http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 12:31:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO off line for a short time  (Read 221759 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: April 22, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »

(Comes up for air)

Busy, busy, busy. Being pulled down!

(goes back down under)
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 22, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »

I'll be offline for a short time as of

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 23, 2008, 04:45:53 PM »

With OO still down, I must have ten pages of notes of stupid thoughts that I usually purge by typing them down and then never think about them again.  Now I'm keeping something that almost looks like a diary.  Well, like a diary would look if it had nothing to do with your life, actually and was simply composed of sets of a couple lines about stupid incomplete thoughts.  Maybe it's really a poor man's Jack Handy version of a desktop calender.  But it's actually kinda cool.  And even after only two weeks, it will be cool to start going back and trying to figure out what the hell I was thinking at any given moment.  Between my brief writing splats and my picking up a collection of Etker Keret short stories, I've been getting the hankering to actually write...  Something that might even look like writing with some semblance of structure and everything.  I wonder if I have it in me.  I also wonder how hard it would be write in prose while at the same time examining some of the more clever lyrical rhythms similar to what you might see in an early Bruce Springsteen or Eminem or even Eddie Rabbit.  Yeah, I lump them all together.  What're you gonna do about it?  I'm also wondering about different styles of writing like how hard it would be to write non serialised cartoons in a simple collected prose form in short stories or if you could write a full story from a dialog in two limited first person perspectives.  I just need something to write that holds my attention long enough to pursue shaping it into something, preferably round... and not on a bathroom wall or anything.  It'd suck pretty hard to write a something you could be proud of and to have put it on a bathroom wall.  What would happen when you try to take credit for your brilliance?  How do you go the proprietor of the establishment and ask them not to ruin your work?  And if you were all doing your business while you were writing on the wall, the person you are making your plea for bathroom writing preservation to might think the work you were talking about was the corn in your dump or something.  How embarrassing would that be?  I'm pretty certain that I'm better off just keeping notes in small top bound spiral notebook journal type thing.  All I need to do make them round is to rip them out of the notbook and crumple them up.
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 23, 2008, 04:51:29 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on April 23, 2008, 04:45:53 PM

With OO still down, I must have ten pages of notes of stupid thoughts that I usually purge by typing them down and then never think about them again.  Now I'm keeping something that almost looks like a diary.  Well, like a diary would look if it had nothing to do with your life, actually and was simply composed of sets of a couple lines about stupid incomplete thoughts.  Maybe it's really a poor man's Jack Handy version of a desktop calender.  But it's actually kinda cool.  And even after only two weeks, it will be cool to start going back and trying to figure out what the hell I was thinking at any given moment.  Between my brief writing splats and my picking up a collection of Etker Keret short stories, I've been getting the hankering to actually write...  Something that might even look like writing with some semblance of structure and everything.  I wonder if I have it in me.  I also wonder how hard it would be write in prose while at the same time examining some of the more clever lyrical rhythms similar to what you might see in an early Bruce Springsteen or Eminem or even Eddie Rabbit.  Yeah, I lump them all together.  What're you gonna do about it?  I'm also wondering about different styles of writing like how hard it would be to write non serialised cartoons in a simple collected prose form in short stories or if you could write a full story from a dialog in two limited first person perspectives.  I just need something to write that holds my attention long enough to pursue shaping it into something, preferably round... and not on a bathroom wall or anything.  It'd suck pretty hard to write a something you could be proud of and to have put it on a bathroom wall.  What would happen when you try to take credit for your brilliance?  How do you go the proprietor of the establishment and ask them not to ruin your work?  And if you were all doing your business while you were writing on the wall, the person you are making your plea for bathroom writing preservation to might think the work you were talking about was the corn in your dump or something.  How embarrassing would that be?  I'm pretty certain that I'm better off just keeping notes in small top bound spiral notebook journal type thing.  All I need to do make them round is to rip them out of the notbook and crumple them up.

This post perfectly encapsulates the essence of Lord Mortis.

icon_cool

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #844 on: April 23, 2008, 05:15:38 PM »

Quote from: SpaceLord on April 23, 2008, 04:51:29 PM

This post perfectly encapsulates the essence of Lord Mortis.

icon_cool

dr;tl   icon_wink

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #845 on: April 23, 2008, 05:23:39 PM »

dr;tl   icon_wink:

Das verstand ich nicht.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 23, 2008, 05:28:41 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 23, 2008, 05:23:39 PM

dr;tl   icon_wink:

Das verstand ich nicht.

Zu lange; las nicht
Trent Steel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 23, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

insanity

OO is just the means to your end you know.  There are other means at your disposal.

Did you give up on trying to design better parking lots and getting in on the market for lint fuel?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 23, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »

That's some classic LordMortis right there!  icon_lol
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 23, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on April 23, 2008, 05:15:38 PM

dr;tl   icon_wink

If you wanted to, you could just learn better breath control.  The whole thing can be perused in a single breath.  Two if you insist that bathrooms walls a separte thought from not having OO and you are smoker or have asthma. 

Quote from: Trent Steel on April 23, 2008, 06:00:05 PM

Did you give up on trying to design better parking lots and getting in on the market for lint fuel?

I've long since forgotten about those things.  Right now, I'm wondering why bird shit is so pervasive (invasive?  It's surely not evasive.) and yet la shit de animales otheros is only ever seen if you have an inconsiderate dog owner somewhere near where you happen to be.

If I had had a notepad to contemplate the nature of auto containment and naval collections, I could probably revisit lint fueled restructured parking lots.  But I get distracted too easily.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 23, 2008, 06:50:23 PM »

Quote from: Austin on April 23, 2008, 05:28:41 PM

dr;tl   icon_wink:

Das verstand ich nicht.

Zu lange; las nicht

Neinty nein luftballoons.  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: April 23, 2008, 07:01:28 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on April 23, 2008, 06:28:25 PM

I've long since forgotten about those things.  Right now, I'm wondering why bird shit is so pervasive (invasive?  It's surely not evasive.) and yet la shit de animales otheros is only ever seen if you have an inconsiderate dog owner somewhere near where you happen to be.

I see a lot of rabbit crap. I bet dbt see lot of other kinds too.

I think the advantage the birds have is they can hit vertical surfaces and leave very distinctive marks. Not a lot of animals have that sort of capability. The rest have to count on size making their leavings noticeable. Elephants do a good job there.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 23, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 17, 2008, 05:47:37 PM

Quote from: hepcat on April 17, 2008, 05:44:50 PM

Quote from: Arkon on April 17, 2008, 04:45:48 PM

Quote from: PaulBot on April 17, 2008, 04:44:28 PM

Quit standing by the pool and putting your big toe part way in. Time to dive in, OO'ers! Make GT a better place by posting lots of good threads!

As long as those new threads aren't from Zekester talking about how he likes women who "squirt".... boy was that an odd thread.

and don't forget the inordinate amount of shirtless photos he posts whenever a "what do you look like" thread appears...

...i still wake up screaming, "Someone get these pecs off me!"

forget... how could anyone forget...

icon_lol

At least i'm not usually boring  Tongue

« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:13:12 PM by Zekester » Logged

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 23, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »

Oh, and by the way.......i've only posted TWO shirtless pics in all my days 'round here  retard

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 23, 2008, 07:31:04 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on April 23, 2008, 07:17:56 PM

Oh, and by the way.......i've only posted TWO shirtless pics in all my days 'round here  retard

That's two too many, unless you're sporting a set of 38Cs or better.

Oh wait...     icon_eek

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 23, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »

icon_lol

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #856 on: April 23, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 23, 2008, 06:50:23 PM

Quote from: Austin on April 23, 2008, 05:28:41 PM

dr;tl   icon_wink:

Das verstand ich nicht.

Zu lange; las nicht

Neinty nein luftballoons.  icon_twisted

* Purge stabs CeeKay right in the MIND!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 23, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on April 23, 2008, 07:09:42 PM

Quit standing by the pool and putting your big toe part way in. Time to dive in, OO'ers! Make GT a better place by posting lots of good threads!

As long as those new threads aren't from Zekester talking about how he likes women who "squirt".... boy was that an odd thread.

and don't forget the inordinate amount of shirtless photos he posts whenever a "what do you look like" thread appears...

icon_lol

my god, i don't know where the chest ends and the man begins...

(p.s. we were just teasin' ya...although one more shirtless photo and i'll start posting pictures of me in an backless hospital gown bending over to get a twizzler i just dropped.  i don't think anyone wants that, do you?)

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 23, 2008, 08:11:59 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 23, 2008, 07:50:11 PM

icon_lol

(p.s. we were just teasin' ya...although one more shirtless photo and i'll start posting pictures of me in an backless hospital gown bending over to get a twizzler i just dropped.  i don't think anyone wants that, do you?)

(PR raises his hand)

Justa kidding!  Tongue
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: April 23, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »

True story of my wretched childhood: 

I grew up in a very small town in Ohio (took me 2 years to stop pronouncing "wash" as "warsh" after I left for college) so I was a bit (read: a lot) naive.  When I was about 8 one of the other kids on the school bus I rode every day gave me "the bird".  Having no clue as to what this meant, I promptly asked my father what it stood for when I got home that night. 

His response?  "It means you're number 1!". 

...3 days later my parents got a note from my homeroom teacher asking why I was going around flipping everyone off and yelling out, "YOU'RE NUMBER 1!".

p.s. to further illuminate why my mother and father eventually divorced, my mother sat me down after the infamous note from school and explained to me that the middle finger meant "I hate God.". 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 09:31:10 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: April 23, 2008, 09:33:14 PM »

at least it wasn't the pantsless one icon_lol

Because I can,
Inverarity
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 23, 2008, 10:47:00 PM »

Which begs the timeless question....

If hepcat flashes his pantsless one and no one can see it....

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: April 24, 2008, 12:57:46 AM »

Quote from: Inverarity on April 23, 2008, 10:47:00 PM

Which begs the timeless question....

If hepcat flashes his pantsless one and no one can see it....

there's probably nothing to see anyways:

'inequiped as a Ken doll'  Tongue

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: April 24, 2008, 01:36:50 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 23, 2008, 07:50:11 PM

icon_lol

That entirely depends on what happens in the next frame. With an open gown, the bare ass of hepcat, a slightly soiled twizzler and a functional camera we'd find the same circumstances that inspired 2 girls 1 cup.

It'd be goat.se, but(t) with a twist!

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 24, 2008, 02:39:26 AM »

icon_lol

Wait a second, I am boring???

crybaby
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 24, 2008, 02:53:29 AM »

Tongue Nah, not meant personally.

I am....Migaloo
XBL Schins67
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 24, 2008, 02:54:17 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 24, 2008, 02:39:26 AM

icon_lol

Wait a second, I am boring???

crybaby

well, you've never posted a topless shot.....

Because I can,
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 24, 2008, 02:55:30 AM »

So, Rip, any updates?

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 24, 2008, 02:56:14 AM »

Quote from: Arnir on April 24, 2008, 02:55:30 AM

So, Rip, any updates?

his pecs are coming along just fine.

Because I can,
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: April 24, 2008, 07:18:14 AM »

Anyone have Grenards email address?  I was thinking about signing him up for this:  (WARNING: NSFW)

http://dontstayvirgin.movielol.org/main2.php

ninja
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:19:46 AM by Sarkus » Logged

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: April 24, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »

Hold on a minute....
Eddie Rabbit?!?!?
WTF?  eek
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 24, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on April 23, 2008, 07:17:56 PM

I was just now recovering from the first one and all the photoshopped re-treads. frown
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »

As I march closer and closer to buying a car I have to wonder how the voice commands for Sync work.  Do you have to say "Play Artist" to activate your MP3s or can you set commands manually?  How cool would it be to get a bunch of MP3 samples from Knight Rider and talk to your car and have it respond to you in KITT's voice?  That would be right up there with buying spray concrete and "painting" all your furniture concrete, so you could live in Fred Flintsone's house, something I've been thinking about doing for years, with my only fear being that spraying concrete all over electronic devices would probably ruin them.
Remus West
« Reply #873 on: April 24, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on April 24, 2008, 02:12:02 PM

As I march closer and closer to buying a car I have to wonder how the voice commands for Sync work.  Do you have to say "Play Artist" to activate your MP3s or can you set commands manually?  How cool would it be to get a bunch of MP3 samples from Knight Rider and talk to your car and have it respond to you in KITT's voice?  That would be right up there with buying spray concrete and "painting" all your furniture concrete, so you could live in Fred Flintsone's house, something I've been thinking about doing for years, with my only fear being that spraying concrete all over electronic devices would probably ruin them.
Sometime I wonder when you will learn to stop taking expired pharmaceuticals.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 24, 2008, 02:23:21 PM »

if you start making your place look like the Flintstones then you absolutely must get that bear head hat.

Because I can,
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 24, 2008, 02:30:52 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 24, 2008, 02:23:21 PM

if you start making your place look like the Flintstones then you absolutely must get that bear head hat.

Hat's and I just don't seem to jive.  All I can do is an occasional baseball cap or hoodie and that's about it.  I don't know why I don't do hats.  It's not like I actually care about making or not making a fashion statement.  It must be some sort psychological hangup...  Not like have any of those.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 24, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »

Quote from: Purge on April 24, 2008, 01:36:50 AM

That entirely depends on what happens in the next frame. With an open gown, the bare ass of hepcat, a slightly soiled twizzler and a functional camera we'd find the same circumstances that inspired 2 girls 1 cup.

if you turn the picture sideways it looks like Telly Savalas is winking at you...

FishPants
Gaming Trend Reader

Ouch

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 24, 2008, 05:17:08 PM »

Here's the latest update off the temp page:

The data for the site has been completely recovered. The site host is in the process of rebuilding and upgrading the server and the supporting infrastructure. There is still no ETA on when the site will be back up at this time.

The OO Forum Staff - 4/24/08 1020
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 24, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »

That's good to hear, but man, three weeks with the end still not in sight?  I hope the forum population will be able to bounce back.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 24, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 24, 2008, 05:34:14 PM

That's good to hear, but man, three weeks with the end still not in sight?  I hope the forum population will be able to bounce back.

I've been wondering the same today. It seems most OOers have flocked to Popehat. I just registered there today after missing a lot of folks I'm not seeing posting here. Ken and Patrick (Mr Fed and Tareeq) are being very grascious hosts over there.

I'm wondering how it will play out when OO does come back online. I would like to think that OO was such a strong community that it would survive a three-week outage, but I could be wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: