http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 09:45:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NSFW --- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK  (Read 1303 times)
Meisterbrew
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2007, 08:36:36 PM »

Here is 2 links dealing w/ the same thing

If you liked sadam dont open it.

Doesnt really show much but just tagging it for safety...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20Gd7JfAmU <---the video and must be logged in.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16438087/?GT1=8921  <---msn news link

-Discuss...maybe?
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:28:32 PM »

What are we discussing?  The hanging, the filming and distribution, or the taunting?

The hanging was discussed in another thread.  We all knew the tape would be on the internet soon enough.  The taunting was classless.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on January 02, 2007, 09:28:32 PM

What are we discussing?  The hanging, the filming and distribution, or the taunting?

I think we're discussing the nature of NSFW things, and how the responsibility for choosing whether or not to read NSFW things ultimately falls on the reader himself.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »

I think we should discuss why people want or need to see this.  Especially people in the US.  I could almost understand why someone who was tortured or hurt by Saddam would want to see this...some kind of closure.  However Americans wanting to see a killing (however justified and legal) just seems sick.  Basically it is people getting their trills and enjoyment out of watching someone die.  And while Saddam was evil enjoying watching someone die says more about the person watching than it does about Saddam.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 10:13:46 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 02, 2007, 09:49:26 PM

I think we should discuss why people want or need to see this.  Especially people in the US.  I could almost understand why someone who was tortured or hurt by Saddam would want to see this...some kind of closure.  However Americans wanting to see a killing (however justified and legal) just seems sick.  Basically it is people getting their trills and enjoyment out of watching someone die.  And while Saddam was evil enjoying watching someone die says more about the person watching than it does about Saddam.

I have absolutely no desire to see it. Not sure why anyone would want to, but considering some of the crap that shows up on the internet I'm not surprised that some would.

Iraqis wanting to see it...dunno...

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 11:11:06 PM »

I always imagined tie-dye would make a comeback before public hangings did.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 06:37:10 PM »

I watched it.  I didn't want to watch it, but a friend emailed me a link, so I did.  Made a joke about it and then felt uncomfortable.  There is something within us that makes us look at car wrecks and deformed children.  It is less than noble, but I think it's natural.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:09:19 PM »

That's still only the cell phone cam version, I was thinking this was the "real" video.. (the one they filmed professionally)

When I watched it I just felt pissed off more than anything because Bush is responsible for more deaths than Saddam ever was.. AND Iraq didn't do a damn thing to us for us to justify invading them. (Except possess WMD's.. which were moved to Syria and Iran before the invasion! So they should be next.) It's not our job to be the world police force..
Saddam's "trial" was a joke anyway, he didn't stand a chance when he was being tried by his enemies. The way the officials taunted him at the hanging are proof of that.
I am pro-death pentalty by the way.. but this whole Iraq mess just feels wrong to me, no matter how bad of a guy Saddam may have been.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 09:35:10 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on January 03, 2007, 07:09:19 PM

Saddam's "trial" was a joke anyway, he didn't stand a chance when he was being tried by his enemies.

When he came to power he simply rounded up anyone he felt was a threat claiming they were going to overthrow the government and "tried" and executed them.  I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but the guy didn't deserve a fair trial - he didn't deserve a trial at all.  He deserved to be dead (or worse), and he is.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 09:41:22 PM »

Exactly how many times was the case he was prosecuted for retried?  Three or four?  I kind of lost count.

Another amazing thing is him being tried for and executed for the smallest indictment against him.  Why didn't they wait until ALL the cases against him were settled?  Sounds like a bunch of people had something to hide (like where he got his chemical weapons from, for example).
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »

Its Saddam.  The man did wrong.  His sons did wrong.  Wether or not you agree with Bush, and I personally dont, Saddam did wrong by A LOT of people in his own country.  Yes, we handed him over to them, but its not the first time and it wont be the last that a country hands over a prisoner to a country that would like to do him in.  US didnt want to dirty their hands and od it themselves, so they handed him over to the people he persecuted himself.  Right?  Prolly not.  Was it really smart in the US eyes?  Prolly not again.  With so many people mad at us around the world, if they didnt think the US was really doing it themselves, they still feel that the US was really responsible for it.

I have seen some stills.  Why would people want to see it?  I agree with the car crash thing.  Again, some people are just angry like that.  Some people have a natural hatred of certain types of people.  I am sure there are people that owuld love to see asians, or jews being hurt, but dont want to see 'white' people getting the same treatment.

Its human nature in the end.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 06:09:50 PM »

Did you watch it?
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »

Quote from: VynlSol on January 06, 2007, 06:09:50 PM

Did you watch it?

No.  I don't need to see that kind of thing. 

VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 03:53:44 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 06, 2007, 07:12:09 PM

No.  

thumbsup

I didn't either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: