http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 09:27:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: one more day and it will be mine!!!  (Read 2196 times)
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2004, 08:21:34 AM »

just one more day.  that's all. one more day and this beauty will be mine

That my friends is a Canon D10.  6 Megapixel Digital SLR.

I went to look at it today.  This guy is selling it used for 750 with a compact flash card and all the goodies that came with it in retail.  I'm so friggin stoked!!  I just wish I could  pull more than $300 out at any given time from an ATM or I'd be taking gratitious shots with it right now.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
dangerballs
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 08:51:05 AM »

You couldn't have gone to the bank and withdrawn the money in full ?? biggrin

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 08:58:08 AM »

not on a sunday, nope.

O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 10:52:50 AM »

Congratulations!
I'm also looking into buying a camera but since I'm a beginner, I was looking at something that would give me enough quality and advanced features that would let me grow into them over time. I was looking at the Canon Powershot G6, actually. Can someone give me any advice on the camera? I wanted to get a Digital Rebel but that's just outside my price range. Thanks for any input!

My smile still stays on.
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 11:03:46 AM »

I just got done using a Sony DSC-V1.  It was a great prosumer camera that let me learn at my own pace while taking some pretty spiffy shots.  Here's a review:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Sony/sony_dscv1.asp

You can get it from sony right now for 350.

jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 11:36:04 AM »

if you want some really good info on that canon, check out dpreview.com and you'll get all the info you want and then some!

Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 01:02:30 PM »

I have a lower-end Sony digital camera that is terrible.  I'm yearning to breathe free of it.  I'll probably get a new camera before January, since I'm going.. uh.. somewhere for the month of January.  Don't know where yet.

Fishbelly
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 01:09:29 PM »

Congrats Jessie.  My brother has the same camera, and after playing with it for a time, I was terribly jealous of him.  Now I'll have to be jeaolous of you as well.

I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.

Woody Allen
UsulofDoom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 02:07:20 PM »

How does 35mm file compare to Mega pixals? If your were to compare 1000 400 200 speed films to pixels what would they be? Anyone know?
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 03:57:48 PM »

Congratulations jessie. I picked up a Digital Rebel last month and have been unbelievably happy with it. I've already picked up two Sigma lenses, an external flash, remote control, and new camera bag to go with it. smile

O.DOGG, I had a Canon PowerShot G3 for about a year and a half (naednek actually owns it now) and it was awesome. Based on my experiences with it I would definitely recommend a G6, especially for someone just getting into photography.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 05:37:59 PM »

You guys are lucky. We've not got a lot of spare cash...Im lucky to get a game every few months. So for X-Mas my wife is going to get me a digital camera but it will be a 2 megapixel one. I want the Fujifilm Finepix A205 Trouble is its really hard to find since they dont make them any longer. I may have to choose another camera but heck if i know what to choose.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 05:58:02 PM »

Daehawk, I'm getting my wife the Canon PowerShot A75 for Christmas. It's gotten excellent reviews, has 3.1 megapixels, 3x optical zoom, and can be found online for around $180-200. For a first digital camera that has lots of good features it's one of the best ones out there.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 06:31:52 PM »

That is one cool camera Simon but im more in the $100 range because she wants to get me a printer,copier,scanner combo unit too so I can print out the pics....both camera and printer will come to about $200. One is kinda useless without the other. frown Ill look into that one more though..does look sweet. Maybe I can swing something or sell some games.

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 06:42:31 PM »

Thing is, to print decent looking photos you really need at least 3 megapixels.

How about the Kodak EasyShare CX3700? I think that would be a much better choice than the Fuji and still within your price range ($100). If you can spend around $50 more then that will get you an entry level digital camera with optical zoom, which is what you want (digital zoom sucks).
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 06:57:17 PM »

Yeah thats more in line with my wallet. Ill check it out too. The Fuji has a 3x optical zoom. But dang that A75 you linked to has really got me trying to find some way to get that one..that baby is loaded with features...really really nice. I always thought Canons had a bad red eye tendency but wow that one is sweet. I really like the sample movie he has on that page. Very clear pic and has sound to boot.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 12:55:13 AM »

Simon.....I told the wife about the Cannon A75 and showed her reviews and pics..even a sample movie with it(sound yay!) hehe...I also mentioned how you take photos and stuff..i believe you sell yours also....anyways she has decided to go with the A75 for me so a big thank you bro!..Glad you recommended it.

Simon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2004, 04:57:17 AM »

Glad I could help. smile
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2004, 04:58:40 PM »

I picked up a Fuji S5000 at the beginning of this year and I have enjoyed it immensely.  Takes great pics, really great pics actually.  It's only 3 mega pixels but it's got 10x optical zoom on it which is really nice.  smile

Downside about this camera, it eats batteries like nobodies business.  Just get rechargables though... smile
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2004, 05:04:57 PM »

I have the Canon A80 and love it.  It's my first digital camera and I'm still learning, but I couldn't be happier with it.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: