http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 09:29:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Playoff Talk  (Read 41456 times)
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 28, 2008, 03:38:02 PM »

BTW  It's not just Ozzy.  He is perhaps the one who brought it to my attention, though.  I don't know.  It's really hard to have to not like what your own guys are doing, though.  Especially when we ourselves have been finally stepping up our "physical" play.  It cheapens the game and cheapens accomplishment.  Ozzy, for instance, is on his long overdue way to becoming recognized as one of those unstoppable goalies.  That achievement is going to be mixed his going down on request like prom date and that mixture doesn't need to happen.
kratz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 28, 2008, 03:53:04 PM »

Yeah.... I dunno, I see players on all of the teams make sure they 'sell' the penalty... I definitely see the Wings do it too, but there's nothing out of hand there with any of them really from my point of view.  Once in a while, sure, they sell something totally pussy, but mostly it's just a bit of dramatic flair... I actually kind of felt like Franzen sold the Roberts hit harder than he'd been hit, but when a guy is coming up and punching you away from the puck, you gotta sell it and get the penalty, because that shit just shouldn't be going on, and needs attention drawn to it. 

Let's face it, all of the guys on all of the teams are much tougher than they act... they can take some really brutal hits that are obviously legal and skate on like nothing happened... they know illegal contact when they feel it, and a lot of them, on all of the teams, make sure someone notices when they do.  That's not the Red Wings, that's the NHL...

Regardless, as mentioned, quesitonable calls and borderline flops weren't going to change the outcome of either of these games.

I'd like to see the Pens do a best of 7 against the Stars for the real second place... I have a feeling they would lose to them as well.  Maybe.

Also, I think they will still pick up one game...
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 28, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »

Quote from: Koz on May 28, 2008, 03:25:12 PM

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 28, 2008, 01:29:13 PM

There is a difference between a flop and over-playing the contact.  What the Spurs do is flop.  They fly backward before contact is made.  What Ozzie does is over-play. He exaggerates contact made to him.

No, they're the same thing. The Spurs don't just start falling on the ground with no one around them. They flop with at least a semblence of contact. Same thing happens in the NHL. If you feel a stick touch any part of your body, you fall down. It's a penalty 90% of the time.
Yes, the Spurs do fall without contact.  Check you-tube, I am sure there are clips.  They are the Duke of the NBA in that regard.

I have a feeling that this is mostly because of all the seasons they have been through that nothing was called (see last year's Anaheim series) because they fought through it and kept going.

They should, because last time I checked the sport they are playing is hockey. It is a contact sport. It's one thing to constantly hook people from behind or body check them away from the puck. It's entirely another thing to drop to the ground as soon as a stick hits your glove.
The only time I recall a player dropping when a stick hit his glove was Samuelson in game 1 when Rutuu broke his stick on that glove.  I'm alright with his hitting the ice when the a-hole broke his stick over his arm.  I would much rather have issues with teams diving than have dickheads taking their sticks to each other.

This year they are forcing the issue.  Make the official make the call.  I do not like it but I like it a whole hell of a lot better than watching them take abuse that should be called and not have it called because they kept playing.

That's an interesting way to rationalize it.

When they start going down on plays that should not be called penalties against the other team then I will have issues with it.  Every instance of it this season that I can recall there deserved to be a call made.

This makes me question if you do in fact actually watch hockey. It's a rare occurrence when this DOESN'T happen in a game. Flopping/diving is an accepted tactic in today's NHL, especially with more emphasis on the power play. And more often than not, they wouldn't have been penalties had the guy not hit the ice.
I likely watch more hockey than you since I live in Detroit and every game is televised as well as being able to catch all of the hockey night in Canada broadcasts.  I watch an inordinate amount of hockey.  Yes, players dive.  I do not feel like the Wings do so on plays that should not be called penalties.  Did Ozzie get run into and should interference have been called.  Yes.  Did Ozzie over sell the play.  Yes.  Do I have any issue with that?  No.  Had the Pens player been making an attempt to avoid rather than contact Ozzie then I would have an issue with it.  The fact that he was clearly trying to run into the goalie makes me fine with Ozzie making certain that everyone was paying attention to it.

It's how I say Hello - Richard
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: May 28, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 28, 2008, 04:05:18 PM

The only time I recall a player dropping when a stick hit his glove was Samuelson in game 1 when Rutuu broke his stick on that glove.  I'm alright with his hitting the ice when the a-hole broke his stick over his arm.  I would much rather have issues with teams diving than have dickheads taking their sticks to each other.

That might make sense if the two cases were mutually exclusive, but they aren't. Flopping when you get your hand touched by a stick doesn't prevent you from actually getting slashed on the hand. If anything, it encourages it: if they're going to get a penalty for slashing you, they might as well make it count.

I likely watch more hockey than you since I live in Detroit and every game is televised as well as being able to catch all of the hockey night in Canada broadcasts.  I watch an inordinate amount of hockey.  Yes, players dive.  I do not feel like the Wings do so on plays that should not be called penalties.  Did Ozzie get run into and should interference have been called.  Yes.  Did Ozzie over sell the play.  Yes.  Do I have any issue with that?  No.  Had the Pens player been making an attempt to avoid rather than contact Ozzie then I would have an issue with it.  The fact that he was clearly trying to run into the goalie makes me fine with Ozzie making certain that everyone was paying attention to it.

I don't really care about one specific incident. I'm talking about what's happened in the season in general, and I think you're absolutely insane if you say that every flop you've seen should've been a penalty anyways.
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 28, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »

Quote from: Koz on May 28, 2008, 05:01:07 PM

Flopping when you get your hand touched by a stick doesn't prevent you from actually getting slashed on the hand. If anything, it encourages it: if they're going to get a penalty for slashing you, they might as well make it count.

That's part of where I'm coming from.  That's always been my philosophy on weak penalty calls and "over selling" plays.  If you're going to call me for slashing because my opposition "over sells" then by God I'm going to slash.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 28, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »

Did Ozzie get run into and should interference have been called.  Yes.  Did Ozzie over sell the play.  Yes.  Do I have any issue with that?  No. 

Isn't that the definition of diving though?

A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who attempts to draw a penalty by his actions ("diving").

In my opinion, at the very least the first goalie interference penalty of Game 2 should have been a minor to Malone for the interference, and a minor to Osgood for diving.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 28, 2008, 05:24:36 PM »

The definition is not black and white though.  The key is was Ozzie trying to DRAW a penalty or was he trying to make sure the refs were aware the interference occurred.  Granted this is a judgement call and thus open to debate and colored by bias but every single goalie in the league does the exact same thing and many are far worse than Ozzie at it.  Since fan bias comes into play here you will have your view and I will have mine but in the end the only opinion that truly matters is that of the ref who makes the call, right or wrong.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 28, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on May 28, 2008, 05:24:36 PM

The definition is not black and white though.  The key is was Ozzie trying to DRAW a penalty or was he trying to make sure the refs were aware the interference occurred.

That's absurd. If a player gets knocked to the ice, it better be because the OTHER player did something to put them there, and NOT some little show for the refs so you can get a penalty called.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 28, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on May 28, 2008, 05:14:43 PM

Did Ozzie get run into and should interference have been called.  Yes.  Did Ozzie over sell the play.  Yes.  Do I have any issue with that?  No. 

A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who attempts to draw a penalty by his actions ("diving").

In my opinion, at the very least the first goalie interference penalty of Game 2 should have been a minor to Malone for the interference, and a minor to Osgood for diving.
See, I do not even feel he over sold that one.  Just jostled for position inside the crease where he should be allowed unimpeded movement.  Particularly in light of the way they called Holmstrom for interference in game 1 AND disallowed a goal.  It is at least closer to being consistent the way they called it than if they had also called a penalty on Ozzie there.

The second one, at the end of the game, I could see the argument for diving being made.  I wouldn't agree but I could certainly see that there were points to be made to that argument.

Although this brings me right back to remembering the Avs series and Forskin accusing Samuelson of acting and diving when he got called for the double minor high-stick that had knocked two of Sammies teeth out.

LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 28, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 28, 2008, 06:24:41 PM

Although this brings me right back to remembering the Avs series and Forskin accusing Samuelson of acting and diving when he got called for the double minor high-stick that had knocked two of Sammies teeth out.

And that's my whole problem.  When you Samuelson goes down with teeth knocked out then there's a problem.  When the Avs accuse him of faking, while he's missing fuckin teeth, there's a problem.  But then when games later goes down for no reason at all that I can tell, it sort of makes it harder on the refs to worry about whether or not he's getting his teeth knocked out.

It's all very

Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 28, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on May 28, 2008, 06:33:08 PM

And that's my whole problem.  When you Samuelson goes down with teeth knocked out then there's a problem.  When the Avs accuse him of faking, while he's missing fuckin teeth, there's a problem.  But then when games later goes down for no reason at all that I can tell, it sort of makes it harder on the refs to worry about whether or not he's getting his teeth knocked out.
Next time I remember him going down he just had a stick broken over his arm.  Seems easy enough to me.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 28, 2008, 06:47:01 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on May 28, 2008, 05:14:43 PM

See, I do not even feel he over sold that one.  Just jostled for position inside the crease where he should be allowed unimpeded movement.  Particularly in light of the way they called Holmstrom for interference in game 1 AND disallowed a goal.  It is at least closer to being consistent the way they called it than if they had also called a penalty on Ozzie there.

The second one, at the end of the game, I could see the argument for diving being made.  I wouldn't agree but I could certainly see that there were points to be made to that argument.

I know that the first one there was interference (Ozzie was pushed), but he was not pushed hard enough to completely collapse like he did. I refuse to believe that any player in the NHL, even goalies, are so weak on their skates that the slightest push will cause them to collapse to the ground. And he was rolling around down there until he realized he didn't hear a whistle and a Penguin had a shot at the empty net. When he came to that realization, he started playing again from the ice (sadly I'm pretty sure the shot was wide or blocked even). It's not his jostling for position that I think is unreasonable, it is his impression of a fish out of water that I have an issue with.

As for the goal in Game 1 that was called back, I have a hard time comparing it to these two for one reason. Fluery didn't fall down, he made a play at the puck. He put himself in position to stop the shot, and in the process Holmstrom got his stick between his legs, and the ref blew the whistle. Watching the replay, I don't think there was any interference (Fluery was out of the crease AND I don't think the stick prevented him from getting into position), but the penalty was called because of a refs bad judgement, rather than Fluery's acting skills (maybe he needs to sharpen those too). If anything, that call in Game 1 should show that falling to the ice to show the refs that contact was made, is NOT needed.

Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 28, 2008, 08:13:13 PM »

Maybe I need to see a replay of the first then because I do not remember him flopping around at all.  I remember the Pens being on a power-play and the puck being behind the net in the Wings possession.  When the puck came up the boards (to Ozzie's right) the Pens touched it and the whistle went.  There was no threat of a goal because the officials arm went up right away when the contact occurred and the Wings had the puck at the time.  I'll look on you-tube when I get home to see if there is a replay. (if you are feeling helpful you could find and post a link, I am blocked from work)

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 28, 2008, 08:41:55 PM »

Quote from: Remus West2 on May 28, 2008, 08:13:13 PM

Maybe I need to see a replay of the first then because I do not remember him flopping around at all.  I remember the Pens being on a power-play and the puck being behind the net in the Wings possession.  When the puck came up the boards (to Ozzie's right) the Pens touched it and the whistle went.  There was no threat of a goal because the officials arm went up right away when the contact occurred and the Wings had the puck at the time.  I'll look on you-tube when I get home to see if there is a replay. (if you are feeling helpful you could find and post a link, I am blocked from work)

I've been searching on you tube, but all I can find is the second hit, which is when Osgood is playing the puck behind the net, and Sykora comes flying and and hits him high. I never saw this one live, and from looking at the highlights Osgood doesn't flop on that one. I've never fully understood the rules on hitting the goalie when he is outside of the crease. Why can't he be hit at all seemingly? Is it because of the trapezoid behind the net? I've heard the announcers mention it a bunch this post-season, but I don't know why it is there.

Edit: Here is an interview with Osgood that has the video of the first one I'm talking about at about the 1:25 mark. But it doesn't show the complete play (it cuts off as he hits the ice). From my memory of the broadcast they showed replays from above the play that had a better angle of the hit and positioning and stuff like that (but my memory...it's been known to fail me).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 08:46:31 PM by msteelers » Logged

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 28, 2008, 08:44:18 PM »

The trapezoid is the only place behind the net that the goalie is allowed to play the puck.  Some people call it the 'Brodeur rule'.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 28, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »

And I guess the 'purpose' is to keep goalies from playing pucks in the corners and give the offensive team more chances on the forecheck, in theory resulting in more offensive, and therefore more 'exciting' play.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »

Quote from: kratz on May 28, 2008, 08:44:18 PM

The trapezoid is the only place behind the net that the goalie is allowed to play the puck.  Some people call it the 'Brodeur rule'.

Wouldn't he be considered just a regular skater then, and goalie interference wouldn't apply? Would they have called a penalty on that play if it had been a defenseman for the Red Wings and not the goalie?

Or do they treat goalies in the NHL just like they treat quarterbacks in the NFL? Put a skirt on them and don't let anyone touch them no matter where they are on the field/ice.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 28, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on May 28, 2008, 08:50:57 PM

Or do they treat goalies in the NHL just like they treat quarterbacks in the NFL? Put a skirt on them and don't let anyone touch them no matter where they are on the field/ice.

Pretty much.
Remus West2
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 28, 2008, 11:08:51 PM »

rule #78

Basically the pertinant part is this
When a goalkeeper has played the puck outside of his crease and is then prevented from returning to his crease area due to the deliberate actions of an attacking player, such player may be penalized for goalkeeper interference. Similarly, the goalkeeper may be penalized, if by his actions outside of his crease he deliberately interferes with an attacking player who is attempting to play the puck or an opponent.
Checking him would be preventing him from returning to the crease and thus giving the attacking team an empty net to shoot at.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 29, 2008, 01:00:26 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on May 28, 2008, 05:43:42 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on May 28, 2008, 05:24:36 PM

The definition is not black and white though.  The key is was Ozzie trying to DRAW a penalty or was he trying to make sure the refs were aware the interference occurred.

That's absurd. If a player gets knocked to the ice, it better be because the OTHER player did something to put them there, and NOT some little show for the refs so you can get a penalty called.

Well, I didnt figure my explanation was absurd but whatever.  What I was trying to point out is that "diving" is a matter of intent.  Did the player dive with the intent of drawing a call that wasnt there or was the fall, post interference , oscar worthy?  This is the gray area left up to the ref.  Most sports have calls that have gray areas in them, you can either learn to deal with that fact or be one pissed off fan every time a call doesnt go your way.  If you saw the Lakers- Spurs game last nite you would have seen an excellent example of a gray area call.  I guarantee you if the roles had been reversed and Kobe was the one taking the shot, he would have got the call.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 29, 2008, 01:01:57 AM »

I now understand why people were saying Hossa disappeared in the playoffs, and warned about him when the Pens made the trade. He should have so many more goals. Throughout the playoffs he has been missing on great feeds from Crosby, but it didn't matter because they were winning. He missed on a couple in the first two games of the finals, and now he just fanned on at least two great attempts in period 1 of Game 3.  mad

CSL

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:52 AM »

Well now the Pens are really going at it.

See what happens when they let Gary Roberts play.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 29, 2008, 01:37:22 AM »

Oh man. These angles they are using for the power play are making me nauseas. 

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 29, 2008, 02:10:06 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on May 29, 2008, 01:37:22 AM

agreed, although I really liked the overhead view for the faceoffs.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 29, 2008, 02:24:26 AM »

Oh, your watching NBC aren't you?

Suckers.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 29, 2008, 02:27:53 AM »

Brooks Orpik is a beast!

Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 29, 2008, 02:28:30 AM »

What an absolutely entertaining 3rd period so far. Fantastic Hockey.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 29, 2008, 02:31:56 AM »

That was an intense 6 minutes there. Wow.

chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 29, 2008, 02:51:36 AM »

Now *THAT* was a wicked game!

Penguins played an excellent game, from the penalty kills to their amazing speed.

Color this Wings fan impressed

Spawn of OO Collective
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 29, 2008, 02:57:59 AM »

Amazing.  I think this is the gameplay everyone was expecting all along.  Great play by both sides, but the Pens played harder than the Wings on a 65/35 split I'd say and it gave them the win.  Outstanding saves by Osgood to stop the puck trickling over and then Fleury to blank Holmstrom on an open net.

You knew Pittsburgh was finally going to do something, but I still like the Wings in 5.  They played poorly for a stretch of about 15min spanning the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd.  Look for them to come out hard and play a full 60 minutes (or at least 50-55 smile on Saturday.

Side note: I really think this is the worst referee pair I've seen in the playoffs.  These are the same guys that called no goal in that Dallas game and in Game 1 of the Finals.  Today, there were a ton of missed blatant penalties.  Dan O'Halloran is one guy.  Not sure who the other is, but neither deserves to be officiating the Finals.  Bring back McCreary and Co. from Game 2.

Edit: It kills me how Babcock never fails to wait until there is less than 60 seconds left to pull Osgood.  There was a great chance with 1:30 left, but he will never, never do it with that much time.  I think that's his one fault as a coach, he just waits too damn long.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:02:36 AM by ScubaV » Logged

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 29, 2008, 12:24:31 PM »

I've been annoyed with NBC coverage for as long as I can remember.  Versus sucks but NBC is simply bad.  Where did they learn to follow the game?  If the Cup is all of the hockey some people watch and they see it on NBC it's no wonder they don't appreciate hockey.

Quote from: msteelers on May 29, 2008, 02:31:56 AM

That was an intense 6 minutes there. Wow.

Definately.  We were all cheering at the goal scored by the Wings but then the puck was still live, so we really wanted to see the replay...  and then seven minutes later when they finally called a stop in play they never did play the replay...

That third period was simply awesome.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 29, 2008, 12:42:50 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on May 29, 2008, 01:01:57 AM

I now understand why people were saying Hossa disappeared in the playoffs, and warned about him when the Pens made the trade. He should have so many more goals. Throughout the playoffs he has been missing on great feeds from Crosby, but it didn't matter because they were winning. He missed on a couple in the first two games of the finals, and now he just fanned on at least two great attempts in period 1 of Game 3.  mad

Sorry but by these standards then you would have to say the same for Malkin, Malone, Sykora, and Crosby(at least games 1 and 2).  The fact is everyone was gripping thier sticks a bit tight and where off on thier shots.  Hopefully this win will loosen them up.  If you think Hossa has dissapeared you are watching a different game from me.  Hossa contributes more than just goal scoring, he is possibly one of the best in the league at backchecking.  I don't think the Pens would have gotten this far without Hossa.
The Meal
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: May 29, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »

Game: Fantastic with ebbs and flows for both sides.  Most entertaining of the bunch by far.

NBC Cameras: I dig the PP/PK angle from behind the net, but loathe the opposite angle from over the blueline.  Wish that one would go away completely.

Refs: I've appreciated O'Halloran and Devorski in the past, but wasn't impressed with O'Halloran earlier this series.  Devo's still on my list of appreciated refs.  McCreary, on the other hand, has never been a favorite of mine...

Happiness: Our game 5 tickets aren't worthless!  Let's hope we get to see the hand shakes.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 29, 2008, 04:57:50 PM »

Figures that the good game is the one I only get to watch bits and pieces of... I got to watch the last 10 minutes, and that was some fun, intense stuff... I was really pulling for Detroit to get one in before the buzzer, but it wasn't in the cards.

Wings in 5.
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 29, 2008, 05:04:50 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on May 29, 2008, 12:24:31 PM

I've been annoyed with NBC coverage for as long as I can remember.  Versus sucks but NBC is simply bad.  Where did they learn to follow the game?  If the Cup is all of the hockey some people watch and they see it on NBC it's no wonder they don't appreciate hockey.

If they really wanted to help hockey, fire the NBC staff doing the broadcast and cameras and just have NBC show the CBC feed instead. So very, very superior.

Here's hoping game 4 is as good as game 3 was!
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 29, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »

Yeah, I don't like the NBC coverage... mainly because I get Vs. in HD and not NBC (weird, huh?)
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 29, 2008, 05:20:25 PM »

Quote from: Jiffy on May 29, 2008, 05:04:50 PM

If they really wanted to help hockey, fire the NBC staff doing the broadcast and cameras and just have NBC show the CBC feed instead. So very, very superior.

If they really wanted to help hockey, they'd study Detroit's FSN broadcasts and emulate them with impartial and just as knowledable staff.  Our season broadcasts are great knowledgable and informative commentary with perfect camera work.  We're spoiled.  I don't think Micky Redmond and company would being fanboys would be ideal for national coverage but their style of commentary would be.  Ken Daniels calls plays and knows every player by sight like you wouldn't believe and Micky brings an air of expereince and color to the game that is graspable to neophyte and expert.  They just happen to really, really, really favor the hometeam and that would be a turn off to everyone else.  Even if you let their style of announcing go, their camera coverage is perfect.  They keep things wide and quick enough to never let the puck out of sight while allowing you to watch 80% or more of the action developing away from the puck.  They also time inaction perfectly to go over recent play development and use the the time betwen periods to give great recaps.  Even the CBC is disappointing compared to FSN, while Versus scales down to annoying, and NBC is simply horrible.

...  Oh and at this point, Wings in six.  The Pens definately have another win in them but they should still drop on their home games.  After last night, I am going to be severly bummed that I am going to miss Saturday's game.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 29, 2008, 10:08:53 PM »

I think NBC missed at least half of all faceoffs that occurred in the game.  Seeing the game in HD is a plus (our carrier doesn't have Versus in HD), but everything else sucks even more than Versus.

My vision is augmented.
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 01, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »

I'm amazed Zetterberg and Datsyuk aren't more household names yet, they are amazing to watch. Zetterberg was outstanding on that 5 on 3.

Detroit really is outplaying the Pens pretty badly at this point. They just look like they want the win, and Pittsburgh doesn't. Malkin especially looks sluggish, though Crosby and Hossa look good...but overall, Detroit is skating very well right now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:43:41 AM by Jiffy » Logged
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 01, 2008, 03:03:46 AM »

That 5 on 3 kill was the stuff of legend... well not quite, but spectacular nonetheless.  Zetterberg and Datsyuk haven't been much of an offensive factor this series, but their overall play, especially defensively, is outstanding.  Unless the Pens come back to win in 7 games, the question of Zetterberg and Datsyuk vs. Crosby and Malkin overwhelmingly has been answered in favor of the former.  It's too bad the NHL exclusively anointed Crosby as their "Golden Boy" before he even stepped onto NHL ice when they already had standout superstars that are just as exciting and equally deserving.

I look forward to seeing the Wings hoist the Cup on home ice!  Go Wings!

My vision is augmented.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: