http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 07:59:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK... What.The.F(radio edit).  (Read 846 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2008, 02:42:11 PM »

I've been living in an apartment complex half a mile from a major university (Towson University) for close to five years. It's a nice neighborhood. Well-manicured, welcoming, and relatively safe.

But, it attracts some of the craziest, unruliest college kids ever. I've heard my good share of arguments and fights over the years. Also, sex (some good, some really bad--you would think all college kids would live to the stereotype they're having great sex). One night, a few of them trying to escalate my bedroom window because they had locked themselves out of their apartment. On another occasion, I heard what sounded like a 10-man brawl in the bedroom right above me, as a frat party went very wrong.

Last night, though, takes the cake. Let me set the scene: It's 3:30 AM. I'm falling into pleasant sleep after catching up a Hell's Kitchen episode online (Ben finally got shitcanned--yay!). My pussy is laying right next to me... Get your mind off the gutter--it's my cat! And then the following happens, on the bedroom right above mine:

(Very loud stomping all over the room)

I think: 'Ok.. What.The.F(fcc edit)'

Girl's voice: You're destroying it! You're destroying it! I'm not gonna let you. You're breaking it!

(a moment of silence... then very loud stomping and punching of the walls. scary sounds)

Guy's voice: YOU FUCKING BITCH! I HATE YOU! FUCKING BITCH! YOU HARPY, FUCKING BITCH!

(more punching of walls and slamming of doors)

I sit up on my bed, thinking: 'It's finally gonna happen. One of these stupid kids is gonna kill his girlfriend. Time to call the police.'

A little hesitant to get involved, I pause, then start to reach for my cell phone. Then I hear the following..

(the guy starts to sob. he keeps sobbing. He starts to sob and cry and whimper like a little bitch)

Guy's voice: (sob,sob) you treat me like shit (sob, sob) I'm sorry (sob, sob) you fucking bitch (sob, sob) love you (sob, sob)

I get back to bed, thinking 'Oh, for Christ's sake! Break up like a man and get it over with' I fall asleep, feeling glad that I'm single.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »

heck, you should try living near Ohio State-  if there isn't at least one time during the night where there's some loud idiots somewhere close by then something must be wrong or it's raining.  to top it off the 4th of July is coming up, so it'll be amateur night with fireworks for the next couple of months.  I believe in Darwinism with the kids and fireworks-  if you blow your hand off you can call 911 yourself.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »

People actually use the word "harpy"?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:56:06 PM »

So how did the the make up sex sound?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:03:27 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 21, 2008, 02:51:03 PM

People actually use the word "harpy"?

Yes, he did. I was like 'well, it's gotta be over now. You can't come back from 'harpy'.

And, no, there was no makeup sex afterward, though I may have been asleep for that bed-spring symphony.
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »

Gellar should be able to tell you that the acceptable term is "What the Fluffy Bunnies?"

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »

Good lord.  I get annoyed when the woman above me walks from one side of her room to the other.  I don't think I could stand listening to stuff like that going on smile
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »

Quote from: kathode on May 21, 2008, 04:00:56 PM

Good lord.  I get annoyed when the woman above me walks from one side of her room to the other.  I don't think I could stand listening to stuff like that going on smile

I know what you mean, the couple above me like to run across the apartment it sounds like. Plus the ceiling is so thin I can hear their rocking chair when they sit in it. And last night the fuck decided it would be fun to throw fire crackers off the deck. Oh and he has to start up his POS Camero every night and let it run. It doesn't have a muffler. I really need to move.
Boudreaux

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »

The thing I always hated was people who played any sort of bass-heavy music, because it didn't have to be all that loud and it didn't have to be close - the sound would carry for a LONG freaking way.  Nothing like trying to go to sleep with this faint 120Hz buzz running through the bedroom.

I've always contended that the best thing about moving from an apartment to a house is not putting up with this, and the reciprocal fact that I can be as loud as I want and not bother anyone.  I can go in the basement and crank up my Vox amp as loud as I can stand it, or watch DVDs with glass-rattling volume and unless my neighbors are in my yard they'll never know it.

XBox Live:  JNacht
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »

Quote from: Boudreaux on May 21, 2008, 04:59:38 PM

The thing I always hated was people who played any sort of bass-heavy music, because it didn't have to be all that loud and it didn't have to be close - the sound would carry for a LONG freaking way.  Nothing like trying to go to sleep with this faint 120Hz buzz running through the bedroom.

I've always contended that the best thing about moving from an apartment to a house is not putting up with this, and the reciprocal fact that I can be as loud as I want and not bother anyone.  I can go in the basement and crank up my Vox amp as loud as I can stand it, or watch DVDs with glass-rattling volume and unless my neighbors are in my yard they'll never know it.

Quoted for Truth.  I hates living in apartments for that very reason... and having to deal with who-knows-what weirdos living in your face.  I can't understand why people like t live in aprtments and such in big cities.  Even Sean Connery has/creates issues.  http://gothamist.com/2007/12/27/sean_connery_ne.php
Two Sheds
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 05:47:01 PM »

Quote from: jpinard on May 21, 2008, 05:40:16 PM

Quoted for Truth.  I hates living in apartments for that very reason... and having to deal with who-knows-what weirdos living in your face.  I can't understand why people like t live in aprtments and such in big cities.  Even Sean Connery has/creates issues.  http://gothamist.com/2007/12/27/sean_connery_ne.php

I live in a basement apartment that's great other than the fact that I can hear every footstep above me. It drives me nuts, it keeps me awake, etc. etc. Still, I would take my apartment in the city over a house in the suburbs any day of the week.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »

Okay...I dont understand a part of your post..

I've heard my good share of arguments and fights over the years. Also, sex (some good, some really bad--you would think all college kids would live to the stereotype they're having great sex).

you had sex with them, or what?

A new one
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

Quote from: Two Sheds on May 21, 2008, 05:47:01 PM

Quote from: jpinard on May 21, 2008, 05:40:16 PM

I live in a basement apartment that's great other than the fact that I can hear every footstep above me. It drives me nuts, it keeps me awake, etc. etc. Still, I would take my apartment in the city over a house in the suburbs any day of the week.

Why?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 21, 2008, 05:56:24 PM

Okay...I dont understand a part of your post..

I've heard my good share of arguments and fights over the years. Also, sex (some good, some really bad--you would think all college kids would live to the stereotype they're having great sex).

you had sex with them, or what?

My walls are rather thin so I can hear everything. Through the years, I've caught plenty of people doing the horizontal mambo. The good ones were the ones that had their rhythm right (slow... build it up.. put a bit of torque into it... now, slow it back up again.. now, bring it back up.. Give her some power.. and then YES YES YES!... ). The terrible ones were the ones were the guy.. just didn't eat his wheaties (slow, monotonous humping.. she barely makes a sound... or, its like they're doing it incognito and trying to be oh-soquiet in their own apartment.)

I say... Look, if you're going to put the stones to that girl, just do it, and make the whole neighborhood proud.  icon_lol

Two Sheds
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 07:13:19 PM »

Quote from: jpinard on May 21, 2008, 06:01:00 PM

Why?

Lots of reasons. Many of the same reasons most people who live in the city would tell you, I imagine. I've done both, and I've found I much prefer the city. I don't have to own a car, for one thing. I can ride my bike or just walk to work. Everything I want to see or do is within a few short miles and is easy to get to. There's a variety that I like.

That said, I do know that it's not for everyone. And maybe (surely?) one day I'll want to get out of the city. But for now the pros easily outweigh the cons.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: