http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 10:05:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Season 2011-2012  (Read 20760 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: February 28, 2012, 02:50:12 AM »

Rangers. Killing me.

Lining up to lose 4 in a row, 3 to my favorite teams (Van, Bos, NY)!

Pissed!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »

Quote from: Koz on February 28, 2012, 02:38:17 AM

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what Vancouver was thinking with that one. Kassian could certainly turn out to be great, but I thought Hodgson was generally considered a can't-miss player now.

I think Gillis and crew thought they needed some size, grit and more shut-down, so Kassian along with the Pahlsson trade with Columbus are supposed to provide that. I think its a gamble though, as neither Kassian or Gragnani are proven at the NHL level. Pahlsson has played with the Sedins before, so I could see him possibly fitting in as a Canuck. He was also terrific in 2007 with the Ducks run to the cup, but not so much since. Canucks also have a lot of strength in the center position, to the extent that Hodgson really couldn't get the play time he deserved.

Long term, my bets are that this will end up being a better deal for Hodgson than it will be for the Canucks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:15:02 AM by kronovan » Logged
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:16 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 25, 2012, 10:21:30 PM

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 05:36:58 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on February 25, 2012, 04:35:17 PM

I actually found a video of Shea Weber hitting Sobotka on Thursday.  There's nothing suspension worthy there, either.

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

It's kind of sad that a) I found the *real* video of the hit, and b) Theo thinks a hit where Sobotka put himself in a bad position is suspension worthy.
So when Abdelkader draws suspensions for hits to the head by lowering his head, it's perfectly ok.

Yet when someone can go anywhere along the boards and a defenseman puts his shoulder square into that guys head it is perfectly ok.  What is your team again, pr0ner?   I hope your team loses 3 or more players to concussions during the playoff stretch, too, while head hits continue to not be enforced equally around the NHL.  (yes, the Blues have 2 forwards and a defenseman out right now for concussions).  But, apparently, you don't care if players get heads slammed into the boards by shoulders and the head is the primary point of contact, as you have used as the argument elsewhere.  Next time it happens to your team and nothing happens, I will be here to remind you.  I actually hope it happens in the first round of the playoffs, you lose your best scorer, and come here crying about it when your team is eliminated in the first round.  (If you are Leafs fan, nevermind, because it won't matter anyway).
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 28, 2012, 06:24:49 AM »

Quote from: theohall on February 28, 2012, 06:05:16 AM

I actually found a video of Shea Weber hitting Sobotka on Thursday.  There's nothing suspension worthy there, either.

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

It's kind of sad that a) I found the *real* video of the hit, and b) Theo thinks a hit where Sobotka put himself in a bad position is suspension worthy.
So when Abdelkader draws suspensions for hits to the head by lowering his head, it's perfectly ok.

Yet when someone can go anywhere along the boards and a defenseman puts his shoulder square into that guys head it is perfectly ok.  What is your team again, pr0ner?   I hope your team loses 3 or more players to concussions during the playoff stretch, too, while head hits continue to not be enforced equally around the NHL.  (yes, the Blues have 2 forwards and a defenseman out right now for concussions).  But, apparently, you don't care if players get heads slammed into the boards by shoulders and the head is the primary point of contact, as you have used as the argument elsewhere.  Next time it happens to your team and nothing happens, I will be here to remind you.  I actually hope it happens in the first round of the playoffs, you lose your best scorer, and come here crying about it when your team is eliminated in the first round.  (If you are Leafs fan, nevermind, because it won't matter anyway).

This is fucking pathetic.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 28, 2012, 06:30:49 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 28, 2012, 06:24:49 AM

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

That is your entire reply.  No details.  The patheticness is your lack of naming your team or any context in your reply.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 28, 2012, 06:37:13 AM »

It's impossible to take anything you say about hockey seriously anymore because you are such a blatant homer that you say absolutely nothing that's rational or close to correct.  You misinterpret and misunderstand the rules, you misjudge hits.  That you have repeatedly wished bodily harm on players in the NHL because of your blind bias and inability to think critically is what is pathetic; it's nothing that I have said.

And you should know who my team is.  It's been mentioned on here and on OO repeatedly throughout the years.  Repeating it to satisfy your lame blood lust is unnecessary.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 28, 2012, 02:29:24 PM »

pr0ner - How dare anyone take shots at your Panthers!!

slywink

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 28, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 28, 2012, 02:29:24 PM

pr0ner - How dare anyone take shots at your Panthers!!

slywink

Probably because the Panthers are a team everyone should fear meeting in the playoffs!!

icon_twisted

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 28, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 28, 2012, 06:37:13 AM

You misinterpret and misunderstand the rules, you misjudge hits. 

Yep.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 28, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on February 28, 2012, 03:13:00 AM

Quote from: Koz on February 28, 2012, 02:38:17 AM

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what Vancouver was thinking with that one. Kassian could certainly turn out to be great, but I thought Hodgson was generally considered a can't-miss player now.

I think Gillis and crew thought they needed some size, grit and more shut-down, so Kassian along with the Pahlsson trade with Columbus are supposed to provide that. I think its a gamble though, as neither Kassian or Gragnani are proven at the NHL level. Pahlsson has played with the Sedins before, so I could see him possibly fitting in as a Canuck. He was also terrific in 2007 with the Ducks run to the cup, but not so much since. Canucks also have a lot of strength in the center position, to the extent that Hodgson really couldn't get the play time he deserved.

Long term, my bets are that this will end up being a better deal for Hodgson than it will be for the Canucks.

I agree, but I don't think the trade is as bad as you think it will be long term.  Kassian instantly becomes the Canucks toughest player, has some skill, and will provide a presence the Canucks frankly have not had at all the last few years.  He's a guy that will help prevent your other guys from being pushed around like little pansies.  He is your Lucic, if you will.

Hodgson will certainly provide more points over his career, but I'm not certain he will be more valuable.  And it's not like the Canucks have a shortage of goal scoring.

I'm certainly looking forward to watching the Kings play the Canucks less now given that Kassian is in there versus Hodgson.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 28, 2012, 05:08:35 PM »

Quote from: theohall on February 28, 2012, 06:30:49 AM

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

That is your entire reply.  No details.  The patheticness is your lack of naming your team or any context in your reply.

Yes, he is totally the pathetic one by not naming a team so you can't place your voodoo curse on them.  What a total pussy.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 28, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 28, 2012, 05:08:35 PM

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

Yes, he is totally the pathetic one by not naming a team so you can't place your voodoo curse on them.  What a total pussy.

How's Jeff Carter holding up?

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 28, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 28, 2012, 06:05:58 PM

Quote from: gellar on February 28, 2012, 05:08:35 PM

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

Relatively certain his head is still attached to his body, but I didn't catch last night's game so maybe Weber unleashed one of his flying time travel elbows of doom.  Maybe it was so huge we won't even see it until the FUTURE.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 28, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 28, 2012, 05:07:12 PM

I agree, but I don't think the trade is as bad as you think it will be long term.  Kassian instantly becomes the Canucks toughest player, has some skill, and will provide a presence the Canucks frankly have not had at all the last few years.  He's a guy that will help prevent your other guys from being pushed around like little pansies.  He is your Lucic, if you will.

Hodgson will certainly provide more points over his career, but I'm not certain he will be more valuable.  And it's not like the Canucks have a shortage of goal scoring.

I'm certainly looking forward to watching the Kings play the Canucks less now given that Kassian is in there versus Hodgson.

Don't get me wrong - I'm certainly well aware there's good arguments for this trade and more NHL trade experts would say this is a good deal as opposed to a bad one. What I don't like about it is that Hodgson was proving to be a clutch player with a knack for scoring or assisting on big goals. His play sense around the puck is really excellent and it was starting to translate into some clever play making. The Canucks have lots of scorers, but outside of Burrows, Kesler and at time the Sedin's, they don't have a lot of clutch players. I do realize they desparately needed the toughness Kassian can supply, but I'm also a bit concerned that could result in unwanted penalties due to the absense of any other enforcers on the team. If he can find a way to get even close to matching the kind of play he exhibited when he carried the Spitfires to their Memorial cup, then he'll be worth it.

I feel bad for Gillis if the Canucks end up bowing out early in the playoffs. The few small streaks of poor play they've had this season could easily spell disaster in a playoff round. In a number of games in those streaks Hodgson came up very big. If no other Canuck comes through in clutch moments costing them a series, I think fans are going to notice the absense of Hodgson and point the finger at Gillis. And with him already looking very bad for his Sturm experiment, I'm sure he won't enjoy it.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 28, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 28, 2012, 06:47:27 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on February 28, 2012, 06:05:58 PM

Relatively certain his head is still attached to his body, but I didn't catch last night's game so maybe Weber unleashed one of his flying time travel elbows of doom.  Maybe it was so huge we won't even see it until the FUTURE.

I watched the highlights from last night and Carter rang a bullet off the post and had a great centering pass that nobody buried in the last seconds.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: February 29, 2012, 03:47:01 AM »

How not to score a goal, by Erik Condra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VXdKdirAo

edit: Better quality!
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:11:55 PM by Koz » Logged
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 29, 2012, 02:39:32 PM »

That was amazing.

Getting ready for your big win tomorrow Kozzy?

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 29, 2012, 02:39:32 PM

That was amazing.

Getting ready for your big win tomorrow Kozzy?

By who, the Devils? Bruins are playing trrrrrrble these days.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 01, 2012, 02:04:17 AM »

They match up horribly.

5-2 Bruins

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 01, 2012, 01:58:16 PM »

Blues highlights have some incredible passing plays from last night.  Recommended!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 01, 2012, 01:58:16 PM

Blues highlights have some incredible passing plays from last night.  Recommended!

*Double checks poster name*

Huh.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 01, 2012, 04:07:45 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 01, 2012, 03:17:58 PM

Quote from: kratz on March 01, 2012, 01:58:16 PM

*Double checks poster name*

Huh.

icon_lol

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 01, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »

Please note it was a POSITIVE post about the Blues.

The sad part is that the 'don't feed the crazies' part of me hesitated to post it, while the 'I love great hockey!' part of me didn't give it a second thought.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2012, 11:20:25 PM »

I love the Blues, they're a great team. I'll definitely be rooting for them in the playoffs. It's just too bad they have some, erm, outraged fans.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »

How can you be outraged when your team is 1 point out of first place in the entire league?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 01, 2012, 11:40:25 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 01, 2012, 11:22:44 PM

How can you be outraged when your team is 1 point out of first place in the entire league?

Because clearly there is a conspiracy to hold down the Blues in any way possible, thus they aren't #1 in the league.

icon_biggrin
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 02, 2012, 02:18:09 AM »

The Devils defensemen baffle me. I'm sure they are told to do something, but to this point in the season, I can't quite figure out what it actually is.

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2012, 03:53:17 AM »

Stupid roommate wanted to watch a movie with lady friend so I missed the game. People don't have priorities anymore.
hammer600
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »

Wings fan for 40 plus years. The West is tough...Canucks look good, although like everyone else I hate them. Hawks and Sharks just dont seem to have it. So that leaves 3 boring teams .. the Blues, Coyotes and Predators. Call me crazy, but something tells me Nashville will win the west.

The East is easier. Rangers? Nope. It's the Bruins again. Best team in the league. So Bruins win 2 in a row. Not a fan, but watching them pound the Canucks into the ice last year was great.

Go Wings!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2012, 07:00:47 AM »

Quote from: hammer600 on March 02, 2012, 06:49:53 AM

Wings fan for 40 plus years. The West is tough...Canucks look good, although like everyone else I hate them. Hawks and Sharks just dont seem to have it. So that leaves 3 boring teams .. the Blues, Coyotes and Predators. Call me crazy, but something tells me Nashville will win the west.
Wings here too but yeah they need to change something. When Lidstrom retires it seems like it will be the end of the team. They just seem to fall apart when he's not around to babysit.

Quote from: Koz on March 02, 2012, 03:53:17 AM

Stupid roommate wanted to watch a movie with lady friend so I missed the game. People don't have priorities anymore.
That kinda happened one time to me when I was in college. Roommate came home with a bunch of people and wanted me to turn off the game then and there (it was just under 5 min left) so they could watch a movie. Way back in '01 with my 25" crt downstairs for everyone. He even had his own in his room to use.

'Uhm, no. This is my TV and this is the only time I ever use it. They can wait until the end.' The kid was a dick to begin with so I felt no remorse in telling him to piss off in front of everyone there. I made sure I left it in my own room after that year. He just rubbed me the wrong way most times.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:03:30 AM by Kagath » Logged

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: March 02, 2012, 07:33:10 AM »

Has anyone got the video clip links for that Wild Vs Canadiens game, man that was crazy and damn funny. That Canadien -on- Canadian hit has got to be the worst mishap I've seen all year - amazing neither player was seriously injured!  eek  Meanwhile, Seto screwing up his Shoot-out shot has to be the funniest thing I've seen yet this season.  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:38:48 AM by kronovan » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 02, 2012, 08:03:01 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 02, 2012, 07:33:10 AM

Has anyone got the video clip links for that Wild Vs Canadiens game, man that was crazy and damn funny. That Canadien -on- Canadian hit has got to be the worst mishap I've seen all year - amazing neither player was seriously injured!  eek  Meanwhile, Seto screwing up his Shoot-out shot has to be the funniest thing I've seen yet this season.  icon_biggrin

Both are on Puck Daddy and both are fucking incredible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on February 25, 2012, 03:26:33 AM

Quote from: Purge on February 25, 2012, 03:22:23 AM

In Eastern news, the Jets actually lined up to be in the playoffs.

...waiting for other shoe to drop...

Yeah, don't look now but the Caps are biting at their nuts.  paranoid Still, awesome to see the Thrashers Jets in the race at this point in the season.  icon_biggrin

They aren't the Thrashers anymore. This team has FANS. biggrin

No doubt though that other teams in the league haven't taken them seriously - they don't generally win against opposing teams #1 goalie, or away from home. frown
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:41:07 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:56 PM »

Quote from: Koz on March 02, 2012, 03:53:17 AM

You didn't miss much: Devils got crushed early, came back to hang around, blew a 3rd period lead and then lost. As expected.

Best quote from the Devils board last night: "Those of us who didn't commit suicide in the during the first period probably enjoyed the second period"

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 02, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on March 02, 2012, 07:00:47 AM

Wings here too but yeah they need to change something. When Lidstrom retires it seems like it will be the end of the team. They just seem to fall apart when he's not around to babysit.

I disagree... I think they have a great team, even without Lidstrom.  Obviously he's a HUGE piece (don't get me wrong, the guy is my favorite player), but he's not the only piece.  I didn't get to see the win in Columbus, but did they look bad? They won...

Those recent losses had several factors:

Oh, I don't know, the best two way forward in the entire league not playing.
Howard returning from an extended layoff... takes people a little bit of time to get back up to speed.
Going on the road after an extended home stand.
Hockey.

I'm not worried.  Especially if they land Weber when Lidstrom leaves. smile
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 02, 2012, 04:35:24 PM

Quote from: Kagath on March 02, 2012, 07:00:47 AM

I disagree... I think they have a great team, even without Lidstrom.  Obviously he's a HUGE piece (don't get me wrong, the guy is my favorite player), but he's not the only piece.  I didn't get to see the win in Columbus, but did they look bad? They won...

Those recent losses had several factors:

Oh, I don't know, the best two way forward in the entire league not playing.
Howard returning from an extended layoff... takes people a little bit of time to get back up to speed.
Going on the road after an extended home stand.
Hockey.

I'm not worried.  Especially if they land Weber when Lidstrom leaves. smile
They may have won but it certainly wasn't an easy one. They struggle too much when those 2 are gone. I don't see them going too far in the post this year. On the bright side, if I'm wrong here my crow will taste great.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 02, 2012, 06:48:51 PM »

Ah, hockey fans... the only thing they hate worse than every other team is their own team.  icon_biggrin
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 02, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »

I was just in Vancouver for a week (well Whistler) and it was awful seeing all the Canucks gear.

Also I'm sad the Sharks won't make the playoffs this year.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 02, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

Quote from: kratz on March 02, 2012, 06:48:51 PM

Ah, hockey fans... the only thing they hate worse than every other team is their own team.  icon_biggrin
Well, it's a love/hate thing.  slywink

Quote from: leo8877 on March 02, 2012, 10:04:26 PM

Also I'm sad the Sharks won't make the playoffs this year.
They need to be to knock out the Wings again.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:24:13 PM by Kagath » Logged

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 02, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »

I wanna watch the wings win tonight, because fuck 85% of the rest of my day.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: