http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 10:55:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 89   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OO off line for a short time  (Read 222445 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »

I do want to say thanks to the few folks who have donated to GT - it helps keep the lights on and is appreciated. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2008, 02:21:50 PM »

I would like to point out that I gave the OO refugees a jumping off point for a NSFW round robin thread... out of the goodness of my heart.... now get to posting!
Miltonite
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on April 10, 2008, 02:16:47 PM

Here's what I propose that may make those who are thinking the same thing as those selected quotes.

Move all the OO refugees to a new section in Non-gaming, something named OO Summer Camp.  Sure, it will take some time to round all of us up, but once a few start posting threads, we will be easily identified by posting in said section.  Once all of us are in there, the forum could be locked and every user in that forum banned.  A fina...simple solution to the OO problem.

I mentioned this same idea to my friend the other day. If we had our own summer camp page we might feel more comfortable to post our "round robin" threads and our "oh god please help me matrix" threads. All in all, I am ready for the fun.

When do I get my custom refugee avatar?

Believe me, I need more help than you can offer.

One of the many OO immigrants
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »

YK, if you read this, did you ever get a picture of the demonic furry advertiser/mascot?

Unfortunately, no. Go figure, the freaking thing has been AWOL just about every day since I posted that. Don't know if they just stopped doing it or the weather has just gotten too warm to be outside in a suit for that long.

However, I did find an image that looks extremely close to what it looks like. The vest I know is identical.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2008, 02:51:23 PM »

I enjoy the visitors, and expect that there is no overstayed welcome.

Obviously the rules here are a little different, such as us ignoring CeeKay (maybe we're the same? slywink)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

Quote from: The Mad Hatter on April 10, 2008, 01:14:03 PM

Quote from: ATB on April 09, 2008, 10:48:14 PM

Please, for the love of pete, fix OO fast, Rip.

ATB! I remember you, you were one of the Holy Rollers before you disappeared. Does this forum have more respect for the Word?

Crap like this is one of the main problems with OO.  Keep it there instead of here, kthxbye.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2008, 02:59:24 PM »

I should clarify Overstayed welcome; what I mean is that we are happy to have you, and happy should you decide to visit / stay.

Personal attacks aren't something that go on very long here though.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
MHS
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2008, 02:18:38 PM

Quote from: The Mad Hatter on April 10, 2008, 01:14:03 PM

Does this forum have more respect for the Word?

nope!  there's plenty of respect for the rutabaga though...

so, are the (un)holy trinity from that state up north just snubbing us over here or haven't they found the trail of breadcrumbs?

Trent is here for sure.  Not sure about RunningMn or Smoove.

I think probably a few OO'ers know that people have washed up over here but just aren't going to post much.  It sort of feels rude to post knowing that once OO is back up, most people will hie back to familiar ground, leaving their posts & threads behind like so much litter after a parade.  

"they're lucky they found an MHS out there, otherwise their fates would have been sealed."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 10, 2008, 02:21:50 PM

I would like to point out that I gave the OO refugees a jumping off point for a NSFW round robin thread... out of the goodness of my heart.... now get to posting!

/\ /\ /\ /\

that man is a true American hero folks  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2008, 03:15:48 PM »

Quote from: MHS on April 10, 2008, 03:00:25 PM

Smoove posted that she feels more comfortable posting on the forums at Popehat.  RM9 would appear to be spending his time on the goallineblitz forums. slywink

I think probably a few OO'ers know that people have washed up over here but just aren't going to post much.  It sort of feels rude to post knowing that once OO is back up, most people will hie back to familiar ground, leaving their posts & threads behind like so much litter after a parade.

That's *exactly* how I feel (not because of the warm reception offered by 98% of GT members and staffers, but because I know how some of the other folks around here feel about me).  I just started a new thread and I debated it internally for about five minutes before finally deciding it was the right thing to do.

~Neal
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 10, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2008, 03:03:01 PM

Quote from: Arkon on April 10, 2008, 02:21:50 PM

/\ /\ /\ /\

that man is a true American hero folks  icon_biggrin

Should I change my Name to G.I. Joe???

Ooooh, I can be Beachhead... always liked him!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »

Quote from: The Meal on April 10, 2008, 03:15:48 PM

Smoove posted that she feels more comfortable posting on the forums at Popehat.  RM9 would appear to be spending his time on the goallineblitz forums. slywink

That's *exactly* how I feel (not because of the warm reception offered by 98% of GT members and staffers, but because I know how some of the other folks around here feel about me).  I just started a new thread and I debated it internally for about five minutes before finally deciding it was the right thing to do.

~Neal

Screw the 2%.  We need more quality folks around these parts!  More folks from OO need to visit GT, even if it isn't as often as they visit OO.
Hemlock Bones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2008, 03:17:39 PM »

I do believe I've found another place to spend some time.  thumbsup

Can't have too many places to slack on.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2008, 03:25:42 PM »

Quote from: The Meal on April 10, 2008, 03:15:48 PM

actually I was referring to the other (un)holy trinity from that other state up north.  Remus popped up here once or twice but the other two have been in hiding.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jay Kalam
« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

Apparently I registered here long ago as Giles Habibula....and can't remember the correct combination of email and/or password to log on. Arghh. I've spent the last two days trying to log on, without success. I have deduced that I used my Yahoo mail account (setting up this new name told me someone else had my yahoo address, presumably me), but when I tried to have it send another re-activation email, my Yahoo account isn't showing it.
edit: Odd--the memberlist isn't showing a Giles Habibula, and yet I was told it was already taken. Presumably because I failed to activate my account way back when.
So, I'm stuck with this new name. frown
(any ideas on how to get my old name back?)

p.s. Hi, everybody!

Giles Habibula
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:32:13 PM by Jay Kalam » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 10, 2008, 03:35:30 PM »

Quote from: Jay Kalam on April 10, 2008, 03:27:03 PM

Apparently I registered here long ago as Giles Habibula....and can't remember the correct combination of email and/or password to log on. Arghh. I've spent the last two days trying to log on, without success. I have deduced that I used my Yahoo mail account (setting up this new name told me someone else had my yahoo address, presumably me), but when I tried to have it send another re-activation email, my Yahoo account isn't showing it.
edit: Odd--the memberlist isn't showing a Giles Habibula, and yet I was told it was already taken. Presumably because I failed to activate my account way back when.

p.s. Hi, everybody!

Giles Habibula

Ron or one fo the mods should be able to help you out Giles.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »

Hi... and send an email to [email protected] and Ron will fix you up with your name.

He's good that way. biggrin

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2008, 03:41:40 PM »

Quote from: Jay Kalam on April 10, 2008, 03:27:03 PM

p.s. Hi, everybody!

Giles Habibula

YGPM
Jay Kalam
« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2008, 03:47:36 PM »

Thanks.
Email sent.
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »

Thanks, Kevin. That worked.
Now to email Ron with a "disregard my last".
smile
You may now delete my Jay Kalam if you wish, before I am banned.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on April 10, 2008, 03:51:34 PM

smile

You're welcome!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2008, 04:02:09 PM »

smile

An odd catalyst, but I think your identity crisis may have just gotten me to finally read the Legion of Space.
Trent Steel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:06 PM »

Let me guess.  OO refugee?
Where do I donate to fix OO's servers?
Please, for the love of pete, fix OO fast, Rip.
So when is OO going to be back up again?

Trolling
The posting of inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed to annoy or antagonize other posters or disrupt the flow of discussion is not allowed here.  If you are looking for a place to do this you’ve come to the wrong forum and will be quickly shown the door.
In addition, please do not respond to any baiting.  By responding you are giving the troll what they want - a reaction out of you.  This will soon escalate and get quickly out of hand.
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 10, 2008, 04:02:09 PM

smile

An odd catalyst, but I think your identity crisis may have just gotten me to finally read the Legion of Space.
Nice catch!
I believe you're the first one to have ever made that connection in all my years at OO.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »

Quote from: Giles Habibula on April 10, 2008, 04:03:43 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on April 10, 2008, 04:02:09 PM

smile

Nice catch!
I believe you're the first one to have ever made that connection in all my years at OO.

Glad to have you, and kudos to Kevin for being right quick in taking care of the login fun.   As far as the posting stuff goes, I encourage everyone to participate.  We don't expect you guys to stand in the corner and wait.  As long as you follow our Code of Conduct I don't have a problem with you guys coming and going as you please.  If some of you decide to hit up GT every once in a while after OO rises from the ashes, so much the better.  If not, well that is fine too.  The days of me trying to predict/control anyone going anywhere (Yea, I know I screwed up in the CG days trying to get folks to go to the 'front page' of CG) are long long LONG gone.  Settle in and enjoy the place.  No point in being one of those guys in high school who always paid to get into the dance only to sit in the dark corner all by themselves, propped against the wall.  Damned emo kids.

And ease off Meal - you guys are making him nervous.  He's good people.  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Giles Habibula
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 10, 2008, 04:23:52 PM »

Yeah, I may have to break my old habit of frequenting only one forum, and try to break out and make some new friends.
Seems like a pretty good bunch here. smile
Trent Steel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 10, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 10, 2008, 04:18:46 PM

As far as the posting stuff goes, I encourage everyone to participate.  We don't expect you guys to stand in the corner and wait.  As long as you follow our Code of Conduct I don't have a problem with you guys coming and going as you please.  If some of you decide to hit up GT every once in a while after OO rises from the ashes, so much the better.  If not, well that is fine too.  The days of me trying to predict/control anyone going anywhere (Yea, I know I screwed up in the CG days trying to get folks to go to the 'front page' of CG) are long long LONG gone.  Settle in and enjoy the place.  No point in being one of those guys in high school who always paid to get into the dance only to sit in the dark corner all by themselves, propped against the wall.  Damned emo kids.

Thanks KD.  You've been very cool in accommodating OOers in their time of need.   thumbsup
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 10, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 10, 2008, 02:19:40 PM

you fogot my idea of a special avatar to easily identify them  icon_wink Tongue

...but you promised me armbands!   icon_frown
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: April 10, 2008, 04:32:22 PM »

I might start visiting OO... you know, when it's not a smoking crater of RAIDtastic ruin. smile

SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »

When the server breaks, mama, you got to move.

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »

crybaby saywhat ninja2 icon_wink
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: April 10, 2008, 05:02:44 PM »

Quote from: The Meal on April 10, 2008, 04:42:59 PM

crybaby saywhat ninja2 icon_wink

I've actually got a few more smileys to add....

(I need to talk with dbt - he could augment our collection nicely methinks)

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 10, 2008, 05:11:10 PM »

For my part the *only* reason I don't post here is that I spend so much time on OO already that I knew trying to keep up with two forums would make me even less productive than I already am. I appreciate everyone being so accommodating, and I've enjoyed my brief stay. While I have every idea OO will continue to be my main haunt, it's nice to know there's another community out there to visit on occasion. 
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 10, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on April 10, 2008, 05:11:10 PM

For my part the *only* reason I don't post here is that I spend so much time on OO already that I knew trying to keep up with two forums would make me even less productive than I already am. I appreciate everyone being so accommodating, and I've enjoyed my brief stay. While I have every idea OO will continue to be my main haunt, it's nice to know there's another community out there to visit on occasion. 
Same here - this is a very nice forum (and I also enjoy QT3), and I also appreciate the warm reception we've received (including the jokes at our expense Tongue )
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »

You know, after GG died, I kind of just hid out in the Wanderers forums.  Eventually I heard people had moved to different forums but I had no idea which one to check out, and somehow I just ended up at OO.  Can someone (briefly) describe the differences between the apparent 3 (or are there more?) forums that GGers moved to?  Just curious.
Hrnac
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 10, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »

Quote from: Dan_Theman on April 10, 2008, 05:27:18 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on April 10, 2008, 05:11:10 PM

Same here - this is a very nice forum (and I also enjoy QT3), and I also appreciate the warm reception we've received (including the jokes at our expense Tongue )

I agree as well. I will definately add GT to my small list of places to lurk.

-Hrnac

Never do today what can be done tomorrow.
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2008, 05:37:59 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 10, 2008, 05:30:50 PM

You know, after GG died, I kind of just hid out in the Wanderers forums.  Eventually I heard people had moved to different forums but I had no idea which one to check out, and somehow I just ended up at OO.  Can someone (briefly) describe the differences between the apparent 3 (or are there more?) forums that GGers moved to?  Just curious.

We've fled to the following forums:

Gaming Trend
Quarter to Three
Gamers with Jobs
The Wanderers
Bovine Conspiracy - while I am a member, this forum appears deserted. It was mainly a splinter of OO.
NAMBLA

Ok, that last one isn't true.  Tongue

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 10, 2008, 05:53:25 PM »

While I do post (infrequently) on both boards, GT is websensed at work so I tend to spend more time on OO, go figure.  I sometimes have trouble remembering which thread on which board I've posted in but I believe it was the OO American Idol thread that had some of my incoherent ramblings in.... How about KLC this week eh?  She should have been gone weeks ago but rises to the occasion and will probably stay another week (hmmm methinks I should have searched GT for an AI thread  paranoid).

In an effort to provide more background info on me I can tell everyone that I commute to work on a ChrisGrenard approved Piaggio MP-3 like this one;

That isn't me by the way, just a stock photo showing how the bike leans.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 10, 2008, 06:02:59 PM »

Quote from: SpaceLord on April 10, 2008, 05:37:59 PM

We've fled to the following forums:

Gaming Trend
Quarter to Three
Gamers with Jobs
The Wanderers
Bovine Conspiracy - while I am a member, this forum appears deserted. It was mainly a splinter of OO.
NAMBLA

Ok, that last one isn't true.  Tongue

As usual, the Bovine Conspiracy crew is mostly all on #gonegold on IRC.

PSN ID: EduardoX
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 10, 2008, 06:14:49 PM »

Can someone (briefly) describe the differences between the apparent 3 (or are there more?) forums that GGers moved to?  Just curious.

GT is Gone Gold in its lower population early years
OO is Gone Gold in its higher population later years
Bovine is Gone Gold in its #gg form

Sort of.  Well except for Bovine, that's exactly what it is.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 89   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: