http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:43:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Playoff Talk  (Read 41734 times)
cheeba
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: June 01, 2008, 03:12:01 AM »

Great game. I think the Pens are looking immature compared to the Wings. It seems like they get frustrated pretty quickly. In the 3rd period when the Wings were really possessing the puck well, it seemed like the Pens pretty much gave up.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk are definitely the best 2 players on the ice. They are beautiful to watch.

Is it just me or did the ice at the Igloo get really bad halfway through the periods?

Especially when considering that 5 on 3, even Pens fans have to recognize that the Red Wings are the superior team. But boy I was holding my breath there for a bit, especially after the 5 on 3. The Wings were desperate to get off the ice.

Great game, lots of fun, can't wait to see Lidstrom hoist the cup.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 01, 2008, 03:52:35 AM »

This game and last game, loss or not, were both great. Can't wait for Monday! Three down, one to go!
 thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 01, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »

As hard as it was for The Wings to handle the change of the guard after relying on older players like Shannie, Stevie Y, Hull and such it looks like theyve finally made the switch.  For the past 3 or 4 years they would go into the playoffs basically with little left in the tank.  Great in the regular season but fodder early in the playoffs.  The new kids have come of age and the Red Wings are back to skating with authority in the playoffs.  Yesterdays win in game 4 was an excellent example of just how good this team is.  Killing a 3rd period 5-3 on hostile ice vs a team that hasnt lost a home game in months was a helluva statement.  Crosby can whip out all the cliches he wants about close games and how theyve really out played the Wings and the series is closer than the 3-1 difference shows but the truth is that the Wings have dominated this series.  Game 5 at the Joe with the chance to raise the cup staring them in the faces....  There is no way this doesnt end in 5. 

BTW  Meal and MHS  I am happy, and extremely envious of you that you get to attend this game.  I have a feeling its going to be one fantastic experience.  To be part of that crowd if they close it out, well thats as close to Hockey Heaven as a fan can possibly get!   Any spare tickets can be forwarded to Rshetts, care of this forum   icon_wink
Have a blast and    GO RED WINGS!!!!!!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
MHS
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 01, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on June 01, 2008, 02:14:54 PM

BTW  Meal and MHS  I am happy, and extremely envious of you that you get to attend this game.  I have a feeling its going to be one fantastic experience.  To be part of that crowd if they close it out, well thats as close to Hockey Heaven as a fan can possibly get!   Any spare tickets can be forwarded to Rshetts, care of this forum   icon_wink
Have a blast and    GO RED WINGS!!!!!!

Just watching the game last night in the Hockeytown cafe was awesome.  Living in Colorado, it's not like we ever get to watch the Red Wings play and have anyone else cheering along with us.  High fiving random strangers after a Red Wings goal was the best! smile  I am so excited for tomorrow's game I can hardly stand it.

Funny you mention an extra ticket.  Neal's dad ended up not being able to make it for reasons I won't go into right now, so we had one extra.  Neal's brother lives in Grand Rapids though, so obviously he is the second invitee.  But we couldn't get a hold of him yesterday so I spent the whole day wondering which OO/GT/PH'er we could offer it to without making the other people sad.  Neal's brother got a hold of us this morning though, so we'll be taking him tomorrow night, saving us the potential fun of seeing just what locals would do to win our good graces for a ticket. slywink

"they're lucky they found an MHS out there, otherwise their fates would have been sealed."
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 01, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »

Man, what an incredible game... so many close calls.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 01, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

Quote from: MHS on June 01, 2008, 03:44:53 PM

saving us the potential fun of seeing just what locals would do to win our good graces for a ticket. slywink
And here I have an only partially used soul I would have traded. 

Chaosraven would never have missed it anyway.  I could have upped the anti and offered 2 if you had pressed even but I think LordMortis would notice his being gone.

It's how I say Hello - Richard
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:38 AM »

Assuming the Wings finish it out in Game 5, who gets the Conn Smythe?  I see 4 viable candidates: Lidstrom, Franzen, Zetterberg, and Osgood.

You can probably eliminate Lidstrom.  He's been his usual excellent self, but hasn't had standout play that forces him into the discussion.  You can probably also eliminate Franzen.  His goalscoring has been spectacular, but missing those 6 games is likely enough to give the edge to someone else.

That leaves Z and Ozzie.  Without Osgood, the Wings might not have made it past the first round.  Hasek was shaky at best.  He's made some unbelievable saves and played his best game in Game 4 in what could be the turning point of the series.  He was one of the primary reasons they won that game.  Zetterberg was the other.  He's been at or near the top of playoff point production the entire way, and his defensive skills are second to none among forwards.  His play on the 5 on 3 was phenomenal.  He has the skill of a superstar, the work ethic of a role player, and may be the most complete player on this team since Yzerman.

In a fair world, they'd share it, but someone's going to get the edge.  Who?

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 02, 2008, 03:03:52 AM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 01, 2008, 11:28:13 PM

Chaosraven would never have missed it anyway.  I could have upped the anti and offered 2 if you had pressed even but I think LordMortis would notice his being gone.

I have as much soul as I do rhythm.  If you could find it to offer, it'd be worthless.
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 02, 2008, 03:30:02 AM »

Remind yer brother he has to stop my my house to get his ticket validated or they won't let him in...

(I'd offer my soul, but I can't seem to remember where I left it)

Spawn of OO Collective
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 02, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »

Quote from: ScubaV on June 02, 2008, 12:43:38 AM

Assuming the Wings finish it out in Game 5, who gets the Conn Smythe?  I see 4 viable candidates: Lidstrom, Franzen, Zetterberg, and Osgood.

You can probably eliminate Lidstrom.  He's been his usual excellent self, but hasn't had standout play that forces him into the discussion.  You can probably also eliminate Franzen.  His goalscoring has been spectacular, but missing those 6 games is likely enough to give the edge to someone else.

That leaves Z and Ozzie.  Without Osgood, the Wings might not have made it past the first round.  Hasek was shaky at best.  He's made some unbelievable saves and played his best game in Game 4 in what could be the turning point of the series.  He was one of the primary reasons they won that game.  Zetterberg was the other.  He's been at or near the top of playoff point production the entire way, and his defensive skills are second to none among forwards.  His play on the 5 on 3 was phenomenal.  He has the skill of a superstar, the work ethic of a role player, and may be the most complete player on this team since Yzerman.

In a fair world, they'd share it, but someone's going to get the edge.  Who?
That is a huge question.  I think you give it to Osgood as I really doubt they even make it out of the first round with Hasek in net.  I would not be shocked or upset to see Zetterberg get it but I would absolutely love to see Ozzie get it.

Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 02, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »

Before this series I did not think much about Sidney Crosby.  He plays in the East and I do not see him a lot as I would always choose to watch games from the West when possible.  I had heard all the hype though and the times I had seen him play he had been impressive on the ice.  However, through out these finals he has been a complete ass off the ice.  All the hype seems to have gotten in his head.  Read the differences between he and Hossa in commenting on the series and game play.  Hossa talks about how good the Wings are and how the Pens need to step up their game.  Crosby talks about how the Pens just need to keep on doing the same thing, he gives no credit to the work of the Wings.  This quote in particular pisses me off
"He made a good play on me; he got my stick," Crosby said of Zetterberg, a finalist for the Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward. "I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary besides what any other guy would do on a 5-on-3."
If you watched game 4 and saw that PK then you know how amazing Zetterberg was during it.  You know how he hussled down and kept Crosby from slamming the puck into the open net behind Osgood after a great feed.  You know how he stole the puck and killed a good 20-30 seconds skating around in the Pens end with it.

Crosby needs to admit that he and, more importantly since he has started to, his team need to play better and work harder.  Get into the heads of his teammates and push them to work harder.  And give credit to the team that is beating them.  There is a reason why things are not going the Pens way.  Lots of reasons.  They wear red sweaters on game nights.

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 02, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 02, 2008, 03:26:15 PM

Before this series I did not think much about Sidney Crosby.  He plays in the East and I do not see him a lot as I would always choose to watch games from the West when possible.  I had heard all the hype though and the times I had seen him play he had been impressive on the ice.  However, through out these finals he has been a complete ass off the ice.  All the hype seems to have gotten in his head.  Read the differences between he and Hossa in commenting on the series and game play.  Hossa talks about how good the Wings are and how the Pens need to step up their game.  Crosby talks about how the Pens just need to keep on doing the same thing, he gives no credit to the work of the Wings.  This quote in particular pisses me off
"He made a good play on me; he got my stick," Crosby said of Zetterberg, a finalist for the Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward. "I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary besides what any other guy would do on a 5-on-3."
If you watched game 4 and saw that PK then you know how amazing Zetterberg was during it.  You know how he hussled down and kept Crosby from slamming the puck into the open net behind Osgood after a great feed.  You know how he stole the puck and killed a good 20-30 seconds skating around in the Pens end with it.

Crosby needs to admit that he and, more importantly since he has started to, his team need to play better and work harder.  Get into the heads of his teammates and push them to work harder.  And give credit to the team that is beating them.  There is a reason why things are not going the Pens way.  Lots of reasons.  They wear red sweaters on game nights.

You think Crosby should spend time during the series talking about how awesome his opponents are? 
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 02, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »

I for one dont think he should be giving major props to the Red Wings.  Still instead of making comments about how theyve out played the Wings and how close the play has been, maybe he should figure out why they are behind 3-1.  Perhaps if they actually scored more than 1 goal in the 3 loses he would have a case.  The offense of the Pens has been shut down for one of two reasons.  Superior defensive play by the Wings or complete offensive mediocrity by the Pens.  Which is it Cindy err...Sydney?

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 02, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on June 02, 2008, 05:37:05 PM

I for one dont think he should be giving major props to the Red Wings.  Still instead of making comments about how theyve out played the Wings and how close the play has been, maybe he should figure out why they are behind 3-1.  Perhaps if they actually scored more than 1 goal in the 3 loses he would have a case.  The offense of the Pens has been shut down for one of two reasons.  Superior defensive play by the Wings or complete offensive mediocrity by the Pens.  Which is it Cindy err...Sydney?

From the quotes I have seen (usually in the recaps of each game), he isn't saying anything like that. After Game 1 he said the Red Wings were a tight checking team and they have to find a way around that. After Game 2, when everyone was saying the Pens were done and had no chance, his comments were that they have had just as many chances as the Red Wings, they just haven't found the back of the net. He said basically the same thing after Game 3.

And as for the Game 4 comment, his team essentially has just lost the series. They all know the challenge ahead of them, and it's probably worse because they had a golden opportunity to tie the game with that 5-on-3, Crosby in particular. Even the media said he was visibly frustrated.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »

Come on Remus, you NEVER say anything good about the opponent while the series is going on. Lindsey Hunter told Rasheed Wallace to stop giving hugs to Kevin Garnett before and after games because of this. You don't do that while you still have a chance.

Once the series is over he can sing a different tune, but I have no problems with his comments at the time he said them.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: June 02, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on June 02, 2008, 05:09:20 PM

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 02, 2008, 03:26:15 PM

You think Crosby should spend time during the series talking about how awesome his opponents are? 
I think he should be willing to give credit where credit is due.  I do not think he should ever say any team is better than his.  He should say that Zetterberg made a great play that probably saved the game for the Wings.  He should then go on to talk about the things his team is going to do to win the next game and make a series of it.  Giving credit to another player for making a great play or another team for playing well is not the same as saying you do not think you can beat them.  The approach he took to being asked about the 5-3 made him seem like a whiny little bastard that couldn't figure out why everyone wasn't still talking about how great he is.  He just says "yeah, it was a great play on his part" then moved on without anything else being said.

Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 02, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »

Quote from: Koz on June 02, 2008, 06:14:12 PM

Come on Remus, you NEVER say anything good about the opponent while the series is going on. Lindsey Hunter told Rasheed Wallace to stop giving hugs to Kevin Garnett before and after games because of this. You don't do that while you still have a chance.

Once the series is over he can sing a different tune, but I have no problems with his comments at the time he said them.

There is a huge difference between saying "yeah, that was a great play but we need to pick up our effort so that we win in spite it" and hugging the guy who just beat you silly in a non-elimination game.  Comparing the effort of Zetterberg on that PK to what "any other guy would have done" is a bit like saying anyone would have hit the shot against Cleveland to send the Bulls to the Finals.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 02, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 02, 2008, 06:16:03 PM

The approach he took to being asked about the 5-3 made him seem like a whiny little bastard that couldn't figure out why everyone wasn't still talking about how great he is.  He just says "yeah, it was a great play on his part" then moved on without anything else being said.

Really? A whiny little bastard? That is the exact opposite of most of the sound bites I hear from him. Out of most of the superstars in their respective leagues, Crosby is probably one of the least selfish and bastard like out of all of them, at least to the press.

Even after Game 3 where he scored 2 goals, the ESPN guys were asking him all kinds of questions, and his responses were all "we" and "us", and no "I" or "me" moments.

I haven't seen the quote that you are caught up on, but I saw this in an article when I was looking for it:

"Tonight could have gone either way," Crosby said. "We know we have to even play better, but it's nice to know that we're right there and we play our game. There's no choice now. I mean, we've got to win to stand."

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »

I already quoted this but....
The part I have an issue with is the last bit not the first.  Keep in mind, again, what Zetterberg did during that 5-3.  He stonewalled Crosby's stick at the side of an open net saving a certain goal (and got more than a little lucky that the puck also hit his skate to stay out) then later stole the puck and kept it down into the Pens zone and fired a shot himself.  While killing a 5-3 for 1:26.  He was out there the entire time.  The Wings did not change once.  This is not what "any other guy" would have done.  Any other guy fires the puck down ice ASAP and gets off to catch his breath.

Maybe I am caught up in comparing Crosby and Zetterberg and feeling like Crosby is getting all kinds of undeserved accolades in comparison but I think it comes across like saying "He [Zetterberg] is not that special" when Hank has clearly outplayed and dominated Syd the Kid during this series.

I actually liked the fact he jawed at Zetterberg on the ice.  Shows the fire to compete and desire to win.  Leave it on the ice though.

Its not that big a deal.  I do not expect to like the guy as he plays for the other team but I would like him to show respect.  Maybe after the series is over.  Hopefully tonight.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 02, 2008, 07:43:22 PM »

I'm a wings fan, but... you are saying Crosby should blow Zetterberg in the middle of a competitive series.  Never going to happen.  Chillax.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »

Quote from: kratz on June 02, 2008, 07:43:22 PM

I'm a wings fan, but... you are saying Crosby should blow Zetterberg in the middle of a competitive series.  Never going to happen.  Chillax.
I think you are over stating my position.  I am saying that he should be able to admit Zetterberg made a great play.  I am not saying he should say Hank is the next great one.  It is not the lack of praise but rather the downplaying of it that bothers me.  Had he left it at talking about the play then I would not have an issue.  It was when he then said it was nothing anyone else would have done that bothered me.

Still, it is a very minor issue and I am only still talking about it because I am bored out of my mind.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 02, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »

Well... he did say it was a good play... but then he has to downplay it to understate how bad the wings bitch slapped them in that 5 on 3 so that the Pens don't seem like total fuckups.  Of course both the pens and us know that they are.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 02, 2008, 08:21:46 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 02, 2008, 07:56:07 PM

I think you are over stating my position.  I am saying that he should be able to admit Zetterberg made a great play.  I am not saying he should say Hank is the next great one.  It is not the lack of praise but rather the downplaying of it that bothers me.  Had he left it at talking about the play then I would not have an issue.  It was when he then said it was nothing anyone else would have done that bothered me.

Still, it is a very minor issue and I am only still talking about it because I am bored out of my mind.

Zetterberg played so good on that 5-on-3 that he knocked out my power for over an hour. During the closing seconds of that power play my power flickered, and then died. I called my friend in a panic, but he blew out his ACL and just had surgery for it. He had just taken 3 percocet and was useless. I then called my dad, who tried to give me his best Mike Lang impression...it was uninspired.

Saturday night sucked for me  icon_cry

LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 02, 2008, 08:23:58 PM »

Crosby aside (nothing he said meant anything to me really), I really want to go out and toss a few beers back tonight while watching the game.  I felt a cold coming on on Thursday.  The main thrust of the sneaky little virus seems to have come and gone between Saturday and Sunday but I've still got me some bronchitis, a bit of the tiredses, and achy sore muscles still holding on.  This is the suck.  I want the beers and hockey night but already know it'll be a bad idea before the second period.

Oh beer and sports, why do you taunt me so?
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 02, 2008, 08:25:13 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2008, 08:21:46 PM

Quote from: Remus West2 on June 02, 2008, 07:56:07 PM

Zetterberg played so good on that 5-on-3 that he knocked out my power for over an hour. During the closing seconds of that power play my power flickered, and then died. I called my friend in a panic, but he blew out his ACL and just had surgery for it. He had just taken 3 percocet and was useless. I then called my dad, who tried to give me his best Mike Lang impression...it was uninspired.

Now see, THAT is blowing Zetterberg.  And maybe over stating how good he was.  Only by a little though. icon_lol

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 02, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 02, 2008, 08:21:46 PM

icon_lol That's pretty funny. Too bad, it was a good couple of minutes.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 03, 2008, 01:03:16 AM »

So... maybe WINGS in 7?

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 03, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »

Goddamn this is frustrating to watch... I thought the Wings came out and were doing everything they needed to, but then the Pens scored two on what, four shots?  That seemed to get Detroit too wound up or something, and while they were coming back and really generating some good stuff in the middle of the 2nd, they've been flailing the last few minutes and just turning it over... and over, and over, and over...

Can't believe Filppula didn't get that 2 on one into the net... absolutely sick save by Fleury on that one.
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 03, 2008, 01:52:36 AM »

Quote from: kratz on June 03, 2008, 01:51:00 AM

Can't believe Filppula didn't get that 2 on one into the net... absolutely sick save by Fleury on that one.

Amazing save.

And two nasty injuries for Pittsburgh. Shot to face = OUCH. Hope he's okay.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 03, 2008, 01:55:56 AM »

Yeah I am shocked.  It's only 2-1 now, and only 1-1 if Kronwall doesn't score on his own net, but instead of playing their best game of the playoffs, the Wings are playing their worst except for perhaps a Round 1 game since I don't remember those too well now.  Tons of missed passes, passes straight into Pittsburgh players, unforced fumbling of the puck.  I can't believe I'm seeing the same team right now as in Games 1-4.  Unfortunate what happened to Gonchar and Malone.  Malone will probably be back, I doubt Gonchar will this game anyway.  Hopefully, the Wings can take advantage of an unfortunate situation for the Pens.  Still, unless they make a complete 180 for the 3rd they absolutely deserve to lose this game.

My vision is augmented.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: June 03, 2008, 02:43:50 AM »

ARGH!  I can't believe that after just getting completely and utterly dominated for the entire 3rd that they were able to sneak one in and tie it up.  Man.

Ok... if the wings come out and play like they did that period, they'll win... the Pens don't really seem to have any gas left in the tank... they all look super beat.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:45 AM »

Well I got my wish for a 180.  What a game!  Down 2-0, then up 3-2, then to overtime!  There's always a chance for some fluky goal, but the Wings have infinitely more energy, provided the 3rd period carries over to the 4th.  I also think the Wings' greater depth on both offense and defense plus the injuries to the Pens are going to favor the Wings more and more the longer the overtime(s) go.

WE WANT THE CUP!  OZZIE OZZIE!

My vision is augmented.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 03, 2008, 02:52:11 AM »

Quote from: kratz on June 03, 2008, 02:43:50 AM

ARGH!  I can't believe that after just getting completely and utterly dominated for the entire 3rd that they were able to sneak one in and tie it up.  Man.

Ok... if the wings come out and play like they did that period, they'll win... the Pens don't really seem to have any gas left in the tank... they all look super beat.
Oh how I would love to agree with that last sentence but the goal at the end may just give them new energy to play the O.T.  If the Wings keep going the way they were it should not matter but there is no room for error.

Eeesh.  What a Jekyll and Hyde game for the Wings.  First period was the worst they have played maybe all year let alone the playoffs.  Third period was well played and dominant.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 03, 2008, 03:32:13 AM »

Pens look totally exhausted at the end of the first OT.  I think Detroit is owning this game at this point, but Fleury is playing an amazing game, and the fact that the Penguins tied it with :34 left in the 3rd makes me nervous... you don't always win the games you deserve to.

Nail bitin' shit going on tonight!
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 03, 2008, 03:32:34 AM »

2nd OT!  I like our chances even more.  We dominated 90% of that period.  Malkin was so tired he couldn't even get to his feet after that one whistle.  The Wings still seem fairly fresh.  Once again O'Halloran proves why he isn't worthy of being an NHL referee.  Several questionable non-calls in regulation, and a weak call on Zetterberg.  Demote this man to AHL stat!

WE WANT THE CUP!!!!  WE WANT THE CUP!!!!

My vision is augmented.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 03, 2008, 03:34:16 AM »

Yeah, I think if Zetterberg hadn't gotten called on that totally BS penalty this game would be over right now... they were a goddamned steamroller at that point.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 03, 2008, 03:34:35 AM »

Weak call on Zetterberg, but WTF is up with Franzen trying to kick Fluery's arm?

Not to mention the freaking tackles detroit got away with earlier in the game.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 03, 2008, 03:37:28 AM »

What a game so far! (It's currently the end of the first OT). Fleury is fricking awesome and 99% of the reason the Penguins are still playing.

Osgood was out of position on that 3rd goal frown.

The Wings were like a virgin at the beginning of the game - tight and nervous. As they've settled down, especially in the 3rd period, they've shown bursts of absolute dominance.

The ice is getting pretty bad. I hope it doesn't decide the game with a fluky bounce.

Boo on NBC for not showing the Octopus. Saw it fly from the stands, but that was it.

Lift the fucking puck, Draper! I knew that 2 on 1 was doomed when I saw Draper was gonna be the shooter.

Back to beer and the kinda/sorta GF. Hope the Meal/MHS and family are having as much of a blast as this is to watch on TV. Go Wings!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 03, 2008, 03:40:37 AM »

Even if the Wings loose this would be an awesome game to be at...

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 03, 2008, 04:17:41 AM »

They gotta stop with that bullshit goaltender interference stuff like right now.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: