http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 03:43:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Season 2011-2012  (Read 21397 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 24, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

http://twitpic.com/8o5vr5

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on February 24, 2012, 03:48:43 AM

Theo probably hit the ceiling with happiness.  icon_lol

Guess it's time to start a new one.

Seeing as it ended at 12 regulation games like the 20 game streaks before it, yes, I did.  slywink
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 24, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »

Let me guess...

Shea Weber won't get suspended for this one on Sobotka

1) Primary contact - Sobotka's head.  His head moves on contact with Weber's body before any other part moves.
2) Weber leaves his feet.

But, of course, it's the Blues, so it won't warrant a suspension, although Ovechkin got 2 games for doing the same thing.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

Quote from: theohall on February 24, 2012, 10:28:40 PM

Let me guess...

1) Primary contact - Sobotka's head.  His head moves on contact with Weber's body before any other part moves.

But, of course, it's the Blues, so it won't warrant a suspension, although Ovechkin got 2 games for doing the same thing.

Agree with #1, Disagree with #2.  He didn't leap into the hit.

I also really hope that he doesn't get suspended for it to fuel your comical levels of rage.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 24, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 24, 2012, 10:34:47 PM

Let me guess...

1) Primary contact - Sobotka's head.  His head moves on contact with Weber's body before any other part moves.

Agree with #1, Disagree with #2.  He didn't leap into the hit.

I also really hope that he doesn't get suspended for it to fuel your comical levels of rage.

Leaping isn't required.  Just leaving your feet is the rule.  And glad my comical levels of rage amuse you.  I hope it happens to one of your players and they wind up missing 90+ games (like David Perron) while the NHL only pays lip service protecting your team.  See the Warren Peters joke of a suspension as an example.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:38:26 PM by theohall » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 24, 2012, 11:29:42 PM »

Injuries are part of the game.  Concussions happen on clean plays too.

I don't get angry over a sport I watch on TV.  I rarely get angry period.  It's part of what makes me awesome.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 25, 2012, 12:13:25 AM »

I just love the St. Louis Blues Conspiracy Theories.

** Chews popcorn

"Goonies never say die"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 25, 2012, 01:27:10 AM »

So... are we taking bets on where Nash ends up?  It's looking like the Rangers will get him, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see him traded to the Wings.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 25, 2012, 01:28:37 AM »

Quote from: theohall on February 24, 2012, 10:35:47 PM

Let me guess...

Leaping isn't required.  Just leaving your feet is the rule.  And glad my comical levels of rage amuse you.  I hope it happens to one of your players and they wind up missing 90+ games (like David Perron) while the NHL only pays lip service protecting your team.  See the Warren Peters joke of a suspension as an example.

Uhhh... I just checked the timestamp on this video.  You want a suspension from a hit in 2010?  Or does Brendan Shanahan have access to Doc Brown's DeLorean?
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 25, 2012, 01:31:51 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 01:27:10 AM

So... are we taking bets on where Nash ends up?  It's looking like the Rangers will get him, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see him traded to the Wings.

Hope it's the Rags and it ruins them.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 25, 2012, 01:32:36 AM »

Quote from: Devil on February 25, 2012, 01:31:51 AM

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 01:27:10 AM

Hope it's the Rags and it ruins them.

Bad contracts never seem to ruin the Rags.  They just get traded to Montreal or something.

It's amazing!
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 25, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »

Corey Schneider is getting it done.

That guy is way too good to be a backup, but lord I don't want him traded.

"Goonies never say die"
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 25, 2012, 01:37:13 AM »

Yep, too bad the Devils had to play the Canucks #1 goalie.

Not generating much sustained offense against him though. Chances here and there.

Zidlicky on his way. Foster, we hardly knew ye...literally.

Gells - They could hide him in Hartford too.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 25, 2012, 01:40:44 AM »

Right.  I keep forgetting the Rags are made of money.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 25, 2012, 01:42:14 AM »

Quote from: Devil on February 25, 2012, 01:37:13 AM

Not generating much sustained offense against him though. Chances here and there.

Last time I checked both of the Nucks goalies have a better save percentage than Brodeur.

"Goonies never say die"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 25, 2012, 01:44:56 AM »

Quote from: El-Producto on February 25, 2012, 01:42:14 AM

Last time I checked both of the Nucks goalies have a better save percentage than Brodeur.

Yeah but where are they compared to # of Stanley Cups? slywink
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 25, 2012, 02:24:42 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 01:44:56 AM

Quote from: El-Producto on February 25, 2012, 01:42:14 AM

Yeah but where are they compared to # of Stanley Cups? slywink

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Save percentage!!! That and a soft team gets you no rings!

Save percentage. Love it!

Since Hartford lost their team, you're also the current leader in 'whales on your uniform' percentage too.

Also, it's a bit disengenous since you'd love to dump Luongo anyway.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 25, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »

Schnieder was awesome.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 25, 2012, 03:00:49 AM »

Quote from: Devil on February 25, 2012, 02:49:21 AM

Schnieder was awesome.

Yep, the Schneid was the difference in that game. I'm surprised at the outcome, as I figured the Canucks would have come out even flatter than they did. Of course with a 31-16 difference in SOG they were pretty damn flat. slywink

At one point in the telecast they did a cut to Lou Lamoriello, who was extremely focused on the game and appeared deep in though. I could have sworn I saw a comic bubble floating above his head with the words "hmm....just how do I deal for that Schneider". smile
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: February 25, 2012, 03:22:23 AM »

In Eastern news, the Jets actually lined up to be in the playoffs.

...waiting for other shoe to drop...

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 25, 2012, 03:23:53 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 01:28:37 AM

Let me guess...

Leaping isn't required.  Just leaving your feet is the rule.  And glad my comical levels of rage amuse you.  I hope it happens to one of your players and they wind up missing 90+ games (like David Perron) while the NHL only pays lip service protecting your team.  See the Warren Peters joke of a suspension as an example.

Uhhh... I just checked the timestamp on this video.  You want a suspension from a hit in 2010?  Or does Brendan Shanahan have access to Doc Brown's DeLorean?

Really... going back ONE SEASON and referencing a hit which was one of the reasons for the supposed emphasis on protecting players from head hits THIS SEASON is going back too far?????  Nice.....

Seriously... I hope one of your opponents knocks out Carter for the next 90 games and is not punished at all - even with the supposed current emphasis - which has not seemed to exist when Blues players get hit in the head - other than a lame 1 game suspension for a RETALIATOR cross-check to the head.  Not a flow of play hit - those were 2 game suspensions for Blues players - but a RETALIATOR cross-check to the head is only a 1-game suspension?????

RIIIIGGGHHHHHtTT!!!!

Looking forward to seeing one of your guys made useless for a year and half and seeing your reaction when nothing happens.

Yes, that was then.  But when nothing significant is happening NOW for hits to the head, that reference still matters.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 25, 2012, 03:26:33 AM »

Quote from: Purge on February 25, 2012, 03:22:23 AM

In Eastern news, the Jets actually lined up to be in the playoffs.

...waiting for other shoe to drop...

Yeah, don't look now but the Caps are biting at their nuts.  paranoid Still, awesome to see the Thrashers Jets in the race at this point in the season.  icon_biggrin
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 25, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »

Quote from: theohall on February 25, 2012, 03:23:53 AM

Let me guess...

Really... going back ONE SEASON and referencing a hit which was one of the reasons for the supposed emphasis on protecting players from head hits THIS SEASON is going back too far?????  Nice.....

Seriously... I hope one of your opponents knocks out Carter for the next 90 games and is not punished at all - even with the supposed current emphasis - which has not seemed to exist when Blues players get hit in the head - other than a lame 1 game suspension for a RETALIATOR cross-check to the head.  Not a flow of play hit - those were 2 game suspensions for Blues players - but a RETALIATOR cross-check to the head is only a 1-game suspension?????

RIIIIGGGHHHHHtTT!!!!

Looking forward to seeing one of your guys made useless for a year and half and seeing your reaction when nothing happens.

Yes, that was then.  But when nothing significant is happening NOW for hits to the head, that reference still matters.

But why are you saying, and I quote "Let me guess... Shea Weber won't get suspended for this one on Sobotka"?  Clearly he's not going to... it happend in 2010.  Did you want someone to say "Of course he fucking won't because it happened last year?"  You're moving past bizarre and into self-parody.  I mean I love it.  Keep going.  Don't let me stop you.

By the way, if you check the history of the Kings, we have a long, storied history of losing star players to major injuries.  We lost 2/3s of the best line in the NHL at the time (Palffy/Allison/Deadmarsh) to concussions.  Not lost for a season, or two seasons, but for the rest of their careers.  I believe the Kings also still hold the unofficial record for man-games lost to injury in a season.  Just last season Kopitar got his leg snapped in TWAIN on an awkward check into the boards - out the rest of the regular season and the #1 reason the Kings didn't advance past the Sharks.  This season Richards was pretty heavily concussed on a hit that was OMG NOT SUSPENDED FUCK SHANAHAN RAWR HULK SMASH.  Doughty at some point, either this season or last, had the exact same thing happen to him.  It happens.  It's sports.  I'm not that emotionally invested.  I mean I can't be - I'm a Kings fan.  If I took things like you did, I'd have either killed myself by now.  Either on accident by having a stress induced aneurysm or on purpose from depression.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 25, 2012, 03:44:20 AM »

kron - Are they really thinking of moving him?

Canucks are a much better team than the Devils at this point. If they were both fresh, it would have been a 4-1 game, or something similar.

Devils defense is so bad that they essentially traded 5 guys for Zidlicky and it's actually a good move!

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 25, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 03:36:22 AM

Quote from: theohall on February 25, 2012, 03:23:53 AM

Let me guess...

Really... going back ONE SEASON and referencing a hit which was one of the reasons for the supposed emphasis on protecting players from head hits THIS SEASON is going back too far?????  Nice.....

Seriously... I hope one of your opponents knocks out Carter for the next 90 games and is not punished at all - even with the supposed current emphasis - which has not seemed to exist when Blues players get hit in the head - other than a lame 1 game suspension for a RETALIATOR cross-check to the head.  Not a flow of play hit - those were 2 game suspensions for Blues players - but a RETALIATOR cross-check to the head is only a 1-game suspension?????

RIIIIGGGHHHHHtTT!!!!

Yes, that was then.  But when nothing significant is happening NOW for hits to the head, that reference still matters.

But why are you saying, and I quote "Let me guess... Shea Weber won't get suspended for this one on Sobotka"?  Clearly he's not going to... it happend in 2010.  Did you want someone to say "Of course he fucking won't because it happened last year?"  You're moving past bizarre and into self-parody.  I mean I love it.  Keep going.  Don't let me stop you.

I mentioned the fact that the hit was from 2010 on OO and got an even longer diatribe.  Don't hold your breath for anything rational.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: February 25, 2012, 06:39:58 AM »

Well St. Louis and Nashville did play on Thursday, which is why I personally didn't look at the date first. Methinks someone did the same but has decided to RAGE OUT instead.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 25, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »

Quote from: Koz on February 25, 2012, 06:39:58 AM

Well St. Louis and Nashville did play on Thursday, which is why I personally didn't look at the date first. Methinks someone did the same but has decided to RAGE OUT instead.

You and your conspiracy theories.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 25, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »

Awesome back to back road wins against 2 of the toughest teams.  Schneids was gold.

So stoked that the Jets are 3rd in the East... love it.

"Goonies never say die"
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 25, 2012, 04:35:17 PM »

I actually found a video of Shea Weber hitting Sobotka on Thursday.  There's nothing suspension worthy there, either.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 25, 2012, 04:47:17 PM »

Quote from: Devil on February 25, 2012, 03:44:20 AM

I don't think Schneider will go anywhere until the summer. Mike Gillis sees the Canucks as a cup contender -which I do agree with- and Schneider as a big part of that. And from actions earlier in the season it's apparent Coach V has given Luongo a much shorter leash.

I'm thinking more of the postseason and I can't see how they could possiblly keep Schneider without trading away players they can't afford to lose. I can't wait to see what the Schneider sweepstakes will look like come summer time. In particular...

Who will the bidders be?
Can the Canucks finally get a good 1st round pick out of it?
What will Schneider's price be?
Will the Canucks -nothing short of a miracle of course- find a way to keep him?
Will a team with a decent, but much pricier goaltender, deal them away to make room for him?

I honestly can't remember any backup goalie that's ever had the potential to generate as much press / interest?
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 25, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »

It would be nice to see a 1st round defender.

"Goonies never say die"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 25, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 25, 2012, 04:35:17 PM

I actually found a video of Shea Weber hitting Sobotka on Thursday.  There's nothing suspension worthy there, either.

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 25, 2012, 05:41:47 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on February 25, 2012, 04:47:17 PM

Quote from: Devil on February 25, 2012, 03:44:20 AM

I don't think Schneider will go anywhere until the summer. Mike Gillis sees the Canucks as a cup contender -which I do agree with- and Schneider as a big part of that. And from actions earlier in the season it's apparent Coach V has given Luongo a much shorter leash.

I'm thinking more of the postseason and I can't see how they could possiblly keep Schneider without trading away players they can't afford to lose. I can't wait to see what the Schneider sweepstakes will look like come summer time. In particular...

Who will the bidders be?
Can the Canucks finally get a good 1st round pick out of it?
What will Schneider's price be?
Will the Canucks -nothing short of a miracle of course- find a way to keep him?
Will a team with a decent, but much pricier goaltender, deal them away to make room for him?

I honestly can't remember any backup goalie that's ever had the potential to generate as much press / interest?

Realistically they should keep Schneider until it's obvious they can no longer afford his services.  Goalies just aren't worth that much in the trade market.  He's still an RFA after this season, so if someone throws a crazy offer his way, the Canucks would just get a ton of draft picks in return; not a bad return.  If he still has RFA years left beyond that, the Canucks should hold onto him.  If he's out of RFA, then it's time to sell to the highest bidder.  Unfortunately the highest bidder won't be that high.

And the last time something like this happened, it was for Halak.  The Canadiens got two decent prospects for him.  That's about the expected return for Schneider, I'd figure.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 25, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »

It's interesting, Luongo said he thought Schneider was too good to be playing backup, but Schneider said he was quite happy in that position.  Either way, I really can't see anything being considered until summer, it's nice to know that Coach V has a really solid backup, and I think we'll see more of Schneider in the playoffs this year.

"Goonies never say die"
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »

Quote from: gellar on February 25, 2012, 05:36:58 PM

Quote from: pr0ner on February 25, 2012, 04:35:17 PM

Ooooohhh. Now I get it.

It's kind of sad that a) I found the *real* video of the hit, and b) Theo thinks a hit where Sobotka put himself in a bad position is suspension worthy.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »

Waiting for the Kings to trade for Gomez, Redden and DiPietro today!

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2012, 03:40:02 PM »

Poor game by the Nucks.  Sure, Dallas should have been called for icing, but the Nucks got the same call in the Detroit game.

On to Phoenix, this road trip is a TOUGH one.

Gillis has $4 million burning a hole in his pocket.. wondering who they will go after.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:42:17 PM by El-Producto » Logged

"Goonies never say die"
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

A pretty underwhelming deadline day, but I think that was expected. No surprise Nash stayed put considering his price tag.

Bruins got a couple depth defensemen and good ol' Brian Rolston to trot out before he gets senile.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2012, 11:54:14 PM »

Cody Hodgson and Alexander Sulzer traded to the Sabres in rerturn for Zack Kassian and Marc-André Gragnani! I've learned in the past few years not to 2nd guess Mike Gillis, but I can't say I'm liking this deal at all. If Hodgson goes on to be the Canucks' next Cam-Neely-that-got-away player I'm going to be very pissed.

I don't understand Gillis on this one; his own coach firmly maintains a team's performance is rarely the fault of the coach and almost exlusively the responsibility of the players - yes well, we all know a good portion of that's bullshit. Regardless, Gillis trades a rookie who's performing very well for 2 players on a team that's seriously underachieving to the tune of 6 points out of the playoff race and 4 points out of the East conference basement! From Gillis' words in his earlier interview, it sounds more like he and Canucks management got into a bitch session with Hodson and his agent. I know Coach V previously coached Gragnani in the juniors, so maybe that's part of it too. As I said above, I've learned not to 2nd guess Gillis, but I'm having a hard time seeing the merits of this deal?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:05:57 AM by kronovan » Logged
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #599 on: February 28, 2012, 02:38:17 AM »

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what Vancouver was thinking with that one. Kassian could certainly turn out to be great, but I thought Hodgson was generally considered a can't-miss player now.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: