http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 08:15:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Season 2011-2012  (Read 20498 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 02, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 02, 2012, 04:35:24 PM

Quote from: Kagath on March 02, 2012, 07:00:47 AM

Quote from: hammer600 on March 02, 2012, 06:49:53 AM

Wings fan for 40 plus years. The West is tough...Canucks look good, although like everyone else I hate them. Hawks and Sharks just dont seem to have it. So that leaves 3 boring teams .. the Blues, Coyotes and Predators. Call me crazy, but something tells me Nashville will win the west.
Wings here too but yeah they need to change something. When Lidstrom retires it seems like it will be the end of the team. They just seem to fall apart when he's not around to babysit.

I disagree... I think they have a great team, even without Lidstrom.  Obviously he's a HUGE piece (don't get me wrong, the guy is my favorite player), but he's not the only piece.  I didn't get to see the win in Columbus, but did they look bad? They won...

Those recent losses had several factors:

Oh, I don't know, the best two way forward in the entire league not playing.
Howard returning from an extended layoff... takes people a little bit of time to get back up to speed.
Going on the road after an extended home stand.
Hockey.

I'm not worried.  Especially if they land Weber when Lidstrom leaves. smile

I've admittedly only seen the Wings in a handful of games this year in addition to those they played against the Cancuks, but in those they've looked terrific. And with them you always have to consider their best asset; coach Babcock. I really got to form an opinion about him when I watched him coach Team Canada to gold, and IMO he's the best head coach in the NHL right now - certainly shoulders above Alain Vigneault IMO.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:37 PM »

Yeah, the whole org good.  They have a good eye for talent where other people don't see it, commit to players and let them develop, and coach them well.  I like what they do, from there all the way to the ice... clean game, high skill... yup.  I'm feeling good about this post season.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2012, 01:54:12 AM »

First 32:00 of this game the wings have looked great w/o Lidstrom and Datsyuk.

EDIT: Starting to feel bad for the Wild.  Wings just put on a 5 on 5 clinic to a goal, then scored on a flukey fluttering bouncing puck from Ian White about a minute later.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:03:53 AM by kratz » Logged
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2012, 02:15:52 AM »

I don't feel bad for the Caps.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »

Nobody feels bad for the caps.  I'll watch the condensed version of that tomorrow.  Looks like an ass kicking.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 03, 2012, 03:17:26 AM »

Quote from: kratz on March 03, 2012, 01:54:12 AM

EDIT: Starting to feel bad for the Wild.  Wings just put on a 5 on 5 clinic to a goal, then scored on a flukey fluttering bouncing puck from Ian White about a minute later.
In their defense the Wild aren't very offensive. Well, I suppose some people hate them, but the team doesn't usually score too many it seems. They didn't show much effort tonight though.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 03, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 03, 2012, 03:17:26 AM

Quote from: kratz on March 03, 2012, 01:54:12 AM

In their defense the Wild aren't very offensive. Well, I suppose some people hate them, but the team doesn't usually score too many it seems. They didn't show much effort tonight though.

The night before the Wild were playing great...
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 03, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »

Zubrus' goal was pretty great, and really all the other ones the Devils scored were pretty sexy.
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »

Wilson gone in Toronto..Habs Leafs tonite. Could be good although both are non-playoff teams.

Go Wings!
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »

Cmon Sharks, you can't do us a favor and beat down those pesky Blues?

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2012, 04:44:49 PM »

Quote from: ScubaV on March 04, 2012, 03:59:53 PM

Right now they can't beat anyone.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2012, 07:06:26 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 04, 2012, 04:44:49 PM

Quote from: ScubaV on March 04, 2012, 03:59:53 PM

Right now they can't beat anyone.
icon_biggrin

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: March 04, 2012, 08:16:22 PM »

Bruins dominate the Rangers and still find a way to lose. So frustrating watching them the past 2.5 months.
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 04, 2012, 09:09:56 PM »

I wouldnt worry about the Bruins. Does any team in the East stand a chance against them in a seven game series? Short answer..nope. Flyers, Pens and Devils will be slaughtered if they play the bad B's.

That leaves the Rangers, but I just cant see them winning 4 out of 7.

I earlier posted that I have this ominous feeling that the Preds will come out of the West. So its Boston-Nashville in the final. Yikes

Go Wings!
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 04, 2012, 09:24:59 PM »

Oh and on a sidenote, the Habs have apparently given up on the season. Sacre bleu...this is unacceptable

Go Wings!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 04, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »

Quote from: hammer600 on March 04, 2012, 09:24:59 PM

Oh and on a sidenote, the Habs have apparently given up on the season. Sacre bleu...this is unacceptable

Did you just now come to that realization?  I thought they had given up months ago.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: March 06, 2012, 04:39:53 AM »

EVERYONE RELAX!

Marty Turco is here to save the day.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 06, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »

Watched the condensed version of the Wings/Hawks game from Sunday... really looked like the Wings only lost on the scoreboard, which is a bummer. 

Then I see Howard is hurt.  Howard, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Ericsson, Bertuzzi & Kindl injured and out... Cleary, Zetterberg, Quincey all injured and skating.  Yeesh.  This is not good.

Hope this all clears up in time for the playoffs... and doesn't affect things enough to prevent  them getting home ice.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 07, 2012, 02:35:17 AM »

Kovy was a monster. Everywhere. All night.

Anyone remember Brad Richards? On the ice for 20 minutes and not sure he even touched the puck once.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 07, 2012, 03:10:28 AM »

Suck it, Detroit!  It's about time the wings dealt with losing their#1 goalie, best d-man, and best forward at the same time like divisional opponents have had to deal with over the past few years.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 07, 2012, 03:40:07 AM »

Actually wanted Detroit to win that one. Stupid Wings!

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 07, 2012, 04:02:55 AM »

Quote from: Devil on March 07, 2012, 03:40:07 AM

Actually wanted Detroit to win that one. Stupid Wings!
sorry for your Devils, but conference rivalries are more important.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 07, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »

Quote from: theohall on March 07, 2012, 03:10:28 AM

Suck it, Detroit!  It's about time the wings dealt with losing their#1 goalie, best d-man, and best forward at the same time like divisional opponents have had to deal with over the past few years.

Yes, this is the first time in the past few years this has happened to the wings.  Roll Eyes
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 07, 2012, 06:13:17 AM »

This is far less entertaining than your usual posts, FYI.

Kings beat Nashville tonight in a game I expected them to lose.  Yay!
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:12 AM »

Quote from: kratz on March 07, 2012, 04:28:15 AM

Yes, this is the first time in the past few years this has happened to the wings.  Roll Eyes

When you lose Datsyuk for 40+ games in back to back seasons, or - a top 3 forward for 90+ games, your top goalie for 20 games and 2 of your top 3 d-men for 20+ games - your "rollie eyes" might actually mean something.  About time Detoilet has to SUCK IT during the playoff stretch.

Blues - #1 in the West.  smile
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 07, 2012, 04:11:33 PM »

Clown shoes.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 07, 2012, 04:59:37 PM »

At least with the Sharks missing the playoffs this season I won't have to stress about them choking again.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 07, 2012, 05:52:54 PM »

Dude, if the Sharks miss the playoffs I won't have to worry about them knocking out the wings in the second round. This is a GREAT idea!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 07, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »

The Sedins have decided to stop scoring with 15 games left in the season - good Lord talk about sucktastic timing!  Roll Eyes
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 07, 2012, 06:52:23 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 07, 2012, 05:52:54 PM

Dude, if the Sharks miss the playoffs I won't have to worry about them knocking out the wings in the second round. This is a GREAT idea!
My thinking exactly.  stirthepot

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »

Quote from: gellar on March 07, 2012, 06:13:17 AM

This is far less entertaining than your usual posts, FYI.

Seriously. More OUTRAGE, less whining please.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 08, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »

Yet another Red Wing player not suspended after putting a shoulder directly into a player's head.  The interesting part - the reason was Voracek should not have put himself in that position, but that did not apply when Cole was suspended 3 games for hitting a Red Wing player, Abdelkader, who put himself in a vulnerable position.  Heck, the doggone safety videos specifically mention players understanding they could seriously injury someone and taking some honus upon themselves before hitting someone in the head, specifically the way Kronwall lowered his shoulder and drove it directly through Voracek's head.  There are example videos from the pre-season specifically showing what Kronwall did as a suspendable offense.  So why the F wasn't Kronwall suspended????  OMG - Shanahan can't suspend a Red Wings player what with all their current injuries, regardless of the fact that hit could have caused serious injury to Voracek's head.  What happened to the league actually protecting players from head hits specifically like the one Kronwall dished out???  There was no need to drive directly through Voracek's head - which was the exact reason given when Cole was suspended for hitting a Abdelkader.  Nice double standard by the former Red Wing Shanahan.

And here will come - it wasn't an elbow, he just skated through, and Vorackek shouldn't have put himself in that position.  All three of those "reasons" apply to the Cole hit on Abdelkader, but Cole was still suspended.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 08, 2012, 03:33:11 PM »

Quote from: theohall on March 08, 2012, 02:43:32 PM

Yet another Red Wing player not suspended after putting a shoulder directly into a player's head.  The interesting part - the reason was Voracek should not have put himself in that position, but that did not apply when Cole was suspended 3 games for hitting a Red Wing player, Abdelkader, who put himself in a vulnerable position.  Heck, the doggone safety videos specifically mention players understanding they could seriously injury someone and taking some honus upon themselves before hitting someone in the head, specifically the way Kronwall lowered his shoulder and drove it directly through Voracek's head.  There are example videos from the pre-season specifically showing what Kronwall did as a suspendable offense.  So why the F wasn't Kronwall suspended????  OMG - Shanahan can't suspend a Red Wings player what with all their current injuries, regardless of the fact that hit could have caused serious injury to Voracek's head.  What happened to the league actually protecting players from head hits specifically like the one Kronwall dished out???  There was no need to drive directly through Voracek's head - which was the exact reason given when Cole was suspended for hitting a Abdelkader.  Nice double standard by the former Red Wing Shanahan.

And here will come - it wasn't an elbow, he just skated through, and Vorackek shouldn't have put himself in that position.  All three of those "reasons" apply to the Cole hit on Abdelkader, but Cole was still suspended.

icon_lol

Hilarious, but unsurprising, that you can't tell the difference between those two hits.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 08, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »

I was only surprised he hadn't mentioned it earlier...
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 08, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on March 08, 2012, 03:33:11 PM

Quote from: theohall on March 08, 2012, 02:43:32 PM

icon_lol

Hilarious, but unsurprising, that you can't tell the difference between those two hits.

Yet no comment from you irt the NHL safety videos which show this specific type of hit as being suspendable???  Suddenly, it is not suspendable when Kronwall does it?
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: March 08, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »

No, the videos don't show full body hits like Kronwall's as being illegal.  As usual, you're making things up out of whole cloth.  Sorry that you can't tell the difference because you're so blinded by your OUTRAGE.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 08, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »

Yes!  This is more like it.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 08, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1094652-nicklas-kronwall-nhl-smart-not-to-suspend-red-wings-star-for-jakub-voracek-hit

Voracek didn't have enough awareness in this moment, and that's why he was caught off guard by Kronwall's massive hit.

The NHL has been inconsistent when it comes to handing out suspensions and fines for big hits recently, but in this case, it got the call absolutely right.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/witness-niklas-kronwall-devastating-hit-jakub-voracek-red-020852563.html

Should this warrant a suspension? Of course not. It's a brutal, legal hockey hit that caught Voracek with his head down, attempting to finesse the puck with one hand along the boards. He glances up before he plays the puck. He knows there's a defender near the blue line. Made he didn't know it was Swedish one-man wrecking crew, but he knew someone was there, and ran the risk.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 08, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »

It's a vast conspiracy that also covers hockey bloggers.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 08, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »

...and Jakub Voracek!

“It was a clean hit from my side, it was my bad and I think those hits should stay in the game”. Flyers winger Jakub Voracek on the Kronwall hit.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: