http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO off line for a short time  (Read 218162 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 05, 2008, 02:23:38 PM »

holy crap, I totally didn't realize Cinco de Mayo was here.  someone get me some tequila STAT!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 05, 2008, 03:09:24 PM »

*Pours a shot of Sauza Tres Generaciones on the ground*

"To my hommie OO, may you rest in peace"

*Chugs bottle of Sauza before passing it to Ceekay and then passing out"

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 05, 2008, 03:18:52 PM »

Vaya Con Dios OO!

* CeeKay takes a drink and passes it on before rummaging through morlacs pockets.

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 05, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »

*Ceekay ponders what to do with his new found treasure consisting of 11 pesos and a dry, shriveled jalapeņo.*

morlac00 on PSN
Bakhtosh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 05, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on May 02, 2008, 02:09:18 PM

And oh how they all laugh at me for saying that bowls should be huge and have handles.  Oh they laugh.  They laugh now.  But sure enough, when I found a perfect quart sized bowl with a handle for my cereal and soup bowl, the ex used it all the time.  And then Remus used it all of the time.  When my coworkers see me walking from desk to desk in winter with the cereal bowl from hell complete with a handle and they see that I am carrying a piping how bowl of soup big enough to be the Meal unto himself and I am dancing around with my soup trough all care free and can hold my piping hot soup bowl inches from my mouth so I can siphon it down in matter of seconds they will know envy.  When they see me fit an entire crock pot's worth of chili into a single serving of fuel for future explosive gas complete with several cups of cheese, a large package for crackers, and a half cup of sour cream they will know fear.  They will kneel before the mighty cereal trough with handle.  It is more than a symbol of power.  It is power.

I just need to find the perfect soup bowl for work.  One that screams I am the father of Trent Steel's daughter and I'll totally kick your ass if you say anything bad about her bowl.

A bowl with a handle?  I thought that was called a measuring cup.

Bakhtosh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 05, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »

Quote from: Zero on May 02, 2008, 04:47:30 PM

They just announced the same thing for my company...no more plastics or styrofoam...and the paper cups and bowls will be gone in a few months.  We're all "encouraged" to bring our own silverwear and glass bowls that we can wash out.

So while they are doing that,  efficient.I'm going to make my car 82% percent more efficient.

You should have heard a mechanic friend of mine go off on that thing the other day.

Short version: there's no such thing as free energy.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 05, 2008, 07:30:24 PM »

Ok, enough's enough.

You guys wait here. I'm going to back to regimental HQ for reinforcements.

On the way, I'll pass by the old OO place (I'm sure the gravitational anomalies are gone by now, even though the last two scouts I sent never returned) and if I can get the generator going, I'll send a message back here.

Anyhoo, CeeKay's in charge and I think he'll use his tazer wisely. Surely that birthday cake surprise of his was an aberration and we can all just pretend it never happened.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 05, 2008, 07:46:09 PM »

Quote from: JohnathanStrange on May 05, 2008, 07:30:24 PM

Anyhoo, CeeKay's in charge and I think he'll use his tazer wisely. Surely that birthday cake surprise of his was an aberration and we can all just pretend it never happened.

yep.. abberation... ooooh shiney taser!

Because I can,
Remus West
« Reply #1048 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:31 PM »

CeeKay look!  It's Chaosraven!  Right over there.

/points to opposite side of site.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 05, 2008, 08:30:11 PM »

Quote from: Bakhtosh on May 05, 2008, 06:39:55 PM

Quote from: Zero on May 02, 2008, 04:47:30 PM

They just announced the same thing for my company...no more plastics or styrofoam...and the paper cups and bowls will be gone in a few months.  We're all "encouraged" to bring our own silverwear and glass bowls that we can wash out.

So while they are doing that,  efficient.I'm going to make my car 82% percent more efficient.

You should have heard a mechanic friend of mine go off on that thing the other day.

Short version: there's no such thing as free energy.

With such quality htmlmanship, you know the product has to be good!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: May 06, 2008, 12:31:46 AM »

Quote from: Remus West on May 05, 2008, 08:21:31 PM

CeeKay look!  It's Chaosraven!  Right over there.

/points to opposite side of site.

so CR is an aberration?

Because I can,
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:14 AM »

Fork, meet "OO."
 icon_frown

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 06, 2008, 02:33:55 AM »

There. Are. FORK. Lights!!!  finger
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 06, 2008, 03:02:30 AM »

The fork you say.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 06, 2008, 04:57:55 AM »

What's wrong with saying "fork"? Fork, forkety fork fork! It's not like it's hurting anybody!

Because I can,
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 06, 2008, 05:22:41 AM »

May the fork be with you.
Davidbld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 06, 2008, 05:32:29 AM »

Forken Icehole
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 06, 2008, 07:17:37 AM »

I came to a fork in the road... so I took it.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 06, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »

Because I can,
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 06, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »

Well if nobody else wants Cake...

(buncha damned prudes)

Spawn of OO Collective
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 06, 2008, 01:24:42 PM »

Quote from: chaosraven on May 06, 2008, 12:24:47 PM

Well if nobody else wants Cake...

(buncha damned prudes)

Are you going to make us roll saving throws?
BTW, CR, if you wanted a break from DM'ing, you didn't need to trash the whole OO!

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 06, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »

Well I figured it would be rude to just kill all your characters (across 3 games)

This way nobody figures out it was me.

Spawn of OO Collective
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 06, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »

As spring makes its belated entry to the year, I am noticing a pleasant and long overdue trend.  Skirts are coming back in and sun dresses are going back out.  The world may be a little better place to live in this year.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 05:56:11 PM by LordMortis » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 06, 2008, 04:12:25 PM »

It's a world of laughter,
A world of tears.
It's a world of hopes,
And a world of fears.
There's so much that we share,
That it's time we're aware,
It's a small world after all.

It's a small, small world.

Because I can,
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 06, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »

So you buy a plastic bottle of your favorite non beer beverage.  You twist off the top.  You drink.

Do you put the cap back on after you take your swig?  Would it bother you not to put the cap on?  Try throwing the cap away like we used to do when drank from glass bottles.  Does it drive you nuts not to twist the cap back on after you drink? 

And yet we don't need caps on our glasses or cups or bottles of beer.  Strange.

Why do I ponder this?  I'm glad you bring that up.  I just bought a Coke.  I rarely drink pop any more. 

I take a swig.  I put the cap back on.  I take a swig.  I put the cap back on.  I take a swig.  The cap disappears out of my hand into oblivion.  It made no noise hitting the floor.  It didn't make a million to one shot and fall in one of my pockets.  It's not on the chair. 

And so I found myself on the floor actually looking for bottle cap just I could be comfortable putting the cap on my Coke after I take a swig.  But there was no cap to be found.

I'm now going nuts having a Coke with no cap.  I'm tempted to pour the damned thing out.  I should just go get a cup and pour my Coke into the cup.  I don't need a cap to drink from a cup.  No, wait.  My office has gone green.  There are no cups until I bring a personal one from home.   mad

Speaking of being driven nuts, have you ever had a tree that managed to grow all intertwined with one of your shrubs?  Like the two botanicals were in this permanent state of greenery fucking, if only trees and shrubs could ever get past that whole plant bigotry thing.  (You're a monocot and I'm not a cot at all.  I'm a conifer.)  A bush and a damned tree... Growing in harmony...  Together as one...  Kinda' like how you wish your roses and ivy would grow on that special creeping plant latice work you designed specifically for your roses and ivy.  So when you discover your lawn plants in their public love bird delight display of affection, have you also discovered the tree has been growing there long enough to have a two and half inch trunk?  How the hell do you separate these two?  You can't rip the damned tree out.  You can't poison it.  You can't prune it down to nothing.  That leaves you with a hack saw and you trying not to hack saw the damned shrub you are trying to remove the conjoined tree from.  Man does that suck. 

Warrior really needs to treat yard work more seriously this year and catch unwanted trees growing while they are still saplings that he can hand pull.  I hate yard work.  I'm thinking dynamite is the solution.  I hate yard work but I like to blow shit up.  Dynamite might be the best cure for yard work.  I'm just ascared that without a cap for my pop that I'll end up getting bunch dirt in my tasty beverage.

(This post looks strange with paragraphs.   icon_confused  )
Remus West
« Reply #1065 on: May 06, 2008, 06:38:32 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on May 06, 2008, 06:33:38 PM

(This post looks strange with paragraphs.   icon_confused  )
It took paragraphs to make that look strange to you?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: May 06, 2008, 06:49:41 PM »

I leave the cap off once I take it off.
PointerOO
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: May 06, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »

So seriously is OO ever coming back? Do we have some sort of ETA?
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: May 06, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »

Glad to see I'm not the only one who obsessivly screws the lid back on when drinking a SODA. I think one of the main reasons I do it is because I'm a clutz and bottles are easier to knock over then cups.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1069 on: May 06, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »

Quote from: PointerOO on May 06, 2008, 06:56:37 PM

So seriously is OO ever coming back? Do we have some sort of ETA?

Doesn't look like it.
Remus West
« Reply #1070 on: May 06, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »

Last we heard from Rip it is coming back but has no ETA.  I hope that is still the case.  Actually I hope they have a super secret ETA they are not sharing with us yet.
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1071 on: May 06, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »

I know that folks are working on getting things back together, but don't know any details about what things will look like on the other side, and am pretty sure there isn't an ETA at this time.  I feel confident that the process isn't 99% done and OO is nearly about to go back live, and it's not my place to conjecture its current status.  I wouldn't even conjecture whether or not it eventually will come back up, but I know that there are folks interested in and working on making that happen.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: May 06, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »

"When it's done."

Ye Olde Farte
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: May 06, 2008, 09:14:55 PM »

I put in back on, since when I have finished my tasty beverage I will end up with alternate uses for the bottle.

20 oz? I'm going to stuff minor scraps of skin peeled from my heels in it and if I find an ant I'll scoop him into the realm of Dead Skin. Good for hours of entertainment (I am Legend Ant Farm)

1 liter? Usually I turn a pair of these into water bottles for the nighttime parchquench.
Or extended roadtrip piss bottles.
Make sure to avoiding mixing those up (professional driver on closed course. Do Not Attempt)

2 liter? Perfect size for Koolaid or Crystal Light

Spawn of OO Collective
Hrnac
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 06, 2008, 09:16:44 PM »

Quote from: The Meal on May 06, 2008, 08:15:54 PM

I know that folks are working on getting things back together, but don't know any details about what things will look like on the other side, and am pretty sure there isn't an ETA at this time.  I feel confident that the process isn't 99% done and OO is nearly about to go back live, and it's not my place to conjecture its current status.  I wouldn't even conjecture whether or not it eventually will come back up, but I know that there are folks interested in and working on making that happen.

Why not just move forward and create a new OO?

-Hrnac

Never do today what can be done tomorrow.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1075 on: May 06, 2008, 09:27:39 PM »

Quote from: Hrnac on May 06, 2008, 09:16:44 PM

Why not just move forward and create a new OO?

-Hrnac

The main reason for OO's resuscitation is the huge database of posts made over the years. Although I mostly just toss out one-liners, even I feel proprietary about a few threads...so I can imagine how some of the posters who really put time and effort into their arguments feel about it. Without that history, there would be virtually nothing to draw anyone into a new OO.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 06, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »

I was part of an old bbs (Unix) in the local area (U of M) that had a history reaching back to the early 80s.

Twice the Classics got nuked and only those Items that had been archived by participants made it back.
Just something nostalgic about Late Night Ramblings and Flame Feuds from an era long-gone.

I assume many people felt the same way about GG (which I was never part of)
And currently about OO. (For instance I had 3 DnD games running -well walking really, as well as a 40+ game history of WW games)

Honestly I think it is less of the community and more the scraps of Pixels that people feel attached to. Since portions of the community have washed on up on various shores.

Spawn of OO Collective
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 06, 2008, 10:01:53 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on May 06, 2008, 09:27:39 PM

The main reason for OO's resuscitation is the huge database of posts made over the years. Although I mostly just toss out one-liners, even I feel proprietary about a few threads...so I can imagine how some of the posters who really put time and effort into their arguments feel about it. Without that history, there would be virtually nothing to draw anyone into a new OO.

I don't know what the main reason is but the reason I wait for it is for what it is.  It's gaming site whose proprietor takes and administrators do their best to let it become what it becomes while still being ultimately focused computer gaming.  There are things I'd like to see done differently but none I've seen done closer to what it ought to be.

...If only there was an active front page.  But I guess that costs too much slack.  And I know I am loathe to give up my slack.

tjg_marantz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 06, 2008, 10:02:21 PM »

Hockey tournament... any updates on scores? Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 07, 2008, 12:00:29 AM »

it's time to forget the old history and revise it!!!!

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: