http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 10:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, here`s a question for you guys and gals...  (Read 1447 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2005, 08:43:40 AM »

Awhile back over at gonegold, I posted asking how often people poop. I got mixed reviews Tongue . Well, I`d like to hear those answers here, but also I have another question for some folks around here :wink: .

So first off, how often do you poop? Simple enough.

Now, here`s the second question. And this really is more of a medical question. Let me explain first...Ready for this?...

I`ll make this straight and to the point. I usually "poop" quite frequently. Like at least twice a day...no shit :lol: . Enough bad jokes...From time to time I won`t go as much for a little awhile , and it does vary but that`s the norm. Last week, I only went like 4 times...not much for me. I felt all bloated etc. NOT fun. So on Saturday I go to my wifes holiday work party and eat and drink and have a good time. I come home, I still can`t go, so I go to bed and figure tomarrow will be the day. Well...

I woke up on Sunday feeling like I was going to explode...really...I could not go, even though I felt I really, really needed to. After a few minutes and a bit of shit coming out (always funny to say :wink: ) I still felt horrid. So I went back to bed for 2 hours, and guess what woke me up this time? I had to go again. So, I ended up taking milk of magnesia (sp? its late) . It seemed to make me go, but I was still really hurting. For the next couple hours I was really, really sick. This went on from early sunday morning, until late monday night...And today, I def feel better, but wow my stomach is sore as hell.

What the hell could this be? Was I just constipated (sp? heh)for a really long time and my body just got sick or something because of it? When I first felt sick on sunday morning I felt so sick that, I kid you not, my hands and feet went numb and i felt like I was going to puke. Oh, and I did that...and I tried to catch it in my hands...I thought that would work...no so much.  Also, it went from straight I couldnt shit , to I couldn`t keep it in...ick.

Any ideas? Noone else that ate at the party got sick...and I did have the week long dry spell. So I don`t think it was the food. I`m looking into adjusting my diet and whatnot. I eat good, I guess just not good enough , maybe. I`ve had this happen before, it just usally goes away after I go to the bathroom. It never has lasted days...If noone responds, I`ll understand why :wink: . Thanks.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 08:51:11 AM »

Honestly I go poopie about once every 3-4 days or so.  Though, I guess I can check it up to my physical state whereas I was quite skinny at one point of time (went on a "eat one bowl of oatmeal and run 5 miles a day" diet about 3 years ago) and didn't "go" too much then.  Now, I'm gaining weight and now am up to what the "average" should be for my height and still doing only about once every 3-4 days MAYBE once every two days sometimes.

About your second question - I have no idea!  That's a weird situation.  Your limbs going numb might be a sort of cause for concern, but, I don't know.  Hopefully someone can weigh in on that poopy situation for you   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 09:09:08 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
Honestly I go poopie about once every 3-4 days or so.  Though, I guess I can check it up to my physical state whereas I was quite skinny at one point of time (went on a "eat one bowl of oatmeal and run 5 miles a day" diet about 3 years ago) and didn't "go" too much then.  Now, I'm gaining weight and now am up to what the "average" should be for my height and still doing only about once every 3-4 days MAYBE once every two days sometimes.

About your second question - I have no idea!  That's a weird situation.  Your limbs going numb might be a sort of cause for concern, but, I don't know.  Hopefully someone can weigh in on that poopy situation for you   biggrin

Ahh. Thanks for the late night help :wink: . I`m slim. I do eat alot though. I have a high metabolism ( LOL, sp? ). I`m curious what other say, keep `em coming. Thanks.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 11:15:41 AM »

Great, I had to be eating something while I read this...anyways...

I hit the throne about an hour after I wake up just like clockwork.  Maybe it's mental since I hate going at work, so it could have built up into a routine but it's been like that for as long as I can remember.   But to answer the question : Once a day.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 01:18:23 PM »

Harp, that sounds very not normal.  Most adults defecate somewhere between twice-a-day and once every two days.  Do you get enough roughage?  Drink enough water?  Deficits in both can easily cause constipation.

If I were you (and right now I'm glad I'm not :wink:), I'd seek the advice of a GI doctor.  I find the numb hands and feet particularly worrisome.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 01:56:05 PM »

Couple times a day usually. then I skip a day. Sometimes up to 6 times in one day. Depends on what Ive ate and how much and if Ive got my frequent diarrhea.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 09:43:01 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Harp, that sounds very not normal.  Most adults defecate somewhere between twice-a-day and once every two days.  Do you get enough roughage?  Drink enough water?  Deficits in both can easily cause constipation.

If I were you (and right now I'm glad I'm not :wink:), I'd seek the advice of a GI doctor.  I find the numb hands and feet particularly worrisome.

Thanks, I think that`s gonna be the plan really soon, to go to the doctor. I am going to start a few things like drinking WAY more water. I probably don`t enough "roughage" as I should and/or used to. And to explain the numbness a bit more...It actually kinda felt like maybe cramping like the kind in my stomach, but SO intense that it became numbing. Maybe that explains that better too.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 09:46:42 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Couple times a day usually. then I skip a day. Sometimes up to 6 times in one day. Depends on what Ive ate and how much and if Ive got my frequent diarrhea.

I`ve went that many or more times in a day. Heh. Not frequent diarrhea though...I actually for the most part liked my schedule, well for the most part. I agree it`s nice to "get it out" before you leave the house and go out for the day etc. :wink:  I do have a really high metabolism, does that mean anything? I thought it meant that I would get the "boxes through the warehouse" fast? :lol:  But , am I wrong?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 10:01:24 PM »

Get yourself some psyllium husk capsules (basically Metamucil in pill form), take one 15 minutes before each meal - you'll be regular as clockwork.
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 12:46:18 AM »

'Normal' is about 2-3 times/day.

I've noticed that #1 and #2 are very good indicators of how well I'm feeling: if I start going #1 a LOT, it usually means I might be catching cold.  Very frequent (or abnormal) #2 usually means I am already sick.

There was actually a very good poop website (strange thing to call very good, right?), but I forgot the url.  It was, I think, written by a doctor, and it deal with reasons why poop would come out a certain way.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 01:08:47 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
There was actually a very good poop website (strange thing to call very good, right?), but I forgot the url.  It was, I think, written by a doctor, and it deal with reasons why poop would come out a certain way.

The Scoop on Poop?

Don't ask why I have that bookmarked.  I guess I am saving it for later.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 01:09:20 AM »

i go about once every 2 days.   Dont know why.  Always been that way.  I spent a week in the hospital and the nurses gave me a hard time about it.  but there wasnt much I could do, since I was on all liquid diet, and even then wasnt eating much.

As to the other problem.  It does sound like some sort of food poisoning.  A lot of food like Rice, and grain products have a very wierd time after digestion, to make you sick.  And when you get sick.  YOU GET SICK!  They are grains, so they spore in your stomach, and sort of fall apart, and your system tries to make sure to get it all out.
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 01:39:48 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

The Scoop on Poop?

LOL, yeah, that was it.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 01:42:05 AM »

Every 2 days.  I could set a clock by it.

dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:47:27 AM »

Twice after I wake up in the morning.I'm so full of it I have to take a break. :shock:
Unless I eat ice cream or burritos.Then it's STAND BACK OUT OF MY WAY! :shock:

Ye Olde Farte
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 03:01:48 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

The Scoop on Poop?

LOL, yeah, that was it.

Good lord.

There are some parasites, such as pinworms, who depend on people eating their own poop to keep the population up. Pinworms are small nematodes that live in the colon. The females emerge from the anus at night to lay their eggs. Their activity makes the anal area itch. The person scratches the itch (often doing so in his sleep), procuring a small amount of fecal matter and eggs under his fingernails, and then puts his fingers in his mouth. Once the eggs are consumed, the person is infected with a new generation of pinworms.
   I have read that almost everyone has pinworms. Luckily, pinworms don't do much harm. You only notice them if you have a lot of pinworms! If you want to find out if you do indeed have them, get someone to gently touch around your anal area with Scotch tape while you are sleeping. The worms will stick to the tape and you'll be able to see them.

unbreakable
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 04:16:12 AM »

Ugh.  That definitely falls under the heading of "Too Much Information".
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 06:36:08 AM »

ACK! :shock:

Well, that really tore me up. My stomach was aburdly sore for a day after or so two. Ouch.
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2005, 12:46:16 AM »

Atleast once a day for me.

The longest I didnt go was a month and a half, but my intestine blew up and I went in for surgery. Later I found out I had a rare case of Crohn's Disease, which basically closes off your intestine, well thats what it did for me anyways. Usually it makes you crap non-stop.

So I suggest to make sure you go atleast 1 time every 2 days.

Milk of magnesium does taste like crap, I've probably drinkin about 4 litres of that stuff in my life, trying to take a crap, but my intestine was blocked, so it would just sit in my stomach and then make me puke.

Anyways, I dont want to over alert you.

But be careful!!!

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2005, 01:35:57 AM »

The body generally takes 12 hours to process food into the large intestine and prepare it for defecation.  Depending on a person's capacity and comfort level, this means that on average, a person will need to pass stools anywhere from twice a day to once every two days.

Some people are like clockwork, some are more irregular.  Some go more often, some less often.  It also depends on the contents of the food, as some food converts into more waste than other types, and some foods convert more into urine than feces.

Myself, it's usually once (sometimes twice) per day, with the morning and/or early evening as the most common times for me.  I tend to be fairly consistent, except when my diet goes through changes.  If I stick to my usual daily intake of three meals and sometimes a snack either in the afternoon or late evening, then I'm pretty regular.  If my times or contents of my meals go off, my system gets a little out of whack.

Harpua, the problems you mentioned could be indicative of a fairly serious underlying issue, and I'd highly recommend seeing a doctor about it.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: