http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 05:01:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Playoff Talk  (Read 41453 times)
Remus West
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2008, 05:46:01 PM »

Quote from: Koz on April 30, 2008, 05:08:58 PM

Quote from: Remus West on April 30, 2008, 04:51:15 PM

Quote from: Koz on April 30, 2008, 04:44:46 PM

Forsberg probably knew he hit him, but I honestly don't think he hit him that hard. As I said it looked pretty marginal.
How can hitting someone in the face with a stick be called "marginal"?  I just do not get that.

Perhaps our definitions of "marginal" are different, but inadvertent high sticks happen all the time. And that hit didn't look particularly menacing or vicious to me. It looked like a pretty typical high stick that drew blood, which is why I called it marginal.
Not sure how you are defining "marginal" as a call then.  There is no margin for that call.  High stick drew blood = 4 min.  That rule is there because players are supposed to be more responsible for their stick then to go around accidentally whacking each other in the face with them (although it does happen a lot).

Marginal would have been the call on Forsberg for interference.  O.k., nope not that one either.  That one was just plain bad.  I'll happily take it but it was still bad. icon_lol
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 01, 2008, 04:36:32 AM »

I just got back from the Dallas game and that was the most aggravated that I have been in a long time..  mad  Dallas played like absolute crap.  Passing was horrible, stick handling was lousy, shots being fanned on left and right.  This marks the second time in the series that Turco has been scored on because of a stupid turnover. 

I have no doubt that Dallas will win the series, but they like playing the Cardiac Kids and coming back in the third period too much for my liking.  I don't see them getting past Detroit unless they turn their early playing around. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 01, 2008, 05:31:33 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 01, 2008, 04:36:32 AM

I just got back from the Dallas game and that was the most aggravated that I have been in a long time..  mad  Dallas played like absolute crap.  Passing was horrible, stick handling was lousy, shots being fanned on left and right.  This marks the second time in the series that Turco has been scored on because of a stupid turnover. 

I have no doubt that Dallas will win the series, but they like playing the Cardiac Kids and coming back in the third period too much for my liking.  I don't see them getting past Detroit unless they turn their early playing around. 

Your team gave you three great gritty efforts the previous nights. You had to see this coming. Sharks were desperate and the Stars were sitting on a 3-game cushion. I think they can be forgiven for losing this game. Stars are still pressuring well and playing well. Sharks escaped with a win. Not like they went in and kicked the doors down.

I wouldn't start looking forward to the Wings just yet but if they continue to play their brand of hockey, I think they'll match up well against the Wings.

It was good to see the Sharks show some passion though. About freaking time.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 05:38:13 AM by RightBastard » Logged

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: May 01, 2008, 02:36:07 PM »

I feel bad for rooting for a dirty team like the Flyers, but I would LOVE to see Montreal knocked out. Hopefully I only have to be a Philly fan for one more game.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 01, 2008, 03:08:02 PM »

That's ok, you can watch the Pens-Flyers series and change to watching The Next One.  That's a series that I definitely want to see ... in between sessions with GTA IV.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Kratz
« Reply #485 on: May 01, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »

Montreal was just sad last night... I had to go get the kiddo ready for bed and missed the third period, but before that... man, they were just playing like they didn't give a shit at all... no fire, no get up and go... the Avs are getting smoked (go wings!) but at least they appear to be playing hard and at least TRYING to win.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: May 01, 2008, 03:16:00 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on May 01, 2008, 03:08:02 PM

That's ok, you can watch the Pens-Flyers series and change to watching The Next One.  That's a series that I definitely want to see ... in between sessions with GTA IV.

I've seen enough of Her Majesty Sidney to last me quite a while, thanks. Seriously though, of the four teams left in the East, Pittsburgh is the only team I don't have an active disliking of, so I will root for them out of indifference. icon_smile
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 03:17:43 PM by Koz » Logged
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2008, 03:53:30 AM »

Hay guys what's going on in this thread?

WINGS!

icon_cool

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 02, 2008, 04:47:37 AM »

Granted, Colorado was pretty depleted this series, but the Wings were absolutely dominant.  Anytime the Avs started to spark a little momentum, Detroit just grabbed it away from them.  This is a team firing on all cylinders: 5v5, power play, penalty kill, forwards, defense, goalie, coaching.  The only weakness on the entire team is their third defense pairing, and even that is often more mediocre than weak.  Barring some crazy injuries, I honestly can't see any of the seven remaining teams pulling out 4 victories over Detroit.  Their skill is sky-high as always, they're overflowing with confidence, and their supposed perennial weakness, physical play, I think is actually a strength.

8-2!!!!!!!  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 02, 2008, 07:23:50 AM »

Quote from: Kratz on May 01, 2008, 03:13:10 PM

Montreal was just sad last night... I had to go get the kiddo ready for bed and missed the third period, but before that... man, they were just playing like they didn't give a shit at all... no fire, no get up and go...

Just like every game since the first - it's been fucking disgusting, especially since Price left his A game at the door and Biron found his. I'm hoping they really rebound in Montreal on Saturday but i'm not holding out any hope.
Trent Steel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 02, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »

Quote from: Devil on April 30, 2008, 04:20:56 PM

Avery - Spleen = OUT

I hate him, but wanted him to play in the Rangers last game tomorrow night.

Of course, the Rangers have to prolong the misery and give false hope.

Although, at least Fleury won't have to worry about shaking his hand.
Remus West
« Reply #491 on: May 02, 2008, 04:43:14 PM »

Quote from: ScubaV on May 02, 2008, 04:47:37 AM

Granted, Colorado was pretty depleted this series, but the Wings were absolutely dominant.  Anytime the Avs started to spark a little momentum, Detroit just grabbed it away from them.  This is a team firing on all cylinders: 5v5, power play, penalty kill, forwards, defense, goalie, coaching.  The only weakness on the entire team is their third defense pairing, and even that is often more mediocre than weak.  Barring some crazy injuries, I honestly can't see any of the seven remaining teams pulling out 4 victories over Detroit.  Their skill is sky-high as always, they're overflowing with confidence, and their supposed perennial weakness, physical play, I think is actually a strength.

I got a kick out of the radio announcers (was late getting to the bar last night to watch the game) saying that Lindstrom has yet to be credited with a single hit this postseason. icon_lol

Combined with the graphic they put up showing how badly the Wings were dominating the Avs in the game, hits included, he does not need to hit anyone. icon_biggrin
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 02, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

Quote from: Remus West on May 02, 2008, 04:43:14 PM

Quote from: ScubaV on May 02, 2008, 04:47:37 AM

I got a kick out of the radio announcers (was late getting to the bar last night to watch the game) saying that Lindstrom has yet to be credited with a single hit this postseason. icon_lol

Combined with the graphic they put up showing how badly the Wings were dominating the Avs in the game, hits included, he does not need to hit anyone. icon_biggrin

Seriously. Who cares if he's not hitting anyone? The man's sitting at +40 in the regular season. He's a defensive stud who can score; so what if he's not blowing anyone up like (Celine) Dion Pahnoof?

As for the Red Wings, all I can say is wow. The phrase "well oiled machine" comes to mind. There was never a moment in that last game where I felt like they were rattled or were off their game. Even when the Avs brought pressure, they looked calm and collected. They weathered the storm, grabbed the puck and skated it out. They're seriously playing great hockey right now. And someone find out kind of cereal Franzen is eating for breakfast so the Sharks can buy a few boxes.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 03, 2008, 12:48:08 AM »

Barry Melrose deserves a major helping of crow as he picked the Avs to handle the RedWings easily.  Im sure he will fall back on the injury crutch to save face but regardless of that, you can not deny that the Wings dominated the Avs completely.
They look like a completely different team ever since they put Ozzie back in goal.  If they can sustain even close to this level of play, I cant see anyone beating them in a seven game series.  While im glad to see Detroit have an easy series with a nice rest break, I definately miss the intensity of the old Avs - Wings rivalry.  when that was at its peak it was the best hockey rivalry ever.  No holds barred, absolute hatred between the 2 and every game was a war.  Good times!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 03, 2008, 03:38:39 AM »

Ugh I just found out how the Montreal-Philly series has been going.  When I left it was tied 1-1 and now I see that it's 3-1 for the Flyers.  God that sucks-not sure why Montreal is having such trouble with teams that they absolutely blew away in the regular season.  I think the Canadiens can maybe pull out another win, but three in a row?  No way.  No hope for Canadian teams in the final this year!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 03, 2008, 04:01:21 AM »

I really wish the Sharks would have gone on their 20 game no loss streak about 15 games later so it carried into the playoffs.  UGGH
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 03, 2008, 04:04:20 AM »

The VS announcer just called it, the f-ing Sharks PK guys just SIT there.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING???  You HAVE to win tonight.  JESUS!!!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 03, 2008, 04:20:06 AM »

HOLY CRAP
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 03, 2008, 04:24:17 AM »

Oh man I'm stressssssssssssssssssssssseed
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 03, 2008, 04:51:58 AM »

GO SHARKS!!!!!!
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 03, 2008, 05:30:57 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on May 03, 2008, 12:48:08 AM

Barry Melrose deserves a major helping of crow as he picked the Avs to handle the RedWings easily.  Im sure he will fall back on the injury crutch to save face but regardless of that, you can not deny that the Wings dominated the Avs completely.
They look like a completely different team ever since they put Ozzie back in goal.  If they can sustain even close to this level of play, I cant see anyone beating them in a seven game series.  While im glad to see Detroit have an easy series with a nice rest break, I definately miss the intensity of the old Avs - Wings rivalry.  when that was at its peak it was the best hockey rivalry ever.  No holds barred, absolute hatred between the 2 and every game was a war.  Good times!
I remember watching him do the commentary back in '02. If he could of reached through the monitor to service Patrick Roy he would have. He had some kind of man crush on Roy and most of the Avs team. I haven't seen him since much, but I'm not suprised he's still the same way. What a wanker.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 04, 2008, 02:22:17 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 03, 2008, 04:51:58 AM

GO SHARKS!!!!!!

I was in a bar watching on a tiny tele on the other side of the room. Wasn't until I saw the crowd around Pavelski that I realized what happened. What a great effort. Might still be too little too late but damn, I'm proud of our boys. Game 6 is going to be one hell of a test but I have faith that we can make a game out of it. Even if we lose, we showed some resolve, which is a great step forward.

And down go the Habs. As if my playoff predictions for Meal's contest wasn't in enough of a shambles. I still can't believe I took the Sens over the Pens. Damn it.

Flannery O'Connor
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #502 on: May 04, 2008, 03:39:27 AM »

Woot! Bye bye Canadiens.  icon_smile
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 04, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »

Unless you are a Rangers fan, the Penguins this season are a fun and exciting bunch to watch. Assuming this game continues as the Penguins meet the Flyers next round, that is going to be a heck of a matchup.
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 04, 2008, 08:48:11 PM »

I hate watching games on NBC.  The play by play people are good, but the intermission commentators just suck the life out of the game.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 04, 2008, 09:10:03 PM »

Penguins-Flyers for the East?

Um, uh... GO WESTERN CONFERENCE!

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 04, 2008, 09:16:44 PM »

All I can say, is that the Eastern Conference Finals could get really bloody.  The Penguins and Flyers absolutely hate each other.

oh and .....

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 05, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »

Holy Shit this is intense!!!!!!!!

&

Man I HATE Dallas
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 05, 2008, 02:40:45 AM »

Man I don't understand why the Sharks have so much trouble scoring....it's unreal.   PICK IT UP GUYS!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 05, 2008, 03:35:41 AM »

Man OT again....my nerves are shot!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 05, 2008, 03:51:35 AM »

WOW Nabby what a save!!!!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 05, 2008, 04:22:38 AM »

2OT @_@
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 05, 2008, 04:30:21 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 05, 2008, 04:22:38 AM

2OT @_@

I can't handle this anymore. My nerves are too old for this. It's worse than the Sharks first arriving in their innagural playoff series against the Wings.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 05, 2008, 04:39:39 AM »

I don't know who is going to give out first: the Sharks, the Stars or the ice.

If the road home crosses any landscape features that include words like "forgotten," "void," "razorthorn," "shadowmist," or "doom," then I vote that we take a nap first.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2008, 04:59:42 AM »

Man I'm DYING
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2008, 05:08:15 AM »

GYAHHHH 3 OT @_@
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 05, 2008, 05:13:21 AM »

That was a nasty looking high stick in 2nd OT.  I wonder just what someone will have to do to draw a penalty.  I know the refs don't like to get involved but if I was the Stars I would be pissed over that one and the refs delaying the game waiting for the Shark to come back.  Don't get me wrong, both teams have had plenty of chances tonight to let me get to bed!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2008, 05:43:18 AM »

This is the most INSANE goaldtending EVER
Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 05, 2008, 05:43:47 AM »

Except for Turco, the Stars look like they are falling apart.

Arnir

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2008, 05:44:02 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 05, 2008, 05:43:18 AM

This is the most INSANE goaldtending EVER
Agreed.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: