http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 04:09:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok this is freaking me out  (Read 1011 times)
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2005, 04:57:09 AM »

For the past couple of weeks my sense of taste and smell have severly taken a plunge. Hot foods all taste like dried phylem but cold foods I can just barely taste. I probably had the flu (or something like it) a few weeks back and was coughing up a storm and barely eating. I had hoped it would pass in time, but if anything its gotten worse. Other than that, systems are tip top. And before you ask, no, I didnt love an unclean woman.

What are my options here CG MD?

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 05:23:50 AM »

See a doctor.

Also try searching online for such symptoms at a medical search site.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 11:27:42 AM »

I'm not a doctor, but I saw one on TV...

I just saw an episode of House where a woman had lost her sense of smell from Cadmium poisoning.  She had gotten the poisoning from smoking some MJ grown in dirt contaminated from Cadmium.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 12:32:44 PM »

Quote from: "Crowley"
And before you ask, no, I didnt love an unclean woman.

But you may have loved an unclean man?   biggrin

Either way it sounds like a visit to El Doctor is in the future.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 04:42:36 PM »

personally, i don't go to docs unless a symptom is bad, painful, extremely annoying, and/ or super long lasting.  they tend to treat you more seriously if they know you don't run in at the drop of the hat... and their ideas about the "drop of a hat" are different than most of ours!  it's their bias, not yours, but you still have to deal with it.  i've had what you're describing, after a bad cold that went into bronchitis, which i used to get a lot after a cold, until i hit on this (i am NOT a doctor, this is from personal experience only!):

dunno where you're from, but i used to get the final symptoms of colds, bronchitis, etc. out of my system by exercising in cold weather.  i used to jog, but fast walking ought to do it.  go somewhere isolated or bring tons of Kleenex, and just hack and spit and blow your nose.... over and over and over.  a couple of those sessions would clear out any nasty hanging-on stuff, often better than antibiotics.

i hope you live in New England or Canada!  good luck!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 06:16:06 PM »

I had something similar with my last cold.  I ended up losing a rediculous amount of weight because nothing tasted good.

For me it got better and passed in a few weeks, but if it gets to the point where you feel like you can't eat much at all I would definitely go see the doc.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 07:49:07 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"
I had something similar with my last cold.  I ended up losing a rediculous amount of weight because nothing tasted good.

For me it got better and passed in a few weeks, but if it gets to the point where you feel like you can't eat much at all I would definitely go see the doc.

s

I had the exact same systems with my last flu/cold. In fact I get it almsot every time I get a flu/cold. Sometimes when my allergies get bad things taste...salty. I know, wierd. Actually, none of this has happened for a while, but it does all eventually go away.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 08:06:32 PM »

Do you smoke?  My dad does and he said he lost nearly all sense of taste and smell.

RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »

Probably not related to your specific case but I know that my sense of taste improved when I purchased a tongue cleaner and started using it regularly.  It does a much more effective job than a toothbrush.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: