http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 08:40:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh...Oh NO. NKOTB Reunites. Tour Planned.  (Read 1771 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:01:17 PM »

why. why oh why?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »

Daehawk already has his tickets.  slywink

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:10:04 PM »

Thread over on the first response.   thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »

I was thinking of killing myself until I saw this topic. Now I have something to live for. YES!!!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:21:38 PM »

They are all in one place.  Easier to nuke from orbit.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »

The sad thing is Donnie has become quite a good actor. Boomtown was a fine show that was wholly underrated.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 09:36:28 PM »

Quote from: PaulBot on April 03, 2008, 06:29:28 PM

I was thinking of killing myself until I saw this topic. Now I have something to live for. YES!!!

so then you want us to kill you for liking them?

I can live with that.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:01:49 PM »

Given their age it would be strange to still call them New Kids. Old Men on the Corner seems a more appropriate name.

Two female coworkers are discussing getting tickets just for the trainwreck factor, although I have my suspicions that's a cover as they admitted they were diehard fans in HS. But I hope they go as I'd love to hear a 3rd party account of the concert - uh, for the trainwreck factor of course.  ninja
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »

Quote from: Crawley on April 03, 2008, 10:01:49 PM

Given their age it would be strange to still call them New Kids. Old Men on the Corner seems a more appropriate name.

How about 'Middle Age Men Who Desperately Need the Money on the Block'?

Because I can,
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »

Quote from: Crawley on April 03, 2008, 10:01:49 PM

Two female coworkers are discussing getting tickets just for the trainwreck factor, although I have my suspicions that's a cover as they admitted they were diehard fans in HS. But I hope they go as I'd love to hear a 3rd party account of the concert - uh, for the trainwreck factor of course.  ninja

You negelected to mention that you asked them to buy you a ticket. Third party? Yeah right.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 12:31:50 PM »

Creepy Old Guys on the Block Yelling Get Off My Lawn.   

I think their new name fits perfectly.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 12:09:04 PM »

As you read this, there’s a good chance that Jordan Knight, Jonathan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg and Danny Wood — aka the New Kids on the Block — are holed up a rehearsal studio somewhere, polishing up the dance moves for their long-awaited reunion tour, which hits arenas this fall and the TODAY show this Friday.

Long awaited by who? 

And if this tour is a success, I bet this opens the floodgates for every crappy boy band that ever existed to start a reunion tour.

If Boomtown hadn't been canceled so prematurely, I bet none of this would have happened.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 02:19:43 PM »

MENUDO!!!!!!!!!!

Because I can,
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

Sounds like someone needed to refill their coffers...
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 05:07:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 15, 2008, 02:19:43 PM

MENUDO!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, funny you should say that. I never knew about that band until awhile ago, when a show I was watching had a new generation of the band. Basically, all new members and none of the originals. At this point, it's not the same band at all. Time for a new name instead of rehashing a name. It was ridiculous to say the least.

Oh and ATB, long awaited by girls of course.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 03:25:16 PM »

I caught up a minute or two of their 'reunion' on the Today show this morning.... not on purpose, I might add, I just like the Today show.

They managed to pack the plaza with lots of screaming women fans. I thought their performance was somewhat pathetic. Donnie Wahlberg had to wear a black cap since anyone who's seen in movies like 'Saw II, III, and IV' and the tv show 'Boomtown' knows that he has male pattern baldness.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 07:35:30 PM »

I'm kind of surprised you posted this thread, ATB... I mean... based on your previously shared musical tastes... this should be right up your alley.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 07:36:41 PM »

Quote from: kratz on May 16, 2008, 07:35:30 PM

I'm kind of surprised you posted this thread, ATB... I mean... based on your previously shared musical tastes... this should be right up your alley.

oh snap!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »

Quote from: kratz on May 16, 2008, 07:35:30 PM

My deep fondness of Looker in no way translates to a love of NKOTB though the men in each group are all equally talented.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »

What about your love of Avril and Kelly Clarkson... and... I know I'm forgetting a few...
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »

Quote from: kratz on May 16, 2008, 07:43:04 PM

What about your love of Avril and Kelly Clarkson... and... I know I'm forgetting a few...

Again...the unparalleled awesomeness of Kelly Clarkson's second album and Avril's first and second albums in no way equate to boy band enjoyment.  Any intelligent individual sees that such a suggestion is a huge stretch of logic bordering on lunacy.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 15, 2008, 05:07:08 PM

MENUDO!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, funny you should say that. I never knew about that band until awhile ago, when a show I was watching had a new generation of the band. Basically, all new members and none of the originals. At this point, it's not the same band at all. Time for a new name instead of rehashing a name. It was ridiculous to say the least.

I don't know how to break this to you but here it goes...

There hasn't been an original member in the band since the late 80's.  Basically the rule with Menudo is once your balls dropped below a certain point you were kicked out of the band for a younger version.  I kid you not(well maybe about the balls part...maybe).  They also at least tried to change their name in the late 90's to MDO but I'm not sure it stuck.

As a bonus I have linked to some pictures for your viewing pleasure.   I think, as a fan, you will want to pay close attention the the third set of pictures as they represent what I was talking about above.  Poor guys in the picture were replaced soon after the shoot.

www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/supergrass/78/group.com
edit:
No idea why the link won't work but you can paste it in your browser.....If You Dare!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:26:11 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »

Quote from: morlac on May 16, 2008, 09:20:17 PM

No idea why the link won't work but you can paste it in your browser.....If You Dare!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!   crybaby
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 16, 2008, 09:27:08 PM

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!   crybaby

Consider yourself MENUDOED!

morlac00 on PSN
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 15, 2008, 05:07:08 PM

MENUDO!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to break this to you but here it goes...

There hasn't been an original member in the band since the late 80's.  Basically the rule with Menudo is once your balls dropped below a certain point you were kicked out of the band for a younger version.  I kid you not(well maybe about the balls part...maybe).  They also at least tried to change their name in the late 90's to MDO but I'm not sure it stuck.

As a bonus I have linked to some pictures for your viewing pleasure.   I think, as a fan, you will want to pay close attention the the third set of pictures as they represent what I was talking about above.  Poor guys in the picture were replaced soon after the shoot.

www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/supergrass/78/group.com
edit:

Morlac is correct. I grew up in Puerto Rico, and can attest that 'Menudo' was freaking huge there during the 70s and 80s. They had their own Saturday night variety show, toured incessantly, and even starred in two spanish-language feature films (god only knows if they're out on DVD). Right now, as I type this I can hear the tune of 'Senora Mia' (from their first movie) clearly in my head.

The rule was that as soon as you hit puberty, you were out of the band. So the band lineup kept constantly changing. I know--weird. But think about it, shouldn't a 'boy band' truly be about boys and not middle-aged man trying to relive their teenage years? Amazingly, this concept work, and 'Menudo' was a big revenue maker for well over a decade.

Here's their Wikipedia entry, if you want to take a read into their wacky story. Perhaps the most successful story from 'Menudo' is Ricky Martin, who has gone on to become an international superstar.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 10:19:16 PM »

I think, as a fan, you will want to pay close attention the the third set of pictures as they represent what I was talking about above.

I'm offended that you think I'm a fan! I said no such thing!  Tongue I don't even know who the hell they are for the most part, nor do I really care.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 10:25:31 PM »

Hey PR,

Can you shed some light on the origin of their name in Puerto Rico?  Surely they didn't name themselves after cow intestine soup?  (That's only in Mexico and it doesn't taste as bad as it sounds, but the smell from cooking the intestines...uggg)

morlac00 on PSN
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 10:28:09 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on May 16, 2008, 10:19:16 PM

I don't even know who the hell they are for the most part...

All your question can be answered by clicking my link...

Do it!

morlac00 on PSN
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »

Quote from: morlac on May 16, 2008, 10:25:31 PM

Hey PR,

Can you shed some light on the origin of their name in Puerto Rico?  Surely they didn't name themselves after cow intestine soup?  (That's only in Mexico and it doesn't taste as bad as it sounds, but the smell from cooking the intestines...uggg)

Well, 'Menudo' means 'small change' in Puerto Rico. But Wikipedia has this to say:

The name of the group came after an incident during their second rehearsal, where (Edgardo)Díaz's sister entered the driveway of the house they were at, and puzzled by finding five young boys dancing and singing in the garage, she loudly exclaimed: "¡Qué mucho menudo hay aqui!" ("What a lot of young folk we have here!"); the phrase stuck, and the group was thus named Menudo.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 01:07:40 AM »

Quote from: ATB on May 16, 2008, 08:02:59 PM

Again...the unparalleled awesomeness of Kelly Clarkson's second album and Avril's first and second albums in no way equate to boy band enjoyment.  Any intelligent individual sees that such a suggestion is a huge stretch of logic bordering on lunacy.

I agree.  The fact that any one over the age of 12 could use the phrase "unparalleled awesomeness" when referring to Kelly Clarkson & Avril is complete lunacy.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 01:10:35 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 17, 2008, 01:07:40 AM

I agree.  The fact that any one over the age of 12 could use the phrase "unparalleled awesomeness" when referring to Kelly Clarkson & Avril is complete lunacy.

I LOL'd.   icon_lol
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 01:33:21 AM »

I think it would be awesome to go to NKOTB wearing classic 80s Punk Paraphenalia and have a Mosh Pit. Course, these days the kids call it a Wrecking Pit...

Spawn of OO Collective
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 07:21:37 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on May 17, 2008, 01:07:40 AM

Quote from: ATB on May 16, 2008, 08:02:59 PM

Have you heard the albums? No?  Well then shhhhh!
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 08:10:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1K68EViOBI

Oh my god...

I am embarrassed for them. This is just horrible.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: