . I've seemed to have broken my fix on the internet in the intervening time. And PC gaming too for that matter. Now I'm pursuing other things such at carving, crafts, shooting, outdoorsy things etc.
I don't know if OO being down has caused me to look at things differently or it was just a natural progression. I suspect the later.
I'm still going to be on line and play PC games but not to the extent I once was. I have found here and Popehat satisfy my online interreacting needs and am not sure how much OO is going to be in my future. Assuming I live that long. icon_eek
 icon_wink

Ye Olde Farte
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 23, 2008, 05:45:37 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on May 23, 2008, 05:31:03 PM

If the question asked is needed for genuine input, might I consider that a separate thread with a poll option be used.  Preferably created by Gedd or Rip so that people know (well might understand) that it is a serious question and not just time killing.

It's not really a serious question as in "What would the community like us to do?". It's a thinking exercise for those asking why we haven't just started clean at this point. It's also something I've given some thought to during this time.

Besides, I have this thread bookmarked. If I add one more bookmark it's going to make the Bookmark pane scroll.

I noticed the Wanderers' site is back up, seemingly with its forum history intact.  Did they get it recovered from Rip or did they have some other form of backup they used?

Rip recovered a lot of what I assume are "customer" databases. Of course the question follows "well if he could do site x, why not OO?". I would assume OO's size has a part to play in it since it probably took longer to recover.

How much effort would it take to put up a two sentence progress update once a week so we at least know something is happening?

Without looking at my post history, I've answered "update?" questions a few times in the last few weeks here. I only update the OO page when there's actually something new to report. Otherwise it would like:

"5/21/08 - Checked the MySQL server, the OO database is not up yet."
"5/22/08 - Checked the MySQL server, the OO database is not up yet."
"5/23/08 - Checked the MySQL server, the OO database is not up yet."

And I am checking it every day.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 23, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on May 23, 2008, 05:31:03 PM

Wait, a thread about whether or not we want it back?  I don't see that accomplishing anything more than drama.

For me personally the historical posts are largely irrelevant.  The search function never worked properly so other than ongoing epic length threads I only really ever looked back a month or two in post history.  If it restarted as a blank slate, as long as people started new threads and replies I would jump right back into my old habits as much as possible. 

I think the real deciding factor on OO's successful return is how much people are willing to pitch in to help jumpstart things once it's up again.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: May 23, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »

The search function never worked properly so other than ongoing epic length threads I only really ever looked back a month or two in post history.

Just one little FYI that I think alluded to earlier, if OO does come back, a forum software upgrade (which would also likely happen at the same time) would significantly improve searching through old posts. I've tested it internally and it works a lot better now.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 23, 2008, 06:10:38 PM »

Quote from: Gedd on May 23, 2008, 05:45:37 PM

How much effort would it take to put up a two sentence progress update once a week so we at least know something is happening?

Without looking at my post history, I've answered "update?" questions a few times in the last few weeks here. I only update the OO page when there's actually something new to report. Otherwise it would like:

And I am checking it every day.

Thanks Gedd.  My comment sounded a lot more snarky than was intended.  I haven't really checked this thread that regularly, so I probably missed some of the updates.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 23, 2008, 06:26:12 PM »

FWIW an updated post saying
would be very welcome from my end.  Even if nothing is happening it shows us that you are just as concerned as we are.  On the other hand, I have no idea how much of a pain in the ass or lack thereof putting that post up is so........

As for OO, the post and thread history is part of it but, as I said before, it was a place of friendship for me and thus the people are far more important.  If the majority of folks migrate back then I will likely come back too (and maybe put "baaaa" into my sig) but if they stay away I will likely stay here with my new friends.  Sorry bout your luck GT.

It's how I say Hello - Richard
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1368 on: May 23, 2008, 06:34:16 PM »

I'd be fine with OO starting fresh. If it were to restart with none of the old threads, I'd still participate. Threads were always being created and dropped and forgotten, it's not like the value of the Board was what had been posted before, it was the people who posted there and the fun that would be had discussing things with them in the future.

I'd gladly vote to load up the new software on the server, reopen OO and start fresh, rather than continue to wait. I'd always been more of an OO guy than a GT guy, but frankly my connection to OO is fading as time continues to go on.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: May 23, 2008, 06:34:35 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 23, 2008, 06:26:12 PM

would be very welcome from my end.  Even if nothing is happening it shows us that you are just as concerned as we are.  On the other hand, I have no idea how much of a pain in the ass or lack thereof putting that post up is so........

As for OO, the post and thread history is part of it but, as I said before, it was a place of friendship for me and thus the people are far more important.  If the majority of folks migrate back then I will likely come back too (and maybe put "baaaa" into my sig) but if they stay away I will likely stay here with my new friends.  Sorry bout your luck GT.

I'm not going to stress on it.  If people stay, fine.  If people go, fine.  I may have been naive enough to try to 'control' people when I first started running CG, but those days are LOOONG behind me.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: May 23, 2008, 06:37:19 PM »

Explain why you constantly try to 'control' me then?  smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1371 on: May 23, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on May 23, 2008, 06:37:19 PM

Explain why you constantly try to 'control' me then?  smile

QUIET YOU!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 23, 2008, 06:52:03 PM »

eek
crybaby

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 23, 2008, 07:04:21 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 23, 2008, 06:34:35 PM

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 23, 2008, 06:26:12 PM

I'm not going to stress on it.  If people stay, fine.  If people go, fine.  I may have been naive enough to try to 'control' people when I first started running CG, but those days are LOOONG behind me.  smile
Actually I was just implying you had the bad luck of keeping me.

It's how I say Hello - Richard
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 23, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

For me the history is very important.  Not for EBG and certainly not for R&P but for the gaming forums.  There is a lot of great information on PC forum that most people don't need anymore, but can be a lifesaver when pulling out an old game.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 23, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »

The only logical thing to do moving forward is to work our way down the alphabet. I propose we start a forum called PP.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 23, 2008, 07:28:23 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on May 23, 2008, 07:17:40 PM

For me the history is very important.  Not for EBG and certainly not for R&P but for the gaming forums.  There is a lot of great information on PC forum that most people don't need anymore, but can be a lifesaver when pulling out an old game.

It's handy, sure, and a great archive of information, but how much does it contribute to the continued activity of the forum?

I just don't see how someone who started participating in, say, this Off-Topic forum, would become uninterested in staying if they noticed the subforum history only went back 5 pages rather than 145.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 23, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 23, 2008, 07:28:23 PM

It's handy, sure, and a great archive of information, but how much does it contribute to the continued activity of the forum?

I just don't see how someone who started participating in, say, this Off-Topic forum, would become uninterested in staying if they noticed the subforum history only went back 5 pages rather than 145.

Archive information on PC stuff is why the PC forum (combined of course with new postings) was part of the reason why OO was a paradise for PC gamers.  You could go to OO and find old stuff, new stuff and everything in between.  I didn't go to OO for the Off topic stuff because too much of it was crap for me.  Too much of it was a handful of folks talking to each other and more folks that came in, dumped in a thread, padded their posts and moved on.  Some it was great, some of it wasn't.  But to me I came for the PC gaming and stayed for the rest.  Take away the treasure trove of info that was in the PC forum, and I don't see what made OO a nice home for me.  The OT forum here is fine.  The possibilities of the PC forum here are fine. What it lacks is the base that OO had.

And if I didn't make it clear, I have no interest in the number of pages of the gossip forums.  Just, what is to me, the meat forums are what I am discussing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:54:00 PM by Arnir » Logged

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 23, 2008, 08:08:09 PM »

Quote from: Arnir on May 23, 2008, 07:49:59 PM

Archive information on PC stuff is why the PC forum (combined of course with new postings) was part of the reason why OO was a paradise for PC gamers.  You could go to OO and find old stuff, new stuff and everything in between.  I didn't go to OO for the Off topic stuff because too much of it was crap for me.  Too much of it was a handful of folks talking to each other and more folks that came in, dumped in a thread, padded their posts and moved on.  Some it was great, some of it wasn't.  But to me I came for the PC gaming and stayed for the rest.  Take away the treasure trove of info that was in the PC forum, and I don't see what made OO a nice home for me.  The OT forum here is fine.  The possibilities of the PC forum here are fine. What it lacks is the base that OO had.

And if I didn't make it clear, I have no interest in the number of pages of the gossip forums.  Just, what is to me, the meat forums are what I am discussing.

Sorry, I had listed the Console forum initially but it got swallowed in a forum hiccup and then I used Off-Topic as an example the second time.

So take the Console Gaming subforum here at GT, the equivalent of the PC gaming subforum at OO.  The Console subforum has 158 pages filled with great information.  I refer to old threads often when I'm trying to decide on a used game or something.

Tomorrow, pages 6-158 go poof.

That'd suck, for sure, but I don't think it would make anyone stop their usual activity in the forum.  The existing discussions would continue, and new bits of info and gaming news would be posted and talked about.  Other than occasional regrets in not being able to look up useful info that used to be there, there'd hardly be a change.

Tomorrow, pages 1-158 go poof.

That'd really suck, of course, but the only reason it would be more dire than the 6-158 example is because people would be turned off by the blank slate.  Once a few pages of history filled up again it'd be business as usual--you just need the people willing to stick through until those few pages of history are built.
The Mad Hatter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 23, 2008, 09:11:40 PM »

What we've done on the (much smaller) site that I help administer is set up the old database as a separate archive when a site transfer occurred. The new location was fresh, but the old system still existed as a reference if anyone wanted to do so . Seems to me that could work for OO if necessary - have a clean site up and running now and the old database activated as an archive when the time is available to do so.
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: May 23, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »

Quote from: tjg_marantz on May 23, 2008, 07:27:37 PM

The only logical thing to do moving forward is to work our way down the alphabet. I propose we start a forum called PP.

Platypus Pirates!

Spawn of OO Collective
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 23, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »

pron peeps?

A new one
UsulofDoom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:56 PM »

Could i get a definition on "short time"
Are we talking computer time -not
work time -not
dog years - don't think so
human years- not any more.
are we on earth time ,Galaxy time or maybe universal time?
 icon_biggrin
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 23, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

Quote from: UsulofDoom on May 23, 2008, 10:22:56 PM

Could i get a definition on "short time"
Are we talking computer time -not
work time -not
dog years - don't think so
human years- not any more.
are we on earth time ,Galaxy time or maybe universal time?
 icon_biggrin

It's a gaming site, think "when it's done" or "coming Fall '07!, Spring '08!, Fall '08!."
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1384 on: May 23, 2008, 10:46:53 PM »

Quote from: chaosraven on May 23, 2008, 10:11:57 PM

Platypus Pirates!

No, try to follow form:

Piranha Potentates
 icon_wink

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1385 on: May 23, 2008, 10:51:22 PM »

And if I didn't make it clear, I have no interest in the number of pages of the gossip forums. 

Hmmm... no, not quite clear enough yet.  I'll need you to talk about not liking EBG and R&P a few more times.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:26 PM »

You know, www.brutesquad.net seems to be unused....

Austin

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 23, 2008, 11:11:56 PM »

Quote from: Exodor on May 23, 2008, 11:10:26 PM

You know, www.brutesquad.net seems to be unused....

It's used.  I know Bakhtosh has some files on there, including one really cool one of a power station 'sploding. 
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 23, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »

Purge - any chance of adding a poll DNF or OO first?

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 23, 2008, 11:51:11 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 23, 2008, 08:08:09 PM

Sorry, I had listed the Console forum initially but it got swallowed in a forum hiccup and then I used Off-Topic as an example the second time.

So take the Console Gaming subforum here at GT, the equivalent of the PC gaming subforum at OO.  The Console subforum has 158 pages filled with great information.  I refer to old threads often when I'm trying to decide on a used game or something.

Tomorrow, pages 6-158 go poof.

That'd suck, for sure, but I don't think it would make anyone stop their usual activity in the forum.  The existing discussions would continue, and new bits of info and gaming news would be posted and talked about.  Other than occasional regrets in not being able to look up useful info that used to be there, there'd hardly be a change.

Tomorrow, pages 1-158 go poof.

That'd really suck, of course, but the only reason it would be more dire than the 6-158 example is because people would be turned off by the blank slate.  Once a few pages of history filled up again it'd be business as usual--you just need the people willing to stick through until those few pages of history are built.

I can agree with a lot of what you are saying.  But to me losing the info while not losing the community is different than having a long down period that results in the history being gone as well.  The loss of info could lead to the community working to rebuild.  The loss of info after a significant period of no interaction saps a lot of energy and will to rebuild.  Or at least it can.

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 23, 2008, 11:54:31 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on May 23, 2008, 10:51:22 PM

And if I didn't make it clear, I have no interest in the number of pages of the gossip forums. 

Hmmm... no, not quite clear enough yet.  I'll need you to talk about not liking EBG and R&P a few more times.

Okay, I'll try to fit it into my schedule.
I wasn't one of the cool kids so those sections weren't critical to me.  I liked some of EBG and had no use for the drama of R&P but to each their own.  For some folks I imagine there are some really special memories in those archives and for them I hope that they can be recovered.  I'm just saying for me that GT's OT forum can fill the void, but the PC gaming void is bigger.

I'll have my next installment of "Clarity in Mud" soon, kids, so stay tuned!

JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: May 24, 2008, 02:36:16 AM »

Quote from: chaosraven on May 23, 2008, 10:11:57 PM

Platypus Pirates!

I'm down with OPP

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 24, 2008, 03:05:05 AM »

For me (more of a reto-gamer), OO was great. I could post about discovering an old game, and why I was excited about it, and there were a lot of people that knew about that old, obscure game, that got just as excited at I was. I enjoyed those discussions...a lot.

Perusing the PC section here doesn't turn up nearly as many old classics, old non-classics, niche titles, or budget titles. I thrive on those.

Not to say that I couldn't start a few threads here and see what kind of response I get.
In fact, since a lot of OOers are in fact here, that may be the way to go.

I have, in fact recently 're-discovered' an old budget title that I'm really excited about, but I was sorta waiting for OO to come back up so I could discuss it with the 'old crowd' -- I have no idea if all of that old crowd is here though, so I could end up putting an hour's work into a lengthy post, only to have it fall flat on its face, whereas on OO, I know a few people that would be happy to talk about it.

I miss OO. A lot.
I miss browsing the old gaming threads and the shared excitement for obscure PC games.
That said, GT looks to be as close as I'm going to get to a similar group of like-minded people, so I may just do that in-depth post and see what happens.

And damn it, I had 3,500 posts over there, none of them pads. That's akin to losing a journal of a big part of my life.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 24, 2008, 03:12:42 AM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on May 24, 2008, 03:05:05 AM

For me (more of a reto-gamer), OO was great. I could post about discovering an old game, and why I was excited about it, and there were a lot of people that knew about that old, obscure game, that got just as excited at I was. I enjoyed those discussions...a lot.

Perusing the PC section here doesn't turn up nearly as many old classics, old non-classics, niche titles, or budget titles. I thrive on those.

Not to say that I couldn't start a few threads here and see what kind of response I get.
In fact, since a lot of OOers are in fact here, that may be the way to go.

I have, in fact recently 're-discovered' an old budget title that I'm really excited about, but I was sorta waiting for OO to come back up so I could discuss it with the 'old crowd' -- I have no idea if all of that old crowd is here though, so I could end up putting an hour's work into a lengthy post, only to have it fall flat on its face, whereas on OO, I know a few people that would be happy to talk about it.

I miss OO. A lot.
I miss browsing the old gaming threads and the shared excitement for obscure PC games.
That said, GT looks to be as close as I'm going to get to a similar group of like-minded people, so I may just do that in-depth post and see what happens.

And damn it, I had 3,500 posts over there, none of them pads. That's akin to losing a journal of a big part of my life.

Exactly.  It's not just an active PC forum, but an active PC forum of like minded gamers.  Folks at OO liked most kind of PC games, but as someone who preferred strategy and CPRGs, etc., OO was a great place because the other users "got" where I was coming from.  I didn't have to worry about leet speak, etc., and people only caring about the latest twitch games.  It was home. That's the best way I can phrase it for me.

Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 24, 2008, 03:39:23 AM »

From what I can tell, there are a lot of those like-minded PC gamers who visit here, but they always tended to post about PC games over at OO because that's where everyone did that. I would think that GT is pretty close to having that critical mass that could support a good PC Gaming forum here. I'd say go for it.

What I miss about OO is that PC Gaming resource that the forum provided. When I would stumble onto a five-year old game, I could search there (if it worked, that is) and find a solid, informative thread about the game, no matter how obscure it was. For someone like me, who likes to play a lot of niche games, it was a great help.

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: May 24, 2008, 04:27:34 AM »

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 24, 2008, 03:39:23 AM

From what I can tell, there are a lot of those like-minded PC gamers who visit here, but they always tended to post about PC games over at OO because that's where everyone did that. I would think that GT is pretty close to having that critical mass that could support a good PC Gaming forum here. I'd say go for it.

I was thinking about that today. I'd be willing to bet that 10 or 20 new active posters could get the PC gaming section rolling here. The more that start out, the more that will join in. I think we'll start seeing this happen as more & more people begin to give up on OO's return.

What's cool about this is that now we have 2 good communities merged together. At this point, I'd just as soon see everyone stay here. And the best part is that this forum is actually in good, dependable hands. I feel much more secure about our data being preserved here.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 24, 2008, 04:41:22 AM »

Hell, I just wish I could afford a computer that could run new games.  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 24, 2008, 07:37:36 AM »

Why do you all keep implying that you couldn't find what you wanted with the OO search function?  It always worked fine for me, I can't remember ever failing to find a thread I was looking for.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 24, 2008, 07:42:43 AM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on May 24, 2008, 04:27:34 AM

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 24, 2008, 03:39:23 AM

I was thinking about that today. I'd be willing to bet that 10 or 20 new active posters could get the PC gaming section rolling here. The more that start out, the more that will join in. I think we'll start seeing this happen as more & more people begin to give up on OO's return.

What's cool about this is that now we have 2 good communities merged together. At this point, I'd just as soon see everyone stay here. And the best part is that this forum is actually in good, dependable hands. I feel much more secure about our data being preserved here.

The question is why the PC section here hasn't taken off.  Nor has the gaming section taken off over at Popehat.  It makes me wonder if OO was really that much of a PC gaming site after all.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 24, 2008, 12:04:33 PM »

Quote from: Sarkus on May 24, 2008, 07:42:43 AM

The question is why the PC section here hasn't taken off.  Nor has the gaming section taken off over at Popehat.  It makes me wonder if OO was really that much of a PC gaming site after all.

a) because there currently aren't many (any?) hot new pc games being released. and ..

b) people are talking more about OO's missing PC games section, instead of using this one slywink

ETA: one other note, the PC gaming section here is split, and that's another reason the main section is appearing less active. Merge the MMO subforum with the PCG section and it would appear to be hopping right now  (thanks to Age of Conan) nod
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 12:30:56 PM by Jeff Jones » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: