http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:36:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norway Attacks  (Read 1894 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »

seems a lot is happening in Norway right now

Oslo bombing

There was a Car Bomb earlier today which Killed 7 people and injured 15 people,2 seriously wounded,the buildings where it went off were Government buildings(Prime Minister's building and financial building),it was a public holiday today in Norway,had it been a normal work day more people would of been caught in the blast

Police say it was one or More bombs  disgust

Rescue officials tend to a wounded man after a powerful explosion rocked central Oslo July 22, 2011. A huge explosion damaged government buildings in central Oslo on Friday including Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg's office, injuring several people, a Reuters witness said. The blast blew out most windows on the 17-storey building housing Stoltenberg's office, as well as nearby ministries including the oil ministry, which was on fire.

Soldiers are now being stationed at checkpoints around the city,the city centre has been evacuated and Norway has closed its borders

Holiday Island Utoya shooting

but it seems the worse is yet to be reported as now there are reports of a 'uniformed officer' opening fire at a childrens camp on an island that rescue services are having problems getting to the island which is named Utoya Island

500+ 14-25 year olds are reported to be on that holiday island,where a man dressed as a uniformed officer apparently pulled into the harbour and started shooting with an automatic weapon

The Island is a Labour Political Party Holiday Island where young people discuss Politics etc

these are very early reports,so some details may change..there are saying at least 4 have been shot in the shooting right now

560 people are reported at this Youth Camp

Police said that Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg was due to attend the event.

Norwegian TV2:-Several people are now being reported as being killed in the shooting

One person has been arrested at the Youth Camp,but not much more info at the moment,only details at the moment on the man arrested is that he is 6ft 3,32 year old blond Norwegian who was involved in both incidents,and was shot and wounded

Unconfirmed reports(Eyewitness reports) are now saying that it could be as high as 25-30 people killed at the Holiday Camp,and Divers are also looking for people in the water as young children were throwing themselves into the water to get away,and the water was very cold and their were some very high currents,and more reports say that there were bodies scattered on the waterfront

Police have found another undetonated bomb on the island

EDIT:i will keep editing as the news unfold or stories change,I am getting all this from SKY News(TV channel and Site)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:43:54 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 05:05:34 PM »

If these are silamic jihadists, i suspect the act of killing children in Norway is going to result in the exact opposite of what they hope to have happen.  in other words, pissed off vikings with a taste for vengeance.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »

From your title, I thought Norway was attacking Mars.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 22, 2011, 05:09:17 PM

From your title, I thought Norway was attacking Mars.

ditto, although I was hoping they decided to whomp on Denmark.  In all seriousness though, what have they done to tick anyone off lately?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:25 PM »

Yes, some scary shit unfolding in Oslo right now. Been following the news sites.  icon_frown
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »

I don't pretend to be CSI, but judging from some pix at CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/07/world/hires.oslo.blast/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
*Seems to show venetian blinds now being outside their window sills, which seems to suggest a blast from inside. Er, on closer look I don't know if those are really blinds....  icon_confused
Another pic there also shows some window frames seeming to have been blown outwards:
[Oops, can't link to individual pix there; I was referencing #8 and #13]

I just mentioned it cause some early news reports speculated it might've been a car bomb because there was an overturned car outside the government center. This was the car:
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2011/07/22/oslo_blast/
* "01" in the slideshow there.

The government is saying it was a bomb attack, they just don't know yet if it's a terrorist attack (by an organization) or an attack by a disgruntled individual or something. There was a series of shootings at a government-run youth camp by someone disguised as a police officer, and they think there's a link.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:43:36 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 22, 2011, 06:35:36 PM

I don't pretend to be CSI, but judging from some pix at CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/07/world/hires.oslo.blast/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
*Seems to show venetian blinds now being outside their window sills, which seems to suggest a blast from inside. Er, on closer look I don't know if those are really blinds....  icon_confused
This pic there also shows some window frames seeming to have been blown outwards:

I just mentioned it cause some early news reports speculated it might've been a car bomb.

The government is saying it was a bomb, they just don't know yet if it's a terrorist attack (by an organization) or an attack by a disgruntled individual or something. There was a series of shootings at a government-run youth camp by someone disguised as a police officer, and they think there's a link.

The car could have been in a garage inside that building.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:31:41 PM »

stolen from OO.   This supposedly happen right after the explosion

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 22, 2011, 07:31:41 PM

stolen from OO.   This supposedly happen right after the explosion

as i noted in that linked thread, i had no idea that the explosion was that large. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 07:41:16 PM »

I hope Tilt is okay... Man, this is bad.

I also hope they quickly find out why this happened!

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 07:48:42 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on July 22, 2011, 07:41:16 PM

I hope Tilt is okay... Man, this is bad.

I also hope they quickly find out why this happened!

Thanks for the concern! I don't live in Oslo (dreadful city IMO) and I'm not even in Norway right now anyway.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 07:51:19 PM »

Twitter (which I'm finally starting to get into, at least as a search tool) is streaming top photos from the scene:
https://twitter.com/#!/search/oslo/grid/photos
*Needless to say, much of this may be NSFW (sorry, have to paste that in, I always forget URL coding here)

This diagram is helpful in terms of understanding the location of the buildings, and the scope of things:
https://twitter.com/#!/search/oslo/slideshow/photos?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F5u3y17
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:53:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »

20-25 young bodies down on that island. Terrorist fuckwads already claiming responsibility. According to NYT:
A terror group, Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami, or the Helpers of the Global Jihad, issued a statement claiming responsibility for the attack, according to Will McCants, a terrorism analyst at C.N.A., a research institute that studies terrorism. The message said the attack was a response to Norwegian forces’ presence in Afghanistan and to unspecified insults to the Prophet Muhammad. “We have warned since the Stockholm raid of more operations,” the group said, according to Mr. McCants’ translation, apparently referring to a bombing in Sweden in December 2010. “What you see is only the beginning, and there is more to come.” The claim could not be confirmed. It is not uncommon for terrorist groups to advance claims of responsibility for high-profile attacks, only to have the claims prove to be spurious.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:54:28 PM by PR_GMR » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 09:03:35 PM »

I just saw confirmation that it was a norwegian man and probably just domestic.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 09:22:15 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 22, 2011, 09:03:35 PM

I just saw confirmation that it was a norwegian man and probably just domestic.

yeah i saw that as well,and that he was involved in both incidents,but everyone is keeping tight lipped right now

he is 32 years old and more undetonated Explosives were found on the Island

I am going to stop editing that first post now,i must of edited about 20 times icon_confused
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:28:56 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 02:30:29 AM »

Fuck. NYT and CNN both reporting the toll on the island could be as high as 80.

Doesn't matter who or why. 80 dead kids are an absolute tragedy.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 03:11:53 AM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on July 23, 2011, 02:30:29 AM

Fuck. NYT and CNN both reporting the toll on the island could be as high as 80.

Doesn't matter who or why. 80 dead kids are an absolute tragedy.

I just saw this was 80, that's crazy. 
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 08:04:39 AM »

That island is twenty miles from Oslo.  Eyewitness accounts indicate people called for help via cell phone as they were trying to escape.  The guy had two hours before the police arrived on the island and took him into custody. 

The whole thing is an absolute tragedy, but right now there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:38 AM »

Jesus Christ i just woke up and saw that it is past 80 dead,what a bastard

says its at least 91 with the shootings and the bombing

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

80? Christ.  tear Last night, I thought maybe that was a typo. But it's an island summer camp. Nowhere to run or hide. It makes the 2007 Va. Tech shootings here in Virginia seem like... well... I don't have words for it. Words escape me...

I'm just going to take my mom to see Captain America again today and try to find some refuge there.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 01:09:09 PM »

Just horrible. Domestic terrorism. One of their own. Just no excuse other than he just fell off the deep end of insanity.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »

Some new pictures here

some can be disturbing to look at

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 09:31:12 PM »

I read some coverage about the police response to the island massacre-shooting. Apparently, among other things, the police force had no helicopter on standby duty, and no motor boat available to take its SWAT Team equivalent to the island. Private boaters finally got them there, but something like close to well over an hour passed from the first calls for help from the island to police finally arriving. I'm sure the police will come up w/ excuses, but man, talk about a slow response. No doubt a prompt response would've probably saved dozens of lives -- the guy apparently gave up quietly. The guy had two weapons but didn't see more detail than that so far in reports.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:33:24 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 09:51:37 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 25, 2011, 09:31:12 PM

I read some coverage about the police response to the island massacre-shooting. Apparently, among other things, the police force had no helicopter on standby duty, and no motor boat available to take its SWAT Team equivalent to the island. Private boaters finally got them there, but something like close to well over an hour passed from the first calls for help from the island to police finally arriving. I'm sure the police will come up w/ excuses, but man, talk about a slow response. No doubt a prompt response would've probably saved dozens of lives -- the guy apparently gave up quietly. The guy had two weapons but didn't see more detail than that so far in reports.

I thought their response time was 15 minutes?,i was sympathetic(is that the right word to use?,sounds funny) with the Police due to them having an incident earlier in the day ...but an hour?,that's pretty terrible,no wonder his kill count was so high

all though saying that for some reason,his kill count has gone down now to 76 i think(shootings and bombing),which is still terrible

he did it for Norway and Europe,saying to "save Norway and Western Europe from a Muslim takeover".

and embarrassingly,he was on Norway's Intelligence list since March after illegally buying chemicals online

The killer says he was not working alone and there are 'two other cells',who he was working with,even though he originally said he was working alone,maybe he has said this now to keep fear alive for the Norwegians

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »

go go Glenn Beck.

no, seriously Glenn Beck, go.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 07:10:09 PM »

Sadly, the enormous amount of hypocrisy (hypocricy?) at play with this man is astounding.  He himself runs youth camps.  He's also a mouth piece for the Tea Party, which also hosts youth camps.  

The only possible nazi in Beck's world is Beck himself.

Beck also said he predicted something like this would happen.

"I warned that this what was coming in Europe ... Last fall I said Europe is going to go into financial trouble and it's also going to go into problems with radical Islam."

...make that an illiterate nazi.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »

H.I.P.O.C.R.Y.C.Y!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 02:18:28 PM »

and here's a bit about the prison Whacko may end up in.

Individual cells come with an en-suite bathroom, a flat-screen TV and various comforts. They measure 12 square meters (130 square feet) and are divided up into units (10 to 12) which share a living room and kitchen, similarly to a students' dormitory.

The windows are not fitted with bars, but thick glass is used instead.

[edit] more photos.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 25, 2011, 09:51:37 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on July 25, 2011, 09:31:12 PM

I thought their response time was 15 minutes?
Sorry, I meant to share a link. This was the Associated Press report:

Norway police slammed for slow response to rampage
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hcyWFiNvuVOclvGu4witsCUzzoJg?docId=a9ea35e71dc54756aeb3256cd34a2be9
OSLO, Norway (AP) — When Anders Behring Breivik launched his assault on the youth campers of Utoya Island, he expected Norway's special forces to swoop down and stop him at any minute.

Instead, Delta Force police officers made the 25-mile journey by car — they have no helicopter — then had to be rescued by a civilian craft when their boat broke down as it tried to navigate a one-minute hop to the island.

It took police more than 90 minutes to reach the gunman, who by then had mortally wounded 68 people. Breivik immediately dropped his guns and surrendered, having exceeded his wildest murderous expectations.

As Oslo's police force sounds an increasingly defensive note, international experts said Tuesday that Norway's government and security forces must learn stark lessons from a massacre made worse by a lackadaisical approach to planning for terror.
And it's not even planning to respond to terror attacks. I mean, a police force with no chopper on standby, no plan to keep one boat properly maintained, that's not rocket science to set up. It's just lazy.

Of course hindsight is 20-20, and the country has no experience with this kind of thing. It's just painful to think having some basic, routine stuff (or hell, outsourcing it if the government can't spend the money) could've saved so many lives. And it's not like the killer was brave, it sounds like he would've dropped everything at the first sight of any police, although he apparently did kill the lone part-time security card on the island.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 27, 2011, 02:18:28 PM

Individual cells come with an en-suite bathroom, a flat-screen TV and various comforts. They measure 12 square meters (130 square feet) and are divided up into units (10 to 12) which share a living room and kitchen, similarly to a students' dormitory.

[edit] more photos.

So in Norway, you aren't incarcerated for your crimes insomuch as you get a time out?

edit:  wait...is that a 14 inch flat screen???

Barbarians!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:35:18 PM by hepcat » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 27, 2011, 02:18:28 PM

[edit] more photos.

He would never be placed in that prison. He's never going to be able to fit into a social prison environment since the other prisoners will make life hell for him. I'm sure he'll be placed in some kind of solitary cell for most of his sentence.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 07:27:44 AM »

This guy is on trial right now

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16209118

he has already said that he does not recognize the Norway court and made a Far Right Salute when he had his handcuffs taken off

The 33-year-old is charged with terrorism but he intends to plead not guilty, arguing the attacks were a political act designed to prevent what he described as an Islamic invasion of Norway.

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 05:59:57 PM »

The smirk on that dudes face.

There is not sufficient enough punishment for him.

"Goonies never say die"
RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »

Order of the Death Knight Templar manifesto, Chapter 208: "Social diseases - Carebears"

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 08:09:07 AM »

He has been found sane like the victims families and Breivik himself wanted

He has been sentenced to 21 years and must serve a minimum 10 years   retard

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 24, 2012, 08:09:07 AM

Note that this isn't a normal prison sentence. He's been sentenced to what in Norwegian is called "forvaring", which directly translated means custody. This is the kind of sentence that can be extended indefinitely (in 5-year bursts) as long as a panel concludes that the prisoner is not ready to return to society. In practical terms, Breivik was just sentenced to life in prison.

Norway is very, very careful about using the custody sentencing. Only the most heinous of crimes qualify, and only the most dangerous criminals. Even then, there's usually a mix of a regular prison sentence and custody. I'm not sure, but this might be the harshest prison sentence Norway has ever given, at least since the end of WW2 when we took Quisling out back and shot him (a sentence that even today is highly controversial).
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »

ahh well that's cool then

his damn smirk all the way through was annoying(not sure if this pic was from today)

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 24, 2012, 08:55:27 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 24, 2012, 08:09:07 AM

Note that this isn't a normal prison sentence. He's been sentenced to what in Norwegian is called "forvaring", which directly translated means custody. This is the kind of sentence that can be extended indefinitely (in 5-year bursts) as long as a panel concludes that the prisoner is not ready to return to society. In practical terms, Breivik was just sentenced to life in prison.

Norway is very, very careful about using the custody sentencing. Only the most heinous of crimes qualify, and only the most dangerous criminals. Even then, there's usually a mix of a regular prison sentence and custody. I'm not sure, but this might be the harshest prison sentence Norway has ever given, at least since the end of WW2 when we took Quisling out back and shot him (a sentence that even today is highly controversial).

Yep, I read an article regarding the sentencing and apparently this was the maximum allowed by law. Legal experts feel that he was effectively sentenced to life under "preventative detention" and will never see the light of day again. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »

Interesting Wash. Post blog on the sentencing and the likely type of cell he'll be in:

Making prison worse doesn’t reduce crime. It increases it.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/08/24/making-prison-worse-doesnt-reduce-crime-it-increases-it/?hpid=z4
Anders Behring Breivik, the right-wing Norwegian extremist who massacred 77 people in shooting and bomb attacks last July, has been sentenced to 21 years in jail, the maximum term allowed under Norwegian law. He might serve longer than that. He was sentenced to “containment,” a peculiar feature of Norwegian sentencing in which, after the end of 21 years in prison, a convict is eligible for unlimited five-year extensions of his prison term if he is determined to still be a threat to society.

But the American practice of almost automatically handing out life terms to murderers doesn’t apply. For instance, Varg Vikernes, a Norwegian black metal musician who performs as Burzum, stabbed his friend to death and committed a series of church arsons and was released after only 16 years of his 21 year term.
And that’s only one of Breivik’s three rooms (and yes, his will have a laptop too). As Breivik will be in solitary confinement, he also gets his own exercise room and a bedroom, to compensate him for his lack of access to regular parts of prison life, such as university courses, work in internal shops, the prison gym and the library. You can see a short documentary touring a Norwegian prison here.

Many have an intuitive repulsion to the idea of giving a mass murderer that kind of square footage, with Internet access to boot.
imho, the blog post is misguided because it's trying to generalize "hey does harsh sentences have any real impact on preventing future crime?," rather than, "Hey, this specific mass murderer maybe doesn't deserve any chance at an early release, nor a chance to continue spreading his hate all over the Internet, and why is he staying in something that's seems nicer than Blackjack's freaking condo?"  disgust

Nothing indicates this turkey is in any way, shape or form capable of being rehabilitated or contributing anything positive to society. So, not to sound vengeful, but it really seems a waste. Now if you wanted to stick him in a padded 5X5 cell covered with photos of all of his victims and zero access to the Internet and nothing to do but stew in his own hatred with no way to keep spreading it, for the rest of his miserable life, I'm all for that.  mad That's clearly not in the cards...

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 06:10:31 PM »

That article is VERY misleading. Breivik gets two extra rooms because he's in confinement. The "exercise room" is a treadmill and a basic weight machine. They limit prisoners from any apparatus or equipment that can be used to build too much muscle, or which can be used as a weapon. His "computer with internet access" is a sorry excuse for a laptop that has been securely attached to a simple table and can only be used for typing or reading from an archived copy of wikipedia. It does NOT have internet access. Norwegian prisoners do not get that luxury. The computer does have a few games, but most of what he has asked for in games has been refused for a variety of reasons including violence. I have no idea what he has there, but I do know that he was pretty disappointed.

His rooms are under constant monitoring by prison guards, except for his bedroom which is checked regularly but not constantly. I've seen pictures of both the other rooms, and I can tell you that I would have gone crazy in the first week there. Those of you who think these prisoners have it too good haven't stopped to think about how you would experience that kind of situation. Can you imagine being in total solitude for years, with only the guards to talk to once in a while? Can you imagine not having a single person who wishes to visit you, or call you? Can you imagine having every single letter you write read by the guards and potentially censored or even discarded entirely, with you only hearing about it after the fact? Can you imagine having a guard knock on your bedroom door and tell you to stop masturbating because they can see everything you do on camera and you're not allowed to do that kind of thing? Can you imagine being forced to get up every day to do the kind of menial physical jobs that the rest of society doesn't want for next to no pay, alone and under constant supervision? Can you imagine the weekend approaching, knowing that the only thing that means is that you can sleep in?

Prison is hell because it's confinement over an extended period of time, and it takes away your fundamental rights as a citizen. That's all it has to be for the punishment to already feel complete and oppressive, despite any "luxury" you might have in your cell. On the other hand, you don't want to punish your prisoners so hard that the only way they can see to survive is to continue their life of crime, which is what the American prison system does.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: