http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 11:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Season 2011-2012  (Read 21011 times)
kratz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 08, 2012, 02:35:50 PM »

GO KINGS!
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 08, 2012, 03:20:12 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 08, 2012, 04:40:42 AM

Good God are the Oilers ever a terrible team. You'd think their players would have some concern for their jobs and actually play decently in the last game of the season, but they absolutely caved to the Canucks getting outshot 42-17. Honestly, if it wasn't for the stellar play of their goalie Dubnyk they would have lost by far more than 3-zip. The NHL really needs to turn the AHL into a lower linked league like the Premier division and 2nd Division in English Football. That way they could boot teams like the Oilers and Bluejackets down to that league and stop them from whoring all the top prospects.  icon_razz

Woo hoo, Hockey Night in Canuckistan just cut to the Kings Vs Sharks game with 10 minutes left. Awesome!

finger

Having a D composed of several AHL players and worse than AHL players tends to ruin your chances, no matter how well the rest of your team plays.  F-ing Canucks fans...  You'd think someone who cheers for a team who's won exactly 0 cups in their entire history and who's entire playoff success consists of 1994 and 2010 would be careful about throwing around terms like 'terrible team'.  Yes, the Canucks are decent right now!  Congrats.  Shut your yap about how bad you may or may not think other teams are if you don't know what you're talking about. 
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 08, 2012, 03:28:47 PM »

Wow, someone's bitter and living in the past.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 08, 2012, 03:29:10 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on April 08, 2012, 07:18:16 AM

Can someone explain to me WTF VRWC means?

You haven't been keeping up with the thread, have you?

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 08, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 08, 2012, 01:49:50 PM

I am hoping playoff LALONGO finds himself too.  That's always fun (for me, anyway).

Unfortunately sad but true. His psychological challenges probably wouldn't be so obvious if it wasn't for the fact he's bookended by the oh-so-cool Schneider. Don't forget though, he has a much shorter leash this year. As well, Schneider has been deliberately tossed into a number of challenging games this season to help him avoid a repeat of his Chicago series debut.

I'm looking forward to this series and when I start typing out all my predictions I already know I'm predicting the full 7 games for this one.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: April 08, 2012, 05:02:05 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 08, 2012, 03:20:12 PM

Good God are the Oilers ever a terrible team. You'd think their players would have some concern for their jobs and actually play decently in the last game of the season, but they absolutely caved to the Canucks getting outshot 42-17. Honestly, if it wasn't for the stellar play of their goalie Dubnyk they would have lost by far more than 3-zip. The NHL really needs to turn the AHL into a lower linked league like the Premier division and 2nd Division in English Football. That way they could boot teams like the Oilers and Bluejackets down to that league and stop them from whoring all the top prospects.  icon_razz

Woo hoo, Hockey Night in Canuckistan just cut to the Kings Vs Sharks game with 10 minutes left. Awesome!

finger

Having a D composed of several AHL players and worse than AHL players tends to ruin your chances, no matter how well the rest of your team plays.  F-ing Canucks fans...  You'd think someone who cheers for a team who's won exactly 0 cups in their entire history and who's entire playoff success consists of 1994 and 2010 would be careful about throwing around terms like 'terrible team'.  Yes, the Canucks are decent right now!  Congrats.  Shut your yap about how bad you may or may not think other teams are if you don't know what you're talking about. 

Spoken like a true Oilers fan?  Let me guess you are from Alberta.

They're so cute when they get angry, especially when they bring up how many cups the Oilers have, and the Canucks don't.  It actually gets pretty tiresome after a while.  Congrats on the dynasty.. now excuse me while I watch my team in the playoffs.. not lining up at the draft.

"Goonies never say die"
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 08, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »

finger

Having a D composed of several AHL players and worse than AHL players tends to ruin your chances, no matter how well the rest of your team plays.  F-ing Canucks fans...  You'd think someone who cheers for a team who's won exactly 0 cups in their entire history and who's entire playoff success consists of 1994 and 2010 would be careful about throwing around terms like 'terrible team'.  Yes, the Canucks are decent right now!  Congrats.  Shut your yap about how bad you may or may not think other teams are if you don't know what you're talking about.

Huh, where you get that my comments were a rah rah go Canucks chant escapes me. I was commenting on the piss poor play of a team that's been consistently bad for a number of seasons now. And BS its just their defence;  a team doesn't get blanked and outshot 42-17 in a game solely on account of their defensive core. IMO their whoas start at the most senior level and run throughout the organization down to the D-core. Great that their fail-to-nail approach has netted them some talented young gunners, but management teams them with players like Eager.  retard I had high hopes for Tambellini based on the sound performance he put in as a Canucks Exec, but good God his results have been dismal. I'm glad you're content with the status quo, but I personally find it embarassing that only 2 Canadian teams will make the postseason - at least the Flames and Jets put in a good fight for 8th and the Habs manged an imperssive season ender.
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 08, 2012, 06:15:11 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 08, 2012, 05:17:19 PM

finger

Having a D composed of several AHL players and worse than AHL players tends to ruin your chances, no matter how well the rest of your team plays.  F-ing Canucks fans...  You'd think someone who cheers for a team who's won exactly 0 cups in their entire history and who's entire playoff success consists of 1994 and 2010 would be careful about throwing around terms like 'terrible team'.  Yes, the Canucks are decent right now!  Congrats.  Shut your yap about how bad you may or may not think other teams are if you don't know what you're talking about.

Huh, where you get that my comments were a rah rah go Canucks chant escapes me. I was commenting on the piss poor play of a team that's been consistently bad for a number of seasons now. And BS its just their defence;  a team doesn't get blanked and outshot 42-17 in a game solely on account of their defensive core. IMO their whoas start at the most senior level and run throughout the organization down to the D-core. Great that their fail-to-nail approach has netted them some talented young gunners, but management teams them with players like Eager.  retard I had high hopes for Tambellini based on the sound performance he put in as a Canucks Exec, but good God his results have been dismal. I'm glad you're content with the status quo, but I personally find it embarassing that only 2 Canadian teams will make the postseason - at least the Flames and Jets put in a good fight for 8th and the Habs manged an imperssive season ender.

Which only serves to highlight my point about not knowing what you're talking about.  Go take a look at the Oilers road record in the second half.  Go take a look at the Oilers record in March.  Go take a look at the Oilers record back in October.  Compare the number of 1 goal losses this year to the number of 1 goal losses in 2010.  Look at the Oilers special teams this season compared to last season.  The Oilers improved leaps and bounds this year, despite our GM (and coach that doesn't understand line matching or chemistry).  Tambellini is an idiot, you're right - he trades away our best d in Gilbert and signs terrible players for support like Barker, Hordichuck and Eager (look, more ex-Canucks!) instead of getting the pieces we need.  The Oil underachieved this year because of management.  I'm not content with the status quo - it's time this team got a real GM instead of leftovers from Vancouver or old boys from the 80s.  Having said that, anyone who looks at the Oilers in 2011-2012 and says 'Lord, what a terrible team, they should be in the AHL' is someone who either doesn't understand hockey, or doesn't know anything about the Oilers.  Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Hemsky, Gagner, Petry, Smid and Dubnyk are a core that rivals any other team in the league - our GM and Coach keep picking up veterans that are holding the rest of the team back.

And yes, teams do get outshot and pinned in their own end when their defense is incapable of keeping the other team out of their zone and getting the puck up to the forwards.
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 08, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on April 08, 2012, 05:02:05 PM

finger

They're so cute when they get angry, especially when they bring up how many cups the Oilers have, and the Canucks don't.  It actually gets pretty tiresome after a while.  Congrats on the dynasty.. now excuse me while I watch my team in the playoffs.. not lining up at the draft.

Enjoy!  Try not to burn down the city this time.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 08, 2012, 06:16:28 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 08, 2012, 06:15:46 PM

Quote from: El-Producto on April 08, 2012, 05:02:05 PM

finger

Enjoy!  Try not to burn down the city this time.

Thank you for continually reinforcing my point.

"Goonies never say die"
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 08, 2012, 07:32:17 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 08, 2012, 06:15:11 PM

Which only serves to highlight my point about not knowing what you're talking about.  Go take a look at the Oilers road record in the second half.  Go take a look at the Oilers record in March.  Go take a look at the Oilers record back in October.  Compare the number of 1 goal losses this year to the number of 1 goal losses in 2010.  Look at the Oilers special teams this season compared to last season.  The Oilers improved leaps and bounds this year, despite our GM (and coach that doesn't understand line matching or chemistry).  Tambellini is an idiot, you're right - he trades away our best d in Gilbert and signs terrible players for support like Barker, Hordichuck and Eager (look, more ex-Canucks!) instead of getting the pieces we need.  The Oil underachieved this year because of management.  I'm not content with the status quo - it's time this team got a real GM instead of leftovers from Vancouver or old boys from the 80s.  Having said that, anyone who looks at the Oilers in 2011-2012 and says 'Lord, what a terrible team, they should be in the AHL' is someone who either doesn't understand hockey, or doesn't know anything about the Oilers.  Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Hemsky, Gagner, Petry, Smid and Dubnyk are a core that rivals any other team in the league - our GM and Coach keep picking up veterans that are holding the rest of the team back.

All of which gets a big whatever from me. I go by the stat that counts and last I looked the Oilers were 2nd to last in the entire league. I don't deny Hall, Eberle and Nuge are good players that may eventually amount to great ones; albeit I'm admittedly annoyed the Oilers have all of them due to consistently underachieving. Great they had times of consistency during this season, but that means absolutely squat if it doesn't translate into a postseason. If you don't understand that then you sir truly don't understand the sport of hockey.

And yes, teams do get outshot and pinned in their own end when their defense is incapable of keeping the other team out of their zone and getting the puck up to the forwards.

OK then, guess we differ on what the entire role of the offense then. If the D can't get the freakin puck out of their zone don't you think the offence should chip in with a bit of 2-way play. Good Lord man, Bob Gainey showed the league that was the correct way to play offense decades and decades ago!  icon_eek

I have to reiterate "whatever". I'm done with the senseless turn this has taken and moving on to the Playoffs thread.   Roll Eyes
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 09, 2012, 05:56:13 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 08, 2012, 07:32:17 PM

Quote from: Rowdy on April 08, 2012, 06:15:11 PM

Which only serves to highlight my point about not knowing what you're talking about.  Go take a look at the Oilers road record in the second half.  Go take a look at the Oilers record in March.  Go take a look at the Oilers record back in October.  Compare the number of 1 goal losses this year to the number of 1 goal losses in 2010.  Look at the Oilers special teams this season compared to last season.  The Oilers improved leaps and bounds this year, despite our GM (and coach that doesn't understand line matching or chemistry).  Tambellini is an idiot, you're right - he trades away our best d in Gilbert and signs terrible players for support like Barker, Hordichuck and Eager (look, more ex-Canucks!) instead of getting the pieces we need.  The Oil underachieved this year because of management.  I'm not content with the status quo - it's time this team got a real GM instead of leftovers from Vancouver or old boys from the 80s.  Having said that, anyone who looks at the Oilers in 2011-2012 and says 'Lord, what a terrible team, they should be in the AHL' is someone who either doesn't understand hockey, or doesn't know anything about the Oilers.  Hall, Eberle, Nuge, Hemsky, Gagner, Petry, Smid and Dubnyk are a core that rivals any other team in the league - our GM and Coach keep picking up veterans that are holding the rest of the team back.

All of which gets a big whatever from me. I go by the stat that counts and last I looked the Oilers were 2nd to last in the entire league. I don't deny Hall, Eberle and Nuge are good players that may eventually amount to great ones; albeit I'm admittedly annoyed the Oilers have all of them due to consistently underachieving.

Eberle was drafted 22nd overall.  The Oilers have had exactly 2 lottery picks in their history - Hall, and Nuge.  Anyway - enjoy the playoffs. 
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: