http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 09:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not more zombie books!  (Read 4339 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Crusis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1059


Horror hack extraordinaire


View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2013, 07:34:26 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on November 22, 2013, 05:03:41 PM

Is this book independent from the "Among" storyline?

It is! In fact it's set in the same world as another one of my books, Beyond the Barriers, but it's different characters and set in a different time/place so no knowledge of the other book is required.

This is a free serial so you can read the book online. It's even optimized for phones. http://z-risen.com
Logged

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 10542


My cocaine


View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2013, 05:02:57 AM »

Quote from: Crusis on November 22, 2013, 07:34:26 PM

Quote from: Scraper on November 22, 2013, 05:03:41 PM

Is this book independent from the "Among" storyline?

It is! In fact it's set in the same world as another one of my books, Beyond the Barriers, but it's different characters and set in a different time/place so no knowledge of the other book is required.

This is a free serial so you can read the book online. It's even optimized for phones. http://z-risen.com

that's good.  I liked the unique twist you have going in that universe.  adding this to the queue.
Logged

Crusis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1059


Horror hack extraordinaire


View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2013, 02:09:12 PM »

It's out early and it's only .99 for the first week of release. The book features a number of sketches by Zach McCain, the guy that did a few of my book covers including Among the Living. I'm a big fan of his work and it was really great to hire him for the project.

Logged

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Crusis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1059


Horror hack extraordinaire


View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 02:32:14 AM »

Well. Z-Risen was a bit of a success. Actually, self-publishing is turning into "quit the day job" kinda money. With that in mind I have been busy.



This is on Amazon now.

Also, my book, Among the Living is getting a German translation and should be out later this year with Festa Verlag publishing. I'm pretty excited to be on the same label as Clive Barker, F. Paul Wilson, and Jack Ketchum.
Logged

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 11552


hmm...


View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 02:36:03 AM »

Quote from: Crusis on April 01, 2014, 02:32:14 AM

Actually, self-publishing is turning into "quit the day job" kinda money.

That's fantastic!  Way to go!
Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15747


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on April 01, 2014, 02:32:14 AM


Also, my book, Among the Living is getting a German translation and should be out later this year with Festa Verlag publishing. I'm pretty excited to be on the same label as Clive Barker, F. Paul Wilson, and Jack Ketchum.

While the money thing is cool, this last part is awesome.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4003



View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »

I just picked up Z-Risen 1. Here's a question though, Z-Risen 2 is free with Prime borrowing. So do you actually get paid when people borrow the book or would we be screwing you out of a sale?
Logged

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Crusis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1059


Horror hack extraordinaire


View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on April 01, 2014, 01:27:41 PM

I just picked up Z-Risen 1. Here's a question though, Z-Risen 2 is free with Prime borrowing. So do you actually get paid when people borrow the book or would we be screwing you out of a sale?

If I have a book in Prime, it means that the ebook can only be sold on Amazon. I can get as many as several hundred borrows a month on Amazon and I actually see more, in royalties, than I do from a sale.
Logged

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4003



View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 03:47:50 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on April 01, 2014, 03:32:38 PM

Quote from: Scraper on April 01, 2014, 01:27:41 PM

I just picked up Z-Risen 1. Here's a question though, Z-Risen 2 is free with Prime borrowing. So do you actually get paid when people borrow the book or would we be screwing you out of a sale?

If I have a book in Prime, it means that the ebook can only be sold on Amazon. I can get as many as several hundred borrows a month on Amazon and I actually see more, in royalties, than I do from a sale.

Nice I guess I will just borrow it when I'm done with part 1.
Logged

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 41 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.031s, 2q)