http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 03:06:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Office Brown Bagging Lunch Etiquette  (Read 1243 times)
spigot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2008, 04:11:01 PM »

Anyone ever (or have had coworkers) bring in something to work for lunch that ended up stinking up the office? And worse yet it just didn't smell strange at all to the offender? Seriously, my cubicle air is precious, people. Please show a little consideration before you bring in that delicious dish your wife/girlfriend made that ends up smelling like a used diaper filled with Indian food.

Also, my office smells of popcorn. Everyday. People here love the microwave popcorn.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 04:14:00 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »

Yeah it happens all the time and it's annoying. 

My office also always smells like pop corn.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »

Timely thread.  Just 10 minutes ago half the floor started smelling like cat pee from some biohazard lunch warming in the microwave.
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »

Quote from: spigot on June 16, 2008, 04:11:01 PM

Also, my office smells of popcorn. Everyday. People here love the microwave popcorn.

What is worse is when they burn the popcorn.  We have people who set the microwave to like 5 minutes, place the popcorn inside, and then walk away!!

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:40:32 PM »

It could be worse. Your office could be directly across from the men's bathroom like mine.
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »

My philosophy is the microwave should be a privledge not a right and that under no circumstances should anyone ever be allowed to microwave fish.  Ever.  Ever.  Ever.

Ever.

Did I mention that you should never microwave fish?

You inconsiderate ----.

While you're at it, why don't you spray some more of that damned air freshner to kill one noxious smell with another?

I spend more waking hours here at work than I do at home.  How would you like it if I come on over to your house and piss in your furnace or dump over used litter box on the carpet in your bedroom?

How can people be so olifactorily oblivious?  If I was shining bright lights in your eyes, there'd be a problem.  If I sat here and made honking noises all day, there'd be a problem.  If I slapped you around, there'd be a problem.  If I dumped a bunch of tobasco sauce in your Coke, there'd be a problem.   But feel free to stank up the whole joint with a gallon of latest trend in toilet water, to spray down the entire area with stench of decaying flowers, and then top it all off by microwaving some fish.

Thanks a lot.  It's appreciated.  I hope there is a layer of hell set aside for you.  One where I smoke inside and you get the one two bunch of stagnant smoke and me blowing that crap on your clothes, right in your eyes, and up your nose.
Dan_Theman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »

As posted above, my comment on the subject is that fish was completely banned from my entire office building.  Popcorn, even burned, doesn't hold a candle to the power of fish stench.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 04:52:41 PM »

Sounds to me like you guys need to take your problems up to management.  Try to get someone else to complain as well so that they don't think it's either personal or one person being overly-sensitive.  We did that at my old job, and the first step was a memo being sent out.  After that, people who kept abusing it, were verbally reprimanded and eventually written up.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »

A sensible solution. If only it didn't come to that due to people being inconsiderate and just not using their common sense. Pretty soon you'll have management dictating all these rules to control this little thing and that little thing. People are so stupid sometimes. Like they say: "Common sense isn't so common.".

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 05:43:47 PM »

Quote from: spigot on June 16, 2008, 05:06:27 PM

Pretty soon you'll have management dictating all these rules to control this little thing and that little thing.

If you're in a corporate environment, chances are that management already has rules to control most every little thing. slywink
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

What would happen if someone brought in popcorn shrimp?   icon_eek
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 06:14:05 PM »

The universe as we know it would collapse into a singularity, and you would know instantly when you crossed the event horizon into an existence defined by the stench of burnt fishy popcorn.

In other words, Hell itself would be created on the spot and devour everything.

Hey! Diablo 3!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »

I loves me some microwaved curried salmon! icon_razz

How can people be so olifactorily oblivious?

Writes the smoker...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 08:09:50 PM by mb737 » Logged
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 08:17:58 PM »

Reminds me of this classic from passiveaggressivenotes.com...
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »

I once used the office microwave on a bag of microwavable pork rinds.  It cooked like popcorn, only much more heinous.  I have never seen an office so mad as when that bag stunk up the air.  Our CEO came out of his office and thought we were under attack.  Even with that smell, they weren't half bad.
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 08:27:04 PM »

Quote from: mb737 on June 16, 2008, 08:08:03 PM

How can people be so olifactorily oblivious?

Writes the smoker...

My point exactly.  If my schnoz is theoretically dulled and the scents themselves dilluted then that stank has got to be killing other people.  One of my greatest fears is that the day I quit exhaling tar buildup through my nose, is the day I have to whif on how putrid the world around me is again.  If fish and perfume and spring and curry and people who own cats already nauseate me, what am I to do when protective shielding is down?  When "I can remember what it's like to taste and smell."  I don't want taste and smell amplification.  Now, if you want make me see and hear and feeling better, maybe we could strike a deal...  Except for the hearing part.  I'd hate to have to listen.  And the feeling you can keep too.  More feeling in my shape seems to be more feeling pain.  But seeing, I would love to see better.

In the mean time, if not smoking means I can smell urine through the smell of chorine in a bathroom fifty feet away even better than I already do then I've got one more reason not to quit.

I wonder is they cauterize my sense of my smell.  They could burn out and open up my sinuses while they're up there.  Get rid of the headaches, the congetion, and my having not being able to pay attention to what you are saying through your halitosis all in one fell swoop.

What separetes a normal swoop from a fell swoop?
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 10:18:15 PM »

Imagine being subjected to this Thai food I tried last night.  It tasted decent, but smelled exactly like belly button lint.  Horrible.  Or, a co-worker of mine was given a jar of haggis as a joke a long time back.  I told him he should put it in the microwave for 10 minutes and just walk away (probably should save that for his last day though).

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: