http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 02:03:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Starts tonight......NOT!  (Read 1265 times)
Steron
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2004, 02:15:57 PM »

All I can say is I'm bummed out that the NHL season is on hold. As a NY Rangers fan I was excited to see what they were going to do this season. Nice to see some youth back on my team. I have heard it might take as long as two years before we see another NHL game. I really hope this isn't the case. I am hoping that they get it worked out this year, but it isn't looking good.

I think the NHL expanded entirely too fast and into too many markets that won't support a team. IMO, I think the NHL can lose some teams without much impact.

Off the top of my head I would say the Pens, Thrashers, Hurricanes, Panthers, Blue Jackets, Predators and Ducks can all go.

Oh yeah. The Devils can go too. But only because I really dislike them cause they beat up on my Rangers all the time.  biggrin

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.
Dick Vermeil

ANOTHER GoneGold Refugee
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 02:23:37 PM »

I don't watch hockey, but I feel for all those that do.  It sucks to look forward to a season and a strike screws it up.

Here's hoping they eventually work things out to the betterment of the league and get back to playing.
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:40:57 PM »

Oh yeah. The Devils can go too. But only because I really dislike them cause they beat up on my Rangers all the time

You are my bitch!  :lol:

You could probably blame the whole lockout on the Rangers. How's that Holik contract working out for you?

I miss my Devs  :cry:

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 02:52:25 PM »

The days of an ever expanding open market for the players are over. The NHL can't sustain it, and the players need to wake up and realize it.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 03:58:59 PM »

Quote from: "Steron"
All I can say is I'm bummed out that the NHL season is on hold. As a NY Rangers fan I was excited to see what they were going to do this season. Nice to see some youth back on my team. I have heard it might take as long as two years before we see another NHL game. I really hope this isn't the case. I am hoping that they get it worked out this year, but it isn't looking good.

You were actually looking forward to the Rangers season? You're a brave soul. I wish they had Glen Sather managing Yankees because then I could make fun of them. Hell, a salary cap would probably help this team so they don't get all spending happy.

And no NHL season means no office pool on the number of concussions Lindros will get. I kid I kid!

I just miss hockey. The Bruins probably would have been pretty bad this year so I don't miss any lost opportunities, but now I have nothing to turn to help me after the Sox suffer they're inevitable heartbreaking defeat.
Steron
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 04:52:13 PM »

Originally posted by Koz
You were actually looking forward to the Rangers season?

Yeah, I actually was. Then again, I was looking forward to the Orioles season too. I was kind of hoping to see Jagr with the team the entire year and liked the possibility of seeing Henrik Lundqvist break onto the team. I don't think Blackburn has what it takes. Was also kind of hoping Lundmark would come into his own this season as well.

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.
Dick Vermeil

ANOTHER GoneGold Refugee
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 04:55:14 PM »

Lundmark could be a good player. I remember he tore it up in preseason a year or two ago and so I drafted him on my fantasy team thinking I was all cool. Whoops.

Still, he gives me that Pavel Datsyuk feel. Yeah, you heard it, Lundmark will be a stud. First round pick all the way!

OK, that's the last time I pimp a Ranger.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 05:21:07 PM »

Hey now, I love my Pens frown

TheMissingLink on PSN
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 07:02:51 PM »

It figures that right after my Sharks have just a kick ass season, there is a work stoppage.  BAH!  :angry:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: